AMAs Winners List 2011!

AMAs Winners List 2011!

It was a music filled evening at the 2011 American Music Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Sunday (November 20) in Los Angeles.

The big winners of the night were Taylor Swift and Adele, who each walked away with three awards. Taylor picked up the honors for Artist of the Year, Favorite Country Female Artist, and Favorite Country Album, while Adele received Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist, Favorite Pop/Rock Album, and Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist.

Other big winners included Nicki Minaj, Beyonce, Maroon 5, Rihanna, and Katy Perry, who received a special award for being the first female to put out five number one singles from the same album.

Click inside for the complete winners list…

2011 American Music Awards Winners List

Favorite Latin ArtistJennifer Lopez
Special AwardKaty Perry

Credit: Jason Merritt; Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2011 AMAs

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I love Taylor, but come on…Adele was flat out robbed of that award. Adele is hands down the biggest artist this year

Why is Taylor named artist of this year? That honour should been awarded to Adele or Bruno Mars.

Adele should have won if it was academy voted, but these are fan voted. Taylor Swifts got 12 bagillion little girls behind her. But she has done some pretty impressive things this year. Congrats to her any way!

**should have been

Why don’t the artist that can really sing win awards? Taylor Swift can not sing, how hard it this to understand??

Sorry if I offend anyone, but this award show this year was plain out boring and sad. It was because of the sad mediocrity that is in this industry.

I remember when the categories were just filled with talent to the point where it was hard to choose the winner. For example was Natalie Cole and her speech when she thanked Whitney because she kept winning that category. Another was in the 80′s when Michael and Lionel were going against each other in their primes.

The performances are also mediocre and sad. I miss being entertained throughout the ENTIRE show not just by two or three people.
Also yes Adele was robbed, but since it has become fan voting, artists that should win get snubbed for a win.

i hate that shocked face if hers.

i hate that shocked face of hers

ADELE WAS ROBBED!!! She should have won over Taylor Swift in the Artist of the Year Award. She has the top selling album of the year. Everybody in the business loves her and want to work with her. getting really tired of Taylor Swift winning everything….

TWPUMPKIN @ 11/21/2011 at 1:58 am

I like Taylor but I think she is a bit over rated. She is a good song writer with an OK voice. When she sings other people’s songs she does not sound very good. Just saying.

I can’t stand her wining one trofy after another, i don’t think she deserves that’s all also after so many winings she still act so crazy surprised . Kerry Perry is so much better than Taylor so is Adele.

Taylor is a robot

BrosOverHo*s @ 11/21/2011 at 7:23 am

Don’t you love how Rihanna can be in Pop/Rock sections and Soul/R&B when she doesn’t even sing ! BeyoncĂ© shouldve had both i mean it’s Soul/R&B why would Rihanna win ! Crazy Navy !

She wear the same gown over and over again,this girl don’t have style,and her revenge boyfriend songs sucks,she don’t deserved all this awards.

speaktruth @ 11/21/2011 at 8:12 am

Totally agree with the “Adele should have won” commments. However, there was some good as Foo Fighters and Maroon 5 won. Wooo!

Taylors comments are the same after every win: with mouth agape, little ole me , I have the greatest fans in the world, I can’t believe it.” No one else over 12 can believe it either.

I love Taylor but her speech for artist of the year was SO LAME. Why don’t you say something inspiring or have something prepared so you’re not up there repeating OMG like an uneducated person.

Am jus happy 4 da future mum of my wife!!! Adele u rock big time luv

I always thought The American Music Awards should had been put out of it misery since 1996. Taylor Swift winning over Adele as Artist Of The Year just proved my point actually.

I can not believe that Swift won over Adele who actually did better than Swift all year long. I can not believe Swift wins over Carrie Underwood–as Underwood and Adele can sing and perform circles around Swift. Her little kid fan base has nothing better to do than stay on a computer or text to vote for Swift because anyone over 13 years old knows that Swift is NOT that good a vocalist and without all the props on her concerts to distract from her terrible vocals –she is NOT that good . I am so sick of that wide open mouth fake surprise look she does at every award show—especially since she actually bribes her little fans with cameras, concert tickets and cd’s to vote for her. FAKE SWIFT!!!!!!!

Anon A. Miss @ 11/21/2011 at 2:18 pm

Adele is one of the very rare few celebrities with true talent and does not belong with the rest of the typical MTV crap since she’s already in a league all her own. She deserves better than the AMAs.

the reason taylor won is because she has a big following of young girls who love her music. they buy her albums and go to her sold out concerts. her music is cute, romantic, and not offensive. when you’re selling records and doing tours like she is, you’re going to be recognized by the industry. i’d much rather a daughter of mine listened to taylor than to lady garbage.

LisaLipps @ 11/21/2011 at 4:43 pm

I don’t understand Taylor’s popularity. Is the world tone deaf??? I laugh my ass off when she does those “O” faces. So funny…

She Stinks! @ 11/21/2011 at 6:45 pm

Favorite Latin Artist is JHO BAG? She can’t sing and is trying not be Latin! She loves to wear her fake ratty blonde weaves and get her skin bleached. She has denounced her ethnicity to be a white woman. How many guys did she have to perform for privately to win this? America hates this b*tch! I refuse to believe America voted for this disgusting self absorbed vile trash.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All