Kristen Stewart: Balenciaga's Newest Spokeswoman!

Kristen Stewart: Balenciaga's Newest Spokeswoman!

Kristen Stewart has been named the spokeswoman for Balenciaga‘s newest fragrance, Women’s Wear Daily reports.

The 21-year-old Twilight actress will be the face of the new scent – which will be released in the fall!

Kristen embodies the modernity of the new Balenciaga fragrance with her unique sensibility and intelligence” creative director Nicolas Ghesquière said of Kristen.

Balenciaga has always stood out to me,” Kristen told the magazine. “Even when I first began to consider fashion and admittedly rarely knew the brand I was wearing, I always recognized and loved Balenciaga.”

“It feels full circle to be involved with something that spoke to me then and of course continues to excite me now,” Kristen continued. “The brand is just cool. That’s the way it is. I feel drawn to it. It provokes on a number of levels. It isn’t afraid or contrived. It hits a very cool balance, always. Always pretty undeniable.”

Credit: Jason Merritt; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Kristen Stewart

Christopher Polk/Getty

That’s a nice mix I am sure she will do great, cant wait to see the photos

Good for her! But I hope after this, she won’t complain again about fame or being in the center of attention. You can’t want this when you sign to do another big movie and become the face of Balenciaga perfume.

I’m really shocked to be honest. I never thought she’d endorse a fashion line. It’s crazy because she always complained about how she didn’t care about fashion and how the media was always percieving her. Wow. Still have my mouth hanging open.

“I’m so glad I’m not one of those actresses who sells themselves.” Kristen Stewart. 2011.

not surprised @ 01/13/2012 at 4:13 am

I never saw Kristen ever doing something like this. This is a complete contradiction to everything she has said and complained about. This is proof of how fame changes people in an instant.

WHY? more importantly,WHY?

She knows that if she doesn’t sell herself they’ll trade her in for somebody new…starlets are a dime a dozen

What happened to Kristen Stewart? She’s doing all these magazine covers and now fashion endorsements. What in the world happened to the Kristen Stewart who not long ago said she didn’t care about fashion. A year ago!

Hahaha. Typical new hollywood famewhore on the way. That statement has to be the biggest joke of the century.

wow, this makes me sad !
Balenciaga is my favorite brand and they always have the coolest people to present them. I just think, that she is boring to look at and is not a REAL inspiration as their former face of a perfume – Charlotte Gainsbourg. I’m kind of in shock. This will only make little teen girls buy the parfume.

Hahaha. New typical hollywood famewhore.

Hey JJ, how come you didn’t include the rest of her statement on her movies. Smart move. While selling the brand she was selling OTR, BD, and SWATH. Now that is what I call smart press move!

april fools…?

Damnnn! Her press team is gooooood! Kim Kardashian should invest in her press tream!

There would be nothing wrong with her doing something like this unless the two faced famewhore didn’t say thing like hating selling herself and complaining about not being taken ‘seriously as an actor’. New famewhore in town people

There would be nothing wrong with her doing something like this unless the two faced famewhore didn’t say something like hating people selling themselves and complaining about not being taken ‘seriously as an actor’. New famewhore in town people

All of this ” Kristen told the magazine” sounds SO FAKE
like she had to say something to promote it, something she doesn’t really mean!

that is it guys: MONEY ALWAYS speaks louder ;)

Looney tunes @ 01/13/2012 at 5:12 am

I have to agree. That statement has to be fake and total bs. This whole spokesperson thing has to be a joke

@Angela can you show me the link of that “statement” and in what interview exactly she ever said that thing?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t recall her ever made any statement exactly like what you said!
And what is it with you guys saying “she’s the typical HW famewhore” crap? She could’ve just easily doing this stuff when the first twi movie came out and got hits. That would be “the proof of how fame changes people in an instant.”
It sounds like most of the comments complaining about her being the new ambassador are made by one (or two) people saying the same sh*t over and over again. Get over yourself!

damn i cant buy bags of this brand now. again stupid face.

