Brad Pitt: 'Daily Show' Interview!

Brad Pitt: 'Daily Show' Interview!

Brad Pitt sits down for an interview for The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Wednesday (February 1) in New York City.

The 48-year-old actor chatted about his Oscar nomination and getting his movie Moneyball made.

Brad also talked a bit about another one of his Oscar nominated films, The Tree of Life, but Jon quickly told Brad that he had seen the film five times and could not understand it!

In case you missed it, check out Brad on the cover of Vanity Fair Italia‘s February issue.

Check out the interview below…

Brad Pitt: ‘Daily Show’ Interview!
Posted to: Brad Pitt

Wheel of Fortune
  • Watch Wheel of Fortune end in a very rare tie - US Weekly
  • This rapper just got out of jail - TMZ
  • Nick Jonas goes shirtless for documentary trailer - Gossip Cop
  • Stream Fifth Harmony's new album now - Just Jared Jr
  • Kailyn Lowry's bare finger confirms her split - Radar
  • Rob Kardashian reveals significant weight loss - Huffington Post
  • See if you can solve this blind item - Lainey Gossip
  • B.B. King's 15 kids from 15 women fight for his money - The Hollywood Reporter
  • http://www.DiatribesAndOvations.com DiatribesAndOvations

I usually respect and admire his work and his parenting … http://wp.me/p1se8R-1uA … but I think he’s doing his kids a disservice by encouraging them to drink soft drinks.

• dd

Listen-we all know that BP likes to joke around so I don’t think he was serious about giving coke to his kids just to get them up and ready. So lighten up.

• from JJB

Cr guide2croatia

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt coming to the premiere of her film ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ in Zagreb, Croatia

The famous Hollywood couple, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, are expected in Zagreb, at the premiere of her film ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’, which will be screened on 17th February in CineStar Arena IMAX.

Supposedly they will stay in the presidential suite of the hotel Regent Esplanade, and will be welcomed by the specialties of local cuisine such as Zagorje stukli, fuzi, steak and salads that the actress usually eats.

The famous Oscar winner will present her directorial and screenwriting debut. Besides Angelina and Brad, the film crew led by the main actors Zanom Marjanovic, Goran Kostic and Radom Serbedzija, is also coming to the premiere.

In Bosnia and Herzegovina, the film will be screened from 16th February, and two days before, the famous actress will also present it at the gala premiere in Sarajevo.

‘In her directorial debut ‘In the Land of Blood and Honey’ , Angelina Jolie has shown the state of war in this region better than most of our directors’ , says Danilo Serbedzija.

The center of action is a love story about Danijel and Ajla who found themselves on opposite sides of the ethnic conflict. Before the war they were together, however, as the violence is flooding the earth, their relationship changes..

The film was nominated for “Golden Globe” in the category of Best Foreign Film, and won the Stanley Kramer Award that the Producers Guild of America awards to producers of films, which in an accessible and enriching way contribute to the understanding of provocative social issues.

• Love the JoliePitts

@lylian:
    .#29-30
    Thank you for the link and part about Brad paying for electricity to be installed in a village without it, Lylian.
    I think Brad and Angelina have done things like this in so many places they have been but not all their good deeds are recorded. NOT that B&A are looking for recognition or praise in doing a good deed. Their hearts are big and generous and they naturally reach out to help if they are in a position to do so. So many people have told stories here and there of how they both have done something kind as they passed by. And whether it is ever recorded for posterity is irrelevant. The people who have been helped by them know it and are grateful for the help and that is all that matters.

• Love the JoliePitts

FYI
    FO at A&B+6 has posted some beautiful pictures of Angelina and she says they are new. These look like pictures from when Angie did The Tourist promotion, only because of the bangs, and Angie has not had bangs lately, but I could be wrong. I hope Angie did style her hair like this again. She is breathtaking.
    Thank you, Fo, for the gorgeous snaps of mama Angelina.
    Please scroll down and enjoy.

