Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon-Levitt Sing Together - VIDEO

Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon-Levitt Sing Together - VIDEO

Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt team up on the ukelele and acoustic guitar for a rendition of the holiday classic “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?”

The actors, 31 and 30, worked together on the 2009 indie film (500) Days of Summer.

“I have known Joe Gordon-Levitt for going on 12 years. We first met in the summer of 2000 while doing a tiny movie called Manic, where we bonded over a mutual appreciation for Harry Nilsson and Nina Simone and I have been lucky enough to call him one of my dearest friends ever since,” Zooey wrote.

“When we did 500 Days of Summer 8 years later, we spent every lunch hour dancing to Marvin Gaye in the hair and make up trailer; we had loads of fun. I hope to do a thousand more movies with him because he’s simply the best.”

Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon-Levitt – ‘What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?’

Ethan Miller/Getty

So CUTE!!!!!!! I love them!!! :)

AnonymousDiva @ 12/29/2011 at 8:25 pm

Terrific video. They both have so much talent, and their chemistry is just off the charts!

Please, record more duets together :)

hehe I like how shes wearing a crown and he’s wearing a tux, yet they’re playing ukelele’s Oh and that look they gave each other in the end was so cute <3

Lovely! And actually great to see two beautiful young people just having a great platonic friendship. That’s not anything to look down upon!

They’re dreamy. Loved 500 days of summer so much.

This made me want to re-watch 500 days of summer tonight. Love these 2 together.

GET MARRIED ALREADY!!!! CUTE! <3

Yes, ultimately cute….friends are great.

I want him in New Girl ! I would diiiiiiiiiiie diiiie !

gosh her eyes is soooooooooooo pretty!

Love, love, love this!! It totally makes me want to watch 500 Days also! You guys are so adorable!

get together already! lol

get together already! lol

Boy, I really adore Jo and all the movies he has been in, including 50/50… But who has he dated, does he go for girls or guys??

l0nely-girl @ 12/29/2011 at 9:47 pm

They need to marry and have beautiful babies!

First I wanted them to be just great friends but I actually changed my mind after seeing this picture. Now I want them to start dating.

groovacious @ 12/29/2011 at 9:57 pm

aww they would make a cute indie couple.

@Nora: He dated a girl for many years

@anne:
That makes me very happy! clap clap

ITA with ALL who said totally cute together..
who knows maybe they make really good friends and don’t want anymore than friendship.. daz cool too.

SHE HAS THE MOST AMAZING EYES!
she’s just perfect! ahhh

that guy is thirty? looks like teen to me

They’d make a great couple…

Their voices work well together. I didn’t know he could sing, but I love the sound of his voice. Great stuff!

loverducky @ 12/30/2011 at 3:34 am

They are wonderful, both so talented! And may I say, it is so refreshing to see a post where there are only positive comments! Just a testament to how great these guys are I guess!

I absolutely love these two, they have such great chemistry on and off screen from (500) Days of Summer [WONDERFUL MOVIE], and they look like such great friends, and they just look so adorable together! I wish they could just be married and be together, that would just make my world go round and round :)

i love them. they had shown they can sing in 500 days of summer and they are very adorable. one is katy perry look a like and the other is heath ledger resembles.

Wow, loved it!!

aaaawh they look too cute
too bad he’s into guys :(
i hope she finds love again and that New girl comes back already !!! I miss it

Has to be one of the loveliest things i have seen in a very long time. Have watched it over and over and it puts a smile on my face every time. And yes they seem to make a beautiful couple.

So so so cute. I love them both. He is… Amazing.

AnonymousDiva @ 12/30/2011 at 1:25 pm

That’ll be news to all his ex girlfriends, Elo.

carrienae @ 12/30/2011 at 2:27 pm