People will get bored of her monoexpression looking on her face

@Bleh: Agree with Balenciaga (I’m still shocked, i never thought she would do something with fashion) but the big movie, Snow White, it’s kind of normal. When, as an actor, you have this great opportunity to play a strong and fragile at the same time character, so representative of many things, with a great cast, with new experiences like filming with horses etc… you just can’t refuse it. Even if you dislike the fame that comes with it. Like when you want to be actor, I think you can’t complain about paparazzi. You can be mad at them, hate them, but can’t complain. Because it’s a part of the success, of the wonderful job of actor, it’s the “dark side” of it.

@Sabrina: No, I don’t say she shoudnt do big movies. She is an actress and she will try everything as an actress. The thing I meant was about her attitude and her complains about being the center of attention. I see a contradiction between her words and actions.

How lse is going too keep her name out there.She can either slobber Rob down in public,Attend all of these ridiculous openings an events,Have a public feud with someone,or just appear as some kind of drug addict. Kiera,Emma,and Charlize are all spokespersons for a perfume. Kristen said in a recent interview that she likes dresses and skirts has penty of them but usually ends up in jeans. People are allowed too grow up and maybe that is what she’s doing becoming a woman and trying too leave the tomboy behind.that is if you want too compete in Hollywood.

@Bleh: But she never tried to be good in something (i know she was good in The Runaways but c’mon, she was playing herself)

longchamp @ 01/13/2012 at 8:40 am

oh, balenciaga… really?! that jay leno chin in your ads?… my fantasies about balenciaga are at a full stop now.

Charlotte @ 01/13/2012 at 9:06 am

She had to do something to become more grown up. This is a great move and I can not believe her team got her to do it. She is not a HW fame ***** just a smart young woman slowly coming to terms with herself. Good move for Balenciaga to get the younger market.

siennagold @ 01/13/2012 at 9:50 am

I like her eyes however she does have a prominent chin. She could be Jay Leno’s daughter. :p

kingkasyski @ 01/13/2012 at 10:11 am

People grow and people try new things ,she could have been in so many adds 3 years ago,this is the first time shes doing this ,give her a freaking break,her millions of fans will be with her all the way 100%,whichever endeavor she’ll take.

@Bleh: She is not complaining about the fame. It’s the papparazzi she has a problem with. And who doesn’t? I’m not famous and I still wanna punch them in the face!

@trudes: We are talking about you right?

@drugged: You should look at yourself in the mirror, that would get you even more bored!

You know if you’re going to post the same comments over and over, you should at least be smart about it. Two posts about her chin is a dead giveaway. Is there some beacon that goes off so the Kristen haters (most of which hate her because they want her boyfriend) can flock to a site to either post the same hate comments or vote against her in a poll. These people need to get a life. Jealousy isn’t attractive.

sorry but kristen can do whatever she wants !!!! and i think it’s great!
she maybe said she won’t sell her like the others hollywood’s (stupid) starlets, that means she won’t sell her privacy!
she has her job and business on one side but want to keep her private life private !
she is much more intelligent than any of you because she doesn’t care about crazy and mean people like you!

go for it kristen! you are the best

Kristen es muy fea

kristen always face is vomiting and also cross-eyed

shocked @ 01/13/2012 at 4:09 am
I agree. Nice little speech she made too, didn’t sound contrived at all lol
I respected her wanting it to be all about her Art, but didn’t like her attitude. She wasn’t engaging, she just sounded like a whiny child.
Now this turnaround. She’s becoming more like mainstream Hollywood.
Outside of Twilight, she hasn’t been a draw to the theaters. No knock on her, just the truth. She’s a decent actress, although she is in need of some growth including a wider emotional range. But she did fill theater seats with her other projects and her ‘attitude’ wasn’t helping the matter. Nothing wrong with changing her mind, but it seems so out of character with the image she was trying to project.
I guess maybe that adverse publicity about her attitude may have hit home and she realized that it wasn’t going to help her career and she needed to be more relatable, oh, and the money doesn’t hurt. That statement ” it isn’t afraid or contrived’, made me laugh out loud. It just sounds like she’s so full of it. Maybe she loves all the attention now and is all for being a player. .

