Katy Perry: Divorce from Russell Brand!

Katy Perry: Divorce from Russell Brand!

Katy Perry and Russell Brand are getting a divorce after 14 months of marriage, his rep confirms to JustJared.com.

“Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage,” the comedian said in a statement. “I’ll always adore her and I know we’ll remain friends.”

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Katy Perry

Divorce papers were filed in Los Angeles, where Russell cited “irreconcilable differences.” Rumors of a split surfaced earlier this month when both Russell, 36, and Katy, 27, were both spotted without their wedding rings.

The couple married in India in October 2010.

WENN
  • Who did Ralph Fiennes date from Real Housewives of New York City?- US Weekly
  • Lilly Ghalichi has been fired from Shahs of Sunset- TMZ
  • Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Such a shame

that’s really sad =(

WOAH didn’t think they would actually divorce.

I was wondering when was this going to happen, i thought it would be sooner though!!

I always thought Katy Basic didn’t seem cut out for marriage.

What happened to his till death do us part comment yesterday?
How unfortunate!!!!! I really did like them together, and they both seem like lovely people.Thaaaaat said, I have always thought Katy should have given man-child Travie another go. Maybe I’m just living in the past.
Sad times anyway.

sad i like them both

Never surprised. This is it just Hollywood fate but the state of marriage in America. People marry without really knowing the person and then are surprised when they discover something they ‘didn’t know’ or like when married.

Or people just don’t try to work on it. They say oh well it doesn’t work I don’t like X about you and just divorce.

Wow they were only married one year.

I can’t believe they lasted more than than a year. That’s more shocking the the divorce.

I’m sorry, I saw this one coming..

I will never understand why these people GET MARRIED?!?!?

Man, they looked together at the VMA’s…sad.

I’m sad for katy but not shocked

Not surprised.

surprise because why? They always seemed rather odd together and I never got a “total love” vibe from them, ever. It always seemed more about fun in the sack tbh.

I did NOT see this coming. They seemed like they would last. It’s a shame, they were so good together:( Wish them all the best and hope they stay friends. At least it lasted longer than Kim “bitchass’ Kardashian!!

@Nancy: Me either When they sign their contracts it should read record deal or movie deal = loss of privacy and failed marriages

Safireskeye @ 12/30/2011 at 3:02 pm

Again, there is no “sanctity of marriage” left. Let the gays get married already! If these idiots are allowed to, then so should those in a loving and committed same-sex relationship.

So sad. I was rooting for them.

Good for her. I knew she’d come to her senses sooner or later.

Jessesgirl @ 12/30/2011 at 3:05 pm

He’s too old for her. A nine year difference can certainly work for many, but in their case Katy is still a young party girl who doesn’t want to think about the deeper stuff yet, wheras Russell is pretty mature underneath the wild-eyed image.

i thought they were a match as they are both equally ANNOYING.AS.HELL. guess they annoyed each other.

I thought they would last for atleast 5 years!
this is the worst! I hope they can get back together, they are my favorite couple

OMG! TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!

@Jessesgirl: ladies mature faster than men tho. and 27 is no spring chicken.

It’s really sad, but he seems to be such a jerk taht it might be good for her… I hope all the best!

It’s really sad, but he seems to be such a jerk tat it might be good for her… I hope all the best!

It’s really sad, but he seems to be such a jerk that it might be good for her… I hope all the best!

That’s really sad :(

not surpried! She is kind of lame and generic- but he is plain weird and unappealng! He is a good actor but I sure wouldn’t want to be his other half

I’m surprise they’ve lasted this long.

Safireskeye @ 12/30/2011 at 3:18 pm

Cause you’re hot then you’re cold
You’re yes then you’re no
You’re in then you’re out
You’re up then you’re down
You’re wrong when it’s right
It’s black and it’s white
We fight, we break up
We kiss, we mak—-

Uh, what was that? Nevermind…

Anyone surprised? Those actors/ singers brought marriage to such a low level that it is very embarrassing. Now I don’t blame the couples who have been together for a long time, but haven’t married yet.

mrsvagabunda @ 12/30/2011 at 3:24 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I feel sad for Katie, but Russell is a class A jerk & Katie is way too good for him. I’ve always thought Katie could do way way better. Seems like he might be trying to cash in on her good year of record sales – he is such a loser!

@Moon:

ITAWY

But then Russell and Katy were seldom in the same place. How do you make a marriage or relationship work when you are never together. Just a day or two here and there.

SHOCKER! . . . even REAL marriages in the real world end

@Safireskeye: Dude, creativity man! Pretty sure I saw your same comment on Perez ;)

Wow that was quick. I thought they’d go into public denial mode like they usual do, although I’m not surprised I think they rushed into things.

