North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il Dies at 69

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Il Dies at 69

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has died, according to The Associated Press. He was 69.

His death was announced on Monday (December 19) on television from the capital of North Korea, Pyongyang.

No cause of death was announced, but according to reports, the leader “had a taste for cigars, cognac and gourmet cuisine, was believed to have had diabetes and heart disease.”

During his reign, Kim Jong Il reportedly sought to build up North Korea’s nuclear warfare.

Kim Jong-un, Kim Jong Il‘s son, was named as his successor back in 2010.

Credit: Pool; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Kim Jong Il

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Later tater

Interesting times ahead.

It really means nothing for N Korea

NO F’ING WAY!?

Zadoc Paet @ 12/18/2011 at 10:53 pm

I’d like to be able to say that yes, his death will effect positive change, but I really doubt it.
POLL: With the death of Kim Jong Il, with North Korea move out of isolation?
Vote: http://www.wepolls.com/p/6678501

Good riddance. they will find another dictator to fill the whole, his son most probably.

l0nely-girl @ 12/18/2011 at 11:07 pm

Omg, is there going to be a nuclear war now!?!?

offtheproperty @ 12/18/2011 at 11:18 pm

Poor fellow, sounds as if he worked himself to death for the good of his people, whom he beloved.

littlebiggygirl @ 12/18/2011 at 11:36 pm

with the death of the dear leader does north korea have a chance for democracy? http://littlebiggy.org/4703747

finally !!!!!!!

Thank you god !!!

this Cruel short tyrant starved his people for 50 years !!!

i hope his son dosnt do the same .

apparently his son is just as bad or worse…no relief for the N/K ppl who live in communist distress..onless they kill the son off.
that would be the best news .

Well… Maybe the next Anti-Christ

I hope it’s going to be a positive change… though I heard the son is worst than the father :(

he was such a great singer…

call me crazy but..... @ 12/19/2011 at 1:27 am

He looks exactly like his Team America puppet! After Team America came out I could never take him seriously as a threat. I would hear the song in my head when I saw his picture and think ‘F*ck yeah!’

It’s really sad the situation in North Korea. I wish all these dictators would die and let the population live their lives without the ignorance they were imposed.

Do you know what makes me angry? That this site posted article about his death but did not even mention death of Václav Havel. The whole world comments it and he was playwriter so he had more to do with this site.

@ševča: Not everyone knows about Václav Havel. Do you know about North Korea??

Giuseppe Sallo @ 12/19/2011 at 9:37 am

ROP Vaclac Havel

send him straight to hell

From all that I’ve read and heard about him he was a horrible leader. It seems it’ll be more of the same now with his son taking over the reins. I hope I’m wrong for the sake of the people of North Korea.

@ševča: My thoughts exactly. Of course not everyone has to know who Václav Havel was(although I think in Europe most people know, I’m from Poland) but he was significant person in fighting communism. And I’m sure even in US his death was noticed. So maybe if Jared put a news about that on his site some people would learn something value.

Володимир Iванов @ 12/19/2011 at 2:31 pm