@yaas: Finally someone with brain! As an actress,her job is to sell her IMAGE,not her personal life and I don’t see why this makes her a famewhore! It’s her job and she has never complained about it. She hate paps like ALL HOLLYWOOD ACTORS. She has never said that hates to be in talkshows,or on magazines,or at premieres.
She has never said that she doesn’t like fashion. If you only read her interviews,you should know that she likes to wear such beautiful dresses,but in her everyday life she preferes to be confortable with jeans and converse. That’s it. That dosen’t mean that she is an hypocrite only because she will put her face for Balenciaga.
Stop being narrow minded!!

Anyway Congratulations! Good choice!

She is a terrible actress, sorry…

@danielik: …says the one that has only seen the Twilight teaser trailer. I’m joking :)
I think that you should see some others movies like the Runaways and Welcome to the Rileys or The yellow handkerchief. She’s great in that and she has not one expression like haters say.
All her co-stars and directors say that she’s one of the best actress around,and I agree.

Girlygirl @ 01/13/2012 at 2:02 pm

Her statement regarding this venture is on the level of a high school junior. She really needs to work on her public persona. I’m not talking about selling out, only refining her presentation. She really does seem to have a hard time making clear declarative statements.

Rose&Sage @ 01/13/2012 at 2:35 pm

kristen increasingly looks more like Rossie O’Donell lesbian.no seems I can not believe that Bella would choose to play if drug is always placed

Rose&Sage @ 01/13/2012 at 2:54 pm

kristen and robert are the new Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain in their relationship there only drugs

It’s simple: she really wanna look like a bad girl but, lit’s be honest: she’s just normal as a high school girl. but probably, with more money.

It’s simple: she really wanna look like a bad girl but, let’s be honest: she’s just normal as a high school girl. but probably, with more money.

Rose&Sage @ 01/13/2012 at 6:06 pm

because kristen already accepted the role of Snow White. because being surrounded by snow reminded him of cocaine

Rose&Sage @ 01/13/2012 at 6:16 pm

kristen looks of smell

Ugh.. As a high designer purse & fashion enthusiast, I really can’t see Kristen as the face of Balenciaga. Maggie Q, Nina Dobrev, Kate Winslet, etc are more likely choices. Of course Angelina is the face of LV.

I DO NOT think she is attractive. She has such a man face!

Rose&Sage @ 01/13/2012 at 9:16 pm

kristen is similar to the teen mom janelle

Obviously, she really loves her Hollywood good games money, just don’t get it how she will spend them though, she’s practically never went to salon, hair care or wearing cute dress from designer label everyday, she’s all about skinny jeans and sneakers. don’t she have wash her hair for days anyway.

SHOCKED.
How I will imagine those scent by looking the ad with her not washing hair, don’t know.

@Rose&Sage: I think you can exceed them.

@Rose&Sage: and I bet you will see it because it reminds you of cocaine too.

Kristen lo único que podria anunciar es colonia para los piojos

@reba: I agree. She really has a manly face and chin reminds of Aniston,s chin.

Some of you are so blinded by your hatred for Kristen and the evidence is in your horrible comments that resemble an attack instead of a harmless comment section. She’ll be 22 in a few months. she may have not always been into high end fashion but in recent interviews she has revealed her newfound discovery of fashion. She even admitted that she has fun with it now. Even though she still prefers her skinny jeans, tees and sneakers, she always brings it to red carpet functions when promoting her films. Just because her and boyfriend Robert Pattinson like to keep things simple in the dress department, it doesn’t mean that she’s not wearing a designer tee or jeans. She carries posh Mulberry luggage, was papped in Burberry boots & winter coat during New Moon Paris promo on her downtime, so she has really been into high end fashion for awhile now. Also, she never complained about fame but it’s no secret how much she hates rude paps who follow her and Rob everywhere.

