Blake Lively: Drawn to Art Portraying 'A Childish Imagination'

Blake Lively: Drawn to Art Portraying 'A Childish Imagination'

Blake Lively walks around the set of Gossip Girl on Thursday (December 1) in New York City.

The 24-year-old actress, wearing a black leather jacket and matching boots, got to work on The CW drama with co-star Ed Westwick.

Blake recently chatted with ArtLog about her extensive art collection, which features a mix of contemporary pieces with vintage black-and-white photographs, and even some prints from Urban Outfitters.

“I’ve found that I’m often drawn to pieces that portray a childish imagination with a malevolent undertone, like the moment on the boat in Willy Wonka when all the fantasy turns on itself into the unexpected. In every piece I own there is a sense of celebration, whether in image, context, or color,” she explained.

Check out some of Blake‘s items over at ArtLog.com!

blake lively gossip girl set 01
blake lively gossip girl set 02
blake lively gossip girl set 03
blake lively gossip girl set 04
blake lively gossip girl set 05

Ethan Miller/Getty

Danny McGavin @ 12/01/2011 at 3:37 pm

Blake is so gorgeous and sexy. She’s amazing. That woman is incredible.

l0nely-girl @ 12/01/2011 at 3:49 pm

Blake’s style in GG is truly lacking!

Beautiful woman!

LOOL I love it when she tries to act smart. Watch her in interviews and you’ll see that her vocabulary is beyond sh*t. Someone clearly coached her before this interview. Malevolent my ass.

Red Red Wine @ 12/01/2011 at 4:17 pm

Lol who wrote that little comment for her?

Red Red Wine @ 12/01/2011 at 4:17 pm

Lol who wrote that little comment for her?

Articulate young woman
No wonder she was Class President and got a 4.0 GPA in High School
I only got a 3.4 ! Sob

Ed looks so handsome. I love him as Chuck Bass. He and Leighton are the best on GG. I wouldn’t watch the show, without the hope for Chuck and Blair being happy together in the end.

Allie Bee @ 12/01/2011 at 4:56 pm

She can’t even spell malevolent let alone define it. Why do I feel like Ryan Reynolds’ p*nis…sorry, maturity has something to do with this new-found brain…

HOLY CHUCK!!! <3

@Allie Bee: Ryan is just as, if not more dim than her.

@Allie Bee: Ryan is just as, if not more dim than her.

She has great hips!

HOT, CLASSY, STYLISH AND BEAUTIFUL AS ALWAYS

@Anna:

I’ve seen Lively speak on camera and not only was she articulate beyond her years, she was eloquent and charming. I have to admit I was taken aback with it. But now, I would have every confidence to put her in front of a scrum. I know she could handle it like the pro she is.

Others…well, insulting whole nations and supporting an antisemite? C’mon. Please don’t moderate this message out again, Tzipi.

@Allie Bee: You DO know what ‘malevolent’ means, don’t you?

@Natalie:Actually, all his co-workers have mentioned that he is very intelligent. His interviews are always engaging and he is very articulate. Definitely he is not silly as some others are …

fashion curious @ 12/02/2011 at 5:00 pm

Who makes her jacket? I love it

fashion curious @ 12/02/2011 at 5:00 pm