Jennifer Lopez: 'American Idol' Ratings Decline in Season 11

Jennifer Lopez: 'American Idol' Ratings Decline in Season 11

Jennifer Lopez poses for a photo with cast members of O By Cirque Du Soleil backstage at the theatre at Bellagio Resort on Thursday (January 19) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The 42-year-old American Idol judge took in a performance of the show earlier in the evening.

Ratings for American Idol are down significantly from last season. Wednesday’s premiere episode featured the biggest ratings drop for the show ever, but still delivered 21.9 million viewers, according to EW.

Thursday’s episode was down 23 percent from the night before to 18 million viewers. The show still easily won both nights in both viewers and the demo.

WENN
  • Lance Armstrong plays golf now after his doping scandal- US Weekly
  • Jay Z and Roc Nation are being sued by a sound engineer- TMZ
  • Watch a trailer for Sharknado 2- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Rixton's cover of Ariana Grande's hit song 'Problem'- Just Jared Jr
  • Courtney Love will be bringing her acting chops to Sons of Anarchy- Entertainment Weekly
  • Columbus Short opens up about his Scandal exit- Huffington Post
  • Read a career prospectus on James Marsden- Lainey Gossip
  • Brazil's loss to Germany in FIFA World Cup blows up Twitter- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Elisabetta Canalis shows off her bikini body in Italy- Hollywood Tuna

j lo looks so young here.
good for her.

I predict the start of the end of American Idol. Same format, no star emerging and the judges are annoying. Why watch, the luster and newness is gone and it is so boring.

anonymous @ 01/20/2012 at 2:14 pm

Yikes, I hope she doesn’t stab her boytoy with that chin. It looks like sharp weapon.

bobjustbob @ 01/20/2012 at 2:16 pm

hahaha, Someone should put pics of JLO, Reece and Jennifer Aniston side by side and have us vote on worst extra-long chinny-chin-chin!!

” The show still easily won both nights in both viewers and the demo.” – no, it did not. at 8-8:30 timeslot big bang theory was even or better in the demo. in viewers, another close call this time in Idol’s favor (16.2 vs 15.7)

worth mentioning: cbs does not have the final numbers yet while fox corrected theirs

It’s still the Number One Show on all of TV , and Xfactor and Voice don’t even come close.
Your post is decieving.

anonymous @ 01/20/2012 at 2:21 pm

In this pic can see how much her daughter looks like JLO and being that her daughter is average, goes to show without all the bells and whistles and makeup, JLO’s pretty ordinary looking too (good body, ordinary otherwise). And she needs to stop borrowing her child, er, I mean her BF’s jeans LOL.

She’s lost weight. Still looks half her age.

How cute !! she bought her child BF to the circus.Did you buy him popcorn too? LMAO!
Instead entertaining her k-fed look alike She should worry about her job.As she quickly she got it ,she could easily be replaced if the rating don’t go up.Face it JLo you’re no spring chicken.Even with your new wardrobe and botox people are starting to get tired of you.And pretty soon your BF will too.

American Idol is still the best singing competition on Tv, without a doubt. Let’s not forget that without American Idol, we wouldn’t have The Voice or the X-Factor.

I remember watching American Idol when I was a kid and I have done so since its fifth or sixth season (the Taylor Hicks season) and I have to say that it has lost its luster a bit. I kinda am leaning more towards “The Voice” because it’s a change from the sit down and judge routine and I like all the judges. I mean, I like J.lo and Aerosmith but their not my absolute favorite. I will still keep watching though because you never know what could happen…good luck American Idol.

WhatATool @ 01/20/2012 at 3:05 pm

Randy and Tyler are dead weight you know RJ took a pay cut to stay

I don’t think she looks younger in these pics.

JLo-rent – The years are beginning to show, hon. Gravity happens to all of us!

hell, without the makeup & bling, she looks like a boy! Her face is so plain I will NEVER understand they hype regarding her looks. My neighbor’s son is cuter ..

Funny how people said she looks young here because I see the opposite. Her age is beginning to show!

She Stinks! @ 01/20/2012 at 5:00 pm

The public is just tired of having this low class trash in their living rooms three times a week. They are tired of her lack of talent, constant narcissism and self promotion. They are disgusted with her home wrecking lewd disgusting cradle robbing antics!! Say no to JHO Bag!

She’s a untalented bit_ch, she never ever could sing, never been able to act , Fake beyotch she is a Whor_ 1st class all she has going for her is being a Who_e with a Fat Ass. She’s FUGLY as sin. Die JWho_e…..

shoes4life @ 01/20/2012 at 8:54 pm

I can’t watch it because I feel how can J-Lo tell someone they can’t sing when she can’t.

She Stinks! @ 01/20/2012 at 10:08 pm

@camillus: You are my new BFF! Well said, she’s worn out old fat a$s trash with no class and various STDs. A true pig. You rock Camillus!

i haven’t watched since Jordan sparks. now that j-lo’s a judge i cant bring my self to watch because I’m over her and she cant sing herself, and im really into X Factor now.

JLO is such a *****!!!!

at 42 I think she should hang it up for the dancing/trying to sing thing full-time actress would be okay she’s good at that. too old for other stuff that type of music noooooooooooooooo hon