Gerard Butler Recovering After Surfing Incident

Gerard Butler Recovering After Surfing Incident

Gerard Butler is on the mend after a scary incident involving his latest movie, Of Men and Mavericks.

The 42-year-old Scottish stud was filming scenes for the movie version of surfer Jay Moriarty‘s life story when some strong waves began to come through the Northern California break.

According to ESPN, a large outside set of waves came through and caught the cast and crew off-guard.

“[Gerry] was held down for a solid two waves and took four or five more on the head before being washed through the rocks on the inside, where he was finally able to be plucked out,” eyewitnesses told ESPN.

Gerry was taken to the hospital just in case but is expected to make a full recovery. Glad everyone is okay, but what a scary experience!

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 720 » Show All

@dargabriel:

Dar, you have a right to post here just like everyone else, but your predictions can be very off putting. Also, that’s great that you say you want to be positive and bring light, but how are we to believe that, when you insult people on these threads as well? If you were joking, it would be one thing, but calling people programmable monkeys is a negative no?

keepnitreel @ 12/21/2011 at 12:28 pm

@niknoks:

Knowing Butler, he’ll get back in the water but it won’t be there! I even think he’ll surf a little if he gets the opportunity but Gerry’s seems like a “try it at least once” kinda guy so unless he really enjoys something, he probably won’t bother. He’s always been a “face your fears” too and this may even make him more apt to get back out there on a board soon.
I’d be the opposite. I take things like that as a sign to stop pushing my luck! I let my hub talk me in to a ski run called the “Widow Maker” and it almost stopped me from ever skiing again after the fall I took. I was lucky because I ended up in the trees and that is NOT where a skier wants to be! I’ve paid for that incident more with the jokes!

GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman @ 12/21/2011 at 12:29 pm

@~:
No I’m not a mother, but had two dogs for 19 years, which is totally different I know. Yet while I loved them both, my heart had a favorite. Neither of them knew that of course… no way. Now, I’m not SAYING she does (have a favorite) but know Gerry was conceived out of passion during rough times and LOOKS a LOT like his father… Just know, I KNOW nothing. I just FEEL Gerry is this, and it is My OPINION. Take it, like all of them, with a spoonful of sugar.
~K
Who feels they need to find a Wave Machine to finish the film…

@keepnitreel:
I’m a ‘you’ve got to get back on the horse’ kind of girl. When I was 14 I was out on a hack when a moronic truck driver thought it would be funny to spook my horse with his horn. My horse bolted straight towards a busy motorway junction and into traffic. Luckily we both got out alive, but my dad wouldn’t let me leave the stables until I’d ridden again. I think it’s the best thing he could have done.
I think if GB has to get back in the water he will but unless he truly loves surfing, it won’t be the same.

God Bless yoou all! @ 12/21/2011 at 12:51 pm

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
If you’re looking for me at Christmas,
you won’t need a special star….
I’m no longer just in Bethlehem,
I’m right there where you are.
You might not be aware of ME,
amid the celebrations……
You’ll have to look beyond the stores
and all the decorations.
But, if you take a moment
from the list of things to do
And listen to your heart, you find
I’m waiting there for you.
You’re the one I want to be with,
You’re the reason I came.
And you’ll find ME in the stillness
as I’m whispering your name.

Love,
Jesus

dargabriel @ 12/21/2011 at 1:19 pm

@~: Gerard will most definitely get back in those waters you ppl do not know him at all, watch he will be back in Mavericks @ hmb. He will and is getting property in San Francisco and he will be with his otherhalf and adopt children. No Fear, he goes with the flow, he does not let some waves get in his way and certainly will not run away, he’s a fighter. Go back with gusto guy he is, his fate is too trust in his God/Goddess. There will not be a wave machine, that would be for fearful people, Butler is not and he will make this clear with his actions, because to this man, talk is cheap. Good beautiful morning Cholita, have a lovely day. Hugs and kisses. Dargabriel

redOctober @ 12/21/2011 at 1:37 pm

@God Bless yoou all!:

That was beautiful : )
I love the festivities, you know…but what I love most is when all the rustle and rumble fades away and I can go to the woods, and listen…the silence sometimes is overwhelming but never threatening. There’s a scented softness in the air, peace.
I pray all of you can feel peace during these holidays…and beyond.

