Gerard Butler Recovering After Surfing Incident

Gerard Butler Recovering After Surfing Incident

Gerard Butler is on the mend after a scary incident involving his latest movie, Of Men and Mavericks.

The 42-year-old Scottish stud was filming scenes for the movie version of surfer Jay Moriarty‘s life story when some strong waves began to come through the Northern California break.

According to ESPN, a large outside set of waves came through and caught the cast and crew off-guard.

“[Gerry] was held down for a solid two waves and took four or five more on the head before being washed through the rocks on the inside, where he was finally able to be plucked out,” eyewitnesses told ESPN.

Gerry was taken to the hospital just in case but is expected to make a full recovery. Glad everyone is okay, but what a scary experience!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 720 » Show All
Cnoc Mhor @ 12/20/2011 at 2:56 pm

Well the “pop culture” commentator on the US cable tv channel msnbc just ripped GB for attempting to do the stunt(s) at Mavericks. She mentioned Tom Cruise and the trend that actors have been on doing their own extremely dangerous stunts and how reckless that is. I hope that if there is anymore footage needed at Mavericks that Butler’s stunt double does it or they use special effects for whatever is needed…

GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman @ 12/20/2011 at 2:59 pm

@Update:
He was protected. By them, and by the Holy Spirit. I know stuff. ;o) And I’m not joking. This could have turned bad, really bad. How long was he underwater? He went under in a flash. One report has him dragged over rocks. Imagine that?
~K
who thinks this Christmas will be different for him… no way it can’t be… he’s a spiritual guy… this had to speak to him in words unspoken… his mission is not over

GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman @ 12/20/2011 at 3:04 pm

@Cnoc Mhor:
I don’t know how anyone (with a heart) can ‘rip’ someone for doing their own stunts, they agreed to, surrounded by professionals when all he was supposed to do was paddle out?? It was the ocean that turned on him. That’s mean, rude, but meant to create drama and get hits and viewers, nothing else, nothing more. Conflict. That’s all, oh, and press for the movie whether they know it or not!!!
~K
who loves that photo where his are the color of the sand and the sea!!

@GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman:
I agree….I know stuff too…lol….he has more to do here and he is not going until the work is done. He is a special guy and is a spiritual being and he does touch many souls….he touches mine.

@GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman:
No you haven’t been here for years CONTINOUSLY. You get booted out and go site to site until peeps tolerate your idiocy. We are just the lucky current recipients.
As for bullies… I have never told anyone to f*ck off like you did last thread. So unless you are looking in a mirror when talking about board bullies, your name-calling means nothing…
@WOW:
We’re cool. I do feel strongly about the comparison and expressed it. You have shared your side. I vote we move on. :)

redOctober @ 12/20/2011 at 3:07 pm

“The amount of time researching and listening to us…he put that to use, and it helped him through more than his surf experience,”

@Manny:

Those are even better. I am in a laughing mood today & your posts are really keeping the giggles going.

@Update:
Oh God another “I know stuff” on the thread. Lord help us. *shaking head*

@K:
Glad I could accommodate. :)))

GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman @ 12/20/2011 at 3:25 pm

@Update:
That’s right, and don’t you or “WOW” stop spreading the word. He’s a gem, a diamond in the rough, but a priceless gem.
He’s found his “purpose” said so recently in a MGP interview. Now, to serve it.
~K
who hopes they find a way to complete this film without him tempting fate again… and I’m as serious as cancer when I say this… use his own videos or those of TMZ or whomever filmed him this summer, his hot self him.

You know it is all Truth’s fault that we have “you know who” spamming. Someone round up a lump of coal for Truth. :)

@Manny:

Ahhhh Haaaaa Ha too funny. She would have found out regardless even if I hadn’t mentioned the new thread.

@Manny:
No problem at all.
I disagree about the comparison but I respect how you feel.

GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman @ 12/20/2011 at 3:40 pm

“I have never told anyone to f*ck off like you did last thread.”
Maybe not used the same words but you do your own name calling for certain. In many ways you’re worse. You use the passive/aggressive approach. But you’re so lonely and desperate for people to engage you in some sort of conversation, bad or good like a abused child. Sad.
~K
who thinks Oldman might win over Fassbender for Best Actor after seeing Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy and I know who the mole is ;o) and the part of Sherlock Holmes should have gone to Mark Strong but thinks the slow-mo thing is cool even if robbed from Guy Ritchie… that Tomboy was a French masterpiece and A Dangerous Method shows why I side with Carl than with Sigmund and can’t remember the last time I saw movie about sex that had very little in it but was filled with it just the same… and that Michael was sublime as Carl but Viggo even more so as Sigmund

Manny I like how you don’t take this place too seriously. Lighten up folks. I’ve actually gotten worked up a time or two on here and look back now & think “good lord, what was I thinking!”. Glad GB’s ok, but relax people. Its just a gossip forum. Go read, take a nice walk, paint, something!

OMG, I’m friggin shocked here. Not because of the accident but because I saw the new pics of Gerry on gettyimages.com! WTF?? Judging by the way his face looks now, he has gained a LOT of weight very quickly! It wasn’t that long ago that I was shocked because he was so dam* skinny that it looked like he was dying of cancer! What a sudden, sudden change. Can’t be healthy. He looks all puffy and weird :( Is the weight gain for a new movie or something???

@GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman:
*rolling eyes*
I’m not the one spamming a gossip site while at work. I’m not the one telling other posters for f*ck off. I’m not the one that is divorced and lives alone. I’m not the one scolding anyone for fantasizing while I write Gerry p*rn… That, my dear lonely heart, is all you. :)
@Truth:
You’re a good sport. I know she would find it, just hoping for a little peace for a while. We’re good.
@WOW:
Cheers!
@K:
How can you take it seriously? dargabriel, cholita and GFW make as much sense as vinegar over a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream. Revolting to the senses. :))))

bystander @ 12/20/2011 at 5:35 pm

@Sophie: glad someone else put my thoughts to paper. I wondered if he’s tried a facial roller go lessen hid sometimes deep wrinkles. I’m sure l’oreal isn’t that effective! Probably just the reportedly increasing burger bar visits. This man only had extremes of diet.

bystander @ 12/20/2011 at 5:39 pm

Argh diabolical smart phone typing, sorry.

@redOctober:
thanks Red for the links.

Happy Holidays JJers! Just got home from out of the country and see this news. Glad that Mr. B is doing well – surfers friends have told me those rolls are like being inside a washing machine getting turned over again and again. You get confused not knowing up from down – it’s scary. That 100 Yard Stare – I’ve seen those – it can be a bit disconcerting.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this holiday season. It’s nice to be home for the holidays for a change. Stay happy all!

Autumn

Hollywood Gossiper @ 12/20/2011 at 6:32 pm

@Cnoc Mhor: But here is the hypocrisy the same people who say Tom Cruise and Gerry shouldn’t be doing the stunts or go as far as they do will be the first to criticize the movie if the use of the stunt double isn’t seamless………the audience as well drives the need to up the ante with all action films. Mission Impossible is a successful franchise because Crazy Cruise is doing cooler and cooler stunts. The actors who are willing to go the extra mile I think are darlings of the directors as well.

angelsrock @ 12/20/2011 at 7:18 pm

@Autumn:

Welcome home, Autumn! Yes, poor Gerry just experienced what it must feel like to be in a washing machine!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 720 » Show All