Leonardo DiCaprio in 'Great Gatsby' - FIRST LOOK!

Leonardo DiCaprio in 'Great Gatsby' - FIRST LOOK!

Check out these first official stills from Baz Lurhmann‘s upcoming film The Great Gatsby!

One of the images shows a glammed up Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan next to Tobey Maguire (Nick Carraway) and Joel Edgerton (Tom Buchanan) with Leonardo DiCaprio (Jay Gatsby) in the background.

“It’s very nerve-racking,” Carey recently told the L.A. Times about taking on a role in the big screen adaptation of the F. Scott Fitzgerald classic.

“I know how much the book means, especially in America. And everyone has their own view on what the book means, which makes it even more nerve-racking,” she added.

The Great Gatsby is slated to hit theaters December, 25, 2012!

leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan gatsby first look announced 01
leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan gatsby first look announced 02

Photos: Warner Bros.
Posted to: Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All

Baz Luhrmann is an amazing director.
This movie will be brilliant and over the top

Baz Luhrmann is an amazing director.
This movie will be brilliant and over the top

Leo is back to his best! When he wants to look good, he really looks good.

Leo looks gorgeous (as always, of course) in these photos. This movie it’s gonna be amazing. Carey and Tobey are great as well.

Cannot wait to see this movie!!! I love Leo and Tobey… So much!

Gotta wait a whole year for this, dang! Nothing like the classics, should be awesome.

I think Leo will have a much better Oscar chance next year with Gatsby than he’ll have this year with J. Edgar.

Magda mama @ 12/13/2011 at 8:52 pm

Wow! This is going to be a beautiful and glamorous film. This might be his Oscar. I hope he wins this year though; his time is due. Some more love for Mr. Dicaprio. {Please don’t feel I’m being presumptuous. I only want the best for him, not like so many mistakes in lalaland.} Question – do you ever get that intuitive feeling that “this is not 100% right” That is your Tao directing you in the right direction. If you ignore the red flags, the universe is going to speak to you a little louder. Then, if you ignore that – the Tao will take over (that’s right “control”, as you know it) is as good as done. Then you have to pick up the pieces and feel the grief of a choice poorly made. Do not submit your control, just follow the Tao, it will do you right every time. Child development is so crucial. Don’t sacrifice your values or time in the charms of haste. Find out who you are at the core, so you don’t negatively impact your kids down the road. And for heaven’s sake don’t be fooled into the voices around you, who spew pop psychology as some form of “maturity” or “proof of substance.” My husband took a guy’s trip to the Tiputini rain forest, in part, to look into himself. He found God there (not in a creepy way). You may want to consider a trip, under your terms and without the many voices with vested interests vying for your ear. You are in control and you are a highly intelligent man. You have respect and fans in this house.

Magda mama @ 12/13/2011 at 8:57 pm

just an fyi – in my last post, I’m speaking from experience. It all came down at once on me, because I was listening to others…. I just don’t want that to happen to you, because you seem like a kindhearted person who can fall into this trap.

WAlterBisho[ @ 12/13/2011 at 9:08 pm

I am sooooo glad the role went to Mulligan!)
I wouldn’t bare if it was Blake Lively playing Daisy
Leo looks his best since Titanic era. I see his younger/Jack self again

l0nely-girl @ 12/13/2011 at 9:34 pm

Leo is so sexy!

Leo is so much better looking without the facial hair. Sigh!

Leo looks great—I cant tell but I think he gets some non invasive dermatology treatments—sometimes he has some attractive, barely there lines, but this could also be makeup and lighting. Comparing him to Romeo + Juliet he has become so manly looking—but its nice. He had to grow up and leave the “beautiful boy” behind or he never would have been so sucessful.

I love Baz too- you can tell he grew up in a ballroom dance studio (his mothers) by the way he stages everything. I’m trying to find strictly ballroom on one of those bootleg free sites.

Carey looks like Michelle Williams but more like she should for the role. And I agree, no disrespect to Blake—its a lot better without her. She can do some B roles well but this aint one. This is a 100 million dollar film to carry,

Hi Everyone,
How gorgeous does he look in that camel sweater????…..his hair flop (the bit at the front) is definately longer…..and i have to say he does look reminisent to robert redford’s gatsby……not sure if thats a good thing!!…..i like it when he puts his own spin on things…….i know its just a pic, but one of my first impressions was does’nt he resemble redfords gatsby……i want to be able to forget the original and discover the new one like its the first time…..but i keep seeing RR, the more i see that photo…….still leo does look good….the makeup makes him appear very rich playboy type (as per character), ie perfect skin, perfect bone structure, PERFECT!!!!………
loving his hairy arms tooo……what i wouldnt do to be carey in that pic…….i bet he even smells good..lol

The costumes looks great. Everyone looks great in these pics. I love the hand close up we get of Leo in the first pic, lol.

They all look great in those costumes. I wish I was there too. Does it take place in Europe?

Carey Mulligan is the perfect person for the role of Daisy & Leo is the perfect person to play Gatsby. Carey looks like a real, live baby doll & she can act like no other young female star today. She is my favorite. We are in for a real treat with this coming film.

@EmilyVP: yeah, and you wish you’d still be with her cos you’re nothing…. time for a new contract

New girl(friend)? @ 12/14/2011 at 11:53 am

Seems like Leo found time to have some fun… Another blonde model-looking girl. What a surprise!

These are great pics from Gatsby.@New girl(friend)?: TMZ is calling her Leo’s new Bar-alike blonde friend,someone else pointed out she also kind of looks like Kirsten. I wonder who she is maybe one of the Aussie models,or does it matter?Although with her fitting the look,she maybe the next gf.lol

TMZ is still soooo on the Refaeli payroll I see
Looks nothing lIke Bar too svelte
Kinda looks like Erin Hetherton/Brooklyn Decker

Leo got a SAG nom,for Best Actor for JEdgar.Here’s some Tweets:
Miss_Lozzie Lauren Flanagan

Omg just saw Leo Di Caprio having dinner… #starstruck

hace 9 horas

TeganFlanagan Tegan Flanagan

But who was the mystery blonde with him?? RT @Miss_Lozzie: Omg just saw Leo Di Caprio having dinner… #starstruck

hace 9 horas

deviousstudios lisa zhang

Spotted!!! Leonardo Di Caprio…sitting a table away from me!!!!!!!

hace 10 horas

4 days ago -
“Leonardo Di Caprio spotted at #cfc19 here at Luna Park! #MMA #celebrity”

@New girl(friend)?: translate please, seems it’s in another language.

New girl(friend)? @ 12/14/2011 at 5:05 pm

The article is Italian and the Italian press is still convinced the Leo’s girlfriend is that Romanian panty model. She is mentioned but other than that nothing interesting, nothing about her identity. We have to wait and see how ‘serious’ it is.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All