Daniel Craig 'Totally Reinvented Bond,' Says Co-Star

Daniel Craig 'Totally Reinvented Bond,' Says Co-Star

Daniel Craig sits in a Range Rover on the set of Skyfall on Saturday (January 28) in London, England.

The 43-year-old actor reprises his role as James Bond in the action flick directed by Sam Mendes (pictured inside).

Here’s the official synopsis for the 23rd 007 film: “Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.”

“There are some great Bonds but I think Daniel totally reinvented Bond and [made] it his own, which was very impressive and took a lot of guts,” his Skyfall co-star, Naomie Harris said.

daniel craig skyfall scenes london 01
daniel craig skyfall scenes london 02
daniel craig skyfall scenes london 03
daniel craig skyfall scenes london 04
daniel craig skyfall scenes london 05
daniel craig skyfall scenes london 06

ABC

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All

Not “in force”. Ya know she changes her username every time.

For their own family @ 01/29/2012 at 4:25 am

DANIEL CRAIG PREPARES FOR A BABY JAMES BOND
THE MOMENT the director shouts “Cut!” for the final time on the new James Bond film Skyfall, Daniel Craig will skydaddle from Pinewood to New York to begin work on a rather more personal project. One for which he will most definitely need the input of his wife Rachel Weisz.
The couple, who married seven months ago after something of a rapid romance, now want to start their own family.

Cambridge graduate Rachel already has a five-year-old son from her union with Black Swan director Darren Aronofsky, while Daniel is the father of Ella, 18, from his brief marriage to Scottish actress Fiona Loudon.

Before beginning their baby-making in earnest, Rachel, 41, had been adamant that the pair found a suitable nest to buy, so that they could move from their rented flat. They intend to remain in New York, although Daniel will keep his London flat in Regent’s Park.

“They stipulated an apartment with enough bed- rooms for their children, plus a nursery and a suite for a nanny,” chatters my man in real estate.
Now, after looking at numerous properties, the couple have settled on an £8million penthouse in the SoHo district of Manhattan which has plenty of room for children plus a huge roof garden.

Naturally, Chester-born Daniel wants to be in peak condition for his procreational duties. When he began training for the latest 007 adventure, he filled his day with weight-lifting and boxing before heading back home for a massage to sooth his aching pecs.

He might just have to change his diet though. As part of his fitness regime he consumed industrial quantities of cabbage soup and baked beans. A combustible mixture his wife may not find the best aphrodisiac.

Berenice stalked Daniel @ 01/29/2012 at 4:53 am

London: Babe Berenice Marlohe has revealed that she was so desperate to be the next Bond Girl that she hunted down 007 star Daniel Craig.

The 32-year-old French beauty has admitted that she did everything in her power to contact the British hunk before her audition, for the role in the next Bond flick ‘Skyfall’.

“When I heard there were going to be auditions in Paris I switched on my computer and tried to get contact details for anyone involved in this project – emails, phone numbers, whatever I could get hold of,” the Daily Star quoted her as saying.

“I managed to track down the director Sam Mendes’ agent but nothing came of that. Then I met Debbie McWilliams, the casting director, which led me to Sam and the producers, then finally to Daniel Craig,” she said.

“At that stage I was so focused on my performance that there was no room for nerves. I also reminded myself that I was meeting Daniel Craig, not James Bond,” she said.

“In my character I’ve tried to bring a different kind of complexity. If I get recognised more when this movie comes out, I’ll deal with it. If someone says, ‘Hey, there’s that Bond Girl’ I’ll correct them and say, ‘No, I’m that Bond Lady’,” she added.

‘Skyfall’ is still in production and is slated to be released in October this year.

MMMMMMM, YUM!

