Angelina Jolie Opens Up to '60 Minutes'

Angelina Jolie Opens Up to '60 Minutes'

Angelina Jolie gets profiled by Bob Simon on CBS’ 60 Minutes, which aired on Sunday (November 27).

Here’s what the 36-year-old actress had to share:

“I always felt not traditionally beautiful. I have big features…as I get older I look like my mom. And I love my mom. You start to kinda put your lineage in line of the different things you are. I see the Native American in me I can see the German from my father’s side and you come to love the combination,” Angie said.

“As long as Brad [Pitt] thinks I’m beautiful…I wake up and I want to be a smarter person. But I feel like that’s certainly what I’m encouraging my girls to do,” Angelina continued.

Angie teared up when talking about her mother.

“My mother was a full-time mother,” Angelina said. “She didn’t have much of her own career, her own life, her own experiences … everything was for her children, I will never be as good a mother as she was. She was just grace incarnate. She was the most generous, loving – she’s better than me.”

Angelina also discussed negative tabloid stories.

“I don’t see those things. I don’t know who they are but I assume they’re not me. They’re not who I am. They’re not what I spend my day caring about. I find them quite shallow and often quite wrong.”

Click inside for some additional footage…

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All

people mag have gone down hill when they quote sites like x 17,whoever their management is,they seem to be a total tabloid trash now

Passing Through @ 11/27/2011 at 11:02 pm

# 470 toomuchanistontalkhere @ 11/27/2011 at 9:01 pm
I don’t think she’ll ever trust her father fully, but she’s definitely decided not to talk about her father publicly anymore and said as much – that she hopes they can have a more private relationship. He slips up every now and again, but for the most part he’s actually done a good job of honoring her request. At least now when he talks about her it’s in relationship to how great she is with her kids and he’s not flapping his gums about something he knows nothing about.

Yes ITLOBH qualifies for ISA. In the VF article Rich Cohen said the budget was about $10M. Below are a few qualifications for 2011. I am sure it will be same for next yr.
_______________________________________________________________.
Eligible films must have either played one week in a commercial theater in 2011, or have been shown at one of the following six film festivals: the Los Angeles Film Festival, New Directors/New Films, New York, Sundance, Telluride, or Toronto.
Eligible films must be made for no more than $20 million, including post.

@Passing Through:
PT do you know if ITLOBH qualifies for spirit awards

Love the interview. I cannot wait to see this movie.
I have followed her since her graduation from high school. I think she was sixteen and the youngest. She seemed very smart then also. I never thought her antics were anything like these young actors today. Never in the streets or going from club to club drinking. I bet she tried all kinds of tricks on her motor bike and I wonder if she ever tried to do stunt with her plane? I dont care what anybody say, she is a beautiful woman and lady and I bet she is a lot of fun to be around. I bet she get to let her hair down with Brad and the kids……………

toomuchanistontalkhere @ 11/27/2011 at 11:08 pm

@QQQQ:

i see,,,ty for infos

Great interview…
She is such a beautiful woman, inside and out.
She’s really evolved into an amazing person.
I feel bad about her mom.
It’s obvious she misses her terribly.

Passing Through @ 11/27/2011 at 11:13 pm

# 477 dianad1968 @ 11/27/2011 at 9:18 pm
Of course Ticky’s going to talk about the Parade interview when she’s pimping Wanderbust. That’s a given because she’s got nothing else – unless she wants to talk about yoga, diet and exercise and her hair…AGAIN. She can’t talk about Squiggy unless Heidi took a pay-off or otherwise agreed not to give an interview calling her a liar.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – Ticky will NEVER stop talking about or alluding to Brad. She’s going to be 75 and at the Nik at Night 50th year reunion of the Friends cast and everybody else will be talking about their kids, grandkids or great grandkids and Ticky’ll be saying, “Remember when I used to be married to Brad Pitt?”

Passing Through @ 11/27/2011 at 11:16 pm

# 486 toomuchanistontalkhere @ 11/27/2011 at 9:34 pm
and from 2007 to 2010 venice meeting angie and jon slowly started again, but only on condition of no past being mentioned.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Angie reconciled with JV in mid-2009 because in the early part of the year when she was shooting Salt and during the awards season they still weren’t talking. But after he was seen in Venice JV said it wasn’t the first time they’d gotten together and that he’d spent part of X-mas with them and James. I remember that because we were all groaning that Angie had barely let him back into her life and he was flapping his gums already. After that he didn’t say anything for a long time but we’d occasionally see tweets or there’d be sightings of him going to dinner with Brad, Angie and the kids. IIRC London a few months ago was the first time he was photographed with the kids since Venice in March 2010. When he was asked about it he said he was surprised to hear that he’d been photographed because he hadn’t seen anyone taking pix. Either he’s a better actor than I think he is or he was genuinely surprised to learn about the pix.

