Angelina Jolie: Lucky To Be Alive!

Angelina Jolie: Lucky To Be Alive!

Angelina Jolie gets profiled by Bob Simon on CBS’ 60 Minutes, which will air on Sunday (November 27) @ 7PM ET/PT.

“I went through heavy, darker times and I survived them,” the 36-year-old actress shared. “I didn’t die young, so I’m very lucky. There are other artists and people who didn’t survive certain things.”

Angie continued. “People can imagine I did the most dangerous and the worst. For many reasons, I shouldn’t be here. You just think [about] those times when you came too close to too many dangerous things, too many chances taken, too far.”

“I’m still a bad girl,” Angie added. “I still have that side of me…it’s just in its place now…it belongs to Brad [Pitt]. Or…our adventures.”

Angelina Jolie: Lucky to be Alive!
Just Jared on Facebook
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

Getty
  • Rachel McAdams is spotted on a rare outing with boyfriend Jamie Linden - US Weekly
  • Another Olympian is coming to Ryan Lochte's defense - TMZ
  • Bella Thorne's coming out as bisexual had nothing to do with Kristen Stewart - Gossip Cop
  • Did Sofia Richie spend her 18th birthday with Justin Bieber? - Just Jared Jr
  • Kate Gosselin sends one of her sons away to a "special needs" school - Radar
  • Did Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston get into their first fight? - Lainey Gossip
  • Donald Trump isn't impressed with Hillary Clinton's celebrity endorsements - The Hollywood Reporter
  • I Ate a Thesaurus

The number of celebs (or people, for that matter) who try to ‘beef’ up their otherwise totally bland personalities with ‘I’m a bit of a bad girl’ or ‘I have dark moments’ makes me wanna puke!

Do us a favour. If you’re so deep and mysterious and interesting, keep it to yourself. Where would Angelina Jolie be without her hyped up lesbian relationships, a self-professed obsession with knives, and a knee-jerk impulse for getting really ugly tattoos to tell the world how goth/deep/troubled/interesting/rebellious she is? Exactly what is she rebelling against again? Being born into a privileged background? Having a hippy mom? Being mildly incestuous and just plain weird? YAWN~~~~~

• Passing Through

4Q-
    BTW – Check out the match stats at the link I posted. BDB either didn’t show up at all or Roger was effin’ brilliant. BDB only won 15% of 1st serve returns, 31% of 2nd serve returns, had O break points to Roger’s 6 – 4 of which were breaks for Roger for a 67% break average. BDB only won 27 of 81 total ponts to Rogers 54/81. Ouch. Wished I’d seen the shellacking…

• Hyuaa

poser.

• Jen

To loll
    You don’t know what you are talking about. Billy Bob was married when Laura Dern was involved with him. After Billy’s divorce Laura wanted to marry Billy.
    If anything, Laura broke up Billy’s marriage to his wife.

Angelina did not break up Laura Dern and Billy Bob. BILLY BOB BROKE UP HIS RELATIONSHIP W/LAURA DERN.
    You need to stop printing lies you have no proof of. You are just repeating what someone else said and you have NO FACTS to back up what you are saying.

• http://computer silly guest

I saw Bob Simon interviewing Iran’s President Ahmadinejad, thought he was going to suffer a stroke or heart attack, because he could not get a straight answer from Ahmadinejad.
    He toyed with Simon like a cat playing with a mouse, at one point he told the President to answer the question, and his reply to Simon was you’re in Iran you don’t tell me what to do.

• Methe second

Will definitely watch this interview Sunday.So glad Bob Simon is doing the interview,and not Dianne Sawyer.Oh yeah Angie,keep inflicting pain to all your haters with your sweet words,they deserve it.Beautiful and gorgeous lady,you truly are most admired all over the world!!! Keep it up!

• 2011

What the hell is she talking about?

• hun

One word – yuck.

• Passing Through

# 103 Jones @ 11/22/2011 at 4:30 pm
    I think someone in the media had a law passed making it illegal to interview Angie and NOT bring up her past. She’s the only celeb who gets treated like this. Drew Barrymore’s past is much worse than Angie’s but you don’t see her having to defend herself in every interview. And they NEVER do this shite to a man. People interviewing Johnny Depp aren’t dragging up his dirty laundry – coke and heroin abuse, wrecking hotel rooms in coke-fueled rages, physically fighting with Kate Moss, allegedly providing the drugs that River Phoenix OD’d on, allegations that the Viper Room was mobbed up, then having his former partner sue him for stealing money from the club – a suit which Depp settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money and agreed to sign over all of his rights to The Viper Room which is basically an admission of guilt, etc. I could go on and on, but you get the point. I’ve said it for years – it’s the Angie Double Standard. Only SHE is not allowed to grow up and move on with her life.

