Steve Jobs Dies At 56

Steve Jobs Dies At 56

Steve Jobs, the former CEO of Apple, has passed away. He was 56.

“Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple,” the company said in a statement on its website.

Steve had resigned from his position back in August. He received a liver transplant for pancreatic cancer in 2009.

Steve is survived by his wife Laurene and his four children.

STEVE JOBS RIP!!!!! @ 10/05/2011 at 7:51 pm

RIP!!!!

RIP. Very sad.

This is so sad. RIP

RIP, Steve, you were the MAN!

RIP, Steve Jobs. Thoughts & prayers go out to his family.

Media Wh@re MANiston @ 10/05/2011 at 7:54 pm

Wow!! This is so sad. RIP. So young too.

That’s messed up…

RIP Steve. You changed my life in a big way…

Haters Suck! @ 10/05/2011 at 7:56 pm

The guy was a visonary and perhaps ahead of his time. Rip mr. Jobs, thanks for everything.

RIP Steve Jobs!
Thank you for making “i-anything” cool.
You will be missed greatly.

RIP Steve Jobs, thank you for making Apple what is it. Thanks for all your hard work.

REST IN PEACE, STEVE JOBS.

[~Fug Face Mn!ston~] @ 10/05/2011 at 8:04 pm

..He changed the world.

iGrieve .. RIP :(

MarilynandtheDiamonds @ 10/05/2011 at 8:12 pm

He was a very brilliant man. Thank you Steve for sharing your vision with us. May you rest in peace.

he died too young. he was a genius. RIP and thank you for your wonderful contributions

RIP Steve. You were a brilliant brilliant man.

So sad. He was truly a visionary. He changed the world. How many people can look back on their lives and say that?

RIP Steve, Apple wont be the same without you

Omg so sad. Rest in peace.

Wow, so sad. He will be missed. Sorry for his family. He was a visionary genius.

He was 2 years older then my dad when he passed away due to cancer.. My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP to a true inspiration!

That is so sad. He did contribute a lot to technology and society and his legacy will ive on. If there’s an afterlife, Mr. Jobs, I hope you’re having a wonderful time there. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Although this was expected since Pancreatic cancer claims 95 percent of those that get it–still a horrible shock. Thank you Steve Jobs for everything!

RIP Steve was a very decent human being.

Rest Well Mr. Jobs. Your ideas revolutionized the way the world works forever.

I. HATE. CANCER.

Lana Bee Bayram @ 10/05/2011 at 8:37 pm

RIP mr. Jobs…all I wanna say is thank for my mac computer, ipod, ipad and my soon to have iphone…my ipod especially because it literally became my best friend…I literally just watched the cnn documentary feature yesterday…:(

This is one time Jared I think we all can come togeather on Just Jared………..RIP Mr. Steve Jobs….May Angels Take You Home …No More Pain…

R.I.P. way 2 young

Rest in peace!!

Thank you Steve for your great contribution to this world. All of our thoughts, prayers, and heart go out to his family.

Adios Muchcachos take that apple slave child labor with you.

Never could understand how this man could be glorified when his company killed so many people in the manufacturing of it’s products.

80 hour workweeks, suicides, unsafe working conditions, child labor.

No need for it.

Have a good one Mr Foxconn.

Typed my comment on JJ from my iPhone, just wanted to comment again and say thanks to you Steve, I can do that!

So Sad… RIP Steve jobs.

Thank You Mr. Jobs for being a leader instead of a follower, he decided to think outside the box in a world where creativity seemed to have been dwindling. I still remember the very first time I bought an I-pod, it seemed like I won the lottery when I got it, good times :) I can only hope that the media will give this man’s family ample time to grieve, and with that said may he rest in peace and God be with his family :)

He co-founded Apple and made revolutionary products. He created PIXAR. He had a huge impact on all our lives. Rest In Peace, Steve, and Thank you.

rest in peace.

RIP Steve Jobs. My condolences to the family.

He was a really great man

FloridaMark @ 10/06/2011 at 2:22 am

Now, there’s a great man. RIP, Steve!

nyob @ 10/05/2011 at 8:18 pm
***********************************************************
So, so true. Ever since the news broke it was all we talked about at work. We can’t believe he’s gone. Gone too soon. My condolences to his family.

He will always be remembered as the innovater of the PC because we use it daily he will live on forever !!!

melissa asherman @ 10/06/2011 at 4:02 am

“Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. You’ve got to find what you love. The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” ~ Steve Jobs
(RIP)

Jared, don’t you think that’s more important that vanessa hudgens or adam lambert.. just put it on the top!
RIP

siennagold @ 10/06/2011 at 5:10 am

RIP Steve. You are a tech legend. Your innovations will live on. The entire planet will miss you.

So sad, 56 to young to die. R.I.P.

Joneblaze @ 10/06/2011 at 6:16 am

The Passing of a Genius
Without iTunes a lot of musicians may have never had careers,and a lot
of good music would have went right past my radar.
R.I.P Steve Jobs

The Apple co-founder Steve Jobs sudden demise causes a deep void in the field of modern innovative technology which appears difficult to be filled, and he will continue to live in people’s memory with having digitally so enabled them as to make lives and ideas more intimately communicable. With products like I-phone and I-pod, it was jobs who had transformed the personal computer device into being really a multi-media technological miracle, encompassing the fields of voice communication, entertainment and visual treat, blurring the dividing lines of actual mundane life and virtual reality. May God bless his soul a serine peace.

He changed our lives…our world! RIP Steve :(

To think that he was part middle eastern (his biological father is a Syrian Muslim) and to see how much he is loved is so heart-warming. May be people are not aware of it or the fact that he was raised by Armenian parents.
RIP Steve. You will be missed!

Vanessafan @ 10/07/2011 at 12:32 am

Ugh, this is so depressing. We lost a very influential person :( RIP Steve, you will always be missed!

So Sad , Thank you Steve for My IPhone :)

RIP Steve, you were a brilliant man. My condolences to the family.

I can’t believe he’s gone! I’m going crazy over here! I know it’s been a week but still I miss him! he was an inspiration to all.

Check out http://www.pixt.com/remembersteve for some touching tributes to the guy himself.

RIP Steve!!!