Orlando Bloom: Kate Bosworth Opens Up About 2006 Break-Up

Orlando Bloom: Kate Bosworth Opens Up About 2006 Break-Up

Orlando Bloom answers a call on his cell phone on Tuesday (October 18) in Los Angeles.

Earlier in the day, the 34-year-old actor’s wife, Miranda Kerr, was spotted on the other side of the country getting out of her SUV!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Orlando Bloom

Orlando‘s ex-girlfriend Kate Bosworth recently opened up about their relationship, which ended in 2006.

“[The break-up] sent me into such pain, I think I had actual vertigo. I was like, ‘Is this my new reality? Will anything be normal again?’” Kate said to the Sunday Times Style (via Us Weekly) about the hard break-up.

“You wake up and you think, ‘OK, I’ll never be the same, but I’ll survive and I’ll grow from it,’” Kate concluded.

Also pictured inside: Orlando leaving a veterinary appointment with his dog that same day.

10+ pictures inside of Orlando Bloom out and about in LA…

orlando bloom answers phone 01
orlando bloom answers phone 11

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All

Nobody’s saying he suffered. She’s saying SHE suffered.

jennifer aniston 2.0

Peanut Gallery @ 10/19/2011 at 6:56 am

Hardly surprising that a woman who relies on a movie she was in almost 10 years ago to remain relevant dredges up a relationship that was over 6 years ago.

Now she is persona non grata in lots of industry areas, has to be desperately graping at straws

I believe he is the only man she REALLY loved you just have to see pictures of her with him to realize that it also did not help that HE did the dumping but that doesn’t change the FACT that she needs some REAL therapy for even talking about that FIVE YEARS latter so pathetic talk about a lucky escape LOL.

@jesus JJ: I’m also wondering why she’s still talking about Orlando Bloom and doesn’t talk about the split btw her and Alexander Skarsgard.
But I think this is btw them. They made it a rule not to talk about their relationship. (as Alex said it previously) So they probably won’t talk about it. Too bad, I was pretty curious actually ! Lol

As far as I can tell, he didn’t take the one of her topless against a red curtain despite what all the articles are saying. That seems to have been Lily Aldridge. He took the outdoor ones.

Also, they all say she’s not wearing makeup, but she looks as if she’s got some lipstick on at least.

I like his pictures and I think Miranda looks fresh and honest in them.

I notice in some of the interviews that he’s been doing recently, that he seems to be quite good at putting people at their ease, so I wonder if he’d make a good photographer. I think he ought to do a photojournalism project for Unicef. This was a bright idea I had. He could go and photograph people and interview them (with an interpreter presumably) about how they live and the things they’re doing with Unicef aid. Then they could publish it on their site and anywhere else they thought fit.

Because he admires Dan Eldon and seriously considered whether to do photography instead of acting it might be a very satisfying thing to do.

Good point! @ 10/19/2011 at 9:04 am

i find it amusing that in an interview she did with a mag (for SD) last year or this year when they asked about Alex she said ive learned not to talk about my relationships or private life. but here we see she is still talking about her past and current bf. ……..Good point Jesus JJ….I think in a few years we’ll be reading interviews where she talks about how Alex broke her heart, but she’s worked through the pain, yada yada yada…. Very sad young woman, can’t wait to see her on Dancing With the Stars someday!

LOL dancing with the stars!!

dont all the celebs lose like 20/30 pounds there would be nothing left of her at the end of it

(sorry that was mean)

also that vogue mag jesus JJ mention was in 2008 i think it was from a few years back anyway

@Sabrina- alex would of told kate not to mention anything about their relationship at all. im sure she is DYING to mention the split.

in mags shes talked about orlando, that model dude and polish so she has NO problem mentioning current/ex-bfs even her highschool bf like @good point said – we will be reading it in a few years.

i dont care why celebs split but im always curious

confused? @ 10/19/2011 at 9:19 am

why the F*** is KB talking about orlando????? after what there 2006
split that was yonks a go GET OVER IT KATE!!!!!! it was only a week a go you spoke about your current beau confirming him as your BF and being you life partner? after what months of dating while you was still with alexander skarsgard? how the hell does michael polish feel about U talking about your EX orlando

Kate Bosworth: ‘Michael Polish Is My Life Partner’
17 October 2011 16:11
Actress Kate Bosworth has confirmed her relationship with Michael Polish, calling the director her “life partner”.

The blonde beauty sparked dating rumours after stepping out with the independent filmmaker following her break-up from True Blood star Alexander Skarsgard earlier this year (11).

Now Bosworth has opened up about her romance with Polish, who directed her in his upcoming project Big Sur.

She tells The Sunday Times Style Magazine, “He’s a special one. There’s nobody in the world I admire or respect more. When I look at him, it’s not a crazy infatuation, it’s more like we are each other’s life partners.”

