Daniel Craig: 'Vanity Fair' Cover with George Clooney & Matt Damon

Daniel Craig: 'Vanity Fair' Cover with George Clooney & Matt Damon

Daniel Craig, George Clooney, and Matt Damon take the cover of Vanity Fair‘s February 2012 issue, on newsstands in New York and Los Angeles on Wednesday (January 4).

The stars of The Descendants, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and We Bought A Zoo were recognized as Hollywood’s leading men and took part in Vanity Fair‘s famed Proust Questionnaire.

“If George Clooney could choose what to come back as, it would be his dog – as the actor states, ‘he lives better.’ The Descendants lead also admits to being displeased with his posture and considers patience the most overrated virtue. Daniel Craig values patience in his friends above all, but doesn’t like his knees, and you’ll never guess what he considers his most treasured possession – but then, we can’t really be sure,” VF teased.

For more from Hollywood’s leading men, visit VanityFair.com!

daniel craig vanity fair george clooney 01
daniel craig vanity fair george clooney 02
daniel craig vanity fair george clooney 03
daniel craig vanity fair george clooney 04

Photos: Annie Leibovitz
Posted to: Daniel Craig, George Clooney, Magazine, Matt Damon

where is brad? moneyball!

Daniel Craig does not belong there whatsoever.

This is silly, sure Clooney is getting Oscar buzz, but not the other two!

British, American, American…. So?

They have opinions on the liberal side.

The Kardashians haters?

looks like JJ made the cover also
All three need to stfu

Why so serious, George??? Matt Damon looks like a badass kid as Daniel Craig looks like a motorist.

BLACKJACK JOKER @ 01/03/2012 at 11:42 am

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHHA PARTY TIME!!!!!! HAHAHA HERE’S TO THE DAILY MAIL!!!!! HAHAHAHA IT’S BEEN A REAL GAS!!!!! AND TO THE UNDERCOVER BOYS!!!!!! HAHAHAHHA HAVE FUN!!!!!!

LOVE,
NOW ON YOUTUBE, “SCARY MOVIE,” MISS MANN!!!!!! HAHAHAHHA JUST LOVE THOSE HAIRLESS MEATBALLS SOUP GUYS!!!!! HAHAHHA

#1yep I was wondering the same – where’s Brad??

Maybe Clooney himself intended to become a politician? Craig and Damon are his supporters.

BLACKJACK JOKER @ 01/03/2012 at 11:55 am

HEY PETER ANDRE!!!!!! I GOT A REAL FUNNY JOKE FOR U TWO!!!!!! HAHAHAHA WATCH THIS THIS!!!!! HAHAHHAHA

LOVE,
HA HA!!!!! HAHAHHA

They are all leading men, but only Daniel Craig and George Clooney are handsome.

BLACKJACK JOKER @ 01/03/2012 at 11:59 am

ANYTIME NOW PETER!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH ******!!!!! HAHAHA WATCH U PECK LIKE THE CHICKEN U ARE!!!!!! HAHAHHA SMALL TIME CHICKEN FEE!!!!! HAHAHA

LOVE,
HAHA!!!!! NUMBER 1 FAN!!!!! HAHAHAH

Daniel bought the Tribeca loft in NYC.
George bought an island on Lake Como in Italy.
Matt bought a zoo.

Can we get some new leading men please.These guys and the others are so old and tired! Bring in Gossling, Bomer, Hamm, C. Murphy now.

Three very different men and actors, each with their own values. Good choice. About time, DC gets some attention, too.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 01/03/2012 at 12:23 pm

..Cool cover. Craig doesn’t seem to be as nice of a guy as Clooney and Damon are but whatever.

Clooney’s award season campaigns are getting nauseatingly predictable!

I love Daniel Craig, so good to see this hot Brit getting some recognition

Yes, it’s the great Oscar campaign for Clooney!!
James Bond, Oscar buzz, Jason Bourne…. where’s Stacy Keibler?

@Mike: She’s home doing one of her cheeseburger and ex lax “cleanses.”

George looks handsome. Nice cover pic for all three guys.

Hilarious Answers @ 01/03/2012 at 12:57 pm

George Clooney:

What do you consider your greatest achievement? Working in the Sudan.

If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? My dog — he lives better.

Matt Damon:

When and where were you happiest? In our bed, making our children, and in the hospital watching them being born.

What is your motto? “Don’t be a d-bag.”

Daniel Craig:

What is your most marked characteristic? My third nipple.

What is the quality you most like in a man? A good mustache.

What is the quality you most like in a woman? A good mustache.

What is your most treasured possession? Apart from my ***** and my health?

@Jack:
are you kidding me?! Daniel Craig is truly one of the greatest actor today generation, if anything i can’t understand what Damon is doing there.