So sad dude!! They were the perfect crazy couple ever!

So sad dude!! They were the perfect crazy couple ever!

they wont be lonely for long.
theyll both have a new love interest within 2 weeks, if they dont already do now.

I hate them both I hope it will be long and nasty divorce.

She’s young, beautiful, and free spirited. I don’t think she’s ready for marriage just yet. I’m sorry things didn’t work out for her, but I’m sure she didn’t lose too much.

This makes me sad. I really liked them together.

im glad btw he’s soo ugly ew

It’s a shame. They were cute, but I had a feeling that it wouldn’t last. Russell just doesn’t seem suitable for marriage.

I’m going to be in the minority here but I’m Team Brand. Katy seems like such a free spirit, I don’t think she was ready for marriage. I understand girls mature faster than guys but there are some girls that just don’t mature at all, especially in their 20′s. I believe Russell was genuinely in love with her and was very committed to the marriage. No guy (esp one with his background) wouldn’t marry a woman, if he didn’t love her and believed it wouldn’t work – he did though. Katy seems like she has such a colorful personality, I can see her being very dramatic as well, going off on her husband and being rebellious, thus proving those recent Hawaii pictures. It’s quite sad – that’s what you can do when you’re in a relationship with your boyfriend, not your husband. It may have worked on her past relationships but not Brand. He may seem like some big weirdo but those who have suffered the most in live, seem to be the wisest. The lesson of “don’t judge a book by it’s cover” seems to be prevalent in this case. Wish them the best.

Omg,society will let these hollywood bedhoppers say I do but not a committed same sex couple. I predict the next couple too hit the skids will be Robert aand Kristen and that will be the day twitter has a meltdown.

stillgreen @ 12/30/2011 at 4:18 pm

This could haven been a nice relationship between two people who love each other. But they had to take it to the next level too soon. I’m Sorry for them, but I think you shouldn’t marry before you have a strong stable connection and this always takes some time. still sorry for them.

Editorial point – the article title doesn’t appear to capture that RB filed the papers rather than KP.

Nothing shock me about Hollywired celeb, these people should be ban from getting marry because like 99% of their marriages ends in divorce. why do they even get marry when they know that it is not going to last .

I think Jared is a bit excited about about the news, there’s an exclamation mark in the headline.

Laughing my phucking azz off…

Well she is an all right singer by me Britney and now Christina makes me cringe more now as a adult then Katy now I settled into adulthood and I do not agree with she is young and still a party girl the marriage just did not work out simple as there is no use making up excuses based on age I married at 18 Jay at 22 and now I am 29 will turn 30 next August and been happlily married ever since and since I said I do and moved into our home I fell in love also with my best friend in all the world.
The key to happiness I found is let go on the little annyoing things of your partner that first year is a *****!.
And learn to just ignore them hold each others hand and jump in and keep holding on!.

My hubby does not wear his ring and its ok to me I would love it if he did but my STARS!! do woman see that gold sparkle and jump on him like sauce on pasta! they see it as a challenge and he must be one of the good of the bunch for getting married but also not wearing a ring and still saying “No thank you Miss I am happily married or I got the perfect Girl/Angel etc waiting at home for me” if she will not back off!
Then he drives it on home by saying “Why should I eat a burger when I got steak waiting for me at home and boy do I love steak!!”.

That is a marriage the vows you took and stuck to not the piece of “bling” that was slipped on to your’s and their’s wedding finger.
If you think that boy you are young and heaven help you sweet things because you are realy that niave to believe that a wedding band has some kind of magic power to keep them on the straight and narrow and protect you from the divorce lawyers.

Hope you all had a merry christmas and a happy new year and still best of wishes to you all who celebrate something different. ***

He’s too old for her! She should be with someone young like herself, not an old man!

LOL LIKE ANYONE EXPECTED THIS TO LAST.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 12/30/2011 at 4:50 pm

…People are always in such a rush to get married. It kind of sucks but then again celebs are fcuking stupid. LOL

I bet it’s because of the no-make up pic Brand put up on Twitter

sunnyroberto @ 12/30/2011 at 5:00 pm

I hope Katy had a solid prenuptual agreement, otherwise that greasy British dirt bag is gonna try to get a big chunk of her money.

Wow :( I thought they were the cutest couple.