I feel so sorry for the poor poor b***ard does he feel the same way and sees you as a life partner?? stuck with you, chateau marmont, joan’s on third, your cap stylist cher ,crap-mint and the paps Good look to Michael polish

BlueCrushed @ 10/19/2011 at 9:30 am

@Sabrina:

Let’s see…she only references Alex as her onscreen rapist, then goes on to say the guy she immediately hopped on is her life partner. Sounds like someone was dumped and is bitter about it.
I don’t know what you were reading but this person did whatever she could to tie herself to Alex in interviews and even to sell her crappy joolree that was “inspired” by her trip to Sweden. Alex was always silent. I’d love it if he actually falls in love and can’t stop blabbing.

BlueCrushed @ 10/19/2011 at 9:41 am

@Sabrina:

In case I didn’t make it clear the entire article seems geared to saying that Alex didn’t mean much to her. Apparently neither did James Rousseau. Bitter much?
So glad Alex got off the Crazy Train.

Seriously ppl… wow you are all so cruel! She went thru a tough breakup. So she mentioned the pain she went thru after OB, big deal. I will still mention the pain I felt after my divorce if asked. What should I do? It was something awful I went thru and survived. It doesn’t mean I’m pathetic, it just means I can talk about a painful period in my life. Im pretty sure she has moved on, but we all think about the one that got away at some stage or another.
She is stunning, and boy can she dress. Stop being jealous. Good grief.

BlueCrushed @ 10/19/2011 at 10:00 am

Isn’t strange that JJ who usually posted if KB blinked hasn’t done a KB post recently?

@Leelee: Don’t you find it kind of ODD that Kate decides to talk about the breakup with Orlando at the same time that Orlando has a big movie coming out?Just like when Kate went to Mexico(which is fairly frequent) and flashed her floppy lopsided pathetic boobs and have it photographed by a friend at the same time Alex had a movie released.Kate is a selfish LEECH! I’m so sorry if I sound cruel.But, I call it like I see it.If Kate wants people to like her she has a whole lot of changing to do.

She hasn’t done anything to make me like her or admire her

I don’t hate her but she’s done nothing inspiring or amazing in her acting or charity’s or body image etc anything really in her life

Justin Timberlake is still talking about Britney, ans it has been 9 years so…

BlueCrushed @ 10/19/2011 at 1:16 pm

@Lisa:

Where? Journalists are still talking about the two of them but where has Justin been quoted recently talking about her? There was never a reason for Bosworth to namedrop Bloom; she could have just said she went a stressful, difficult period that caused her to lose weight. No one needed to know about OB. But I’m not surprised, she’s known for the men she does and not much else, even LIFE magazine knows it.

People have different ways of coping over a break-up. She can talk about Orlando all she wants, after all she is one half of that relationship too. She can share her part.

I kinda feel sorry for her. I’m sure if she had things her way, she wouldn’t be known for the men she has dated and her questionable fashion icon status. But this is Hollywood, one minute your up, next thing your down. Too bad she wasn’t able to capitalize on her Blue Crush fame.

I really hope she is genuinely happy with Michael Polish. For her to say that he is her life partner, that’s a big deal. Maybe he’s the one. Let’s hope. Girl has been bed hopping for far too long.

WOW! she really is truly pathetic!!!! i hope she can get some help asap and get over Orlando for good.

Didn’t she cheat on Orlando? It’s a little late to have regrets now.

@BlueCrushed: The reason is that she no longer has a pap magnet Swede to hang onto and Bloom has a film that has been killing it abroad and that is about to open in two days in the US. I would almost feel sorry for the woman about having to stoop to the depths she does to try and remaon relevant, except for the fact that she does indeed stoop without any apparent remorse. I’m sure we’ll hear all about how the breakup with Alex gave her heart palpitations, nausea and agoraphobia about a week before Battleship hits the theaters.

She should have kept her mouth shut. He is happily married with a beautiful baby. She needs to move on, and get out of his shadow.
She didn’t have to drop his name. She did that to get attention.
This makes me believe the rumors that she set him up for those pap shots a while back. She knows what a warm person he is, so she was counting on getting a hug, and she made sure that the paps were there to capture the moment. She knew that those pics would make the gossip columns, and she may have even been trying to cause problems between Orlando and Miranda. Didn’t work, BTW.

@uhmm: I suspect the breakup and the critical drubbing she got for Superman Returns didn’t help her, either. She looked horrid that summer.
I found this quote interesting:
The experience ended up being an epiphany for her. “I realised that, as an only child, I had been ¦ craving that feeling of community, that closeness of a large family. When the movie finished filming, I sobbed saying goodbye to everyone. But I’m like that – I get very emotionally connected to people. Perhaps overly so. It’s a kink I’ve had to sort out since.”

@ladybug: I guess she did it by doing no more movies, right?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All