Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Taylor Swift: 'Les Miserables' with Amanda Seyfried?

Taylor Swift: 'Les Miserables' with Amanda Seyfried?

Taylor Swift has been offered the role of Eponine in the upcoming film adaptation of the musical Les Miserables, out December 7, 2012.

Glee‘s Lea Michele, Scarlett Johansson, and Evan Rachel Wood also reportedly auditioned for the role, according to Twitch.

Amanda Seyfried was also offered the role of Cosette (the daughter of Fantine, which will be played by Anne Hathaway).

Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen, Eddie Redmayne, and Aaron Tveit have already signed onto the project, which will be helmed by The King’s Speech director Tom Hooper.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Taylor Swift and Amanda Seyfried joining the cast of Les Miserables?

Photos: Getty
Posted to: Amanda Seyfried, Taylor Swift

John Parra/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All

I agree with Cassie. Taylor may do very well in the role. As for Lea Michele, maybe this will help put her nose back in joint.

LiaMichelleIsReallyWeird @ 01/04/2012 at 8:50 pm

Come on!!! I know that Taylor Swift like can’t act! But Lia Michelle has been in a movie recently already…. And last time Tay was in a movie… well it had to be at least 2008! Give her a chance! Shes better at acting then any of you idiots! SO THERE :p

irene olson @ 01/04/2012 at 10:13 pm

Taylor Swift – you’ve got to be kidding. The girl cannot sing; if it wasn’t for the tweens being in awe of her clothes and swinging hair, she would be working at McDonald’s. And her acting skills are worse than her singing. Check her acting when she was on CSI – PATHETIC. She is so overrated. They must be going to sign her to try and sell tickets to the tweens. Bad, bad choice.

seyfried is gorgeous

Maybe the reason why Taylor Swift last did a movie in 2008 is because she’s not that good.

Come on, guys. Be nice….or is that too much to ask?

Yes! Taylor Swift can’t sing, can’t act but they offered it to her. How about the others? You guys voted to be Eponine.. They auditioned right? in short people who make the decision for the role they never think Lea Michele, Scarlet Johansson etc.. they decided that Taylor Swift is the right which is because Taylor is popular. Even though it will be flop as what you think they still have $$$ to get because of Taylor Swift fans.

loverducky @ 01/05/2012 at 12:54 am

@Debbie:

I, for one do not think I have said anything hateful. I am not jealous, as everyone seems to think when someone says something against someone they like. I have not said anything about her as a person..she seems lovely. I have not said she is not talented…I am speaking simply on the casting of one particular, well known part…as a performer, I don’t think it should cause one do anything akin to committing suicide, because certain people don’t think you are right for a part…that is the business…Just speaking for myself.

A movie based on a musical based on a movie based on a book…. LOL Les Mis (or Les Miserable for the purist, LOL) isn’t some sort of holy cultural icon. It is the ultimate in pop culture though. So Taylor Swift? Sure, why not. Pretty sure the world wont fall in on itself

Amanda would make a great Javert.

Taylor can’t sing that good or act..So sad..I really had high hopes for this movie…..

Erm, no. I will still prefer Lea Michele over Taylor anytime.

Erm, I’m not a huge fan of Lea but I will still prefer her over Taylor anytime.

Omg all you taylor haters; STFU
Have you guys even seen taylor act?
She’s amazing!..
Plus if she cant sing, then why did she have a sold out tour. So all you haters should get off your computers and get a freakin life!

I REALLY HATE TAYLOR SWIFT.SHE CAN T SING,SHE HAS BAD SONGS,SHE HAS SMALL EYES ,AND NOW WILL BE IN A MOVIE??? IS A REALLY BAD IDEA.

I love Taylor but it’s so hard trying to imagine her voice singing Eponine songs. Lea Michele is no doubt perfect for this role.

Such a bad decision…. BAD! Leah should have this part hands down. Taylor is sooooo weak!!!! Movie will totally suck with her presence.

Wow such negativity ….Happy New Year …..
Guess Everyone is a critic. A lot of talent
in this Movie.

Good Luck to Taylor and the rest of the cast!

Did it ever occur that maybe Tom Hooper the director knows something you don’t -that Taylor Swift CAN act and sing. And her presence in the movie will introduce this story to a new generation of fans all over the world.

Gurn Blanston @ 01/05/2012 at 2:39 pm

Why you gotta be so mean? I love Taylor as do millions of others. I was at her 50,000 plus stadium show in Dallas this year and let me tell you that girl can sing. So give her a chance, even if you know nothing about her and are going with those standard put-downs that are so cliche. She won the role. It wasn’t given to her.

speaktruth @ 01/05/2012 at 3:19 pm

@speaktruth: why is my comment awaiting moderation? o.0

@wonderstruck to paulie:

Yes, you’re a Taylor Swift fan but not a Musical Theatre fan. No offense to Taylor, I like some of her music, but she doesn’t have the acting skills or the voice to pull of this character. Lea Michelle has done it before and can damn well do it again.

Gurn Blanston @ 01/06/2012 at 1:39 pm

Never seen or really cared about Les Miserables, but given this outpouring of excess estrogen, I will now buy a ticket to see what all the fuss is about.

If they r gonna offer Taylor Swift is part of Eponine, why not offer Justin Bieber the part of Marius, that would make about as much sense!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 » Show All