Charlize Theron: I'm Really Enjoying Being Single!

Charlize Theron: I'm Really Enjoying Being Single!

Charlize Theron makes an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in an episode airing Wednesday (December 14).

The 36-year-old actress, wearing a Balenciaga dress, promoted her latest flick, Young Adult, and also opened up about being single – something she hasn’t been “since like [I was] 19.”

“I’ve been in two relationships. One was 10 years and one was three years. Just like back to back. When I talk about it, it’s not to get pity. It’s actually a nice experience for me because I haven’t experienced it,” Charlize told Ellen.

“I’m really enjoying it,” she added. “I think that I’m a bit of a creature that is definitely very comfortable in a relationship. That was my 20s and early 30s. I was never single and now all of a sudden, not that I’m painting the town red and dancing and clubbing, but I’m really enjoying being on my own.”

Bigger pic inside

charlize theron ellen

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

The double edged sword for Hollywood stars is that while on one hand they have agents and other people to make calls for them so that they can hook up with other similar stars, that’s all they get to select from. Unless they have a circle of friends who are not Hollywood they are limited to a very small group. A movie like, Nottinghill is probably more of a fantasy for them than it is for us common folks. They must feel sometimes like they are pretty birds living in an expensive but gilded cage.

will never be alone @ 12/13/2011 at 11:21 pm

@anon:

I certainly see your point, but it still must be nice to be able to date the best looking people there are who are right at your feet. Lovely and talented Charlize right now is taking a much deserved break and enjoying and finding herself, but when she is ready to date again, she will find someone who she likes, immediately, not like regular people who have to wait a long time in between relationships.

speaktruth @ 12/13/2011 at 11:56 pm

She’s so beautiful in every way. She’s humble and smart but is physically gorgeous as well. Definitely want to see Young Adult :)

Handle your business @ 12/14/2011 at 12:11 am

Tihs is the advice Jennifer Aniston should have taken instead of coat tailing the Jolie-Pitts for seven years.

She is so gorgeous. How could Mens Health Magazine not name her as the hottest. So unbelievable that they gave their worthless title to someone like Jennifer Aniston. Charlize is blessed with talent and looks.

I think she wished she had Ryan and he dumped her for a 20 something (Blake). Just wait Charlize…men go for the young ones now…I can see her with an older guy, not a young super stud who will leave her for a 20 year old. Charlize is not Cameron. Charlize is sophisticated.

She is so gorgeous. Not surprised that she’s never been single.

yeah…. you have to be that beautiful to have never been single in your life, life’s quite unfair!

i adore charlize Therons personality. im sick of teen actors moping on about nothing – makes me appreciate ones like her that have a sense of humour!

beautiful woman

Good for you Charlize!!! You are not a wh***

userious? @ 12/14/2011 at 9:39 am

@will never be alone: your comment makes no sense..there is not a determined amount of time people wait until they find someone they like and want to be with for regular people and celebrities. To think that just because you are rich and above average in looks you can find your soulmate faster is just flawed thinking.

snowflake @ 12/14/2011 at 9:46 am

@will never be alone: Um the best looking people are not always the Charlize Therons..that is, they aren’t also intelligent, humble, funny, etc. It’s hard to find that combination whether you are rich or not. I’m a model myself and have always been praised on my looks and told I could have any man I want, but I never wanted to be with a man who’s all into his looks and has very few brain cells. My boyfriend isn’t the model or Hollywood type but I fell for him because he treats me like a princess, and is sexier to me than Brad Pitt or Ryan Reynolds ever could be. If your logic held true Charlize would’ve been married to a male model right now.

blakeLively @ 12/14/2011 at 9:49 am

is a whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

blakeLively @ 12/14/2011 at 9:50 am

whooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I want her to sit on my face and rip a **** while smoking a Marlboro LIghts !!!!!

She should be with Keanu Reeves.. period ! :D