Amanda Seyfried Covers 'Glamour' March 2012

Amanda Seyfried Covers 'Glamour' March 2012

Amanda Seyfried takes the cover of Glamour magazine’s March 2012 issue.

The 26-year-old Gone actress rocked a floral Pierre Balmain top, Hudson jeans, and Candy Ice jewelry. Here’s what she had to share:

On whether Dominic Cooper was the last guy she loved: “My God, yeah. He was my last real boyfriend. We still joke about having kids, like, ‘If it doesn’t work out with other people, we might as well just have a child.’ And there’s a part of that that feels…possible.”

On having kids and commitment: “Oh yeah, I think about kids all the time. I feel like the next person I commit to, that’s going to be the guy who I’m going to have kids with. That’s in my crazy female brain. So that’s why I’m like, ‘I can’t commit.’ ”

On if she feels competitive with other young actresses: “Yeah, sometimes. But the funny thing is, the girls that I’m always up against for roles are pretty nice and cool, like Emma Watson. She’s awesome. She’s really funny and smart. And Carey Mulligan. It’s flattering to be up against her because she’s really good, and she’s cool too…I think the era of the diva actress is coming to an end.”

For more from Amanda, visit Glamour.com!

P.S. Glamour has an all-new look – what do you think of the makeover?

amanda seyfried glamour march 2012 01
amanda seyfried glamour march 2012 02
amanda seyfried glamour march 2012 03
amanda seyfried glamour march 2012 04
amanda seyfried glamour march 2012 05

Photos: Ellen von Unwerth
Posted to: Amanda Seyfried, Magazine

Frazer Harrison/Getty

fitzlombard @ 02/01/2012 at 2:40 pm

Oh My i love Amanda…she’s kind of funny actually..and pretty..way MORE than the crying cow carey mulligan!!!!

@fitzlombard: Absolutely, I really want to see Gatsby but just the thought of her smirking face turns me off. I don’t know why she keeps getting big roles when she’s not appealing for the big audiences. That’s beyond me!!

PLUS, Emma Watson? Really? That girl is an hpocrite. Before you dislike my comment, go to this blog http://www.meettherealemmawatson.blogspot.com and read it all and tell me if I’m not right. The girl cannot act and her PR team is trying to make us believe she’s the next Kate Winslet.

fitzlombard @ 02/01/2012 at 2:50 pm

@anne:
i’m tot&ally on your side girl!

Multi ethnic Goddess @ 02/01/2012 at 3:00 pm

I don’t find her particularly attractive. …Actually, I even think she’s ugly. I remember in Mean girls, I thought why is she in the group, she’s not even pretty. And I definitely prefer Emma Watson over her (talent and acting-wise, hey I’m not shallow either). And Carey Mulligan does have talent too. But I find it quite egocentric to put herself next to these actresses like that and claim to be competing against them. I mean, she’s implying she’s at a high level when she mentions Mulligan “It’s flattering to be up against her because she’s really good”….. And at the moment I’m not impressed by Seyfried’s acting either. However, her comment about her ex is cute and funny. I think like that too when it comes to babies XD

fitzlombard @ 02/01/2012 at 3:12 pm

@Multi ethnic Goddess:
“And Carey Mulligan does have talent too”
say …WHAT????
no.i’m sorry, Mulligan, for a reason i do ignore have great role proposals but definitely not talent!

fitzlombard @ 02/01/2012 at 3:13 pm

*does have

This girl is so dumb and looks like tweetybird

Stephanie @ 02/01/2012 at 3:24 pm

Take notes, Jessica Biel. This is how you answer the question about competition, instead of trying to make directors feel bad because Anne Hathaway is more of a superior actress, which is why she’s getting the roles you want.

@Multi ethnic Goddess: She probably DOES audition for the same parts as they do. She didn’t just pull those names out of a hat. I love Amanda, she’s way more beautiful and talented than Mulligan, although I like Emma.

That has got to be the worst glamour cover ever. Nice pic though

i really don’t like her at all

Too much photoshop, looks cartoonish.
And who is she kidding, she is not competing with Carey or the harry potter girl. <– They are plain looking, Carey gets serious roles and the harry potter girl gets magazine covers/shoots.

Amanda is another category with the other 'pretty' but not so talented actresses such as that twilight girl with the odd nose. I can't believe she said she is competing with Carey and Harry's girl for roles, Amanda first of all isn't as plain looking and also Amanda looks older than both of them.

I really like her since she was in Mamma MIa, she was good in that role (and I LOVE her with Dominic Cooper). I do think she will nab a good part that will make her shine one day.

hm i dunno about that dominic guy from her. she needs to find a nice boy but i think maybe she likes bad boys? she will end up with a broken heart if she keep on that track tho :(

She’s got a good voice but otherwise, zilch! Mediocre acting and looks. I love fish but Amanda looks like a human/fish hybrid. not a good look. That’s a bit mean. But it’s true.

And yes, Emma Watson is a bad actor. She’s not even cute, though Brit boys find her attractive for some reason.

Carey Mulligan has somehow pulled off selling herself as a SERIOUS ACTOR. Sorry, you seriously depressed in EVERY SINGLE ROLE. Annoying girl.

And yeah, Jessica Biel is WAY more appealing than Anne Hathaway. She would have been a way better Catwoman in Batman. Com’on, what were they thinking? Catwoman is SEX in leather and Anne Hathaway, while she seems like a nice person, has the sex appeal of your primary school maths teacher, along with the acting range of a surfboard and the dress sense of a small town soccer mum. Jessica Biel is HOT and capable. Would have loved seeing her in Les Miserable as well.

Dubya Bush @ 02/01/2012 at 5:36 pm

*too much beauty, computer malfunction*

@Blue: Yeah, I agree with all your comment. Somehow, Carey Mulligan sells herself as a serious actor but she has no charisma and if you don’t have IT your performances are boring as hell and that’s all she does on screen. It doesn’t mean you have to be bubbly all the time, you just have to make your performance appealing otherwise, go to act in a play.

Game of Thrones @ 02/01/2012 at 9:13 pm

I’ve not seen one movie this girls been in other than Mean Girls. That emma watson blog is interesting. It’s entertaining but I don’t know.

Dominic Cooper….YUM. I’d make babies with him too if I could.

thighmegatampon @ 02/02/2012 at 1:44 am

Was saying that Dominic cooper was her last bf supposed to be a snub at Ryan phillipe? It seemed like they dated for at least a few months

I love that she admits that she feels competitive with other actresses and actually taking that opportunity to compliment those actresses. Is that classy or what?! Cause let’s admit it, it’s a fact for all actors but for some reason many of them pretend like they don’t feel there’s a competition and others are completely disgraceful at saying why they didn’t get a part (Jessica Biel anyone?). That was a very classy way of answering that question and she sounds honest

She seems like a nice girl for speaking nicely of other actresses.

I love this magazine. I love luxury. There are many interesting things in it worth someone to give him some money and to educate all Hollywood stars.