I think Balenciaga is focused on the same style of women to promote their brand. I’m not surprised they chosed her, she’s like Charlotte Gainsbourg: off red carpet, she’s a rock girl, with tomboy style, not really kind to care of make up and fashion. She’s wild.
It’s an excellent choice, young girls love her.

Concerning Kristen’s choice, I agree with most of you. She’s not logical at all.
But they offered her million dollars, she couldn’t resist. That’s all. And simple.

lmao at the comment of WHY? I’ll tell you why… Kristen Stewart is a classic Hollywood wannabee. First off when she is not on the red carpets she wears jeans, tshirts & smelly looking sneakers. Balenciaga is high fashion & classy clothing. SO NOT KRISTEN. This is just plain old marketing & keeping Kristen relevant after Twilight is soon to be at the end..I just love it when Im right about people.. especially liars like KStew ..:)

dumbwomen @ 01/15/2012 at 3:13 am

I see it’s the same Nonstens typing comments and liking them repeatedly. Famewhore? Name one a-list actress that hasn’t done the same thing. Nonstens are obsessed with Kristen because she’s everything they will NEVER be. Doesn’t RPatz have some movie coming out that can draw their interest?

@Bleh:

ffs she’s complained about certain aspects of her experience being a famous person, not all of it! You haters love to pick and choose quotes and present them out of context to bolster your hate. She’s been very vocal about how grateful she is for the opportunities to read better scripts because of Twilight, and something tells me a certain guy named Rob makes her realize it was all meant to be.

@wtf:

people change, become more open-minded. she said she was taking time to find out more about what she likes and can achieve. shows maturity and willingness to expand her horizions and grow. she certainly doesn’t need the money.

marabelle @ 01/15/2012 at 2:49 pm

OMG! Why all the hate for KStew? Some of you act as if you know her personally by throwing out all these out of context comments she has made in the past. You act as if she is not allowed to change her mind and opinion as she gets older. I think she is an excellent choice as a spokesperson for this brand. Balenciaga certainly seems to think so and they have a very successful empire. Haters are always going to hate no matter how ridiculous their arguments or reasons. I say, “Good for you, Kristen! Make the haters look like the idiots they truly are!”

She’s selling a product, not herself. If she were selling herself, she’d be telling all you dumbasses about her personal life, her family life, her past relationships, oh and some nude videos and pics for good measure just so it can be printed and reprinted in all the trash magazines to get her ‘famewhore’ attention. Some ‘TV personalities’ are really good at that.

sell yourself is let people could be part of your privacy life like justin bieber or selena also she never said that she hate fashion she just prefer jeans come on people always complain about everything

For one dont hate kristen. She seems okay.
But she always says stuff in her interviews about fame (yes i read her interviews she talks about it) she hates the paps, yes.
but she always says stuff about how she doesn’t sell herself and ****.
well shes endorsing a product. quite shocked. she seemed like she would never endorse a product. she probably doesn’t even use it.
shes more of a comfortable girl, she likes her jeans and shirts.
not heels and skirts etc. dont find this at all logical for them to pick her.
I do find her pretty though.

yes but they should of gone with a different girl, plus i find the whole telling a magazine thing to be BS. yeah shes changed alright.

@not surprised: agreed with you there!

@r: people have an opinion. calm down. jeesh. your probably an obsessive/stalkerish krisbian. like they all are.

billionairefriendscom @ 01/15/2012 at 9:38 pm

@auwwww: @Dina: Yes, it is. You know what. I think B i l l i o n a i r e F r i e n d s . C O Mit’s a good pla’ce to me’et sweet friend even rich sin’gles. I am certain I can me;et a ri;ch man there, b’ecause I am at the begin;ning of my car;eer and I would like someone’s sup;port.

She is not looking cool.Why she have not wear good dress.
Medicare Competitive Bidding Consultant

Cut her some slack. She did say that she was beginning to discover fashion. And what’s wrong with endorsing a fragrance? Does it mean that unfashionable people should stink?

