Christina Aguilera Sings 'At Last' at Etta James' Funeral

Christina Aguilera Sings 'At Last' at Etta James' Funeral

Christina Aguilera belts out Etta James‘ classic, “At Last,” at the late singer’s funeral on Saturday (January 28) in Los Angeles.

“She was the one that cut right through my soul. So tonight, Etta, this song is for you,” the 31-year-old entertainer said before performing.

Stevie Wonder also took the stage to sing “Shelter in the Rain” with a church choir, while Rev. Al Sharpton delivered the eulogy.

Etta passed away last week at the age of 73 due to complications from leukemia.

Christina Aguilera Covers ‘At Last’
christina aguilera etta james funeral 01
christina aguilera etta james funeral 02
christina aguilera etta james funeral 03
christina aguilera etta james funeral 04
christina aguilera etta james funeral 05
christina aguilera etta james funeral 06

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

k, she’s not super skinny.
but her face is pretty and her hair looks great.
are they in a church? acoustics in there not so good.

Christina Aguilera was amazing! I loved her cover of the song. And she looked beautiful!

i think her rendition was great and she looked gorgeous when she dresses properly

daniela d @ 01/28/2012 at 4:35 pm

wow she made me cry !!!!

She has a powerful voice. But I didn’t like it.

I watched it on a French TV station and it was AMAZING AND INCREDIBLE

sarafina56 @ 01/28/2012 at 4:36 pm

Fantastic performance….

LOVED IT! XTINA SLAYED!

Wow, stunning!

when i listen to christina it reminds me how far above the rest she is.
poor jessica simpson realized this as a child when she had to follow christina singing in mmclub auditions.
also reminds me when mariah sang on american idol.
it’s like, how can u ever follow *that*?
there is no american idol contestant/winner who even comes close to mariah. theyre really special songstresses.

wtf it’s funeral, why people filming it on their phones, like it’s a concert.

She was barely saying words…. wtf kind of singing is that. Waste when you actually have such a powerful voice

@Lily: that’s the state of technology in society today. pretty sad.

Wow, that was amazing. She was feeling it.

christina aguilera is a really cool name.

BloodbuzzOhio @ 01/28/2012 at 4:45 pm

I don’t hate this girl, but someone once said to me that she might have a good voice but she has no musicality. Ever since, I can’t help but agree with that person. It’s like she has no idea what to do with her voice. Beyonce has the tendency to do the same thing. It’s a problem with most mainstream artists today.

Sorry girl, but you ain’t got nothin’ on Etta.

Lily @ 01/28/2012 at 4:38 pm +2

wtf it’s funeral, why people filming it on their phones, like it’s a concert.
——————————————————————-
Absolutely agree with you and Ms. Aguilera could have worn something under her jacket. She has a wonderful voice but absolutely NO class.

Sebastián Welling @ 01/28/2012 at 4:47 pm

XTINA! THAT WAS SANG!
I LOVE U <3

ETTA WAS TO XTINA, WHAT XTINA IS FOR ME! <3

@BloodbuzzOhio: i think even the top people have their strengths and weaknesses. look it, taylor swift is by no means a special singer, but a lot of girls relate to her lyrics and like her melodies. britney cannot sing y’all. she just has people who write really good dance songs for her that people like to rock out to and she’s a good entertainer. same with madonna. strengths & weaknesses.

I keep rewatching it she put all her emotions and soul into this song like no has done besides Etta. Christina I could feel the emotion but also felt how strong you were to carry on since it’s hard for you as she was your idol and you met her.Amazing peformance thanks Jared for posting this. Christina Aguilera keep singing Etta would have been so proud. To the haters sick to see how you are being twisted since this was hard for Christina honoring her idol and she did her proud. RIP ETTA

She’s got a hell of a voice but she’s doing too much for my taste.
This is not a competition !
And the boobs don’t need to be THAT out at a funeral…

John larsen @ 01/28/2012 at 5:00 pm

Am an Etta Fan. Christina nailed it – she was just terrific! Way to go girl! make an album of Etta favorites and it will sell if you sing with that much heart!

no doubt she has a great voice but I feel like she ALWAYS over sings, like it just doesnt flow, she strains her face and all. Having said that, WOW does girl always bring down the house at the end. The ending was phenomenal! Just trying to give my un biased opinion, not hating at all, I love her. ;)

happybdaynickcarter @ 01/28/2012 at 5:12 pm

gotta hand it to brit & christina, theyre both in happy, long-term relationships. good for them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All