Gerard Butler Covers 'Los Angeles Confidential' October 2011

Gerard Butler Covers 'Los Angeles Confidential' October 2011

Gerard Butler grins from ear to ear on the cover of Los Angeles Confidential‘s October 2011 issue.

Here’s what the 41-year-old Scottish stud had to share:

On why he chose Machine Gun Preacher as his latest project: “I think what made me want to walk around in his shoes was just the man himself. What he’s achieved is so mind-blowing, so unbelievable – this person who just kind of takes on the world, decides to go into Sudan and build an orphanage in the middle of the civil war. He’s definitely not a Mr. Goody Two-Shoes, squeaky-clean hero, so it just felt like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

On taking nothing for granted…but never being used to being a celeb: “It’s almost like being successful makes certain people feel like they have the right to be completely invasive and aggressive in your life. That’s what really bothers me. I can’t often go to Starbucks without literally having five different cameras pointing at me. You smile and wave, but really you think, I don’t even want to do this anymore. I just want to go….At the end of the day, I love making movies.”

For more from Gerry, visit LA-Confidential-Magazine.com!

gerard butler la confidential magazine 01
gerard butler la confidential magazine 02
gerard butler la confidential magazine 03
gerard butler la confidential magazine 04

• Erin Andrews talks about nasty Dancing with the Stars rehearsals- US Weekly
  • Nicki Minaj's dancer gets bit by snake at MTV VMAs rehearsal- TMZ
  • Check out a still from Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn- Just Jared Jr
  • NBC decides to nix Emerald City- Entertainment Weekly
  • Tara Reid turns heads in a pink ensemble- Huffington Post
  • What is Josh Brolin up to these days?- Lainey Gossip
  • Steve Martin is in talks to star in Magic Camp- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Bianca Gascoigne shows off her curves in a bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 718 » Show All
angelsrock @ 10/05/2011 at 1:57 pm

Wow!! Looking good Mr. Butler!!! How did they straighten that curly wavy crop of hair!!! I think they’re trying to depict the 60′s and so the curly mop would look out of place. I may try and order this unless Barnes and Nobles carries it.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 10/05/2011 at 1:59 pm

Good to see Gerry on a magazine cover again! Nice photo too.
~K

First! Love the cool factor in these pictures!

So handsome!

Appilonia G. MontiNegro @ 10/05/2011 at 2:27 pm

Gerry is Truely the most Handsome Man! That Million Dollar Smile is the best! lol…I love the layout and the back drops…. Love these photos, just love them ,lol…Wonderful and he looks so happy….Yes we need to see more wonderful photo’s like this….lol….GERRY FOR ONE PLEASE, LOL…….Appi

Simply irresistible!

@Dragonette:

It’s my favorite one also.

Joie de Vivre @ 10/05/2011 at 2:40 pm

Handsome indeed! Love this look. Although it is hard to believe the fame is getting to him….he seems to thrive on it. It is all part of the package for being a celebrity today and with that lifestyle choice; unfortunately for some public figures, comes a great deal of responsibility. Some handle it with class and dignity and others, well…Hope Butler is one who makes the right choices. What a platform to make a positive difference in a young person’s life.

“I can’t often go to Starbucks without literally having five different cameras pointing at me.”

Think maybe you have something to do with that Jared? Oh the irony! lol

Try sitting ina office allday @ 10/05/2011 at 2:59 pm

So handsome ! Dispute the lightening , hair & make-up – G is just so sexy.
Regarding MGP, i still can’t seem to get a release date for Australia ? & i don’t understand why? G seems to have done a ‘ton of press’ for this movie in the USA & the movie is only showing in a few theatres ? Why bother.
If some-one could enlighten me that would be great.
Finally, just read the above quote from this magazine article , please please G do not turn into one of those celeb’s that whinges about the paparazzi -you are living your dream – smile & wave & go about your day.
There is a quote from J Depp comparing Paparazzi to rape. REALLY ?? OMG .

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 10/05/2011 at 3:18 pm

The photographer has a good eye. He’s good at what he does. The range of emotions are intriguing. They draw the shopper in for a closer look. Well done!
Oh, and the article is well-written as well covering a lot, but revealing even more.
~K

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 10/05/2011 at 3:19 pm

It would be nice to have it “above the fold” here on Just Jared. It’s deserving in my opinion. Gerry connects to people well, even on paper!
~K

HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He looks hot with his hair blow dried out like that… really hot.

movie reviews @ 10/05/2011 at 3:37 pm

Does everyone get the same ad for Tenaga, for men’s health and enhanced sexual vitality, just under Butler’s pics? LOL….!!!

Dream on, men! LOL.

SandrahMsFabulous @ 10/05/2011 at 3:40 pm

@Try sitting ina office allday: I live in Atlanta. They opened it last week-end in only one theather. I noticed that some big budget movies may not come out at multiple locations at the same time. They spent so much money promoting it so they want to test it first before a big release. The same thing happened with Black Swan. It came out nationwide maybe 4 weeks after being released in selected theathers. GB’s performance in Machine Gun Preacher was incredible. This man deserves an Oscar nomination….to say the least!

Hollywood Gossiper @ 10/05/2011 at 3:42 pm

@Try sitting ina office allday: Well the paps caught Johnny in swim trunks recently having a very Gerry in Barbados moment? Is he gaining weight for a role?

Thing is there are Starbucks all over LA you don’t have to go to the one or two Starbucks where the paparazzi have taken up daily residence.

I see nothing to complain about here!I just love black and white photos too.They seem to be more glamorous.

He’s something else.Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Jones’ photographs of Gerry are absolutely fabulous! What a braw lad he is! Even the serious photos are lovely. Hmmm – love the view!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 718 » Show All