Gerard Butler: Surfing Accident Was A 'Close Call'

Gerard Butler: Surfing Accident Was A 'Close Call'

Gerard Butler ducks out of The Box nightclub on Friday (January 6) in London, England.

The night before, the 42-year-old Scottish actor attended a special screening of his new movie Coriolanus.

Gerard also recently appeared on The Graham Norton Show where he talked about his scary surfing accident while filming his other movie, Of Men and Mavericks, in Northern California.

“[The waves] just took me in, and I couldn’t get up. It was pretty hairy. It was maybe of of the few times that reports were not exaggerated. It was a pretty close call,” he shared.

“I was actually in the ambulance and wanted to go back, which was a little crazy. But [surfing is] pretty addictive,” Gerry added.

FYI: Gerard is wearing Joe’s Classic Fit with Rogue‘s leather biker jacket.

gerard butler box nightclub 01
gerard butler box nightclub 02
gerard butler box nightclub 03
gerard butler box nightclub 04
gerard butler box nightclub 05

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 732 » Show All

@bystander: We all have our bad moments, part of life that we would like to ignore, but it’s there. I learned to accept those moments as part of my existence…sleep well tomorrow is another say.
Sometimes people write here how they expect Gerry to amuse them, but Gerry is not our clown.

@chicken little:

um…er…wtf?

sure wish i hadn’t read that……wish even more that gerry should have stayed home with his mom that night…….not a place i’d go to for sure….i’ll try not to judge but………….

…….ew….NOOOOOOOooooooo

..my phannie glasses are sure foggin up again…..,gulp

God Bless yoou all! @ 01/07/2012 at 5:36 pm

Matthew 5:16
New International Version
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

@chicken little: I have to agree with you. That explains why he looked miserable. He wasn’t happy that the paps caught him at The Box.
GB was looking healthy, refreshed, and rejuvenated just the day before, so I don’t think he’s run down in any way.
I think he was p’issed that the paps caught him at this place.

Can'tGetEnough @ 01/07/2012 at 5:49 pm

After reading the article about The Box, I’m wondering if Gerry just looks sick from what he saw inside, worn out because he enjoyed it or embarrassed that the paps caught him coming out of such a place! I’m not going to speculate any further then that. LOL

Some GB sightings:

JackMathew Jack Mathew Williams
Gerard Butler is sitting right next to me in The Grove #lovinglife
1 hour ago

Chelsea Dowie
Sitting next to Gerard Butler….. Ekkkkk #fml
1 hour ago

Mindyd78 Mirinda Dawkins
Gerard Butler is sitting inches away from my sister at The Grove Hotel in Herts. I am so JEL right now…have ordered her to kidnap him!
54 minutes ago

@wtf?:

If you want to find out about The Box I suggest you go to their website, don’t read The Daily Mail, they hate anything and anybody that isn’t white, Christian, straight and British. It’s the darling newspaper of the right-wing. Their rants are quite amusing though. ;-)
A few pics of GB when he isn’t happy or smiling and the psycho-analysis starts….. could it just be he’s tired, sick of the paps and didn’t want his photo taken… ?

@Can’tGetEnough:
Gerry has been to The Box before, as I recall. So I think he knows what it’s all about.

@Can’tGetEnough:
“I’m wondering if Gerry just looks sick from what he saw inside, worn out because he enjoyed it or embarrassed that the paps caught him coming out of such a place!”
ITAWY. The place is disgusting. Trust me, you wouldn’t want your kids anywhere near that place.
BTW, what is he doing in a gay bar?
@niknoks:
I agree with the daily mail, they have standards. Too much permissiveness, takes you down the road of deterioration of morals. Some of us have higher standards than the usual lowlife that hangs out at The Box.

@Can’tGetEnough:
BTW, what is he doing in a gay bar?

I thought my first comment didn’t post, but I guess it has.
@kat:
Yes, I think I read an article about a year ago about him going there after it first opened. Still….what is he thinking?
And besides, from the look of him he seems totally uninterested or bored, even disappointed or something. Very weird look on him.

@Sharon:

I’m not r.acist, x.enophobic or h.omophobic so generally the Daily Mail doesn’t appeal to me. They do have standards though, really poor journalistic ones, it makes Fox News look relatively balanced. You only have to look at the people that write for them, Melanie Phillips, Jan Moir, Richard LittleJohn ( someone that even Rupert Murdoch didn’t want working for him) and then there is David Starkey.

I don’t think you know too much about The Box as it is not a and never has been a ‘Gay’ bar.

@kat:

Whoa, hey, wait a minute now…..What’s so bad about The Box? Burlesque shows are so much fun. But certainly not for virgin eyes. I’ve only been to The Box in NYC, but I love it.

&&&&&&&

GB get some rest and a home cooked meal darling! But you still great. :)

Wait I just re-read, is The Box in London totally different from
The Box in NYC? If so, sorry about the above post. Never been to the one on London.

A few crappy pics of the Butler and peeps go over the deep end. This is one restless man. I’ll look forward to the next batch of photos that show him at his best: energized and upbeat!

Swannie

@Moi:

There is nothing wrong with The Box, you’re exactly right it’s a burlesque cabaret show, apparently at the one in London (can’t speak for NYC) it’s done in a quite a comedic way as well, I haven’t been but I have friends that have and they had a blast.

@niknoks:
LOL, to you people with some interest in morality are r.acist, x.enophobic or h.omophobic. To me they are only people with differing opinions than the usual Lett doctrines that are taught in British schools.
Maybe you should be a bit more tolerant of others view point since you speak so much about tolerating all these other groups???
what do you call the gay Burlesque show?

@niknoks:
I suggest you go before you tell us what it is

@niknoks:

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering. I love the shows. They do get dirtier the later it gets. You’re right, it’s like a mixture of comedy and eroticism that’s makes for great Burlesque. Lots of fun.

@Sharon:

You’re the one with such strong views on it so I can only assume you have been. I’ve been to burlesque shows before in Paris and Milan and they are a lot less reserved than ones in the UK, I know exactly what they are and entail, The Box is just another burlesque club.
Being sexuaIIy repressed and having a problem with the naked form doesn’t make you any more moralistic than the next person.

#34: He sounds adventurous and willing to try anything. I guess twice in this instance.

@chicken little:
ewwwwwww………
I know I’m a provincial American but… ewwwwwwww……….
Sorry but that is just…. well… ewwwwwww…….
For the sexually open-minded? What is open-minded about watching a guy please himself with a vodka bottle. Seriously??? That’s entertaining??? Sounds like scenes out of Caligula – Table for Many please… The owner of the club says it is just warming up. What are they going to do next? Cue the livestock???
And that is what the elite and celebrities do huh? I’m suddenly glad I’m not running in those circles.
Maybe Butler was ducking in shame… If he wasn’t he should be…

@Manny:

Well I’ve been to The Box twice and never saw a show quite that *clears throat* um ( trying to think of the appropriate word. Bottle masturbatory?). Like I said, it’s not for virgin eyes and yes, you do have to be pretty sexually open minded. But let’s stay calm, it’s not Boys Town, Mexicoesque by any means.

Can'tGetEnough @ 01/07/2012 at 8:06 pm

GB at the game tomorrow???

Ann Gallagher
Seemingly Gerard Butler is in my hometown of Peterhead for their game against Celtic tomorrow, and Rod Stewart and Sean Connery!!! Aye right
7 hours ago

Ann Gallagher
Its confirmed Gerard Butler was on the Celtic team coach so he is here to see the game tomorrow – YUM! Pity im not going :-( no ticket!!
6 hours ago