Gerard Butler: 'Coriolanus' Special Screening!

Gerard Butler: 'Coriolanus' Special Screening!

Gerard Butler suits up in Louis Vuitton for a special screening of his new film, Coriolanus, on Thursday (January 5) at The Curzon Mayfair in London, England.

The 42-year-old Scottish stud stars as Tullus Aufidius in the drama/thriller, which centers around “a banished hero of Rome [who] allies with a sworn enemy to take his revenge on the city.”

Ralph Fiennes co-stars in the movie, which he also directed. Jessica Chastain, Vanessa Redgrave, and Brian Cox round out the cast.

Last month, Gerard spent time recovering from a scary surfing incident while he was filming his other movie, Of Men and Mavericks, in Northern California.

gerard butler coriolanus special screening 01
gerard butler coriolanus special screening 02
gerard butler coriolanus special screening 03
gerard butler coriolanus special screening 04
gerard butler coriolanus special screening 05

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 78 » Show All
Can'tGetEnough @ 01/05/2012 at 2:55 pm

Lovely!! Looking HOT GB!!

Joie de Vivre @ 01/05/2012 at 2:55 pm

Butler please step this way and let me help you with that rogue tuft of hair….there we go! Beautiful smile, lovely man!

Looking good Mr Butler, just goes to show what a difference a weeks R&R does for the body and soul…..

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 01/05/2012 at 3:02 pm

What a difference a week makes!
The weird (artistic poet) person in me loves the cobblestone street. It’s so the old story.
He’s always got the right hand tucked in his pocket. Think he holds a good-luck charm or something? His secrets have secrets.
~K
who has a new backdrop for her computer screen :o) :o)

Can'tGetEnough @ 01/05/2012 at 3:02 pm

@Joie de Vivre: Joie, is that YOU dragging him away??? I thought you were just fixing his hair! Sheesh! LOL =)

Joie de Vivre @ 01/05/2012 at 3:05 pm

@Can’tGetEnough: What can I say, CGE?? LOL!! It will be a day of mourning for me when he cuts that hair…..

Can'tGetEnough @ 01/05/2012 at 3:07 pm

@Joie de Vivre: I’ll be needing an entire box of tissues! LOL

Joie de Vivre @ 01/05/2012 at 3:11 pm

@Can’tGetEnough: I’ll be putting in for bereavement leave!! HAHA! Oh, and BEST OF LUCK to all involved for the success of this long-awaited film. Sure to be a masterpiece!

OMG!!! He’s HOT!!!

Can'tGetEnough @ 01/05/2012 at 3:16 pm

Picture # 2! The perfect smile! The crinkle in his nose! The piece of hair that’s askew! Who’s feeling it???

I wish that he or an assistant had combed the stray hair away from his forehead before photographs, but perhaps he’s in a bit of wind. Other than that he looks wonderful!!! Beautiful smile and happy eyes!

Swannie

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 01/05/2012 at 3:16 pm

It comes here starting the 20th! Hope it fairs well. Can’t wait to see it, even if it is all about bloody revenge. Eek! All I know is reviews have been good. And for a first time directing, that must really make Ralph’s family, friends, and colleagues (staff and crew) very happy… that he’s that talented, wise. Here’s wishing it makes a (big) profit!!
~K
who’ll see it twice because I can :o)

fan megan fox @ 01/05/2012 at 3:17 pm

post megan

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 01/05/2012 at 3:22 pm

@SwansongPaisley:
Here’s the weird one in me, I like the wisp, and the imperfectness of it all. It’s perfect in its imperfection, much like him.
Word is it is cold. Freezing. Must have been windy and a wild piece of his mustang mane, I mean, hair just wouldn’t or couldn’t be controlled (much like him).
~K

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 01/05/2012 at 3:26 pm

@redOctober:
Oh my–that’s the one I selected for my desktop blown (gulp) up. Heavens. No, it does look cold. Cold enough to water his eyes? Or that could be from the wind or welled full of emotion like men in love?
~K
who needs to get back to work… if she can concentrate! LOL

@GerrysFascinatingWoman:

It’s about 8c here in London but add the wind chill to that, it’s about 0c. The winds were blowing at about 30mph earlier, (I now have no fence left), they are down to about 15mph now but in the small streets around Mayfair it probably would have felt a lot worse.

Can'tGetEnough @ 01/05/2012 at 3:28 pm

@GerrysFascinatingWoman: “who needs to get back to work… if she can concentrate! LOL”

Yeaaa, good luck with that! =)

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 01/05/2012 at 3:42 pm

@niknoks:
That’s cold. That’s how it was here yesterday. But here, if you don’t like the weather, just give it 24-hours. As is the case, it is much milder here today.
Poor Pooh Bear, Oh, those pesky hardships of the rich and famous. Kidding. And why can’t they wear coats? Not cool? Photos inside? Not cool either? Hope the suit is at least wool!
@Can’tGetEnough:
Seriously. And no way will I minimize my screen to see that smile. (melting into a pool of sugar right about… now) LOL
~K
another high for Gerry… and tomorrow when he wakes and the party’s over… it’ll be just another day… wonderin’ how he handles all this WOWness of his life?

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 01/05/2012 at 3:52 pm

Someone said, maybe at the other thread that Vanessa looked beautiful. She does. That generation of actresses have, for the most part, such presence, style and grace. An understated beauty that wells up from inside. Hear she’s marvelous in this as well.
~K
who likes ‘old’ people and thinks Gerry does too and that souls can be ageless and his is all shiny like the tumbled pearl he is–literally who never knew after saying that for so long it would come true!

I like the pics where his hair looks darker and you can see that touch of silver at the temples, and yes…they brushed that sweet little strand away for photos! He looks so sharp! WOW!

Swannie