Leonardo DiCaprio in 'Great Gatsby' - FIRST LOOK!

Leonardo DiCaprio in 'Great Gatsby' - FIRST LOOK!

Check out these first official stills from Baz Lurhmann‘s upcoming film The Great Gatsby!

One of the images shows a glammed up Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan next to Tobey Maguire (Nick Carraway) and Joel Edgerton (Tom Buchanan) with Leonardo DiCaprio (Jay Gatsby) in the background.

“It’s very nerve-racking,” Carey recently told the L.A. Times about taking on a role in the big screen adaptation of the F. Scott Fitzgerald classic.

“I know how much the book means, especially in America. And everyone has their own view on what the book means, which makes it even more nerve-racking,” she added.

The Great Gatsby is slated to hit theaters December, 25, 2012!

leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan gatsby first look announced 01
leonardo dicaprio carey mulligan gatsby first look announced 02

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1011 » Show All

@New girl(friend)?: I don’t believe Leo is bisexual at all he likes women even though they are skinny hood rats. Leo is a good actor I hope he wins that Oscar!

Its not true
Ted C is full of s*** and likes to stir for attention
No on can name one story he has ever broken

Kim>Can u imagine someone New and Interesting with someone old and boring like leo?Such an optimist you are.This models stuff is his level//There is only one among vs models who at least look like angel(candice)/Others look very ordinary,even ugly and there is nothing interesting inside them.But we all know that there is nothing very exciting about leo too…so

I suppose Leo can give only money for girls (without dating etc),he is too boring and sad stuff for real relationships

btw firstly i supposed that it was riz wizerspoon’s clone with him,not boring model again )

If Uncle Leo is dating VS model Erin Heatherton this skinny twig, she has a nose job just like Blake WTF no natural beauty at all.

New girl(friend)? @ 12/16/2011 at 8:46 pm

@Kim: Since I put @144 in front of my comment I thought it was quite self-explanatory who I was talking to. But apparently not everyone got that… Say something interesting or different? Like you? LOL! Well, what can I say if my opinion hasn`t change? But for your sake I`ll say something different even though that`s not my opinion! Geesh!

@ Larson, – Thank You… For steering the conversation in a better direction than a few others. – I’m familiar with weinstein… his former company. Who wouln’t be?? – It just gets so monopolous Every Year that LEO is up for an Award, and goes there looking or anticipating a WIN. – After All these Years LEO has worked in FILM & been able to produce Movies that wouldn’t ever be Made or Considered, IF – Leo wasn’t staring in… Why does Everything have to be Looked at (as if) these VS Models are “kinda” Keeping Leo Up??? – (or out of trouble?). – I just go to see movies for Watching Them…not Debating Every single Aspect of them….. I was at the J.Edgar premiere on Hwd Blvd in November… haven’t been able to see the film yet tho… I’m waiting on SAG to give their Members an Invite…….(screening). – Anyway. – I Think LEO is Grown up enough and Intelligent enough to capture SOMEONE who is out there and SHE won’t be Afraid to DATE Him. – Blonde, Brunette, another Race… This Woman will be Good to him…… Just wait & see….. Bye to Larson, and HM…… thanks :)

oops…sorry 4 double Post… these darn Web Kiosiks… ~ I’ll be on Saturday reading JJ posts, but I’ve said what I wanted 2….. Good Luck Leo!!! ;)

quid pro quo @ 12/16/2011 at 9:08 pm

interesting…..yes he does want that oscar bad. he was the first to thank the golden globes for his nom–like same day. I dont think he’s sleeping around, dont buy that he’s that BI either. But what he does to win an award will be interesting.

He likes the blonde girl, what else is new, it was a couple of days together, not an engagement party. See what happens.

One thing is, once gatsby wraps bye bye local talent. If it is heatherton
we’ll see her again, not for years and years but for a month or two.

Remember, the lady has some discretion in the matter too. Not every girl is a contract signing ho-bag. Not every woman can hang with that hardened crap. I couldnt deal with the constant exposure, of course no one is asking me to.

I dont think he ever dated a woman older than 25years old. Gisele and Bar were 25yrs old when their relationship ended. How can he grown as human dating those young, shallow blond models? He is very insecure about his love life thats why he doesnt date older women and its very sad to hear this stories about him. I used to be his fan as an actor and a man but now i m not anymore. The way he treats women is just bad and disrespectful. He still a good actor and eventualy will win his oscar but he has a very sad life and i dont fell sorry for him because he chooses his path. People say he is the new Geoge Clooney, i dont think so.the only thing in common between the two is the fear of marriage because George at least treats his girlfriends with respect and actually takes a commitment while he is in a relationship even if we all know it not going to last.

It’s very disconcerting,to read those comments on other gossip blogs.Even the Bellazon peeps came out of their sugar comas to make comments about it,course that’s over with.lol If you guys have a chance you might want to go read the Erin thread on BZ,last couple of pages.Some don’t seem too pleased.(smh) Leo, honey it’s time to grow up.@Payh: Good point,the George comparison I think is off the mark.On a side note i was kind of thinking it was going to be George’s year for the Oscar?Didn’t really know about Weinstein backing that other actor.

ted casablanca @ 12/17/2011 at 5:57 pm

i saw the comments in bellazon too. i admire leo for his work and other efforts but this love life and the women he pursuits are really annoying. he’s not a 21 year old. he’s 37 for goodness sake. for someone who seems to have such a good head on his shoulders, he’s proving himself to be quite superficial when it comes to his ladies

quid pro quo @ 12/17/2011 at 7:40 pm

This last one has given me indigestion again. The heatherton incident is 25%-the orgy in Australia is whats really bothering me. It’s the attitude of the thing—I am so great I can get 80 women, dont need to know them personally and I will judge just by looks…its REALLY GROSS LEO.

quid pro quo @ 12/18/2011 at 3:26 am

if you look at bellazon they were together 12/9 at some cage fighting thing (????) in Australia, so I guess they spent a coupla days together.
He has his back to her and doesnt seem to be paying any attention to her. Big suprise.

anybody know where he is today? gatbsy wraps this friday, so he’ll back in time for xmas.

