Nicole Kidman: I Like the Privacy of My Life

Nicole Kidman: I Like the Privacy of My Life

Nicole Kidman smiles as she leaves Joan’s on Third on Thursday (January 26) in Los Angeles.

The 44-year-old Aussie actress, who will star next in Hemingway and Gellhorn, recently spoke at the HBO TCA panel about keeping her private life quiet.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Nicole Kidman

“Part of the reason of being an actor is you like playing other people’s lives and exploring all the psychologies in that and the emotions,” Nicole said (via MSNBC).

“I think having my life be as private and quiet as possible is a way in which then I can go and play characters. I like the privacy of my life and I protect it quite vigilantly,” she added.

nicole kidman joans on third 01
nicole kidman joans on third 02
nicole kidman joans on third 03
nicole kidman joans on third 04
nicole kidman joans on third 05

Frazer Harrison/Getty

WhatATool @ 01/26/2012 at 8:38 pm

WTH??? what has she done to her face and hair!
Did you spend time with your son on his birthday Nicole?

GleeLover @ 01/26/2012 at 8:50 pm

The face is unrecognizable. How many extensions were put in her hair?

her hair............? @ 01/26/2012 at 8:51 pm

LOLOLOLOLOL
that’s all I have to say, havne’t laughed this hard in a long time

OMG I love her she’s so classy… A true star keeping her life in private!

If she keeps her life private, why is she smiling for the paparazzo?

LOVE seeing pictures of Nicole. No matter what her haters say, this actor’s got the TALENT. Her age would never be a hindrance. She continues to give her fans fantastic performances (i.e. Rabbit Hole)and here’s hoping for a 2- time Oscar winner Kidman (in the future:)

Yep, Rabbit Hole had a few good performances. Depression topic but good film.

sleek and classy as always! love her.

Why oh why does she insist on wearing frills, lace & bows? She’s gorgeous & has a stunning body. I call that her Little House on the Prairie look. Who styles her? She goes from that gorgeous look on the red carpet at the Golden Globes to this?

And I pray that she did see her 2 older kids while in LA and is making progress in getting them away from the cult their father has them in. Don’t give up on them Nicole, they’ll be out soon.

@Question:

Best not to give the impression that they bother you. Seriously!

Love her trousers. Nicole keeping it classy!

Just go away HITNMISS you are a crazy person.

Yea HITNMISS you wouldn’t know class when you saw it , so just take your fake posts and go away. So much concern abt. the Urban children isn’t sane!

hit and miss, hit and dumb, hit and none, GO AWAY!

Not lovin’ the hair, but she is beautiful!

Transparent as glass @ 01/27/2012 at 1:13 am

hitndumb you really are dumb. You leave multiple hateful comments and then like a dumbass post the link, not to the story, but to the page with your planted comments for everyone to see. Not. Too. Smart. You are all insane. Find an institution with an empty bed now!

nice & comfy & chic!

Beautiful!

awesome kitty is awesome @ 01/27/2012 at 1:37 am

The temp isn’t the only thing hot in LA! Go Nicole!

mmm, beautiful SEXY mama :D ME GUSTA :D

Skeptics are Stupid @ 01/27/2012 at 2:23 am

HITNDUMB said “Well who is interested in shots of Keith Urban and his employee getting on a plane? Why would those sell? Who would want them?”

Well, YOU! But beyond the obvious answer the hundreds if not thousands of gossip/celebrity websites need new content daily to keep the advertisers happy. Why would they be willing to shell out money to websites who don’t offer up to date constantly changing stories to encourage clicks of the mouse. Get your head out of your ass and out of the cornfield and maybe just maybe you might function in society on a higher level than just a bottom-feeding hater who wishes ill-will on a family and lusts after a man you would never snag.

I liked her really much but now … I am sorry but now she is like a plastic doll :(

Nicole always look amazing

The three first comments are from the same person. Whoever it is I think this person is obsessed with Nicole and Keith, if there is any news about them that person is first to comment. I think I read everything about them because they are my favorite entertainers, if I don’t like an entertainer I don’t read anything about them. Why don’t you haters do the same.

What a jealous bunch, she could be the nicest person in the world. Yet you all hate so much on someone you know nothing about.

@Skeptics are Stupid:

I’m missing something here: who is this HITNMISSNDUMB person that five different people here are talking about? And what is that about Keith and an employee jumping on a plane? It’s mentioned nowhere in the article.

