Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Golden Globes 2012 Nominations List

Golden Globes 2012 Nominations List

The 2012 Golden Globes nominations are in!

Gerard Butler (who suited up in Lanvin), Woody Harrelson, Rashida Jones, and Sofia Vergara announced the nominees early Thursday morning (December 15). The Golden Globes will air on Sunday, January 15!

After the press conference, the four toasted with Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2002, the award show’s official champagne, to celebrate all the nominations, including Sofia‘s Best Supporting Actress nod!

FYI: Sofia is wearing Tresor earrings. Rashida paired her Moschino dress with a Paule Ka blazer.

Click inside to check out the nominees…

Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-series or TV Movie

golden globe nominations 13
golden globe nominations 14
golden globe nominations 15

John Parra/Getty

Deborah Love-Pitt @ 12/15/2011 at 9:51 am

Congrats!

Yay for Kristen Wiig! Too bad she didn’t get for Best Screenplay as well!

really happy for leo, ryan gosling, joseph gordon levitt, meryl streep, octavia spencer and zooey deschanel

Are we really surprised with this list? Brad Pitt, Clooney,Michelle Williams, Ryan Gosling,Leo de Caprio’s movies, Dragoon Tatoo were already in the running to be nominated for these awards. even before their release. So tired of the same actors being in these award nominations. I can already say who will be nominated for Academy Awards.

But so glad for Michael Fassbender and Jessica Chastain.Congrats for them! I hope that Michael and Jessica will be the winners of GG and Oscar. This year was a great year for them with excellent performances and movies.

congrats to angelina jolie!

congrats to angelina jolie!

Brad Pitt!!!! <3
In the Land of Blood and Honey!!!! <3

congrats to angelina jolie!

No Gary Oldman? He’s role was far better than Clooney’s or Pitt’s. He’s one of the best living actors and still he is so undeappreciated in Hollywood.

Thrilled that Homeland, Claire danes and Damien Lewis are getting the love. What a great show. BUt I am suprised to see Glee on this list. This season has not been their best. Would have prefered to see Suburgatory or HIMYM.

I’m happy for

Michael Fassbender nominated
All Midnight in Paris nominations
Melissa McCarthy snubbed
Kristen Wiig nominated

I don’t liked:

Muppets snubbed in comedy/musical and best song
Pink snubbed for best song in Happy Feet 2

No True Blood??

@Justyna:

I meant “his” role and “underappreciated” of course…

I’m really pissed to see Gary Oldman get snubbed AGAIN!! He’s one of the finest actors in the business and he’s done a really great job in TTSS. The man needs to get some serious recognition!!

Congrats to Fassy though. The rest, I don’t even know what to say. Most of them are not even out yet.

Oh yeah, Ryan Gosling! :D

Same old, same old. BORING……

game of thrones!!!! <3 <3

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 10:24 am

He looks terrific for so early in the morning!
Why no project beside their names?
Want Gerry to see all the Best Picture and Best Actors (male and female) movies!

Yayyyy for Fassbender and Angelina Jolie :D
Kate Winslet was brilliant in Carnage!

village idiot @ 12/15/2011 at 10:46 am

Surely the sexiest woman in the history of the world (Jennifer
Anuston) deserved to be nominated for best actress for any of
her 2011 mega blockbuster films!!!

madonna is going to slay this years GG’s with WE

GO ANGIE!!!!!

So happy for Charlize Theron and Williams they deserve all the raving reviews and nominations! hopefully they continue like this at the academy awards

game of thrones!!! love this show. Its more about the talent than popularity of its actors.(Altho’ they’re all amazing)

Where’s White Collar nom? One of the best on TV now.

I’m so happy to be a fan of Angelina and Brad, good things come to people who work hard and earn it.

Congrats MADONNA!

Really wish that Gary Oldman had been on the GG’s Best Actor list:(… Really hope that the Academy will remember him on theirs…

No Puerto Ricans nominated for anything? Typical! America hates us!!