And gays cannot get married? Straight marriage should be illegal!!

giuseppe sallo @ 12/30/2011 at 5:49 pm

The real reason why they DIVORCED? Russell is a womanizer and a flirt. No doubt. I’ve always thought Katy to be a little two-faced, something about her.

didn’t they get engaged after only like 5 or 6 months of dating… oh well i wish them both the best for the future :)

@taylor: I think it was only 4 months

q tristeza no lo creooooooooooooo

He filed for divorce. That’s a little different. Usually, the women does. I believe that he wanted something serious and stable and Katy just isn’t that. Good luck to both.

Lou Scunt @ 12/30/2011 at 7:15 pm

wow – what a shock. Not.

Lets be honest, when Russell Brands Movie Flopped at the boxoffice (Arthur) that was the begaining of the end for him and his marriage. With her success, youth and good looks I’m sure she thought to herself ” I can have any man I want” and poor Rusell just wasn’t funny and clever enough to keep the marriage going.

so sad to hear such hurtful news…..i love them both, i adore them, they were my favourites.., everybody can notice that they love each other…i hope they take more time thinking that they are the perfect couple and get back together and start a beautiful family. God bless Russell + Katy Brand!

Was hoping they’d make it! They were a cute, if not odd, couple!

Another Straight Marriage @ 12/30/2011 at 9:40 pm

So glad another straight couple is upholding the sanctity of marriage – LOL! Marriage Equality Now for all!

I knew they weren’t going to last. Something about that Russell guy.

@Jessica:

Agreed, It was a matter of time.

@Nikki:

Learn to use periods to separate sentences. Your comment is extremely confusing and ridiculous to read.

I think a few of you owe me a “Franson, you were right. I’m sorry for doubting you and I’ll never do that again.” The only thing that’s surprising here is that their marriage lasted more than six months.

He's a comedian @ 12/30/2011 at 11:20 pm

So you know he is tortured and probably a lot more insecure than any of us know. She’s very cute. I recently saw her playing lovey dovey in a video with another guy. And she’s too much on the road, spending time away from him. That will not work unless you are Dolly Parton and Carl. I believe Russell really loved Katy and if she would be willing to put him ahead of her career, it may have worked out, but she’s too young and free. I think they would have had darling children together. Instead, they should try legal separation and try to grow, mature and gain insight into what went wrong. Then in around 10 years, they’ll be more ready to be settled into family life and come back together again.

call me crazy but..... @ 12/30/2011 at 11:56 pm

Saw this one coming a good country mile off! Katy Perry is better off w/o this English d*ck of a comedian who thinks he’s so funny. Newsflash, Russell Brand, ya no Big Yin an never will be!!

People are turning marriage into a joke. Really sad.

The BAD ECONOMY is playing the role on celebrity divorces.

@POTUSA:

also known as: giant ego syndrome

George Washington @ 12/31/2011 at 3:23 am

just to remind everybody – katy kissed a girl and liked it.

lafamepoma @ 12/31/2011 at 8:46 am

But she made a stop in her career to have children and now they divorce? Celebrities ¬¬

Shame.:(.
They were good for each other.

Jessesgirl @ 12/31/2011 at 10:36 am

@james: I meant I think he’s too old for KATY not a 27 year old woman in general – she strikes me as a “young 27″ and may have better luck with guys around her own age.

@sillyme:
She did not file for divorce, Russell filed, and Katie was blindsided, she did not know he was going to do it.

So just because a couple are of the opposite sex they can marry after a short courtship and then divorce after only trying to keep it together for a year? Marriage requires sacrifice and compromise from both parties. All of the Prop8 people who say they are fighting for the sanctity of marriage are ridiculous. Straight people are who have destroyed marriage. It is time for marriage equality in the US. These short lived marriages after outrageously lavish weddings are sickening. People seem to put a lot more thought into romantic proposals and over the top weddings than they do in the actual marriage itself. It is a slap in the face of every gay couple who are denied the right simply because of sexual orientation. Couples who have been together for decades are denied the right to marry legally and idiots who get engaged after a few months can do it because it happens to be “between a man and a woman”. How nauseating.

wow that sad ,she was so in love with him . he is odd ,but she loved him

oh my God is a tragedy! That’s strange because Katy Perry had said recently he wanted to have a child and now separated? I think it’s the man who wants to separate!

sad,but not a huge suprise.

It doesn’t matter how ugly marriage and family life gets. In the Good Book, JC said people will be marrying and being given in marriage until the time he returns to this earth to end this entire messed up system mankind has created.

Don’t forget that Katy is still a hard party girl while married to a guy in recovery. It was to early in his recovery for him to marry a young woman with no idea of the hardships of addictions! Best of luck to both:

Maybe he didn’t let her see his peacock…

She is a very pretty/talented woman and im sure she will find someone BETTER!(: