Angelina Jolie Covers 'The Hollywood Reporter'

Angelina Jolie Covers 'The Hollywood Reporter'

Angelina Jolie poses with Kung Fu Panda 2 director Jennifer Yuh Nelson on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter‘s latest issue.

Here’s what the 36-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On when she wrote the In the Land of Blood and Honey script: “I wrote whenever I could, when the kids were asleep or in their classes. Halfway through some of the most horrific scenes, I’d hear, ‘Mommy, I need another story, I can’t go to sleep,’ and so I’d pause what I was doing and go tell happy stories about bunny villages. I studied a lot about the war, and watched a lot of documentaries.

On her kids knowing about her humanitarian work: “They know that mommy, on occasion, goes off to Libya or other places. I make them very conscious of the fact that there are a lot of people struggling through different things, and I don’t protect them from the fact that war isn’t a video game, it’s a very, very horrible thing.”

On the status of Kung Fu Panda 3: “We can say we are in discussions. Tigress is my alternate personality, especially with children. I love animation because you get to do things you don’t normally get to. For one, I could bring my kids and wear my pajamas, and hang out with Jen. And my character is just so badass.”

For more on Angelina and Jennifer‘s interview, check out HollywoodReporter.com!

Bigger pic inside

angelina jolie thr

Credit: Peggy Sirota; Photos: The Hollywood Reporter
Posted to: Angelina Jolie, Magazine

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All

Fabulous cover, two great ladies showing them all how it’s done.
Thanks Jared.

TRUTH HURTS. @ 12/08/2011 at 4:35 pm

Another stunning cover of Angelina. Brains and Beauty.

lol her head looks massive compared to her hands wow

Shopping List @ 12/08/2011 at 4:37 pm

Newsweek magazine
Marie Claire magazine
The Hollywood Rreporter magazine
Tickets to ITLOBAH

luvangie4ever @ 12/08/2011 at 4:38 pm

Love the cover! They both look great. I agree, Tigress is so badass and I love that character.

Thank you JJ for posting this cover. I love it — it’s a fab cover and the two women are positive influence and role model for women.

Another must-read magazine this month!
Does anyone know when The Hollywood Reporter and Marie Claire hit stands?

Brad’s interview at Charlie Rose + screencaps here :

Great week for Jolie-Pitt fans. I can’t get enough. Love you Angie!

I’m not a fan but she really does have the most beautiful and timeless face I’ve ever seen. She has these strong features that stand out in everything she’s captured in. True beauty indeed without needing any plastic surgery or caked on make up.

Anyone else having problem with JJ’s site or just me? The posts takes ages to appear.

My First three Comments disapeared.Okay try again.
Thanks Jared.Beautiful and Gorgeous Lady.
Beautiful inside and out.My Blessings
to this Gorgeous Lady and Her Beautiful Family,
Today and Always.Love and Admire You Angelina Jolie.
You have grown into a Gorgeous Lady Full of Talent
with a Good Soul.Love The Cover.

My First Four Comments disapeared.Okay try again.
Thanks Jared.Beautiful and Gorgeous Lady.
Beautiful inside and out.My Blessings
to this Gorgeous Lady and Her Beautiful Family,
Today and Always.Love and Admire You Angelina Jolie.
You have grown into a Gorgeous Lady Full of Talent
with a Good Soul..

Sorry about double posting.Had a hard time posting.I cannot even thumbs up JP Fans.

Richard P @ 12/08/2011 at 5:07 pm

I’m so proud that she is directing now

Go Angie I love you

She’s a natural beauty. I just recently found out that she never felt the need to hire a publicist, stylists, makeup artists, hair stylits, beauticians, she doesn’t waste her time nor money on that. Instead she donates it and I have a new found respect for her. Amazing woman. Hope her movie is good and is an honest intrepetation of the horrible war.

@gracie:

This site has been having problems for months. I am sick of the ‘no data received’.

@soopx1: I meant disappeared

Jen MANASTEALIN @ 12/08/2011 at 5:14 pm

Women with brains and in control at the top of the world !
Go Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Yuh ! Real all around women to emulate, not some aging bimbo and her paid gigolo !

Like I said before, I was pleasantly surprised to see Angie do a cover with Jennifer Yu. Jennifer Yu came across in the KFP2 press conference similar to Angie. They are both smart, articulate, creative, down to earth, and compassionate. Both represent women in the industry well.

She is mythomaniac, narcissus and liar

JUSTIN THEROUX IS HOT @ 12/08/2011 at 5:49 pm

OMG OMG OMG!!! So excited about the cover……

Nice cover!