Seal Opens Up About Heidi Klum Divorce on 'Ellen'

Seal Opens Up About Heidi Klum Divorce on 'Ellen'

Seal waves hello to the audience while making an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, airing Tuesday (January 24).

“I think we were shocked. You go into these things with the greatest intentions when you say ‘I do’ and you say ’til death do us part.’ Those vows hold value. They are not just words… You try and you work through it and the thing that you quickly realize when you are married and you become a parent you do the best that you can. It makes you actually appreciate your parents a lot more. The thing that I’m most proud about this great woman who married (and I really do mean that from the bottom of my heart), is that together she has given me four incredible gifts…four beautiful children [Leni, Henry, Johan, and Lou]. She still, in my opinion, the most wonderful woman in the world. I think our priority was to remain civil and do this thing with dignity. We still very much love each other,” the 48-year-old singer said to host Ellen about his recent divorce announcement from Heidi Klum. “To say that neither of us were grieving would be an out and out lie (and I don’t mind telling you that). I think the operative here is that we are civil to each other and we both have a tremendous amount of respect and love and we try and do this with as much dignity as we possibly can.”

Seal also commented on his wedding ring, which he still wore on his finger.

“Yes, I am still wearing my ring. I think it’s just pretty much a token of how I feel about this woman. We have eight years. Eight wonderful years together. Just because we have decided to separate doesn’t necessarily mean you take off your ring and you’re no longer connected to that person. We will be connected in many ways ‘til the rest of our lives…. though our children and also through this tremendous admiration, respect and love that we have for each other,” Seal said.

“Will we wear the ring for the rest of our lives? Who knows? But right now it feels really comfortable on my hand so I have intentions of taking it off anytime soon.”

Bigger picture inside…

seal ellen appearance 01

• Leah Remini is able to drink now after leaving Scientology- US Weekly
  • Honey Boo Boo competes in a food eating contest - TMZ
  • Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hate Rosie O'Donnell- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to an Irish version of Lorde's hit song 'Royals' - Just Jared Jr
  • True Blood alum Lucy Griffiths exits NBC show Constantine- Entertainment Weekly
  • See how Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes's future baby might look like- Huffington Post
  • How many copies did Robin Thicke's new album Paula sell in Australia?- Lainey Gossip
  • Tracy Morgan is suing Walmart for deadly car crash- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Aubrey O’Day shows off major cleavage for a performance - Hollywood Tuna

Call me cynical but I think they can work it out.

So….why not stay together and try to make it work!? Seems so obvious. Work on it guys!

seriously he is just one of the classiest men EVER

I really wish they’d work it out. Come on Heidi. Take a break from endorsing every single t shirt and reconnect with Seal. He seems like a lovely man. Very handsome too.

C’mon Seal! Woo her again .Send her flowers, cakes and write her beautiful songs!

l0nely-girl @ 01/23/2012 at 10:48 pm

I hope they reconcile! Wouldn’t that be something spectacular for us and for the rest of Hollywood!

Something is very hinky here. Wish the media would stop spreading stories about Seal. It’s obvious no one on the outside knows what’ going on and they are not saying. IN the absence of all true info, the media is doing what they do best…making up cr-ap.

melissa scully @ 01/23/2012 at 10:52 pm

oh no. sounds like he got dumped?

Marie Martell @ 01/23/2012 at 10:52 pm

Wow.. What an amazing man to say such nice things.. yes, I agree work this out..

That’s the sexiest break up response ever. I mean, seriously, he was so kind and classy and thoughtful in every word he used… Who knows what went on with them, but that was quite lovely. It’s too bad it didn’t work out.

What beautiful things to say about an Ex. Classy man!!

Marie Martell @ 01/23/2012 at 11:06 pm

@Ryleabits:

I totally agree with u!!

i am the least sentimental person in the world but im about to cry for people i dont even know. he seems like a great man..

oh god who wrote this speech..nicholas sparks?

Then why are they getting divorced? Something is off

I’m so confused. He sounds like he still loves Heidi and wants to be with her so WHY are they getting a divorce? He even said that he WANTS to wear his wedding ring. I don’t get it! That has to be the most romantic statement I’ve ever read. I’m not even a fan, so I don’t know what happened, but really that statement made me all emotional

FYI, Seal’s new album is coming out tomorrow…

AmberWaves @ 01/23/2012 at 11:40 pm

You can grow apart and not get along, and still love and respect someone. You grow in different directions. You don’t want to inflict pain or to be in conflict. That is what I am hearing. They are both decent people and they will always have love and respect for one another as people. They are not enemies.