ScarJo Hearts Daniel @ 01/29/2012 at 6:00 am

Scarlett Johansson Hearts Daniel Craig, Loves Brits
Someone better alert Rachel Weisz! Scarlett Johansson is out man-hunting again, and she’s already called Rachel’s new husband Daniel Craig her “dream date!”
And it seems that Scarlett Johansson not only hearts Daniel Craig, she loves Brits in general! The Daily Mail says, “[Scarlett’s] filming a movie called Under The Skin in Scotland at the moment but she is hoping to meet someone new. She adores British men and would love a place and a man in London.”
It seems that ScarJo fears running into her ex-husband Ryan Reynolds and his new squeeze Blake Lively. The Daily Mail reports that anytime Scarlett is in New York, she keeps a very low profile and stays home a lot.
Wow. So basically, Scarlett Johansson feels she has to be a recluse in the Big Apple because RyRy and Blakie may be out on the town? Here’s what we think might happen if she goes for a walk and runs into them doing insane PDAs in Central Park.
Ryan: …mmmfffmmm….(tears his lips away from Blake)… Scarlett? Good to see you.
Scarlett (unwrapping her neck scarf, taking off the shades, and removing her turban): Uh, hi.
Blake: Hi, Scarlett.
Scarlett: (grabs her phone) Oops, my agent just texted. I’m up for a lead role in Alexander Payne’s next movie, if I don’t decide to work with Woody again or accept Prince Harry’s proposal. Have to run!
Ryan and Blake: Bye, Scarlett. (Mad PDAs as RyRy and Blakie smooch it up again.)
Now, who would you rathah be? ScarJo, gorgeous at 27 with a great adventure ahead of her in London; or Blakie, dirtilicious at 24 and joined at the hip with Ryan Reynolds? You’re right, of course. Either chick’s life is infinitely better than yours or mine. WAAAAHHHHH.

PITBULL TERROR @ 01/29/2012 at 4:11 pm

WHAT A MAN!!!! HAHAHA SALT N PEPA!!!!! HAHAHA

LOVE,
I’LL HAVE YOUR BABY!!!!! BABY!!! HAHA

PITBULL TERROR @ 01/29/2012 at 4:13 pm

WHO WANTS TO HAVE A MILKSHAKE!!!!???? HAAHA

LOVE.
K!!!!!! HAHAHA

PITBULL TERROR @ 01/29/2012 at 4:22 pm

IT’S CALL BYE, BYE!!!!! HAHAHA CLICK!!!! HAHAHA U SO CRAZY!!!! HAHAHA NYC!!!! HAHHA U LOVE???? HAHAHHA OR IT IS GOLDEN!!!! EYE!!! HAHAHA BEAT U IN THE EYE!!!! HAHHA

LOVE,
WHAT HAPPEN TO THAT!!!!??? HAHAHA

Great pictures from the set!!! Wow, Dan has a lot of equipment ;)

to ‘For their own family’

“As part of his fitness regime he consumed industrial quantities of cabbage soup and baked beans. A combustible mixture his wife may not find the best aphrodisiac.”

LOL! But of course, a s-ex god never f-arts!!! *grin*

to ‘Berenice stalked Daniel’

“she was so desperate to be the next Bond Girl that she hunted down 007 star Daniel Craig”

Darn! Now I know what I should have done ;)

The Metro’s take on the pictures from the set is hillarious:

(this is for you, Guinness – when are you getting back on the computer???)

this scene looks like bond just finished kicking the the crap outa people and blowing stuff up…

Daniel is in Scotland?

Lur_Alba: OMG just found out Daniel Craig (James Bond) is in Stirling filming at the Municipal buildings! They kept that quiet!
50 minutes ago via Twitter for Mac

Lur_Alba: @realDanielCraig Heard a wee rumour you are filming in #Stirling. #ScottishTouristGuides would love to offer you a guided tour @S_T_G_A
50 minutes ago via Twitter for Mac

I think it’s a bitter irony. Indian people can’t see it, but GQ features article on it.

HI! crap, cant stay—read and browse later taters!!
Hi Mendel–my puter is already broke, cant get on it again, however, i can still type–and damn, I saw Tinker,tailor soilder spy–and dont tell me you being a Brit you didnt see ALEX (?) or ALEC (?) as Mr. Smiley?? it looks as if it ended as a sequel! it was awesomely brittish—slow burning, much drama with always the reserved violence with nekkid scenes. !!!! you are behind with movies—and, no, not a perm job yet. but many interviews. damn, I hate them–and I love dan’s description of how he loves them too. I can sell that side pool pic of his to a blind lesbian, but i cant sell myself to obtain a job!! Dans Van!! yeah.

hi fio! rooney wont win until after the 3rd movie. just sayin. thats how it works.

Hey!! is that the BLACK ADDER on top of a car?????? nice–!thx

The Many Faces of James Bond
‘Skyfall’ producer (& producer of several Bond films), Michael Wilson, shares his thoughts on the actors who have taken on the role of James Bond over the years.
James Bond at 50 still has a license to thrill

LOS ANGELES – James Bond turns 50 on film this year, but he doesn’t look a day over 007.