GerrysVeryFascinatingWoman @ 12/21/2011 at 1:40 pm

@dargabriel:
You come in and tell me I know nothing but you profess you know “definitely” what Gerry will do? And now what he won’t do? The waters in December at Half Moon Bay are treacherous. The film was to have been completed this weekend.
It isn’t showing fear, it’s being sensible. He’s a commodity… a high dollar one. AND he’s another film booked that needs him in fine health, you dingbat! You claim to have over some spiritual guidance, yet you ignore his physical existence? For the hearing impaired: HE HAS A BAD BACK.
Feel he’s really, after taking this tumble, in not the right mental or physical place to simply get back into the water and tempt fate again. Shame on you. You camouflage a lot of hostility with your pretense.
~K

LOLLLLLLL @ 12/21/2011 at 1:46 pm

@dargabriel:
You’re crazy!
He won’t adopt any children. On 2 occasions he said “adoption is not an option.”
The first time was in 2009 at the premiere of Nim’s Island when his nieces were there, and the second time was at the premiere of MGP when he was asked how he could make a difference in the lives of children in trouble spots.
Gerry wants to have his own natural children, and why shouldn’t he? With genes like his he should. I hope he finds a young woman to fall madly in love with that can bear him children too.

GerrysGreenEyedWoman @ 12/21/2011 at 1:47 pm

What is a journey?
A journey is not a trip.
It’s not a vacation.
It’s a process. A discovery.
It’s a process of self-discovery.
A journey shows us, not only the world, but how we fit in it.
Does the person create the journey?
Or the journey create the person?
The journey is life itself.
Where will life take you?
~Louis Vitton trailer text from beautiful commercial at blog

keepnitreel @ 12/21/2011 at 2:00 pm

@dargabriel:

“as for the rest of you very lonely lost married women who live in make believe land of Gerard Butler, need to pay more attentionto your husbands and famiy, because honestly, Butler does not care, the only thing he cares about is recognition because he’s vain,egotistical, and very much about money,fake, and attention, you attract what you are and judging what I’ve seen, except for a few exceptional souls, truely benevolent, Mr: Butler has attracted jealousy,hatred,vicious, and most of all negative individuals. This is madness”

So if you attrack what you are, wouldn’t that make Mr. Butler….a monkey?

GerrysGreenEyedWoman @ 12/21/2011 at 2:04 pm

@dargabriel:
“the only thing he [Gerry] cares about is recognition because he’s vain,egotistical, and very much about money,fake, and attention,”
Damn, why don’t you tell us what you really feel?
~K

LOLLLLLLL @ 12/21/2011 at 2:46 pm

@GerrysGreenEyedWoman:
she’s an idiot, one of many here.

GerrysGreenEyedWoman @ 12/21/2011 at 3:15 pm

@LOLLLLLLL:
She speaks out of both sides of her mouth. All for Gerry finding love, etc then calling him a vain, egotistical man all about money and attention? GheezeLouize. With friends like her he doesn’t need any enemies!
Finishing it indoors, even using CGI Dreamworks, George Lucis, whomever, is worth it. Gerry has another movie lined up that is an ‘action’ film. He’s a big 6 foot 2 inch lug that learned to surf, that’s enough!
He’s not a surfer. It’s not his bliss. He might be achy. Too much to risk right now. Could be. The ocean is not getting calmer. I suggest it not wise to tempt fate again. Yet I’m not worried. Just cautious. He’s not someone to lose to recklessness.
He says as much himself. It’s only money. If this film is as good as it should be, they’ll make it back. HE is WORTH it.
Should I look for one? They make them. They do.
~K

@GerrysGreenEyedWoman:
GFW quit socking you dumbass… and yes I said “Dumbass.” Anyone who signs their socks is a dumbass IMO.
You and dargabriel are nothing more than tedious with all your “I know stuff.” Fortunately, the sane readers here know that. I’m wondering when you two will get a clue???
BTW it is National Flashlight Day here in the States. Maybe you and Dar should get yours out and see if you can find your way out of that dark (read crazy) place you reside. :)
@Autumn
Welcome back to the fold. Glad you enjoyed yourself. ♥