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 11:44 am

@Lol:
Feel the prize for Michael is the nomination. I doubt he’ll win. Also, if he isn’t careful he’s going to type-cast himself as the man to ‘go to’ for sex/nude scenes. He was incredible in Jane Eyre! Four films this year.
~K
who’s catching up on all his films seeing a trend

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 11:46 am

@:):
I agree–love it when people find new ways of expressing themselves after achieving so much. Hoping Gerry directs someday too. I think W.E. is going to be so much fun to see. It really is a story about celebrity using Wallis and Edward to highlight that. Can’t wait.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 11:49 am

@Cnoc Mhor:
I read that is a very convoluted role, and a movie terribly hard to follow. Not his fault by any means but could be why no nomination… not that (I think) he cares.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 11:54 am

@Jess:
Ryan had a good year being in several diverse films. Glad to see him get recognition. He’s a very good actor with a bright future who can do anything. Well, he’s a Scorpio like Gerry, so what’s the big surprise there? ;o)

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 11:57 am

@Derpina:
I’m a major supporter of anything Midnight in Paris! LOVED that film.

Where is Gary Oldman?
And Best Foreign Language Film -because of broken english?
- film nobody has seen yet but thanks a million for the PR heard

In the Land of Blood and Honey
People inEurope despise Hollywood more and more
Its a sea of very very good movies in Europe but business as usual for Pitt-Jolie
GG even has journalists from The Monde eller Times
It is his own former self
It has lost credibility and seems to serve others’ interests

Fassbender Fassbender and Fassbender again.

Where’s the nominations for ‘Justified’? And I would have liked to have seen a couple more for ‘American Horror Story,’ but I’m glad to see that Jessica got a best supporting nom and the show a best drama nom.

GG even HAS NOT journalists from The Monde eller Times
-IS CORRECT

Wow—-hater aren’t you? Is it because your Aniston didn’t get the nod for best actress in comedy? It’s alright, I am sure that her PR is inventing another title for her…. perhaps “The Best Loser of The Decade?” Hmmm that’s sounds more appropriate for her. LOL.

“…a priority for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. The priorities were Brange and Clooney. Which is why Angelina Jolie’s In The Land Of Blood And Honey received a nomination for Best Foreign Film (can you imagine the size of the HFPA’s boner when they realised it met all the criteria?). Brad Pitt of course will be contending for Best Actor. And they’ll be seated where the cameras can find them most easily, in close proximity to George Clooney so that, hopefully, they can get all three, with a Keibler trying to wedge its way in there, in one frame, which they will try to cut to every 15 minutes while Ricky Gervais goes all meta on us and provides the play-by-play. God, please let that happen.”

Who cares? These “award” shows are a joke anyway. It’s not about the most talented actors, it’s all about public relations, fashion choices, and self-absorbed tools patting each other backs. Screw them!

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 12:32 pm

@dan:
I totally agree. Michelle Williams might not win, for reasons I don’t wish to speak about here, but her performance is STELLAR as Marilyn Monroe. She even sings at the end. Incredible, stunning, beautiful transformation. She becomes Marilyn, brings her to life like you can’t imagine. Such a well done movie. Saw it twice.

@solecito:

I agree.
And where is Gary Oldman?

@solecito:

I AGREE
Where is GARY OLDMAN?

You know why i don’t think the talented Gary Oldmen got nominated for an award because unlike the other actors his team did not campaign for the award now that’s what true actors do they act and awards don’t mean anything to them that’s why i respect actors like Gary

Fiennes, Redgrave and Butler were robbed.

What a disappointing lineup of nominations. How trite.

@strange: Couldn’t agree more with you, so many talented actors are not even considered for an award. F*CK Clooney and Pitt and all the other self-absorbed tools, I won’t watch anything they’re on.

It is all political. I really cannot believe that Gary Oldman wasn’t nominated. But happy for Michael Fassbender and Jessica Chastain.

moneyballs $ucked A$$..worst, most boring movie everrrrrrrrrrrrr

I fell asleep watching Moneyball and I saw it in the theater. First time I ever did that, and I have seen some bad movies in my lifetime. Its nomination is a disgrace!! I cannot believe Pitt actually stooped so low to star in that movie.