Awesome!! They are still hot!

Three hot and sexy men…they should have included Brad Pitt….um, ohhh, just think of all the older men in Hollywood….Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks…oh well, another time….

Agreed – DC is still underrated, but will make his way in the end.

BLACKJACK JOKER @ 01/03/2012 at 1:51 pm

HEY PETER!!!!! HAHAHHA LET’S ROLL ONE UP AND, SEE WHAT U SEE!!!!! HAHAHHAHA WHAT SHIRT ARE U WEARING WITH YOUR SKIRT!!!!!!!????? HAHAHHAHA SCARY HAIRY BALLS!!!!! HAHHAHA CHICKEN HCHIB!!!!!!! HAHAHHAH

LOVE,
HA HA!!!! HAHAHA SILCON VALLEY BLOW UP DOLL!!!!! HAHHAA

BLACKJACK JOKER @ 01/03/2012 at 1:55 pm

HAHAHHA!!!! PARTY TIME SUCKERs!!!!! HAHAHA

LOVE,
HAHA

They’re so damn talented and gorgeous men!!

“The Kardashians behaves like a f*cking idiot.”
“Politicians are Back-Stabbing Shitheads.”
What is your most treasured possession? – “Apart from my pe**s and my health?”
BWAHAHAHAHA!! The reason I love Daniel Craig!!

Gotta buy it for myself! *swoon*

Vanity Fair always wants to be seen as trendy…and Clooney, Damon and Craig are the current epitome of “manly men” in the entertainment industry. Which is much better than the tween-boy-band celebs that are so popular today and usually grace the covers of magazines.

While I’m not a fan of Craig’s battered-face look, both Clooney and Damon are traditional Movie Star Handsome. Bottom line: good cover.

Ben is doing a movie with George as executive producer….And Brad
And George are nominated ! Not Mattie! Who is owing a movie with
The guy fro. The series the Office Kranski.

I agree that Daniel Craig does NOT belong with the other two. He’s box office poison. Cue the thumbs down from the fanboy who changes IP addresses and gives the thumbs up/down to support Craig. Predictable, and we know you do it.

Daniel Craig absolutely belong on this cover (even though Brad Pitts should be there as well). It is long overdue for Craig. For the person that called him ‘ box office poison’? You are a laugh especially since TGWTDT numbers are growing based on word of mouth. I am buying this issue!

I don’t think he’s box office poison. Nobody goes to watch a movie by “the name” recently.

Three mature, talented, handsome guys, IMO!!!

I can think of more deserving actors for his cover. Craig is a weird choice…who did he pay to get this cover? He’s Mr. No Personality and pretty freakin ugly as well.

@#38
Predictable, and we know you do it.
———————-
Is it because you’re doing the same thing, too?? :->

@Maya:
“one of the best actors of his generation”….my gosh, that phrase is vomit-inducing and is a throwaway phrase. No, he’s not “one of the best actors of his generation”….that honor is bestowed upon every actor known to mankind blah blah blah.

Craig is the most interesting person these days!! At first I didn’t like him, but I’ve come to like him by degrees. He deserves to be praised.

Agreed three hot gorgeous men…

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/03/2012 at 9:00 pm

So sick of Clooney. He is so over rated and self absorbed. Every time he opens his mouth I want to vomit.

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/03/2012 at 9:01 pm

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/03/2012 at 9:01 pm

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/03/2012 at 9:01 pm

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/03/2012 at 9:01 pm

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/03/2012 at 9:01 pm

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/03/2012 at 9:01 pm

WHERE IS BRAD PITT?????? SERIOUSLYY

Brad is now the existence of competitors against Clooney in some Awards. They don’t perform with all the coolness.

@Jack

idiot, the caption says “Leading Men”. Daniel Craig is the leading man in Dragon Tattoo and he’s James Bond.

I think all three are fen though I still have a hard time thinking of Damon as a true leafing star ( is it the height?)BUT where is Brad? Ryan Reynolds? or the busiest hottie this year..Michael Fassbender?

Fine not fen…

Ryan Reynolds isn’t an A-lister yet. Michael Fassbender has just break out last year.

Craig should be there he’s a great actor. In my opinion better than Clooney and Damon. He might be a moody cantankerous so and so, but  the guys got serious acting chops. Pitt hasn’t had a major movie hit in a while. In recent years I can only think of  the oceans series. Don’t get me wrong Inglorious Bs, Tree of Life and Moneyball are really good films but not big hits like the Bond or Bourne. Also compared to Clooney he hasn’t written, produced or directed Oscar nominated films.

My mistake Pitt has produced Oscar nominated films:

The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee
The Assassination of Jesse James
A Mighty Heart
The Departed

But  not sure how hands on he was on those  projects.