Perhaps Heidi is tired of supporting this man. She’s the bread winner in the family and her career is hauling in millions. They are in California and she will be paying him spousal support. If I were her lawyer I’d say divorce him now because the longer they stay married if they still divorce she’ll be giving him half her earnings.

wow. great job with the transcript jj. why don’t you try reading stuff through, not typing it up once, before you post it.

Their marriage sounds pretty wonderful. Why divorce?

@tvcon: I’m hoping they do. I’m not a fan of either but I’ve always been in awe of their beautiful relationship. It saddens me to hear about this. By the way, I thought it was just a separation, now it’s a full-on divorce?

not intending to sound like a jerk, but honestly, when someone lays it on that thick, it sounds to me like they were the one who broke it off, and also that they did something wrong (i.e. cheating). good people do bad things, and that’s my take on his response here

Can’t believe I’m saying a divorce statement sounds romantic but it does. Very classy of Seal.

hey all really come on now.
think about it.
all his flowery romantic words but theyre separating/getting a divorce.
it’s a contradiction.
obv it is not a “wonderful marriage” at all.
maybe it’s a one-sided break up.

#23 has it all RIGHT.

This is way better than staying in a relationship that has outrun its energy.

hey if he’s got anger management issues..why would she stay married to him. Anybody can smile and play nice in an interview but he’s probably a yeller or verbal abusive behind closed doors…she’s got money why put up with his issues.

They aren’t too different than when they got married. She was/is a supermodel who earns more money than him, a well to do musician. How much can you grow apart? Not like one become super-successful overnight.

I hope they know that married life can be super-boring/ can become routine but you invest in your children and grow old together. I think they give up too easily/ Heidi pulled the strings. May be he verbally abused her and said something she was really pissed/ some disrespectful thing.

Hmmm This is Seals second eloquent announcement , one was done this evening on another talk show. I just watched his other one at TMZ.
The words were much the same as if rehearsed line for line in the same very cool calm loving manner., almost identical to the words said on the Ellen show. Travis asked him if the second song on his new album would tie into these words about this divorce, Sure sounded like the answer was yes.
It’s no secret this is the public announcement which Heidi and Seal are very good at when it comes to being showy for image.

The question is will we ever see or hear the private Heidi and Seal announcement discussing the basic ins and outs of their upcoming divorced lives? Absolutely not.
How they will deal with the childrens visitation rights , the financial angles, court procedings , the new dating scene , if it hasn’t already began? Just saying,.. i don’t know.
Or possibly does his new song bring them back together?
I don’t think they would go that far with it over a new music album?
There is pr for your music or movies but televising a divorce with 4 children not being true doesn’t make any sense. imo would be crazy.

I have never been a Fan of these two celebs only heard about their showy personal affairs. Has Heidi said anything or is this all about what Seal has to say?

Something smells in Denmark. Aha Something is way off the mark????

Seal is smelling like a rose in these interviews . Wheres Heidi?

I feel for the kids. Sad …………

May be he was supposed to say only good things as per pre-nup reuirement. She has the upper hand.

i am always very surprised how positive everyone in the usa is feeling about heidi! in germany its very different!

maybe its bc of germanys next topmodel but here she is known as a very cold hearted business women who is very good at pretending to be this fun loving big smile super mom… we actually think its pretty shady bc she always plays the role model card ‘oh everyone should have a great marriage and having a job and 4 kids is so easy to handle’ yadda yadda when the truth is that she has a nanny for each of her kids and her marriage isnt obivously so perfect as she pretended to be….

C’mon… Heidi got fed up with his volcanic temper.. he sreams and yells at his kids and staff at the house… he has problems to deal with.. the kids are suffering the most!

funny how no one believes this guy (as most of the 12 yr olds on here haven’t been married ) some people can have ‘mature’ break ups. you can love someone but not want to be with them anymore. We all change. Maybe something happened, or she was getting more jobs blabla.. but considering ive heard more rumours about that ‘golden god who can do no wrong’ ben affleck’ in a week then i have about seal in his whole career im going to believe that seal is just a decent guy going thru a divorce…

His PR team just sent him out to do damage control. He’s really a douche in real life… I’ve seen him angry.

