Alexander Skarsgard: On Set Break Time!

Alexander Skarsgard: On Set Break Time!

Alexander Skarsgard takes a break on the set of Disconnect on Tuesday (September 27) in Yonkers, New York.

The 35-year-old actor read The Good Soldiers while waiting to film his scenes on location in the Westchester county town outside of New York City.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Alexander Skarsgard

The day before, Alexander was filming on set in NYC sporting some extra costume padding!

New posters for Alexander‘s film Melancholia were recently released! Check out the images of Alexander, along with his co-stars Kirsten Dunst, Kiefer Sutherland, John Hurt, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and director Lars von Trier.

10+ pictures inside of Alexander on set and the new Melancholia poster images…

alexander skarsgard on set 01

• Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Alex in five years !!!

I think the costume department on this movie is doing a good job making Alex look like a slubby suburban American husband. It’s so funny. I’d still hit that!

It will be the “True Blood cast: where are they now?”

The jeans are killing me.

He’s still hot, bad jeans and all :)

on the 7th pic is he eating something or is he trying to wipe his mouth?
maybe someone left lipstick on? interesting…:P

Hot Potato @ 09/27/2011 at 8:22 pm

You can’t take the hotness out of the guy, no matter how hard you try. The twinkly eyes are still visible.

Sometimes, at certain angles, he looks like Bill Pullman.

Wow the makeup department is doing a good job making him look tired and ordinary. That hair colour does nothing for him, and maybe that’s the point. He still looks great no matter what they try.

How much does he pay to have papps follow him – geez so obvious.

Al’s lookin’ kinda shabby there.

@Pap: So obviously on a movie set, as opposed to say, a nail salon or a vet’s office.

dailynightly @ 09/27/2011 at 9:16 pm

And where is Kate’s new post–I’m sure it will be along any moment…..

@dailynightly:
She had one prior to his. Cheap nail salon visit, you know, cause the paps just happen to hang out there.

@dailynightly:
actually there was one before that one like 3-4 posts away

Actually, two AlexS post and two KateBosworth post… being honest I believe this is no coincidence. The reactions are funny:
- “oooh, a new alex post!”
- “she calls the paps!!!”

Jared skarsgad you looking happy! Yes!

hey guys what for the thumbs down? in the first i was just curious and in the second informative so…

@wtf?: Thumb troll.

Natalie, to repeat from post 12: he’s on a movie set, she’s papped leaving a nail salon. There’s actually a difference there, he’s working and she’s not (ok she’s working if you count calling the paps and posing for them as ‘work’).

@ladybug: just asking! you don’t have to label people

@ladybug: oh, dear… Let me explain it to you:
they have the same publicist and JJ always make posts about them at the same time… it doesn’t matter what they’re doing.
Alex has gas station, eating sandwiches, runing and more ‘nail salon’ equivalent post …

@wtf?:
No, she means there is someone who goes around giving people thumbs down all the time. People refer to that person as a thumb troll.

@Camille: thanks for the clarification. obviously a misunderstanding

Yup, still wanna hit it!.

OMG The comments are priceless:
Can I copy-paste one?
Submitted by snowball on Tue, 09/27/2011 – 6:53pm.

I don’t understand the appeal of this creepy fivehead with an overbite. He looks like he probably giggles through his orgasms. Derpy.

@wtf?:
Sure, no problem.

FROM DLISTED – By non-blind people
Submitted by mike on Tue, 09/27/2011 – 7:03pm.

We’re conditioned by the showbiz media to see hotness where there is none. Few celebs are truly exceptional looking. Most are within the realm of average.

@Natalie: Don’t ‘dear’ me, sweetheart.
I’m well aware that they have the same publicist. But see, AS has a career, and well, she doesn’t really. So he is going to get papped, without having to actually call on them. She, OTOH, since she hasn’t been in a successful movie in years, and is no longer dating a more famous individual, is going to have to call the paps. I know, it’s hard to understand that not everyone’s a famew**** like KB, but not everyone is.

Oooh, Natalie’s discovered how to bold in her posts!

(Ok, I’ll stop poking the troll. Really. Since, of course, every time I feed a troll Sarah Palin gets a tv appearance)

@ladybug: or gyno office cuz really that is the place to hang out right?

I love how she said she’s into Neko Case in that Style Caster interview. Uh huh, right after they were featured on TB.

E. Norma Stitz @ 09/28/2011 at 12:05 am

Nice bunz Alex……..even in those hideous frumpy jeans.

Sofanda Cox @ 09/28/2011 at 12:08 am

Bad jeans or not still got the bulge shot…..Nice!

I love Alex. I’m interested in this movie and excited that Paula Patton was cast as his wife (or lover).

Why do people even respond to the trolls? It makes them post even more. Ignore them and they more on. Never understood the motivation to look for articles and spend so much time posting comments about people you dislike.