BEST MOTION PICTURE/DIRECTOR? @ 12/15/2011 at 2:02 pm

I wouldn’t know, because your forgot to list three of the most important categories:

Best Motion Picture – Drama
Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical
Best Director

How com jean dujardin is listed on here ??? LOL

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 2:12 pm

@ytr:
I saw Moneyball to see PSH play a coach. I did. And was not disappointed. He can do no wrong. Loved Jack Goes Boating!
Hated the ending of Moneyball. The (real) man was an idiot. He could have moved his family east, put his daughter in a very good university, and it closes with someone else **spoilers** using his theory and he’s still schlepping ‘trying” with his team? Eh?
I HATED her song, hated it! It was the worst message in a song ever. Depressing. Bad. Ugly. Mean.
~K
who thinks Pitt dialed it in

I’m glad for Ryan Gosling and Leo, sad for Oldman.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 2:46 pm

@WTH:
Think Jean is listed because he gave a completely transfixing performance in what pretty much amounts to a silent film? Who can do that these days, emote wordlessly to where it makes people sit up and take notice? More power to him!
~K

Michael Fassbender YES YES YES!!! And Game of Thrones!! OMG I’m so happy right now!! :D

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 3:04 pm

@lauren:
Do you really think Shame was a stretch for Michael? While I’m (very) happy for him, I feel it wasn’t such a hard role (for the most part) now that I’m back-tracking watching all his work.
I mean the emotional scenes were, where he **spoiler** cracks up… okay, maybe it was! I’m very happy for him. I, as I said before, first ‘met’ him in this year’s amazing performance in Jane Eyre.
~K
who thinks Butler was interested in being involved with Games…

why didn’t Melissa McCarthy get nominated?? she is sooo good in Bridesmaids and Mike & Molly!!!!

im sick of seeing people from 30 Rock and modern family getting nominated!!!

Game of thrones is drama?

Hollywood Gossiper @ 12/15/2011 at 4:18 pm

Ditto on the oversight regarding Gary Oldman!!!!! And no nom for Vanessa Redgrave as Best Supporting Actress????

I am sure Shame was no more of stretch for Fassy than Playing the Field for Gerry. And yet Mr. Butler tells Access Hollywood he is tired of being called naughty.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011 at 4:32 pm

@Hollywood Gossiper:
Why say that? What’s the purpose? I do not like to compare actors to actors or films to films. Each film is a fingerprint, different and unique.
I’ve seen Shame, twice. It’s an amazingly revealing portrait of a man coming undone, and why. But it is the topic that might not get him his recognition, but anything is possible.
Again, it’s an outstanding performance hand down. He captures you right away, but it is not a pretty picture or tale by any stretch of the imagination. It’s raw, gritty and often ugly in its portrayal of a brother who has to face up to failing her and why.
Someone told me at the blog, “GG gets dinged with a reputation for being an award that can be ‘bought’. Hope that’s not the case.” Me as well!
~K

YAY Homeland! Best thing on TV right now.

angierocks @ 12/15/2011 at 5:54 pm

Damn I was hoping Angie would be in the screenplay category,it’s all good. Congrats to the both of them!

Where are The Big Bang Theory nominations?!?!???!?!!

Congratulations to Angelina’s movie and Brad Pitt!! Woo-hoo!

What about Community?! New Girl is a cute show and all but nowhere near as great as Community IMO.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/15/2011

Puleaseeee film critics had been praising brad’s acting … so get a life HAG you don’t know acting since your idol is Jennifer Aniston!!

Maybe Jolie’s film is really good, but it would help if someone has actually seen the movie. Same with the Decaprio nomination. I  can’t take the GGs seriously now. It’s more like the MTV awards for grown ups, but far worse. I think Jolie and Decaprio got the nomination, because they want him, her and the Pitt to turn up, to pull in a big audience. I’d be really embarrassed  if  I were them, very hollow victory – even if their movies are good.  That’s Hollywood for ya. And why the heck wasn’t Oldman nomination. GGs are a bag of old ****.