He’s still got the look. He’s still got the cars. And he shows no sign of slowing with the ladies.
So it should come as no surprise the British spy returns to theaters this year with Skyfall, out Nov. 9.
Daniel Craig is back as 007, this time coming to the aid of spy boss M (Judi Dench), whose past returns to haunt her. Accompanying him are two new girls, Eve (Naomie Harris) and Sévérine (Bérénice Marlohe).
Though Bond has found competition of late in the form of Mission: Impossible installments, Liam Neeson’s action films and, particularly, Matt Damon’s Jason Bourne series, 007 continues to resonate.
The franchise (counting only the 23 Eon Production films) is third in profits behind the Star Wars and Harry Potter series. Since the first 007 film, Dr. No in 1962, Bond films have earned $1.6 billion in North America, according to Box Office Mojo. Star Wars has collected $1.9 billion, and Potter has taken in $2.4 billion.
“There are plenty of imitators, but Bond really is the first one that was an anti-hero,” says Skyfall producer Michael Wilson.
Wilson, who has been producing Bond films since 1979′s Moonraker, sees Skyfall as not only marking a half century of a spy rarely shaken or stirred but also bringing the character full circle.
“Sean (Connery, who played six Bonds through the 1960s and early 1970s) was a tough guy; he set the tone,” Wilson says.
Roger Moore, who anchored seven films from 1973 to 1985, “played it more comic,” Wilson says. “Roger was lighthearted.”
Wilson says Timothy Dalton (two Bonds, 1987-1989) “brought it down to earth” by making a relatable human character. Pierce Brosnan (four Bonds, 1995-2002) “brought a touch of charm and touchiness.” (No mention of the ill-fated George Lazenby, Bond only for 1969′s On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.)
Craig, who is on his third Bond go-around, “is a great actor who takes it back to the Sean days,” Wilson says.
Still, in a spy-happy landscape, why does this guy still thrill with a quick quip and a gun clip?
“There’s still a touch of sophistication people see in the films besides just action,” he says. “Though that’s always been an element.”
A new element: tough competition from such agents as Jason Bourne, the spy whose franchise has averaged $175 million a film, according to Box Office Mojo. (Bond averages $70 million, though it has been tearing tickets for a half century.)
Wilson enjoys the competition, which he says forces studios and filmmakers to stretch themselves. Skyfall features multiple Oscar winners and nominees, including director Sam Mendes and co-stars Dench, Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem.
Besides, Wilson says, friendly counterspying never hurts: “I’m happy for the Bourne success. The worst thing for anyone is a bad movie. You see a good action movie, you’re in the mood to see another.”

AlexSodhi: I said this year I would save enough money for NY and my Visa and act my ass off.. So far, new job.. Filmed in James Bond.. #GoodStart
1 hour ago via web
felicityjv: @AlexSodhi that is absolutely insane! Have you met Daniel Craig?! X
53 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
AlexSodhi: @felicityjv Yeah :)
51 minutes ago via web
felicityjv: @AlexSodhi Unki that’s insane!! Is he nice? Are you like an extra in it?
51 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
AlexSodhi: @felicityjv Yeah he is so nice! Hmm it depends what shots they use, I was even speaking at one bit so who knows! :)
48 minutes ago via web
felicityjv: @AlexSodhi that is absolutely mental!! First scotty on total wipeout, now you in james bond (although can safely say yours is better!)
47 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
AlexSodhi: @felicityjv Haha thank you my dear, it was so much fun! I was a MI6 Computer Analyst.. Just hope they use my shots! Fingers crossed!
46 minutes ago via web
felicityjv: @AlexSodhi hahah check you out! Sounds like hard work! Yeah definitely, is it a case of getting paid more if they do?
43 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
AlexSodhi: @felicityjv Uh not really I get paid the same amount no matter what! One day when I am James Bond I can argue salary ;)
42 minutes ago via web

Welcome back, Guinness!!!

Great to see you back here, it’s been quiet without you!

“my puter is already broke, cant get on it again”

CARP!!!

“I can sell that side pool pic of his to a blind lesbian, but i cant sell myself to obtain a job!!”

LOL!

If it’s any consolation, I couldn’t even sell that pool pic to myself…

to Fio

Official pics! Yayyy! Thanks!

Pages: « 1 [2] Show All