You know he spends it in Cabo usually with *ralph* a companion. ugh.

quid pro quo @ 12/18/2011 at 3:47 am

welppp—

i looked around and the overall response over the big gossip sites is yeck, leo grow up. It is not positive at all, if it was me I would run from the negative feedback. This is not really going to help her at all-remember he had that tiny fling with Anne V way bacK-? blink and ya miss it??? might be like that. Had like a dinner or two with Marissa Miller, never turned into anything.
but at least we have an id–you can see very clearly in the video its erin-
not kendall or lucas. no one is denying it anyway.

its another train wreck waiting to happen.

@quid pro quo
One good thing it could mean Barf is definitely out of the picture
Even though shes desperately sucking up to Kevin Connolly

@Preach:

Why not?I bet KC is much better guy than LDC.I suppose any guy is much better than LDC for any woman,desperate or not.

New Barbie @ 12/18/2011 at 8:50 am

And of course we still have an obsessive weirdo on the thread who has to bring up Refaeli even though she has nothing to do with the topic. Awesome! Get a life and help already!
@166: There are some stills on his bz thread from the fight night. You can see only the girl’s profile and based on that she rather looks like that Australian Kendal girl to me.
Bella on is a weird place. Those people who ‘run the thread are the kind of Leo fans who literally worship him and everything he does. They don’t see flaws and they have this completely idealized image of Leo in their heads. They drool over every girl he is involved with. They thought Leo and Lively were awesome and now they act like they have been Heather ton’s biggest fans forever. I’m actually happy that they got me banned when he hooked up with Lively. They don’t bother about the fact he is still fishing in the kiddie pool and of course they dont believe any rumors that is unflattering. They are pretty young, not Leo’s generation and they are still pretty idealistic about him. It never occurs to them that this guy is a Hollywood player and in spite of his fame and power he does need PR.
I laughed when I saw Heatherton’s thread. When she was identified next to Leo they said that people will ‘occupy the thread now that she is linked to him. Well it didn’t happen. I doubt that besides Leo’s delusional bz fans I don’t think anyone new bothered to go there…
I agree that the general opinion about this pairing is not good. pretty harsh comments about Leo and I totally have to agree. This lifestyle is going to catch up with him PR-wise and not in a good way. Sites and blogs are pointing this out more openly.

New Barbie? @ 12/18/2011 at 9:14 am

So all I`m saying about his bellazon thread is focus on the facts rather than their opinion. Right now ( Heatherton ) it`s something in between facts and wishful thinking in my opinion…
And don`t get me wrong I have nothing against this girl. I don`t see her appeal physically but she is clearly Leo`s type. It`s the fact that Leo is still chasing these way too young girls that bugs me. The one who profits from being linked to him and they are up for it even though he is a player. I just hope that even though he doesn`t want to grow up this is something that will happen to him `naturally` and he could get above this whole Hollywood lifestyle. Let`s hope that`s why he keeps talking about family and settling down. Because he has the desire somewhere deep down…

blame him? @ 12/18/2011 at 9:16 am

Can ya blame the guy? come on, leo is just taking the opportunies that present themselves. he is in a position a million men wish they could be in, and leo is taking advantage of that.

And who cares if he has a type. he likes tall, blonde, young models. Wouldn’t every guy?

New Barbie? @ 12/18/2011 at 9:37 am

I don`t think anyone `blames` him. People posting here are long time fans and they have an opinion. It`s not a problem that he has a type and honestly I`m getting sick of these `who wouldn`t do the same thing` talk. Yes, he is a man and he is in the position of chasing barely legal girls. Why is it such a big deal that his fans would like to see him being more mature? I just hope he doesn`t want to continue this lifestyle forever because he will end up lonely if he continues to live this way. I bet millions of guys would like to end up like that as well, right? Not to mention Leo`s tendency to talk about starting a family but doing otherwise.

@New Barbie @ 12/18/2011 at 10:36 am

So you’re the obsessive L**a that got banned and am certain appears on other blogs like ce**b**y to cuss at Leo’s life choices in hysterical ramblings, calling evryone weirdo, psycho etc badger those that differ from you on the blogs (huh? inception fan? Showmance?)
And you think THEY are the weirdos? And people on here need to get a life?
Oh the irony. Leo has a truly special stan

@174
Its strange aint it. H/She clearly follows Leo Dicaprio’s lifestyle and choices obsessively. Either she knows him personally or homeboy will need a restraining order soon. Scary stuff
If the Bellazon people are so pathetic WTF do you keep going back to the website then? If they are ‘pretty young’ to you you must then be of an older generation that should know better or have better things to do with her time.
Telling how most of Leo fans have left and now stuck with this person along with HM either fighting with Tinkerbell/Oh My My or rambling
You might be the one that needs to get a life and help already!

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1011 » Show All