Not many men have that kind of class and chivalry. Classic woman-gets-bored syndrome, happens everyday. Whatever happened to LETTING a man take care of you while you bask in his kindness rather than always trying to DO EVERYTHING?

Clearly, Seal is still very much in love. Heidi is isn’t.

How sad! Looks like somebody’s heart was stolen or broken.

He sounds like he still wants to be with her and they have FOUR young kids. C’mon Heidi, if he ain’t abusing you, MAKE IT WORK!

He cheated on her, that is ALL – as usual. She’s gonna have a young lover in a few months.

even if his ‘speech’ was a PR’s wet dream it’s still better than calling her a b*tch especially because they have kids who go to school and i’m sure can read.. if this is what they get to read in 5 years time then good.. bullshit more if he has 2. No one knows if it’s real or not, or if he does still care – the only important thing is his kids..

And people who love each other divorce all the time. You change and evolve and sometimes it’s not together and you split. If they’re doing this amicably than good for them.

@Hannah: i really hope you’re not an adult because thats the most ridiculous thing i’ve read so far.

@emmy: All this facade coming out of their mouths undrneath that is a house rotten to the core. Be honest, if you are getting a divorce there is something very wrong. Lies!!!

just wait @ 01/24/2012 at 7:40 am

Just wait for a month or less. One of them will be out with another man/woman. All this nice words, respect blablabla are in contradiction with the fact- they are divorcing. I am sure that the reason has name and appearance. Be patient, soon will be known.

never marry a ho, they never change

spilt_daydreams @ 01/24/2012 at 8:06 am

This makes zero sense to me. If you’re saying all this then it sounds like it could be worked out. I wonder how many people would get married if the state forced you to follow the whole “solemn vow” thing seriously.

lisalouise @ 01/24/2012 at 8:18 am

If they still feel this way about one another, they should remain married. Vows don’t really mean anything if you break them. No one said it’s easy and there doesn’t appear to be foul play against each other. In my opinion, there shouldn’t be a divorce just because it’s sizzled down to luke warm coals. That’s marriage~that’s life…grow up, your kids are watching.

I want to know what REALLY happened. Everyone is speculating and none of it is making sense.
Heidi and Seal, tell me what Really Happened (even though it is none of my business) ;-)

@zatanna:
Every woman is considered a B**** when she being firm about her ideas and agressively goes after what she wants i.e in this case Heidi’s career…sounds like you are one of those people that want her to smile, giggle and wave and live for her man anything more than that well you consider her coldhearted…there’s more to life than that.
Sounds like he screwed up considering he is the one doing all the talking…Can anyone say damage control?

strangest comments: they love each other, why are the getting a divorce?? we know absolutely nothing about their marriage. Smiling in photos doesn’t prove a thing. I get confused when people talk about brad pitt and A. jolie’s relationship 2.. we dont know if they’re really happy or not.. same goes for this couple.. he could still care abt her, respect her but not want to be married anymore.. or hes just trying to keep a clean image?!? we know nothing and it shld be kept that way. They have babies and i think it’s sad that they’re going thru this at such a young age.

i’m in love with them and i felt really sad when i hear the news:(:(:(… Maybe they needed space to figure out things and i’m really hoping this two will be together again…. Seal your a amazing guy your a man with dignity and respectable person how i wish all the man in the world like you….. heidi is a very lucky woman….

This is really said… they are a great couple. I think it is all her fault, he seems like a great guy. Very said for the children.

Seal did an amazing job tugging at them old heartstrings and Heidi is being quiet trying to find the best divorce lawyer money can buy.

Seal is known for his volatile temp,
even if she is a bit.c.her and thats known outside the marriage . So what’s going on behind closed doors? Probably lots and enough to break up a marriage no matter how pretty his words.

Seals a big charmer he reeled the majority of the women in with his staged lines. Do you really think this man doesnt know what he is doing? Does he make any sense? Notice his Lady Love is not talking
Put two and two together and that might make more sense.
The man got what he wanted , you fell for his line of Bull and thats all he wanted from his audience, He accomplished what he set out to do. Get Real! No judge will fall for this line of crap no matter how sweet it sounds.
A judge will want the facts and at this point we don’t even know what condition Heidi Klum is in no matter whether she is a bit.ch. or not.
LOL Looks like Ellen didn’t fall for his mushy lines either.
A volitile tempered man behind closed doors is an abusive man,
doesnt mean he cant be a charmer at the same time.