What! @ 12/15/2011 at 8:06 pm

Geezz of course they’ve seen the movie .. why would they nominate a movie/actors/actress if they didn’t see their movies? Do some critical thinking ok????? And that’s also the reason why no nominations for Horrible Bosses because it suck big time!!!

Why wasn’t Michael C. Hall nominated? Also bummed that Dexter was nominated for best tv show drama :(

or I mean I”m bummed that it wasn’t nominated

Hope the oscars get it right. Same old actors getting nominated. What about Alan Rickman, Gary Oldman, Melissa McCarthy?

@What!: Definitely agree with you!!!

game of thrones <3

Michael Fassbender <3

Way to go Angie!! Go my gal!!

Yaaap no 20!!! No award for mannistons’s mega nude shows?? She surely already has one -The man with the longest chin

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/16/2011 at 9:01 am

@Oh yeah:
My “idol” is Jennifer Aniston? LOL Since when? Really? Says were? Says who? You? Wrong be you! LOL, LOL, LOL
Again… he dialed it in. Oh, he cut back some the animated stuff he’s known for like in Oceans. But he wasn’t all that good in Moneyball. Phillip can act circles around him. Actually Phillip would have been the better choice! See, I DO know acting! :o)

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/16/2011 at 9:18 am

I have a (another) fault. [sighs] I try not compare actors or their projects against each other. I try no matter whether one actor is preferred (by me) in some way over another. It just is not fair to them. As actors and as humans. Each come to their craft with different circumstances to draw from. Some wells are deeper than others.
From Stage Door, “It is only after we have suffered that we can make an audience feel with us. It takes more than footlights and greasepaint. It takes heartbreak as well.”
This is what makes Butler unique, he’s a lot to bring to his roles. He’s not the only actor with this characteristic, but those like Cruise, Pitt, DeCaprio and others trying and vying for to replace the DeNiro out there… I don’t see or feel anything from their performances, nothing… but in Machine Gun Preacher… you felt. He made you feel.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/16/2011 at 9:42 am

I watched this last night. I canNOT believe what Woody did! WTH? That is so not the way to promote your work! That is so low rent!
who was appalled

Where’s Ralph Fiennes in this list ? He’s one of the best actors I’ve ever seen…that’s no right

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/16/2011 at 12:01 pm

I stand corrected. I just read this and feel how can Michael not win? He nails this film exactly…
~K
who didn’t want to see it twice but had to because the two women next to talked the entire time

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/16/2011 at 1:05 pm

Will all my heart I want Michael Fassbender to sweep every Best Actor award this season. I do. I mean that. I’ll say as much at Shame’s message board too. Trust me, voices carry.
That review brought the entire movie back in front of my eyes and teared me up.
Unlike man, I see hope on his pale face at the end. And we all know, “Hope is the greatest weapon of all.”
Also think Gerard Butler should have gotten a nomination. His excellent performance in Machine Gun Preacher is unforgettable. It’s just sad it wasn’t promoted better. Didn’t get seen more. But he has that under his belt. And, from what I recall, most –if not all– of his reviews were very, very good. He carried the movie. Everyone, including himself, should be proud! His best work is ahead of him.
~K

I agree, Gary Oldman deserves a nod for Tinker Tailor Soilder Spy. The Descendants was such a snooze, I can’t believe that’s the frontrunning movie. There was nothing profound about Clooney’s performance.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 12/16/2011 at 3:15 pm

@Jayla:
Oh but he teared up… and kissed the mouth of his dead wife! Sorry, nothing spectacular there. He was too handsome.
Will see TTSS soon enough, but hear his performance is marred by a convoluted hard to follow story.
I’m all behind Michael Fassbender for walking away with with a bust out unforgettable performance.

Kevin Magnan @ 12/16/2011 at 3:50 pm

How could they leave out “BIg Bang”‘s Jim Parsons? Like Leonard was so much better than Sheldon this year. Bazinga!

Kevin Magnan @ 12/16/2011 at 3:50 pm

@ oh yeah

I meant the films being seen by the film going public anywhere in the world, or critics, or film festivals. You tawt.

Congrats all around!
So happy for Charlize Theron. Hopefully she continues like this at the academy awards.

what about drive