Top Stories

Jude Law Accepts £130,000 Settlement in Phone Hacking Case

Jude Law Accepts £130,000 Settlement in Phone Hacking Case

Jude Law flashes a smile while arriving back home on the Eurostar on Friday (January 20) in London, England.

The 39-year-old British actor had been in France to promote Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows with director Guy Ritchie in Paris.

The day before, Jude accepted a £130,000 settlement plus legal costs from News Group. He had been one of many victims in News of the World‘s phone hacking scandal.

“For several years leading up to 2006, I was suspicious about how information concerning my private life was coming out in the press. I changed my phones, I had my house swept for bugs but still the information kept being published. I started to become distrustful of people close to me,” Jude said in a statement that was read by his lawyer in court.

“I hope this means that they will never invade my privacy again. They have also finally given a proper apology,” he added.

Like Just Jared on Facebook
jude law eurostar london 01
jude law eurostar london 02
jude law eurostar london 03
jude law eurostar london 04
jude law eurostar london 05
jude law eurostar london 06

JJ Links Around The Web

Getty
  • Rob Kardashian is blaming milkshakes for his weight gain - US Weekly
  • A Jason Derulo fans gets upset as her friends party with him - TMZ
  • Miley Cyrus says Donald Trump loved her 2013 VMAs performance - Gossip Cop
  • Watch Fifth Harmony's brand new music video - Just Jared Jr
  • This is why Anna Duggar won't leave cheating husband Josh - Radar
  • The VMAs looked totally different ten years ago - Huffington Post
  • Star Wars star John Boyega is about to blow up - Lainey Gossip
  • Chicago Med just got new showrunners from the Sopranos - The Hollywood Reporter
A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here