Melissa McCarthy Covers 'The Hollywood Reporter'

Melissa McCarthy Covers 'The Hollywood Reporter'

Melissa McCarthy graces the cover of the latest issue of The Hollywood Reporter.

Here’s what the 41-year-old Mike & Molly star and Emmy winner had to share:

On starting a production company with her actor husband Ben Falcone: “To have the opportunity to start developing and being on the creating side of stuff, for me, is one of the most amazing and exciting things that’s happened. I’ve been writing for 15 years, and now, suddenly, people are like, ‘Oh, what’s in that drawer?’ It’s like, ‘Well, I’ll show what’s in the drawer.’”

On launching a clothing line for other plus-size women: “Trying to find stuff that’s still fashion-forward in my size is damn near impossible. It’s either for like a 98-year-old woman or a 14-year-old hooker, and there is nothing in the middle.”

For more on Melissa‘s interview and cover story, check out HollywoodReporter.com!

Bigger pic inside

melissa mccarthy thr

Photos: The Hollywood Reporter
Posted to: Magazine, Melissa McCarthy

Christopher Polk/Getty

From Paris with Love @ 09/29/2011 at 7:27 pm

Hilarious as a butch dykke in Bridesmaids and as a naughty housewife in Life as we know it. Girl can act!

I love her! She is so beautiful and an amazing actress. A well deserved win!

Melissa McCarthy is amazing, haters to the left!

Jessica Rabbit @ 09/29/2011 at 8:20 pm

I love her!

On another note, I thought it was Kelly Clarkson on the cover at first

@From Paris with Love:

True, and her role on Gilmore girls was quite different to Bridesmaids and Life as We Know it as well.

She bit lookalike christina aguilera when christina black hair

Tonya in Texas @ 09/29/2011 at 9:43 pm

She is awsome ya’ll. My new fav actress!!!!

loverducky @ 09/29/2011 at 11:27 pm

Have loved her since Gilmore Girls..so glad she is getting the recognition she deserves now.

LOVE her; she’s like a breathe of fresh air!

She should try and not be morbidly obese, and then clothes would fit. No prob with curves, but she’s beyond that. And saying that she doesn’t care is proved wrong by the fact that she felt the need to whine about clothes.

If it comes to the point when you can’t find clothes that fit. It’s not a time to design bigger clothes. It’s a time to wake up and smell the coffee and realise you need to LOSE WEIGHT.

seriously @ 09/30/2011 at 8:49 am

She really needs to lose a lot of weight. That’s the reason she can’t find many dresses that she likes. She is horribly obese. She doesn’t have to get down to the same size as her cousin, Jenny McCarthy, but she needs to lose a lot of weight to get down to at least half her size. Coming out with her own fashion line is just promoting obesity.

loverducky @ 09/30/2011 at 10:49 pm

@seriously:

Maybe she is trying, and what, is she just supposed to go naked in the mean time? Maybe you also don’t know anything about her or what she deals with. I think she is beautiful, inside and out, and maybe you should stop promoting ignorance, I think that’s a much greater problem

So because I’m fat, I don’t deserve to wear nice clothes? What a load of equine fecal matter!