OMG you’re so absurd. Kristen can’t be Balenciaga’s new face,because in her everyday life she doesn’t wear Balenciaga dresses?? I remember Natalie Portaman. She was the face of Gucci (I’m not sure about the brand) but if you see her in her everyday life,she puts on train suits,sneakers,yoga pants,not surely Gucci’s dresses. What’s the difference? The same for Reese Witherspoon. She has a prominent chin,even if she was the face for Avon. Nobody complained about her,’cause she is not Kristen Stewart,of course >_<
I would like to see you girls! I’m sure that in this moment you wear with nice dresses and *****. Please -.-”
And for the millionth time, KRISTEN HAS NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT HER JOB. When she says “I’m not selling myself”,she means that she isn’t selling HER LIFE to the paps,she doesn’t want to cheapen her story with Rob. Working doesn’t mean selling herself. She is the face of Balenciaga. She isn’t telling you all her private stuff. I think that you read only what can permit you to complain about her. How obtuse people you are!!

@r:

Did it ever occur to you that the reason she did not do this when the first Twi movie came out was because she had her first three movies to do and did not believe that she needed to ***** herself out. Now the movies are finished and nobody will give her anything else on the silver platter like she received before – she will easily be forgotten because she is a bad actress and is very unliked by lots of people…

@Aria: I would really love to rate your comment +1000, but unfortunately I can’t! Well said!
And there are tons of actresses who always say they want their privacy and they are private , like Keira Knightley, Emma Watson or world acclaimed actresses like Kate Winslet or Julia Roberts who have done fragrances. But I don’t see any hate towards them (which none of them deserves, of course).
But you know what, I get it! All of you are not jealous of Kate Winslet or Keira Knightley because you like their boyfriends, but you ARE jealous of Kristen because you like HER boyfriend! See, it’s simple, you are all just jealous ******! It makes perfect sense!

@A: kinda like you.

@lizlemon:

Just saying it as i see it. Wouldn’t touch her boyfriend either.

@lizlemon: Thank you! I would do the same with your comments too and I’m happy that you understand what I mean,’cause I’m not english so I’m not sure if it’s right what I write xD
I’m so sick of people that read,watch and listen to what they want to read,watch and listen. All her directors and her co-stars had a VERY good opinion about her approch to her job. Surely they know much more about acting then all of you!
She is very serious and she chooses her roles with intelligence and not for money.
Nobody knew that Twilight would have such a great success. She signed for On the Road and Welcome to the Rileys,when Twilight wasn’t even in the theatre,so stop saying BS,beacuse you don’t know anymore how complain about her!!
You say that she complains about everything,but in reality you haters complain about her ALL THE F. TIME!

actually kind of disappointed in kristen..
i was a fan of hers because of her down to earth, anti-hollywood attitude, most definitely not because of her acting.
now she’s just showing the signs of becoming another shallow product

I’m not totally surprised by this. While Kristen and Balenciaga don’t seem to fit well together, I do think Kristen has been trying to slowly but surely change her persona a bit. I thought back when she started doing promotion for the last Twilight movie that she’d had some media training (although she’d previously stated she wouldn’t do it). Not to mention, she’s gotten on a diet (I believe it was GQ where she stated she got healthy meals delivered to her in a box). Plus, there was that Mulberry show she went to where she talked about how she loved the fashion. Please, that only contradicted everything she’d ever said about clothes before. She’s doing whatever her people are telling her to in order to establish her name for a long-term career beyond Twilight because no one takes her seriously now. I don’t like it because it IS selling out, and I got the impression she wasn’t the type.

I agree when you say that some people don’t take her seriously,but only because of Twilight. She will be associate to Twilight for a long time,as Emma Watson will be associate to HP. I’m sure that the fashion brands ask to the celebrities to put their faces for them,I don’t think that actresses go around asking to fashion brands to be their spokeswomen. You give to this “job” so many importance. It’s not like her face for Balenciaga will give her a Oscar or,as you say, will establish her name for a long-term career. If she will play a good role in a very good movie,she will have a great career. That’ it. All the other actresses spent their time saying “I’m very down earth,I wear only jeans and t-shirt” and then put their face for some brands,so I don’t see the difference.
This is not selling. This is doing her job. And when she says “I’m not selling myself”,she refers to her story with Rob.
I would be disappointed if she would said “I’ m not selling out”,and that she sell her story to magazines telling every details about her story with Rob.