Um, if she wants to keep private, then why were there shots of them on their honeymoon? Why does she never say no to a magazine cover? Why did she used to on Oprah and blather on about her personal life?
And by the way, made a few errors of speech- saying that her mother liked “refinery clothes”.

This botoxed thing is box-office poison.

Give me a real and talented actress who doesn’t blather on about her personal life at all – Meryl Streep!

@Frozoid: she is in cover of magazines and Oprah because shr’s an actress and she needs to promote her movies…. She never talk about her personal life too much in the interviews she always say “lets talk about the movie please” is really weird see picture of her or Keith every day… The paparazzis barely has picture of Sunday or Faith…. They really are a private family!

There’s always gonna be haters. Nicole is a beautiful, successful and rich female with one hot husband. Some women just can’t take the reality of that. But no matter how much time they spend trying to tear her down, she’s still a beautiful, successful and rich female with one hot husband. Haters haven’t progressed much from their high school days.

@Frozoid:

Nicole is one of the FEW actresses who hasn’t spilled her private life all over the place. Yes, in interviews she will mention Keith, family and her kids. But she doesn’t go on and on and on. She is a model for dignity during and after divorce. She has gone out of her way to make sure that she doesn’t bash Tom even though she has every reason to do so. He dumped her and then left her alone to deal with a miscarriage. She has kept a dignified silence on him, Xenu and in fact, everyone she has dated. When she mentions her friends she talks about how wonderful they are. She doesn’t get into Aguilliara-Osborne cat fights with anyone. She mentioned how wonderful Bella was with Faith and Sunday, but you don’t hear her constantly blathering about what awesome, magical, amazing women her kids are and how they can see a clothing store a football field away. She keeps her life with Keith and the kids private. She doesn’t turn away from private questions, but graciously answers with a tidbit.
When you compare Nicole with so many other actresses and actors I’d say she is model of disretion.

Well I think she looks beautiful. She’s just going out to lunch, jeeze, this isn’t the red carpet!

dairyqueen @ 01/27/2012 at 3:51 pm

@Mark: hitnrun is a poster at the e negative thread. she also posts under the name tara at Urban Myths blog. She’s a middle aged librarian who is obsessed with Keith, hates Nicole Kidman, and makes up rumors about them in the hopes Keith will leave his wife. She’s mentally disturbed. She’s been trying to convince everyone she has sources and hears “things” for years. She and nomorefan are the main culprits of the spamming you see when there’s new Nicole Kidman photos. She has a horrible track record with the truth and asks stupid questions all the time in order to keep the skeptics hope alive That’s why her nicknames are hitndumb and hitnmiss.

LMAO @ Frozoid! @ 01/27/2012 at 4:04 pm

Please, Streep has put her kids in her movies. Streep has had her kids on the red carpet with her. Streep has her husband attend her events even though he isn’t famous. Streep discusses raising her kids in interviews when she’s asked. Streep has done plenty of sex scenes and nudity in her roles. Why don’t you actually watch some of her films instead of spending all your time online bashing Nicole Kidman and making a fool of yourself with your lies.

Emanele810 @ 01/27/2012 at 4:32 pm

Don’t get me wrong I love her but…whatever happend to her hair? like BOOM lol

i dont hate her but she looks too fake her face is full of botox why not age naturally nicole??

She always looks great. I don’t see the ‘face full of botox’ that some of you see. She looks like a really healthy 40 year old to me.

irene olson @ 01/27/2012 at 8:28 pm

Beautiful woman. Talented actress. I so respect Nicole for her classy presentation. It is so nice to see a picture of a lovely woman that does not have her “boobs” hanging all over the place. I am so sick of looking at the Hollywood hussies. The motion picture industry is very fortunate to have a woman of Nicole’s caliber in their midst. Nicole and her multi talented husband, Keith Urban, are very protective of their family; they are to be respected.

@dairyqueen:

I still don’t get it. Why do you bring that stuff here? Leave it at those sites and address it there, instead of perpetuating the negativity here.

an opinion @ 01/28/2012 at 4:15 am

Oh please the only reason paps and tabs don’t care about her that much is because she is married to a boring country singer. Not because she keeps her life private,.. When she was married to Tom Cruise her life was not private. She can’t control when the media want more from you

Hope she wished her son a happy birthday

Go Nic <3 you are amarzing !!! My diva !!

@an opinion: Keith is a boring country singer? The man you are so devoted to? The man you and your buds claim to have all this dirt on because you have connections to Nashville and you say Nashville doesn’t talk to common folk? Give me an effing break! You skeptics are whackos!