• Angela

I’ve always liked Angelina but she really has some LOONEY fans. The proof is right here in the comments, sorry

• Media Wh@re MANiston

I Ate a Thesaurus @ 11/22/2011 at 4:31 pm

No. You do us a favor. Stop commenting. Nobody ask you to be here. If you don’t want to puke your guts out, get off the thread. But I doubt you will.

• Laranjen

Didn’t realize her movie is tanking before it’s even released–why else would you bring up all the trashy things you’ve done in you life when everyone already remembers them?

• Passing Through

# 104 Media Wh@re MANiston @ 11/22/2011 at 4:30 pm
    The trolls make it sooooooo easy. I used to never understand the saying, “It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.” I always thought, “Why would you shoot fish if they’re in a barrel? Why wouldn’t you just use a net to scoop ‘em out?” Then…along came trolls. Bustin’ a cap in their fish eyes is actually a polite manner of death for them…

• Jen

Cont’d to Loll
    You need to go ask Billy Bob WHY he dumped Laura Dern?
    And then ask Laura Dern how she managed to get herself pregnant with Ben Harper’s child while Ben was STILL married to his wife. That is the real scuttlebutt you should be looking into. Go ask her how she managed to break up Ben Harper’s marriage.

• um

She really is pretty and pretty consistent with her life story. Happy to be a fan.

• 1999

Angelina has more to show

• Lisa

What a beautiful lady. So honest , that’s what i love about this famous Queen of Hollywood.

• Danny

@Laranjen:

How stupid are you? Angie has always been honest about her past. Bob Simon ask her a question and in true form Angie who has nothing to hide answer the question honestly as she always does. Now F”’ off

• Media Wh@re MANiston

Passing Through @ 11/22/2011 at 4:40 pm

I 100% agree. Look at Charlie Sheen. He didn’t get s hit. RDJ was given a 2nd chance. Arnold has a love child. The story didn’t even last in the tabs for a month. We can go on and on about other celebs who did some s hit but no one cares and treat them like they did with Angie.

• whoru

I think Angelina has gone through very difficult moments in her life because she’s pretty and intelligent. Above all because she’s intelligent and sexy. I think she just couldn’t understand that.

• Jones

Now that Angie has given us a juicy soundbite on her inner bad girl belonging to Brad (LOVE IT!), expect Ticky to make some similar revelation about Stumpy/Squiggy, continuing her stalkerish behavior.

• LaCroix

Angelina Jolie has never lied about her struggles in life. As a real fan of Angie, because she’s much more than your average actress. She applies her life to very much more important things then walking red carpets. She is someone in the business that we should all respect because she contributes her time, money & effort to those less fortunate in the world. Her honesty I will always admire.

• Methe second

@lolll: Stupid and idiot you are.Get your facts straight before you blah,blah,blah!!!

• MIA

Hey at least this woman admits her wrong doings. The other one (the one with the long azz chin) has always paraded around in the masquerade of the good girl. Liar !

• Josephina

Angie is one sexy, badass woman!!! I am only too proud to be her fan!!!!

Not a boring moment in her life with Brad. She owns her mistakes and makes no excuses. Going from a wild child to becoming one of the most extraordinary and revered woman of our time.

She is more than just inspirational. She is only 36 years old and she has accomplished so much. She is the first of many firsts. And God is not done her with yet……

This is what love can do when you have it in your life and you nourish it.

She has the courage and heart of a lion.

• oya

I just hope Jenn doesn’t have children for their own sake. She reminds me of my neighbours always lying and blah blah blah

• Rose

@Passing Through: PT, Keep shooting Those fish in the barrel .
    Did you see the teaser video on pop sugar? Angle looks so pretty. Can’t wait to see this interview.

How is that possible from the person who was a dependent on drugs she could adopt children?
    Normally, such persons can not
    Jolie should be set by law

• Jen

God bless this woman for her open and honest answers about the mistakes she made in her youth.
    I think Angie helps and inspires many young people, and older ones as well, by sharing her story.
    If someone watching and listening to her interview, who never heard it before, can find hope and help in what she says and by seeing what she has accomplished and the lessons learned from her mistakes, then the interview has served a very good purpose.

Thank you, Angelina for being such an inspiration to so many people around this world. Thanks to you and Brad for all the help you both are to so many people who would be in dire straits without the helping hand you both have provided.
    Love’s blessings cover you and Brad and your children always.

• Sean

And we’re unfortunate she’s still alive

• WBPfan

Thanks for the heads up Jared — great to read 60 Min. is doing a profile on Angie. I’ve got my DVR set!

