Sophia Bush Slams 'Bigots' for Hateful Comments

Sophia Bush Slams 'Bigots' for Hateful Comments

Sophia Bush shops at the Madewell boutique on Thursday (January 19) in Los Angeles.

The 29-year-old actress recently talked politics, saying, “I will not vote for a candidate who thinks you can ‘pray away the gay,’ I will not vote for a candidate who thinks that he has more rights to my uterus than I do, I will not vote for a candidate who thinks that it’s okay to dump toxic waste in the ocean.”

Sophia later took to her WhoSay page to fire back at critics who told her to “kill yourself b—-.”

“I believe in an America where everyone, regardless of party, economic status, sexual orientation, or religious conviction, can live freely. THAT is The UNITED States,” she wrote.

“So why don’t all of you bigots and bitchers work on being proud Americans, who lead by a love-thy-neighbor example, instead of promoting intolerance that this country is supposed to have risen above. Seriously,” Sophia added.

sophia bush madewell 01
sophia bush madewell 02
sophia bush madewell 03
sophia bush madewell 04
sophia bush madewell 05

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
No Other Choice @ 01/20/2012 at 8:54 pm

Vote Paul
Obama is a FAIL

I support you Sophia! Could not agree more!

Love her! She is TOTALLY on point

****VOTE PAUL**** @ 01/20/2012 at 9:21 pm

yep

@No Other Choice: That’s not fair. Obama can sing.

Applause for you Sophia

No Other Choice @ 01/20/2012 at 9:44 pm

yes I do Lisa
two separate thoughts

So, tell me, Sophia…will you vote for a candidate that believes babies born alive after a botched abortion should be thrown away or left to die, or that a woman should be able to have an abortion up to the ninth month? Because that’s what our current president believes. Plus, you do realize our current president is AGAINST gay marriage, like the majority of the black community, don’t you?

Gossipgirl @ 01/20/2012 at 9:50 pm

Believe me Sophia, none of the candidates are interested in your uterus. As Reagan once said, “it’s the economy stupid”.

Gossipgirl @ 01/20/2012 at 9:52 pm

PS: I have watched the debates and noone is advocating dumping toxic waste in the ocean, or trying to stop Gay people from having equal rights. In any event, Ms. Bush would not vote for a Republican, so why does she care. And it’s okay if she moves to Canada, she might actually find work up there.

She benefits every day from the opression of others in her nation.

Obama is the worst thing that ever happened to this country people are so concerned with his celebrity that they dont look at what hes doing. Its truly sad that people have lost all hope for their own country and will just vote for someone simply because they like his personality.

@oh please: Obama is probably the best. The problem is that people have over estimated the president’s power.

@sillyme: The majority of the black community? Wow the racists have come out already. Its amazing that they always get the thumbs up.

@oh please:
Are we forgetting about who caused all of the problems we’re having now and did nothing about them? Bush. Obama isn’t the best president out there, but you have to give him some credit. Cleaning up someone’s mess isn’t easy. At least he’s trying to reverse the damage that was done. If I had people criticizing my every move, I’d be skeptical of what to do next too. I think everyone that has something negative to say should try running a country themselves.

sigh no point arguing with people with a false sense of perception that still hold on the excuse that’s he trying to clean up someone else mess when hes actually perpetuating it.

l0nely-girl @ 01/20/2012 at 11:28 pm

Bunch of conservatives on this page! You were spot on Sophia! Love ya~

and i am sure yall are OWS punks…maybe if you listen to the GOP candidates you might like. W forever

Hot looking woman!

I can’t believe some of the comment I am seeing on this post. I don’t usually leave comments on post but some of you ppl need to get a clue. Saying most african-americans are against homosexuality? Just ignorant. I’m gonna pray some of you conservatives get some sense.

i like this outfit alot.
maybe not the shoes.
but everything else.
and that silver necklace.

She’s not the brightest tool in the shed. She’s upset that others are attacking her for her opinions that are way out there and do not accurately reflect a group of people from another party, yet she’s says that you shouldn’t hate against other people for doing or being free. Sophia, doesn’t that include them having the beliefs that they want, the freedom of speech that you are enjoying? Try not to be a hypocrite next time.

Sophia Bush is so stupid.

Sophia, you go girl!

From what I’ve been seeing, more then 99.9999999% of people agree with Sophia and are completely on her side. So I guess what I’m trying to say is—haters can SUCK it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All