@Rose: I don’t agree with you. When she was at the Mulberry show she said that she didn’t have Mulberry clothes,but she has Mulberry luggages. She also said that she liked the clothes that she enjoied the show,but her style it’s much more easier. I don’t know if you have read her interview on Vouge Italia,but she says that she has a lot of dresses that she puts in her luggage because she thinks that she can puts them on in some situations,but all the time she ends up wearing with jeans,sneakers and t-shirts. I think that sometimes we forgot that she is only 21 (when she became famous she was only 18) and not all the girls at this age are into fashion. When she said that she didn’t mind about fashion,she was 18/19. I don’t see nothing wrong changing her mind. She is not a girl anymore,she’s becoming a woman.

@Rose: Sorry for my grammar :( I’m not english -.-”

@lucy: How??? For crying out loud, tell me how???? Because she’ll have her picture on a fragance ad, and because she went to one damn fashion show?? Are Kate Winslet, Natalie Portman and Keira Knightley shallow products too? Well if you believe that, then you’re too touchy and sensitive!
Not even one person in here has a reasonable argument about this whole thing! Not a single person!

@Aria: No, your comments are very good and make perfect sense grammatically! :)

@lizlemon: Thank you :D and I would like to add something.
You say that she doesn’t care about fashion,but she has accepted this job only for money. Do you really think that she needs money?? The Twilight Saga has gave to her (and Rob and Taylor) everything. Behind the movies there is a rich franchising.
If money was her interest,when Summit asked her to not cut her hair for the role of Joan Jett,she would accept a great amount of money,but she didn’t care. And then there were more rescue ’cause the fans could have been very disappointed in her,but she prefered to concentrate on her role in the Runaways.
I’ve one more thing to say and then I’ve done. In all her interviews of the last 2 years she says always that she would not change her life right now,’cause she has so many job opportunities and she has the priviledge to choose between so many good project. That’s mean that directors consider her a talented actress,and I’m sure she will do her job for a long time. If you only had read the latest interviews (and not the old ones,when she was only 18 and she wasn’t confortable about the fame,the tv shows,the interview…),you would know what I’m saying and you would understand this simple things.

what seems interesting is these people took the time to read this article about kristen: read it, stated their anger/hatred/disapproval.
why waste your precious time on somebody you donot like?

simple answer is JEALOUSY!

BALENCIAGA made the correct choice – KRISTE

Talent, quite beauty, innocent sensuality, spunk and a touch of MYSTERY. Who else can accomplish w/ the look of DEEP GREEN EYES? Only Kristen Stewart.

Reading through these comments i can tell the right kind of people hate Kristen Stewart for the right reasons.

Case in point, most of them cant even use proper grammar and spelling when posting their childish insults and vitriol OVER and OVER again on here (pathetic).

Good for Kristen landing a deal for a fashion line she genuinely likes.
A lovely face for a lovely brand.

Cant wait for her ads to show up in magazines so i can pin them up on my wall <3 and I'll be sure to check out the perfume as well.

@Aria:

Aria, your english may be broken but you speak with more logic and insight than almost all the other commenters on here put together
wel done.

@katniss: Yeah,you know,I should read my comment and correct my grammar before submit it. I realize that I wrote something incorrect,only when I’ve just submitted it :/ Anyway thank you so much :) I’m happy that you understand what I mean. Some comments are really stupid,full of hate and without any logic. You can find her not so beautiful,no one said that she’s the most beautiful actress in the world,but it’s stupid thinking that to be on an add you must be the most beautiful woman on earth. I’m even happier for this choice :D

Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful web site.

Thank you very much for great work. Lovely article