Miley Cyrus Covers Bob Dylan - VIDEO

Miley Cyrus Covers Bob Dylan - VIDEO

Miley Cyrus covers Bob Dylan‘s classic “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go” in this newly released video.

The 18-year-old entertainer teamed up with Johnzo West for the cover, which is part of the compilation set Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International.

You can pre-order the set on Amazon – it’ll be released on Tuesday (January 24).

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Miley Cyrus’ Bob Dylan cover?

Miley Cyrus – ‘You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go’

Getty
  • Lisa Kudrow completed her jury duty in one day- TMZ
  • Watch the new music video for Hunter Hayes' song "Tattoo"- Just Jared Jr
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip

Great cover! She did a good job! :)

Cute!
I love it

Awwww, I like it

That wasn’t bad, she doesn’t sound bad when she doesn’t try to over sing songs.

She looks so cute in the video and I really love this song! Can’t wait for the tribute cd to come out 😍

I actually like it! Great job!!

I was so ready to slam her, But it’s a really good cover of a really good song!
Congrats Miley! Well done……

I love this

Such a sweet song, I really like it :-)
And she looks super cute. Tee hee

I hope the generally positive feedback convinces her of something her fans have been trying to tell her for ages…..that she should make a country album!

So she did a Nirvana’s cover, Kurt Cobain is already dead so why not…

But WHAT THE HELL Bob Dylan did to you girl ? Just let his health alone !

I love the spin she put on this song, She made it her own and it paid off!
I hope it’s a hit for her

@Mlllllle: It’s a tribute cd to Bob Dylan, many artists were asked to participate , Miley is just one of them.
Cant wait to hear the rest of it

i don’t know much about miley cyrus or her other songs but this sounds great. I miss mainstream country music. It’s pretty rare where i’m from.

Omg! I can totally relate to this song right now! I LOVE it

@Jane.S: aaaaaaaaaaand you just ruined bob dylan for me

Uh, as a diehard Bob Dylan fan, I can say that I adore Adele’s cover of “Make you Feel my Love.” However, Miley Cyrus’ cover of my favorite song off of Blood on the Tracks is a disappointment. She is far less talented than most of the other artists working on this project. Pete Townsend, Sting, Adele, I can understand them getting the right to cover Dylan. But Miley Cyrus….ugh.

Has anyone else actually listened to the original album, or is your judgment strictly dependent on how “cute” she looks in the video?

Stay away from Bob Dylan you damn teenybopper!

Love the shoes @ 01/23/2012 at 6:05 pm

I have no clue of her songs as Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus before now but I love this song. She did a great job.

Sing, beaver sing! Aww look at it’s teeth!

Love the shoes @ 01/23/2012 at 6:14 pm

@emurdo: I have loved Bob Dylan since my parents played him for me while I was in the womb. I own not only the actual vinyl LP’s. and a signed music book, but I own an original numbered and signed box set. I will make you regret asking that stupid question with what I know about Robert Allen Zimmerman aka Bob Dylan. I repeat, Miley did an ace job on the song.

P.s Syaer……………..shut up.

“As a long time Dylan fan”….. lol.. I must say Miley did a great job at bringing this great song into 2012, it will defanetly bring some younger and not so young ears to Dylans catalog of music!
By the few comments bashing Miley’s rendition of the song it shows their age and disconnection of the project entirely.

@emurdo: ummm, Google much?!? Lmao! I doubt you even knew one song by Bob Dylan until now, It’s halarious the bounds some kids will leap to criticize someone they’ve never meet. Go out and enjoy your life before someone drops a house on YOU! Hahaha!!!

she needs to stick to country-esque music like this. her version of smells like teen spirit made me want to kill myself.

@vdsm: Miley has a great voice for pop, folk and country. But that teen spirit thing is not on any Miley album, she just did it a few times in concert. Lots of bands do that. I don’t even think that Smells song is that great by anyone. She did a nice job on Bob Dylan’s song, but I think she should have slowed it down to make it more sad. Her singing was great though.

@emurdo: Miley has a great voice. That’s why she was asked to do it. And yeah I have a few Bob Dylan CDs too.

Sounds stunning, looks gorgeous. Can we get this from itunes or just amazon?

THE 19-YEARS-OLD…..

I can see why a lot of people like this version if you’re a bit younger. However, Miley truly isn’t worthy of covering Bob Dylan. She didn’t make me cringe and if I didn’t know Bob Dylan’s version then I would say it is probably the best she has sounded but it doesn’t mean she should be able to cover Bob Dylan. Didn’t she just say she didn’t want to do music and just work on film? Choose one. Pref. film.

@anna:

She should do some country music though. This song is right in her vocal pocket. And I don’t think anyone needs to prove to anyone how many Bob Dylans cd’s they have. Everyone has their own opinion. You don’t have to agree with what people think and you probably aren’t going to change anyone’s mind so why not just state your opinion and move on?

TWPUMPKIN @ 01/23/2012 at 8:59 pm

Wow! She is really good.

@anna: Get over yourself honey.. lol!!

Surprised to hear myself say this but she did a great job.. Won’t have listened if it wasn’t a Dylan cover but impressed. Made me go back and find the lyrics and listen to the originally. Good Stuff.

I found it here:

Love it!!!!

Fantastic! Her voice has matured right along with her!
She sounds great!

I guess being a former child star, Miley will always have to put up with being criticized for everything she does, no matter how well she does it.
Like her or not, This IS a great cover of Bobs song

Ive never heard the original song but I have always loved Miley Cyrus. I think she is a beautiful and talented young woman with so much potential. I’m a hardcore MC fan. All you haters can keep hating cause that young woman singing right there doesn’t care. Do you really think that your stupid comments hurt her? Nope. Let your haters be your motivators!

Great job Miley. I love who you are and will be.

MYB

I’ve always been a fan of Miley Cyrus. She’s an amazing person with an amazing voice but I’m not a fan of this song. Sorry Miley! *** :)

I love this cover! She’s so awesome XD

Always loved the original and was ready to furiously hate this, but really, it’s actually quite lovely. Well done, Miley!

dragonlady92 @ 01/24/2012 at 9:10 am

Stop making my ears bleed! What’s with the vocal acrobatics. Just sing the damn song.

Miley song stands on it own. Gives new life to these old bones =]

Wow! She sounds great!!! Her voice is beautiful

I heard about this song yesterday , And boy were they right! It’s really really good!! Miley was a great choice for the first single off the tribute album, She always creates buzz!
This is an wonderful cover to an amazing song!
Can’t wait for the entire album to come out

Wow. After all these years… We have finally found the girl who can play the lead in that Janis Joplin bio pic screenplay that has been kicked around Hollywood by every A-list agent for the past 19 years.

giuseppe sallo @ 01/24/2012 at 7:05 pm

Agree. Miley did a good job. She should sing country more often. Better than singing fake “POP” which is generic at best.

brianmouland @ 01/31/2012 at 2:49 am

Song perfectly suits her voice

first i was like: why does she have to ruin this lovly song.
but then i was like : wow! this is a good cover.

Better than all of Ed Sheeran’s covers