I guarantee you one of them cheated..it was a shock as Seal says, sudden..This means they didn’t grow apart but someone cheated and the other can’t tolerate that. This usually happens when people are very much in love and one of them makes a mistake. Hope they can forgive and get back together.

Sex Based @ 01/24/2012 at 3:27 pm

Seal was probably interested in Heidi’s money as well as her looks. He sounds a bit disingenuous to me. I’m not buying it.

If ANY man insisted on spanking our children,
I would ask for a divorce.

I think this might be the case.

Spanking and being seperated and disrupting
the pattern that has been set in mud,
while you were away.

Also, if I wanted the wearing of protection during
intimate sessions, and he did not, I would ask for a
divorce, after four kids.

Damsel Jane @ 01/24/2012 at 6:50 pm

An evil-tempered man and cold-hearted woman. Yeah, that was a marriage made in heaven.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
!
speechlesssss……………….

I watched the show today and Seal is one classy man..I still hope they can work it out..

@not me: Classy man? I don’t think so. A man who talks about such a personal issue as divorce on national TV 2 days after it became public is just being desperate for attention. Especially, they have 4 little children. Their marriage was never sacred, so why would their divorce be sacred?

I’m stunned at all the “classy” of seal comments on here;. they’re just words; we don’t know how he treated this woman behind closed doors; if he’s all that great, i doubt the mother of his children would be seeking a divorce;

nobody throws around the ‘divorce’ claim and makes a mockery out of marriage like hollywood. what a silly pr stunt, seal. man up and keep your woman you love and is the mother of your children priority. there are normal people in this world who have been together for over half their life back and forth to make it work but never do they waste time with the ‘divorce’.

Oh Brother a real schmooze artist and women are saying ohh isn’t he lovely. Bwhahahahah. btw,, he knew you would, He practised this for a week.

Heidi is watching this thinking you silly woman. Do you want him?

He’s available as in ‘free’ after i man up and give him spousal monthly payments. This is a financial headache.

There is a sucker born every day.

Ellie,
Go to bed. You still want Brad Pitt to come along riding on a white horse to pick up your Jen.

It ain’t happening silly drawers. Now put your big girl panties on
and get over all the hidden secret fairy tales re: this crazy scmuck too.

Oh come on. He was mean to her, she’s had it, and now he regrets and tries to get her back by publicly wooing her while expecting her to share things from her side – which may not be pretty. He is just paving the ground with roses so that his fall will be softer once Heidi starts telling her side. She is a classy one too. But if he keeps pretending everything was oh so great and he is the best husband she could ever wish for, he risks that she’ll spill stuff he might want nobody to know. She doesn’t want a divorce for fun with four kids.

Save the marriage! You have 4 wonderful reasons why to (the Kids). Whatever happend to Forgiveness or Marriage Therapy? Huh? And they can afford it.

It’s really a great post..I would like to appreciate your work and I am going to recommend it to my friends. Thanks for sharing.

Love the shoes @ 01/25/2012 at 7:43 am

Ridiculous. They threw in the towel because it was so much easier than actually put the hard work in. I don’t know what happened but I don’t have alot of respect for them not leaving every and any stone unturned in keeping their family together. Their hands should be bloody and raw from fighting against whats breaking them up. Unless there was abuse, there is no excuse that I can find for “this particular couple.” Not every relationship should continue, but this one not doing so makes no sense to me. I am deeply disappointed in them and feel seriously bad for their kids.

Love the shoes @ 01/25/2012 at 7:48 am

@JoD: I see you’ve had your nose in the tabs again. Provide one legit link,photo, NAMED source that gives your clams creedance and you get an apology from me asap. Supposition and assumption do not count. Give undeniable tangible proof.

What a class act Seal is. Heidi Klum, thanks for turning this sexy beast loose for us women of the world…

He deserves the best. Please Heidi, reconsider… You won’t find a man better than this guy and he’s the father of your children. Work it out…

None of you have a clue who Seal is behind closed doors. I’m sure Klum had good reasons for leaving. My own father was a chameleon. To the public he was a well spoken, respectable businessman and everyone that knew him loved him. At home he was a raging monster whose rants could last literally all night. Seal seems to be a nice guy. But you just never know. Stop judging Heidi.

My heart goes for the couple. This marriage will work again. Please talk to yourselves.

toobadforseal @ 02/06/2012 at 2:35 pm

i feel so bad for the guy….you can’t really go up from divorcing a supermodel.