Not digging the red hair on Alex. I like him best with his natural blondish brown color. He’s still yummy in whatever though.

lafamepoma @ 09/28/2011 at 5:45 am

Did he died his hair? it looks more brunette from when he was shooting ” What maise knew”

@Annie: That’s not red, that’s a very dull brown. lafamepoma, yes they are either dying or rinsing his hair for this role.
Jenna, you are correct, I shouldn’t respond to the troll(s).

future mrs skarsgard @ 09/28/2011 at 7:36 am

he still looks good even with his mouth full and its nice to see him smiling again!!!

cute though the wrinkles under his eyes make him look more like 45. Like him better as a blond though the color must be for the show.

It’s good to see him busy like this. It means that we’re gonna see him more in the big screen. And that will be a treat. :)

It looks like they are emphasizing his under eye bags to make his character look really worn out. Alex’s character has a lot of problems in this movie!

I wonder if his character is supposed to be older, like middle aged. They certainly don’t have him looking like a young man with the clothes and whatnot.

@Camille: It’ll be interesting to see how the look translates to film. It really isn’t the outfit of a mid 30′s suburban man, even one down one his luck. Those are grandpa jeans or something.

@ladybug:
That’s my though too, that they’re making him older. Even people I know that have money troubles, that are in their 30′s like me, don’t wear that kind of stuff. You can still buy cooler looking clothes for cheap.

I read posts at JJ and female celebrities are always accused of calling the paps but the guys never are. And this is by women! Women bashing women! Please people, celebs aren’t calling paps except maybe “reality” show celebs.

from Maisie to this look LOL. In Maisie he looked ten years younger — here ten years older. Of course he’s still hot but it’s like one of those hidden pictures things like kids have, you have to search really hard to find it through the dyed hair and tummy padding.

I f you have girl you can do hahah

@seeshay: Probably a very good example to NOT judge a book by it’s cover. Brains and a sense of humour, because all the rest comes and goes.

He’s GORGEOUS!
Love him and his movies.
Actually, I don’t care about his movies.
I just think he’s SEXY!

He is beautiful both inside and out. A real cut above all the body builder dark and dirty clones in the movies right now. At least he can act which is more then I can say for the biggest share of the muscle bound set.

Passing by @ 09/28/2011 at 4:46 pm

@Jjbc:
half of your coment is kinda weird… (dark and dirty? I don’t get it )
the other half is hilarious… Skarstrash isn’t part of the muscle-head on screen??
BHAHAHAHA.

I think you guys are right about the wash out color. There is a picture on santress website taken yesterday and he looks blonde. If I put that crap in my hair it wouldn’t wash out and who knows what color it would be …..oh the amazing power of highlighted hair!!!

@chelle: Plus the Santress pic looks post-wash, so it’d be back to his natural color

@chelle:
It probably comes out in the shower I’m assuming. The makeup department must do it daily.

Melancholia is playing at the New York Film Festival on Monday, with an afterparty. Alex and Kristen are supposed to be there.

I see the thumbs down police are out. LOL

I’m happy Alex is working so much this summer. He’s supposed to do one more movie in Oct/Nov before True Blood starts filming again. I loved watching him on the big screen!

Alex looks so good in that Melancholia poster!

@Kelly: He’s rumored for The East, but haven’t seen anything confirmed.

@Kelly: He was rumored for The East, but I’ve seen nothing confirming that he’s actually in the movie.
Camille, It’s nice that Melancholia is playing at another festival. Plus, a chance to see the non-schlubby ASkars.

@Kelly: The down side of that is that he’s not going to have much time to head home to Sweden.

@ladybug:
I’m looking forward to seeing him in another suit, and to see what Kristen wears. I loved what she wore to TIFF. I’m glad he at least gets to do some promotion for it. Kirsten did the premiere in London this week. I bet Alex wishes he could be in Europe doing some of it, but he’s just way too busy.

@Canuck:
He could probably use a trip home. Poor guy looks tired. He had like two days off in between movies, and this one looks like a lot of night shots so he’s probably working late.

@Camille: Yeah, a week or two in no-pap Normal Land would probably be a relief.

@Alexander Skarsgard is balding: Pretty hard to stalk somebody when you’re several thousand miles away, don’t you think?

You know what’s really annoying? People who have nothing to asdd to the thread except to call other people names. There seriously needs to be an ignore feature on here, especially for people who come on here for no other reason than to bash posters. You’d think the continual deleting of said comments would give people a hint, but sadly that doesn’t seem to be the case.

He is tired looking, but they film long hours. Sometimes you can be on a movie set for 16 hours a day. It’s got nothing to do with pestering people, since I’m pretty sure most of the people posting on here are nowhere near Alexander.

Looks like Ellen Page is joining The East. So far, it still says Alex is going to be in the movie.

@ladybug:
LOL I was just about to post that. Yay! I wonder where the filming will be now if not in Nashville.

@Camille: I also wonder where they’ll film, it would have nice for Nashville to have it there.
Also, I think the blue sweats are better than the grandpa jeans:

@ladybug:
They look like they’re comfy. Man this wardrobe is brutal though. LOL

@Camille: Is anyone else quietly murmuring the name of the city they live in to themselves? Hahaha!