Can'tGetEnough @ 12/21/2011 at 3:36 pm

A recap of some photos from the weekend. Click on the arrow to scroll through:

GerrysGreenEyedWoman @ 12/21/2011 at 3:40 pm

I change my name, not who I am. I sign. I’m not a sock. You must do that so often to blame and accuse others of it? Sad. I’ve no need you see. You’re like Evil at IMDb. She has so many socks (and will say anything like you to get talked to), but one time, she forgot to not use her RED font. LOL, and she she got caught socking me with such vileness it singed readers eyelashes.
DON’T READ US! That would work! I know stuff. ;o)
Only sad shut-ins would know such trivial insignificant dribble. Sad.
~K

@Can’tGetEnough:
Love he’s a red board.
What’s the average height of a regular surfer? It looks cold too. Bad for his ears… hope they’ve finished and he can head home, but maybe not? Might they come here? That tender back might not make that long flight. Poor guy. Can’t help but feel for him.
~K

dargabriel @ 12/21/2011 at 4:11 pm

Tsk,tsk. Butler is not a monkey, no monkey work for him or me for that matter, everybody works for me and for him as well myself, its magical, actually I’ve gifts @ my fingertips. Butler will adopt, he already has a beautiful family,you all don’t see because you’re blinded by the darkness. True love does exist and it will be unvailed for Mr. Butler, no matter what you all think, many of you will be devastated, but just know Butler will protect his beloved from any harm and madness. Have a great day. Dargabriel

@dargabriel:
How do you know he isn’t in love now? What darkness do we live in that you do not? He will adopt? Why? Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but your certainty eludes me. You read Tarot cards? Get incoming signals from the fog? Read tea leaves? Have copper irons you speak to? And how do you right your nasty judgmental views of him? That’s so wrong. Shame on the angel! Angels don’t speak so ugly.
~K

“I’ve gifts @ my fingertips”
Let’s consider this. So the “gifts” you have at your fingertips are you can type anything you wish? Oh, okay, that kind answers EVERYTHING.
Again, God’s angels, and disciples of goodness, don’t put down their object of affection in the hideous fashion you just have. They don’t. They offer suggestions, encouragement, praise, guidance and direction. Shame on the faux angel here, you!
~K

@Can’tGetEnough:
You know he may have walked to the ambulance but he’s heavy-footed for certain. Shoulders bent from the weight of what just happened like a boulder on his back. Even his big bear paw hand looks shaken. Wonder who went with him to hospital? Hope he’s resting, and that the worst is over.
~K
who (as I write this) is glad he’s on the header page!

Sometimes comments like ‘Gerry will meet his soulmate’ and ‘hope he’l meet his true love & start a family’ etc crack me up people claim here like they know his motives and intentions and him personally he tells the media what they want to hear!

He seems like a great guy but to settle down you need to be dedicated and committed to a partner give time & effort to your kids I don’t think Gerry is ready or prepared for that as he devotes all his passipn into one thing & that is acting! If he wanted to settle there’s nothing stopping him he’s got fame,money everything he just doesnt seem the type as husband material he even admitted on Howard stern that he wonders how other people do it!

He’s 42 a middle aged man not young playboy anymore!! And I just simply hate it when women on here say hope he meets a young good girl what makes you think any good girl would want to settle with him maybe that’s why he prob goes for s!utty types as decent good ones won’t put up with him!

I hope he proves me wrong but I find it irritating that these women make out he’s some lost soul waiting for the perfect woman to wave her magic wand he’s a clever, intelligent man as an actor and business man he knows what he’s doing

@Can’tGetEnough:
OMG some of these waves they surf are unbelievably scary and ominous to say the least. If you don’t know what you’re doing, or how to negotiate the waves, it could absolutely be a disaster. Just looking at the pictures of these waves sends shivers
But I wonder why they took him to the hospital for observation if he was standing on his own 2 feet after the whole ordeal. Maybe because he swallowed too much H2O, and if you do you can be drowning without knowing it. Also, maybe he hit his head and suffered a concussion, but then he would pass out, yet he was standing on his own 2 feet. I wish we knew exactly what happened to him from him and not from onlookers who saw the whole thing from a distance. Just curious to hear the exact story.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 720 » Show All