Angelina Jolie Talks 'Blood & Honey,' Marriage

Angelina Jolie Talks 'Blood & Honey,' Marriage

Angelina Jolie grins as she speaks with journalist Christiane Amanpour in an interview airing during Good Morning America on Monday (December 5).

The 36-year-old actress spoke about directing her new film, In the Land of Blood & Honey, and spoke a bit about her personal life, too. Check it:

On going behind the camera: “[W]riting is the hardest because it feels the most exposed….When you’re an actress, you use somebody else’s words and you can always blame the director and the director can say the editor. But the writer is the one that kind of sits alone in the room and writes what they think is important, funny, historical, topical.”

On her kids asking whether she’ll marry Brad Pitt: “The kids asked me the other day and I asked them if it was just because they wanted to have a ‘big cake. They see movies that have the people getting married in the movies or somebody’s, you know, the happily ever after. Shrek and Fiona are married. We’ve explained to them that our commitment when we decided to start a family was the greatest commitment you could possibly have. Once you have six children, you’re…you’re committed.”

For more from Angelina, visit ABCNews.com!

Pictured inside: Angie dressed in a Stella McCartney suit and a David Yurman cable bracelet while carrying the Ralph Lauren Collection “Bedford” bag while out and about in NYC on Monday (December 5).

angelina jolie white suit nyc 01
angelina jolie white suit nyc 02
angelina jolie white suit nyc 03
angelina jolie white suit nyc 04

Photos: Splash News Online
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 » Show All

#47 – Porgie’s DC Film Critics win means absolutely nothing. Believe me, I live in the DC metro area and DC has fvck all to do with prognosticating or predicting anything. They carry the least amount of influence when it comes to the majors (GGs, Oscars, BAFTAs, SAG). DC just likes Porgy because the city skews older, pretentious, egotistical and narcissistic just like him.

toomuchanistontalkhere @ 12/05/2011 at 12:32 pm

@pittstainwiglet:

moron :)))))))))))))

u is wrongz againz wit ur predicts,,,u must b so embrszzed in dis mo-ment. y don’t ya go far awayz from here?

SACRY SKINNY @ 12/05/2011 at 12:38 pm

VEINY ANGIE!

@fvghbjkgh: That is Simy Alanes. For sure.

Glad to see Angelina with Brad’s parents. Isn’t interesting Brad’s mom name is Jane and Angelina character in Mr. and Mr. Smith is Jane?

Newsweek cover is posted up at joliepittwatch.com thismornig. I think that Ang looks so pretty in the cover.

Splash has some additional pics of Angie with Jane and Bill.
I am so thrilled that Brad’s parents are out there supporting Angelina. It must mean so much to Angie to have them there with her. Brad has such a close knit, loving family. I am loving them more and more and Jane is absolutely beautiful. She and Angie are absolutely radiant and gorgeous to look at. Brad’s dad is beaming so proudly.
Blessings to Jane and Bill for being the wonderful people they are. They did a great job with Brad.
I would not be surprised to learn the entire Pitt clan is in New York.
Brad’s birthday is the 18th. Bet Angie has a wonderful day planned for him.

Some new quotes in this article (incl. discussions around the dinner table):
By LAUREN EFFRON and WONBO WOO | Good Morning America – 37 minutes ago
Angelina Jolie on Choosing Bosnian Conflict for Her Directing Debut, Traveling With Six Kids and If Marriage Is in Her Future (ABC News)

In her first foray into writing and directing, Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie chose to shine a spotlight on a country that has been stricken by years of genocide and incredible violence.
Jolie’s film, “In the Land of Blood and Honey,” due out in theatres on Dec. 23, tells the story of the Bosnian conflict from both sides of the racial divide, and how the Bosnian people were changed forever after their homeland was ripped apart by war in the 1990s.
“I was thinking and meditating on these international themes of violence against women, lack of intervention, and how human beings are changed and warped by war, and how some people come out stronger and some people are truly broken,” Jolie told “This Week” anchor Christiane Amanpour, who covered the Bosnian conflict in the 1990′s. “There’s no safe way to tackle these subject matters, but I think the important thing is to discuss them and tackle them.”
Watch the full story on “Nightline” tonight at 11:35 p.m. ET

As a Goodwill ambassador to the United Nations and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, Jolie has traveled many times to some of the world’s most war-torn and impoverished countries. She said she didn’t intentionally choose Bosnia for the setting of her debut film, but said the more she researched the Bosnian conflict, the more she was taken by it.

“This is our generation’s war. … this was, you know, the worst genocide since World War II in Europe,” she said. “It was– ‘what were we all doing?’ And ‘did we do enough’ and ‘why do we not speak about this enough’ and ‘why I don’t know enough about this?’ And so I wanted to learn. I felt a responsibility to learn.”

The actress said it felt “bizarre” to play the role of the writer and the director, but added that it was “great not to be in front of the camera.” Jolie said “writing is the hardest because it feels the most exposed.”

“When you’re an actress, you use somebody else’s words and you can always blame the director and the director can say the editor,” she said. “But the writer is the one that kind of sits alone in the room and writes what they think is important, funny, historical, topical.”

The entire cast of “In the Land of Blood and Honey” is made up of locals from the region because this was “their story,” Jolie said. The actress added that she even kept her name a secret when they first sent the script to the cast, because she said she wanted an honest reaction from the people who had lived through the war.