The lady is gorgeous!

I bet you the trolls are now studying the interview very closely to find something to criticize. At least they are luckier than me because they get to watch THE Angelina Jolie talk. I can never tolerate watching their idol Ticky, even in short short interview clips. Too much hair flipping and dumb unfinished answers.

Pittstain&da spearsweave @ 11/27/2011 at 11:21 pm

Angie itz time to go hang backstage at a jlo concert . Itz time to datez one of jellos backup dancerz. Pittstain is not good for da New director image

DC
I agree with you it was too short. I wanted her to talk some more. I get the feeling she has a lot more to say. I love both she and Brad, they are the BOMB!!!

Angie looks so beautiful in the interview. She still gets emotional when talking about her mother. Love when she says as long as Brad thinks she is beautiful, that’s all the matter.

Passing Through @ 11/27/2011 at 11:30 pm

# 488 Susan @ 11/27/2011 at 9:41 pm
@toomuchanistontalkhere: James was talking to his father years before Angie.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
No, he wasn’t. James cut off all contact with JV after his AH interview that caused his split with Angie. James didn’t start talking to JV until a few months before Angie did in 2009. James did an interview in some mag (whose name I can’t recall right now) in late 2008 or early-2009 talking about how he didn’t wish his father any ill-will, but that JV had been a shittty father and verbally abusive to Marcheline – and the crap he’d pulled with Angie – and unless his father changed he really couldn’t see any reason to reunite with him. Then James became a born-again Christian and that’s what precipitated his reunion with JV later on in 2009. IIRC there’s a pic of them going to a Lakers play-off game in late-May 2009 and that was the first time anyone in the media had an inkling that the two of them were back on speaking terms.
Also, I think it was JV who reached out to Jamie in 2009. He gave an interview last year where he was talking about having had some epiphany about his past a-hole behavior and it led to reuniting with his kids. Around the same time James got involved with the Saddleback Church and became a born-again Christian and decided to give JV another chance.

Passing Through @ 11/27/2011 at 11:31 pm

# 490 QQQQ @ 11/27/2011 at 9:43 pm
That’s right. JV spent time with the family just before Angie, Brad and the kids went back to NYC for Salt re-shoots.

Love the shoes @ 11/27/2011 at 11:32 pm

I thought it was one of the best interviews I have ever seen her give. I loved the dog Jacque! You can feel the happiness and contentment she has now. She doesn’t have regrets but she is also no longer the girl who cut herself or wanted to shock and awe. She’s an amazing person and should be a role model for those who find growing up a *****. She has proven that it (life) will get better if when you choose to step out of the darkness into the light. Cambodia and Maddox were the first light and then Brad and the rest of her brood.

She’s amazing!

SHe does inspire... @ 11/27/2011 at 11:40 pm

It’s hard to believe that AJ was once that “wild child”… but for all those that are going through that confusing time in their life doing detrimental things to themselves, she can inspire someone to HOPE. The hope of growing beyond that and making a positive impact in their world. Of course, there are those that will never forgive the past, but those people don’t matter.

It was great!. I wanted more! Next up will be the movie premiere.

Waving to all fans

am i the only one having problem posting comments

I love her <3

I agree that not everyone will like Angie or for that matter there’s no one that will have 100% approval all the time. Everyone is entitled to their opinions/feelings. But what I cannot understand is how can you hate someone that you don’t even know. People who come on this site and others, spew these hateful things about her have never met her, don’t know her or anyone that’s close to her. I just cannot comprehend that. I am NOT a fan of Jen Anistin (never was) but I certainly don’t hate her. When I see write up on her I may read it but most of the times I don’t and I don’t leave comments. I a not a fan so I stay away and even if I wrote something it wouldn’t be hateful.

Someone mentioned US Weekly – cannot stay it – trashy – I think People.com is better. These rags are mostly in Anistin’s corner.

The interview was great. Angelina seemed so happy and content. With Brad and her children, she is in great place.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All