Leslie Carter Dies at 25

Leslie Carter Dies at 25

Leslie Carter, sister of singers Nick and Aaron Carter, has passed away at the age of 25.

The aspiring singer married her husband, Mike, in 2008 and gave birth to a daughter in April of 2011.

Leslie‘s single “Like Wow” was featured on the Shrek soundtrack and hit the Billboard Hot 100 back in 2001.

“Our family is grieving right now and it’s a private matter. We are deeply saddened for the loss of our beloved sister, daughter, and granddaughter, Leslie Carter,” the Carter family told Access Hollywood in a statement. “We request the utmost privacy during this difficult time.”

Our thoughts go out to Leslie‘s family and friends in this difficult time.

Credit: Frazer Harrison; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Leslie Carter, RIP

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

What did she die from?

Very sad hopefully not drugs

You would think if she was sick/had cancer, etc..it would have been mentioned. Very sad.

Who cares? We all know she was a pot head!

God bless her soul!

If it were anything besides drugs they would have mentioned it. It’s obvious. I really feel bad for her baby…so sad when even having a child doesn’t make you quit drugs.

funnymunny @ 02/01/2012 at 11:21 am

That’s incredibly sad; she was so young and her daughter will always miss her and grieve for her all of her life – may she rest in peace .

Oh, I better cut back before it happens to me! Can someone hide my stash for me?!?!

How did she die? Wow!

@funnymunny: Her daughter didn’t even get the chance to know her.

how sad her daughter isnt even a year old

I wonder why! /irony
What a disgusting and rotten family are the Carters…

Jenni Callin @ 02/01/2012 at 12:02 pm

Regardless of whether it was from drugs or alchol, opposed to a disease or an accident…it is STILL a death. Still very sad. People who think death’s impact is diminished if it’s not “admirable” are jackasses.

If any of her brothers rises to fame and suddenly becomes very rich/talented etc, THEN WE’LL KNOW.
I don’t trust any of these ppl and many in that industry are sick, sick people.

Oh, that’s so sad!!

So sad!!

That poor child

Wow….how did she die? Either way, just so young and very sad. May her soul R.I.P

She died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Hard to believe thats is really true…Im so sad….stay strong Alyssa and Mike + family ….

WHAT??? Is this a joke??? I have been a fan of Nick Carter and Aaron Carter and have been watched their reality show “House of Carters” where all the sisters were on it !!!!!

Can’t believe Leslie died……. Damn is this verified?????

yeah FrG….sadly, its comfirmed by family

I’m so sorry for their lost ;[[

Yes thanks for your answer. Just saw it is confirmed. WOW

@Brige:

Sorry for her loss but if it was for drugs she should have thought about her daughter.

@Jenni Callin:

Thank you! I could not agree more! No matter the cause – her life was cut short so young & she is someone’s mom, wife, daughter, granddaughter, etc. Prayers for her & her family.

Hahaha! This is funny!

What a tragedy. Her daughter Alyssa was only 10 months old. Its all very strange considering Leslie was living up in Canada with her husband and daughter… I Dont know how/why she passed away in New York. I am so sad for the families loss… my heart aches for them RIP Leslie

Very sad. :-(

Narcissus @ 02/01/2012 at 2:29 pm

OMG, I just found it by BSB’s twitter account. I’m so sorry to hear that. Rest in Peace

always sad when someone passes but at 25? just terrible! RIP !!!

anonymous @ 02/01/2012 at 2:40 pm

glad shes gone. she was a useless eater on earth anyway. 1 less person to impact the earths food supply

Thats what that dirty white ***** deserves! >:)

Wikipedia says she was murdered. Such a shame, I loved her on their show :(

Someone is dead, show some humanity, bunch of l.o.s.e.r.s.!
I hope life will give you a lesson, like someone dancing on the grave of someone you like, criticizing and laughing at your loss, that’s what you deserve for your lack of humanity.

how can u say something so mean about a family that u dont even know.maybe u should just shut your mouth.if u cant say something nice then just shut up.

@anonymous @ 02/01/2012 at 5:41 pm

@anonymous:
What a vile thing to say about someone and you used “anonymous” to hide behind your comment too. I am thankfully not on the side of determining who gets to “use the earth’s resources”, but my guess is that people like you wouldn’t rate too high themselves.

Who cares? People die everyday. And much much more terrible things are going on in this world! Just cause shes a F-List celebrity we are supposed to care?

it could have been a post-partum depression not treated well, so sad :(

Jennica Panettiere @ 02/01/2012 at 7:32 pm

Ignore the trolls!

This is sooo sad! I remember buying the Shrek CD and her song was on it! It was one of the catchier songs on that soundtrack and I remember listening to it on my discman back in the day. Thank you for those memories, Leslie. So tragic. Rest her soul.

she died during visiting her dad with family..:(

carterbabe @ 02/03/2012 at 6:05 am

leslie carter died of suspected overdose of her medication for depression. RIP leslie…such a beautiful young woman, with a beautiful 10 month old daughter….my thorts go out to the rest of the Carter family n leslie’s friends ***

carterbabe @ 02/03/2012 at 6:08 am

@FrG: 100% true :-(

carterbabe @ 02/03/2012 at 6:10 am

@Tori: she got addicted to medication pills….so was stain with her dad to sort herself out….was on medication for schizophrenia, bi-polar n depression n apparently she tok an overdose on her depression pills….but docs think it may have been accidental