• Jen

@NO:
    #132
    I am not clear on what you are trying to say, but I think this is what you meant and if it is you are right.
    If Angelina’s body was not “squeaky clean” she would never have been allowed to adopt any children, and she could not be a United Nation’s Goodwill Ambassador. And look at the perfectly beautiful children she and Brad have produced together. I do hope they have one more bio. :)

• Saara

she BADLY NEEDS publicity AGAIN
    Jolie -drugs, blod and manodepressiv as young girl and yuong women
    is now “Mother Theresa” f….ing Brad(Pitt) in sadomassochist

so pathetic…. BED GIRL?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• reeven

HA!, THAT´S LOVE LADY’S AND GENTLEMAN!

• whatever

Man, she’s looking REALLY old. At least she admits how messed up she was, but I doubt her demons are gone completely. She just directs them at married men and wanting to feel loved any way she can.

• Methe second

@Sean: Oh yeah,your parents are saying how unfortunate you are still alive.HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• Media Wh@re MANiston

Sean @ 11/22/2011 at 5:22 pm

And we are unfortunate you are still alive as well.

• just funny

SWorry i find it funny that on the jj Jolie post the only people who repeatedly spam Are ”PASSING THROUGH” AND ‘MEDIA WHORE MANISTON” wow her fan base is just huge ahahahah everyone hates this women on other sites this is actually the only site i see positive things written about her by her two big fans

• Rose

@just funny: #142, obviously, you are blind.

Why are you running from site to site to check on someone you obviously dislike. That’s makes you the person with a problem.

Go check the sad spook’s thread and give her some love, she is lacking hits for about one week now, show her some love.

• A AND B THE PERFECT COUPLE

THE RED XES ARE MAKING ME WANT TO COME BACK AND BE THE FAN I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.

WHEN THE HATEFILLED HENS ARE NOT RESPONED TO THEY GET UPSET BECUZ THEY ARE BEING IGNORED AS THEY SHOULD BE.

ANGIE WILL ALWAYS BE BRADS SEXIEST HOTTEST LOVABLE MOST BEAUTIFUL PARTNER. ,GOING FROM JEN TO ANGIE WOULD BE LIKE GOING FROM BEANS AND WEINERS TO FILET MIGNON.

BRAD PITT HAS SAID HE IS THE HAPPIEST MAN IN THE WORLD SINCE HE SETTLED DOWN WITH HIS SEXY BEAUTIFUL ANGIE.
    EASY TO SEE WHY.

THEIR 6 BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN MAKE MAMA AND PAPA JOLIE PITT
    THE HAPPIEST PARENTS IN THE WORLD.

WHOEVER THOUGHT OF MAKING THE FILM MR AND MRS. SMITH
    BROUGHT TOGETHER THE TWO MOST SOUGHT AFTER SEXIEST
    COUPLE WHO IMPROVED EACH OTHERS LIVES MORE THAN ANY OTHER COUPLE IN HW.

• soopx1

Thanks Jared for the New Angelina Thread.
    I so Admire Angelina Jolie for Her Sincere
    Truefulness.One thing for sure she is No Fraud.
    Blessings to You Angie and Your Lovely Family.

• Media Wh@re MANiston

Rose @ 11/22/2011 at 5:53 pm

Troll is blind and stupid.

• ha ha

wtf is wrong with these celebs who love to brag about their “dark past”? ooooooooooo, what a bad ass! these celebs all think they invented drugs and promiscuous sex! get it over it ange, plenty others have done it since the beginning of time! If you need to go on tv why not talk about your project, about an actual acommplishment! any ass hole can do drugs and f uck!

• cee

Wow I cannot wait for this interview. I just love this woman. She is such an inspiration and hope to so many people. I agree with Jones that Ticky will watch and study Angie’s interview and you can bet she will copy each move or inflectionof Angie and will repeat her words. Ticky s a stalker and we all know it. As for Angie you go girl you are an inspiration and I am so glad she and Brad found each other.

• Amanda

ha ha @ 11/22/2011 at 5:57 pm

because bob asked her the question. also, you trolls always love to bring up angie’s pass. why does it bother you now?

• ha ha

@Amanda:

she is no different from any other celeb she needs to get over herself and so do you

• bizzy bee

Very refreshing to see how honest she is with her past, even if some of her fans might not like to hear it. The important thing is that she’s past it. Adversity is what helps us grow.

Live and let live.

• gracie

The ORIGINAL Miami D
    ===============

Do you make out with your daddy or brother? You seem to know a lot about the subject — you sick pervert! You need help.

• Amanda

ha ha @ 11/22/2011 at 6:08 pm

obviously you haven’t gotten over her otherwise you wouldn’t be on her thread. couldn’t stay away ha.

• leigh-anne

Here again is Angie being grateful for what other stars pay money to lie and cover up. Thats why it pays to be honest, they have nothing on Angie.

She has made Brad Pitt a better man, a healthier happier man by just being herself. Going on 7 yrs Brad and Angie talk about the day they become grandparents. They were meant to be.