I see that Michael Nyqvist is also in this. Do you think they tease each other about the number of times each has respectively been voted “Sweden’s sexiest man”?
Michael: Two times, m****f***er, two times!
Alex: Pffft.. Five times old man…five times…
Michael: Yeah… Come talk to me when you’ve got Daniel Craig playing YOU in a film.
Alex: you’re sooooo lucky it wasn’t my Dad playing you in a film.

@Canuck:
Yeah no kidding. Nothing ever gets filmed where I live though, except that Brad Pitt movie, oh and Snow Day. LMAO!

@Canuck: Before those photos of them on set were deleted, they looked like they were having a lot of fun.

@ladybug:
They got deleted? What for? Is that a copyright thing? They’re just sitting around, nothing special. Sheesh!

@Camille: Yep, got deleted. They were originally on the Expressen.se site, and I know some sites did credit them, but perhaps they complained.

I am thrilled to see that the “the East” has been confirmed for him. I think that’s a huge step forward for him, being the lead, and sounds like a very interesting character and story. He did so well in Straw Dogs making Charlie seem part good at least, I think he’ll do the same in this one and make the bad guy terrorist seem sympathetic. Plus, if everyone’s falling in love with him in it., he ought to be looking a lot better than he is in this Disconnect movie.

@ladybug: @Camille: Yeah they were having a good laugh. Chances are they probably know each other, I don’t think the acting community in Sweden is that large. Nyqvist was great in the Swedish version of the Millenium series. No way I’m going to see the new version, I doubt they could have done a better job on it.

@Canuck: I am going to see Fincher’s version. I liked the Swedish version but I think there’s room for improvement.

@ladybug: It was actually a stretch for me to see the Swedish one, it’s very rare that I’ll go and see the film of a book that I’ve read. Most of the time what I’ve pictured in my head is way better than what they manage to put on film. And I kind of like the “minimalism” that European films have, HW doesn’t often seem to get that more isn’t always better, it’s just more.

@Canuck: With the Millennium Trilogy I don’t think anyone will ever match what’s in my head.
Though I’ll be interested to see how Stellan does as Martin Vanger in Fincher’s version.

@Canuck:
I liked the Swedish versions too, though I often wonder why they left out so many parts of the books that I found to be important. I wonder if Fincher’s version will put some of that back in. It’s always hard to make a movie when your source material is like 800 pages long. It’s almost impossible to cram that into a 2 hour movie.

@ladybug:
I think Stellan will be a great Vanger. I have to say Daniel Craig matches the description of Michael in the book better to me than Nyqvist does. That’s my opinion though. Michael is supposed to have sandy blonde hair and so was Vanger, but neither of them did in the Swedish versions. Plus they really downplayed Berger in the Swedish movies, and she seemed pretty important in the books, so I’m interested to see what happens there.

@seeshay:
I’m happy he’s getting to do it too. To me, this is the movie that seems to have the most interesting and exciting plotline. Plus it’s a starring role, and that’s always good. I think he’ll get to showcase so much of his talen with it.

Not really related, but I found Lainey’s comments about Bosworth setting up Bloom for that pap sighting a few months ago interesting.

@Macy: You’re right, totally not related. Done is done…@Camille: Very much agree about Berger, but I doubt HW is going to rectify that, strong women roles are few and far between in most HW movies.

@Canuck: I thought the Swedish movies played down Annika’s role as well, even in the last movie.
And in reading the cast list I wonder how I missed Joel Kinnaman playing Christer and Goran Višnjić playing Dragan?

@Canuck:
I felt kind of ripped off that they’d all but cut Berger out of the first movie. Then his affair with Cecilia wasn’t even mentioned. I found that odd too, plus not even mentioning Anita and how she went to London and then died of Cancer and Harriett took over her identity was totally left out.I always found that odd because it’s an important part of how she was able to get off the island and continue her life undetected. They totally glossed over the exposing of Weinerstrom too. In the second movie they leave out Lisbeth’s time in Grenada, and the whole part about the creepy doctor, and her surgeries. They just leave out some parts that I find were interesting and intregal to the story. Oh well.

@Camille: Ok, maybe there WERE some bits that were a bit too minimalist :). I’m just picturing the HW version being lots of shock scenes, be they violence, blood, gre etc… They ALWAYS tend to go way over the top in things like that.

@Camille: For the movie, leaving out Lisbeth’s year off made sense. There’s almost too much detail to put into a 2 hour movie. Though they could have found time for a little more of the policewomen, Sonja Modig and Monica Figuerola.

Check out the new pics of our boy. How handsome is he.

CREEPY FIVEHEAD @ 10/02/2011 at 3:57 am

———————————————————————————————-
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

I wonder what they did to his hair. It usually looks so soft and shiny. Makes me wonder if they put a wig on him. I think they`re trying to make him look ordinary and very unsexy for this role, but it’s not really working. Love this man and can’t wait to see more of his movies.