“If we sent this script out and actors read it and said ‘this is irresponsible’ or ‘this is inappropriate,’ then I wouldn’t have done it,” Jolie said. “I would have shelved and burnt it.”

Actresses Zana Marjanovic and Vanessa Glodjo, who star in the film, told Amanpour they were touched by Jolie’s script when they read it, which they said didn’t soften the conflict as other films have.

“When I read the script, it was — I had knives in my chest, in my stomach,” Glodjo said. “And I said, ‘My God. What is this? What is this really? It’s so strong.’”

Both actresses said they hope “In the Land of Blood and Honey” reminds people of what their country went through during the Bosnian conflict.

“Our fear is that people won’t know what happened and being ignorant about what happened leaves a chance that it may happen again,” she said. “Hopefully, if it changes or opens up the view of one person, we did a great thing.”
Angelina Jolie on Motherhood and Having a Family With Brad Pitt

While she said she isn’t expecting the film to be a box office hit, Jolie believes it was an important project to take on.
“We did it because we felt this is a war that isn’t talked about enough,” Jolie said. “I know it’s a hard film to sit through, but it’s two hours to sit through something that’s very hard, and these people lived through it for many, many years, and it was many, many times worse than any reenactment could possibly be. And I feel like it’s a gift and a duty to sit through two hours of what they lived through.”
The star has garnered international fame for launching several revitalization projects in struggling countries, and famously adopting children from those regions, which she and actor Brad Pitt raise and homeschool together.
The six children of the Jolie-Pitt household make up their own mini-United Nations of sorts. Aside from Pitt and Jolie’s biological children, Shiloh, 5, and 3-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, the family includ

I’m not too keen on Porgie winning the best actor Oscar because I saw The Descendants and it svcked. I hated the movie. Porgie as a father is an absolute joke. Just couldn’t buy him in it because his real life comes crashing in too much to convince anyone he’s an everyman type. I can buy him as the arrogant fvck in Up in the Air, the assassin in The American or the corporate lawyer who mops up the corruption messes in Michael Clayton. But as a dad. Not at all. And for me, there was a BIG distraction with Shailene Woodley, who plays his older daughter in the movie, because she’s closer in age to his girlfriends. She walks around in bikinis for most of the movie, so seeing her next to him conjured up images of Porgie on Lake Como with his piece. There’s a scene in which they are laying on a beach together and it was really creepy. Just didn’t feel his performance at all. However, Brad as Billy Bean is by far the better performance in my opinion. He nailed it and he deserves the Oscar. If Porgie wins, yeah, I’ll live. But I’ll be pisssed.

toomuchanistontalkhere @ 12/05/2011 at 1:07 pm

@amyofanaheim:

why are you promoting JPW?

ex Jen fan @ 12/05/2011 at 1:08 pm

JAWWY
FAKE BLOND
REY-TARD (her word)
TICKY
etcetera, etcetera
________________________________________________

I am more than 10 years old. ‘someone’ must be 3 (or a rey-tard like her idol).

Couldn’t disagree more about Clooney!!! How can you be “Best Actor” when you are entirely unbelievable in the role.

@ MooCow – Because critics love him.

@ MooCow – ….and old people.

Adorable picture of Angie & Jane.

@toomuchanistontalkhere: I am not promotoing anything, I just relly like the cover that is posted on there. Ang looks like the angel that she relly is, so pretty.

@?:

I think so. I did see on celebirty gossip.com I think it was Jane is in New York . Trolls are really going to have a melt down

He is so honest and noble.
Shame on you, Brad
shame on you Angelina!!!

I thought that once one of their children asked them to get married, they would. That’s what they said in the past. I guess, they don’t stick to what they say. I mean, I like Angie and all, but jeez – don’t say something if you’re not going to mean it.

thelookoflove1365 @ 12/05/2011 at 2:12 pm

Thanks to all the fans for bringing the twitter stories and posting links for articles and pictures of the JPS. I just love how Jane Pitt was clinging to Angie and the big smile on both Bill and Jane’s faces shows they are proud and loves Angie.
It makes me sad though, for Angie, that her mother is not around anymore to share and bask in Angie’s success. MArcheline would have been very, very proud of Angie. She would have been there with Brad’s parents to show their support for Angie.
With these support from Brad’s parents, I’m sure some one is feeling INADEQUATE and possibly pissed and jealous. LOL. Goodtimes.

Jones @ 12/05/2011 at 12:56 pm
I’m not too keen on Porgie winning the best actor Oscar because I saw The Descendants and it svcked. I hated the movie. Porgie as a father is an absolute joke…However, Brad as Billy Bean is by far the better performance in my opinion. He nailed it and he deserves the Oscar. If Porgie wins, yeah, I’ll live. But I’ll be pisssed.
________________________________________________
I saw The Artist yesterday. I don’t get why anyone would vote for it over Moneyball. The Artist is good but rather cutesy for my taste. Dujardin’s performance reminds of Meryl Streep. It’s very caricaturish which critics seem to favor over nuanced performances like Brad’s in Moneyball and TOL. TOL is like one of those masterful, cerebral paintings that I still don’t get to this day but Moneyball is a classic.

Una Arterton @ 12/05/2011 at 2:13 pm

Even their kids know that their parents are living in sin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 » Show All