Angelina Jolie Opens Up to '60 Minutes'

Angelina Jolie Opens Up to '60 Minutes'

Angelina Jolie gets profiled by Bob Simon on CBS’ 60 Minutes, which aired on Sunday (November 27).

Here’s what the 36-year-old actress had to share:

“I always felt not traditionally beautiful. I have big features…as I get older I look like my mom. And I love my mom. You start to kinda put your lineage in line of the different things you are. I see the Native American in me I can see the German from my father’s side and you come to love the combination,” Angie said.

“As long as Brad [Pitt] thinks I’m beautiful…I wake up and I want to be a smarter person. But I feel like that’s certainly what I’m encouraging my girls to do,” Angelina continued.

Angie teared up when talking about her mother.

“My mother was a full-time mother,” Angelina said. “She didn’t have much of her own career, her own life, her own experiences … everything was for her children, I will never be as good a mother as she was. She was just grace incarnate. She was the most generous, loving – she’s better than me.”

Angelina also discussed negative tabloid stories.

“I don’t see those things. I don’t know who they are but I assume they’re not me. They’re not who I am. They’re not what I spend my day caring about. I find them quite shallow and often quite wrong.”

Click inside for some additional footage…

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Show All
Justanotherfan @ 11/29/2011 at 1:04 am

On extra tv tonight Mario said angelina drew in 18 million viewers, either way Jolie was an amazing interview for them. She was so beautiful, smart, articulate, and caring of her family and issues in the world. It was an important interview for her directorial debut as it was covered on all the news.

# 175 I don’t understand why…

I don’t understand why people don’t like her…
==========

Honey, it’s called JEALOUSY ENVY, whatever you want to call it. Angie has it all. She is gorgeous, intelligent/smart, A-list actress with incredible talent in her profession, a succesful humanitarian who is globally loved and respected by her peers, policians and head of states. She has achieved so much so young, not to mention has a hot looking A-list Brad as her partner and 6 little cuties. She has it all and some of these losers want some of what she has and can’t and most are fug to look at too including that one with no talent they idolize.

18m viewers and the number keep rising. Haha. No one can pull Angie down, she is a force to be reckoned with. Amazing woman — lucky Brad.

Fr the other JP thread:
Happy Birthday, Pax!! @ 11/29/2011 at 4:28 am

Thumb up Thumb down 0

Pax is 8 years old today- lots of fun and celebrating at the JP house today!! Here is Pax’s b-day from last year:

“Haters are confused admirers. Keep walking in love, jealousy gets you no where!!!”
Keep on inspiring us Ms. Angelina!! You rock our world!!! :-)

@NYFCC2011 NYFCC2011
Best Actor: Brad Pitt for “Moneyball,” and “Tree of Life”
7 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

a southamerican fan @ 11/29/2011 at 12:10 pm

she breaks the screen! if i say she is beautiful or smart or sweet or kind lady so I’m getting short. she is all these things, all together, in a only one person.

i really understand to her detractors, world is unfair, the life is it. SHE HAS ALL. they feel envy on her. meanwhile, we love her just how she is.

UPDATE: NY Film Critics Circle Revealing Winners; Meryl Streep Best Actress For ‘Iron Lady’, Brad Pitt Best Actor

The ORIGINAL Miami D. @ 11/29/2011 at 12:35 pm

@Besane:

Did you REALLY JUST TYPE: “I just find it so comical that, the day Angelina’s monumental 60 Minutes interview came out, where she is DIRECTING a very respectable and sure-to-be nominated for Oscar film, Aniston just couldn’t sit on her a.s and has to “stroll” with her hired boyfriend-du-jour WALKING HER DOG! How comical, and pathetic a comparison is that?”
You really think that Aniston HAS TO STAY HOME, and not be allowed to walk her friggin dog, because Jolie had a 60 Minutes interview coming out on the same day? This is a prime example why lucid people think AJ fans are RETARDS and OBSESSIVE! I can’t believe anyone would think that way ever.

What the hell ghoes on in your heads?

NOT BEAUTIFUL @ 11/29/2011 at 12:36 pm

HOW CAN ANYBODY THINK SHE IS BEUTIFUL??? SHE’S HORRIBLE!!

a southamerican fan @ 11/29/2011 at 12:41 pm

@NOT BEAUTIFUL:

omg you’re so right. she is ugly. thanks for say that to us. thanks so much!

LOL LOL LOL LOL

A pattern has emerged! The paid trolls are on the job. They are earning their pennies, I see. LOL. You paid bloggers are not fooling anyone.

Clint Eastwood @ 11/29/2011 at 1:19 pm

Things I like:

regular BMs
afternoon naps
prune juice
Angie’s new movie

Sorry if this has been posted. I love all things faimily pet, especially JP’s English bulldog!

pax good luck to brad
best actors and father

BrosOverHo*s @ 11/29/2011 at 4:59 pm

My favourite actress is Angelina and my favourite singer is Beyoncé , obviously Clint Eastwood feel the same as i do !

@NOT BEAUTIFUL: Maybe your just jealous that you look like a tree stump next to her!

omg! she looks so old! she doesnt look ugly but she does look like she is 40 years old already

I love her 60 minutes intreview, she is very honest. Just love the Jolie-Pitt Family.God bless them always.

@addie: true.
@DC: I wished that too.God bless her & her family.

What a beautiful and intelligent woman!

Angelina is always an inspiration to most people in the world. She is a good role model.

Pages: « 12 3 4 5 6 7 [8] Show All