Nicki Minaj Surprises 8-Year-Old Fan on 'Ellen'

Nicki Minaj Surprises 8-Year-Old Fan on 'Ellen'

Nicki Minaj surprises 8-year-old fan Sophia in this new clip from an episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

Sophia and her 5-year-old cousin Rosie rapped Nicki‘s hit “Super Bass” in a YouTube video that’s been viewed by over million people!

“Within five seconds of seeing this video, I was calling everyone I knew and I was also receiving a billion emails,” Nicki told Ellen. “Everyone is like, ‘You have to see this little girl.’ She blew me away!”

FYI: Nicki is wearing a Petro Zillia vintage floral patchwork skirt.

Nicki Minaj Surprises Rapping Princess

Click inside to watch Sophia rap “Super Bass”…

Sophia Raps ‘Super Bass’

ABC

I’m not that big of a fan of Minaj but that was sweet of her. Those little girls really love her. She has a great voice for her age.

urbigFatAss @ 10/12/2011 at 2:49 pm

ummmm something wrong with this picture, have any of you listened to Minaj music ? she swears like a truck driver, f this f that i would never let an 8 year old listen to her , it’s embarrassing

laverdadduele @ 10/12/2011 at 3:05 pm

There’s nothing cute or sweet about this. It’s really concerning little girls look up to someone like Nicki Minaj, her music, the way she dresses and carries herself, not good at all. If this is what kids aspire to, we’re doomed.

Cookie_Monster @ 10/12/2011 at 3:20 pm

I wonder how many years of formal education , Nicki Minaj has?But that little girl has showcased amazing vocals..she is far from being just a rapper. I was blown away and hope she will replace the manufactured artists downgrading the music industry at the mo.

I assume these kids heard it on the radio, which is better. I think it’s sweet of Nicki to meet them but it is concerning that these little kids love her so much. Someone who sings “let me put this p**** on your sideburns” should not be looked up to at all. I do Nicki has said she just says stuff like that for fun and it isn’t to be taken seriously, but children still shouldn’t hear that.

MarilynandtheDiamonds @ 10/12/2011 at 4:37 pm

For once, it’s nice to see children happy and have their dreams come true!

Yes, Nicki doesn’t have the best lyrics (I don’t personally listen to her). But to be fair, her songs are for adults. However, a fan is a fan. I really loved how she gave the girls real, genuine hugs and lots of kisses. She showed them love, and I have more respect for her because of it.

Mrs. Gaston @ 10/12/2011 at 6:54 pm

LOVING THIS VIDEO! super cute and totally funny. love that little girl’s enthusiasm. she’s a star and i’m sure we’ll be seeing her again. Nicki is just as amazing for showing up. the hug she gave and her flattery towards the girl’s reaction was genuine and thoughtful.

I think this is too cute. this young girl has skill to do this whole rap! My friends and I still cant do it.
People say Nicki’s music is for adults but if you listen to such bands as Sclub7 and those kind they aren’t the most innocent lyrics either.
Its always good to see a little girls dream come true and look so happy.

blah blah FU BLAH @ 10/12/2011 at 10:48 pm

Chill out you bitchy haters, JESUS CHRIST

LOL the older one is super hype and their accent is so delicious, so cute both of them