• JP’s calendar

From what I read by far, this is what JP’s schedule will be.
    =====================
    Feb. 12 – BAFTA Film Awards
    Feb. 13 – Cinema for Peace Gala, Berlin for ITLOBAH Screeing
    Feb. 14 – ITLOBAH Sarajevo premiere
    Feb. 16 – ITLOBAH Bosnia and Herzegovina premiere
    Feb. 17 – ITLOBAH Crotia premiere
    Feb. 26 – Oscar Award

• Jaye

PItt might have thought he flatlined in Meet Joe Black, but I actually liked the movie very much. Maybe he felt emotionally flatlined, as that was part of the time that he was a couch weed potato at home,, but whatever his emotional state, it worked for the movie IMO.
    I still have some of his movies and Jolie’s on DVD that I haven’t seen yet. I hope they do make a film together, it doesn’t matter to me if they are together as a team in the movie or at odds, they’re just good together.
    Oh, btw. My eyes almost bled, but I saw Rachel when she had dark hair on Friends. I never knew. Oh, I know she’s a natural brunette, but I didn’t know she had that color on Friends. I never even saw Friends until it was in syndication, 2007, and only because of Lisa Kudrow. I thought Cox was prettier than Aniston. Aniston’s character was whinny and too needy, much like life. Fortunately, I only saw a few episodes. Loved the part Pitt played for that one episode, saw that on youtube.

• dawne

those new (if they are) pics with Angie with bangs are simply beautiful. \i love her in bangs; it frames ‘that face’ exquisitely.

RobertPeterson3 RobertBPetersonIII
    Angelina Jolie on @stlpublicradio’s Cityscape right now talking about inthelandofbloodandhoney.com. Hear her online @ bit.ly/WxGSb #Bosnian
    27 minutes ago

RobertPeterson3 RobertBPetersonIII
    Angelina Jolie & editor of Sabah, a #STL Bosnian-American newspaper talk about “In the Land of Blood and Honey” @ 11:38 on @stlpublicradio
    55 minutes ago

• civil

a bit OT: Love the Jolie Pitts & FO; please don’t ruin AB+6 like you did the other megas with your personal drama. Now that you’ve stopped using your Guli, BH monikers please be civil.

stlpublicradio STL Public Radio
    “I was surprised with how little I knew the more I learned… and I felt compelled to share it…” – Angelina Jolie on Cityscape NOW.
    25 minutes ago

• Love the JoliePitts

You GOTTA love the JoliePitt kids. :)
    From that Guardian link that Lylian provided on this thread:
    “Does he think he’s a good actor? “I think I’ve become one,” he says, adding that being a father of six has created the need “not to embarrass myself in front of my kids”.
    Boy…….those kids are too cute and Brad is too funny.

• Dc

Here’s angelina in her own words about her weight. To those haters that s always spreading lies about her. She is healthy and beautiful and she loves food. She thinks she is too thin but she doesn’t gain weight easily.

• JP Love

#29 lylian- this is a great share…the JPs do so much good that we never hear about or don’t hear about until years later. Nick K tweeted this today:
    NickKristof MT @acumenfund Impoverished Kerosene users pay 600 times more for light than people w/ electricity. ow.ly/8R5y6
    ___
    lylian @ 02/03/2012 at 3:12 am
    +22
    Just read the article from the Guardian someone posted in the previous thread. I was reading the comments too (which must have been moderated because most were actually on point and not full of garbage). Anyway, here is a comment from this person andiek
    3 February 2012 7:48AM at the guardian article:
    “When I was in Marrakech a couple of months back, the taxi driver my Riad had arranged to pick us up from the airport had happened about telling us that he’d been the driver for the cast and crew of a Hollywood film. That film was Babel, and the driver had met Brad Pitt. He’d never heard of Brad Pitt before that – not at all – but he said he was a genuinely really nice guy and while filming on set in the desert, ended up paying for a village to have electricity connected. Brilliant!”

• Dc

@Jaye – I always thought Courtney Cox was prettier than Anstin. I never understood why she was more popular than the others from Friends. I didn’t her find her funny.

• Love the JoliePitts

Another comment I like and think is very true in that same article/interview:
    ” He waits a beat, unleashes a killer grin. “I’m so damn affable, it’s disgusting.”
    Brad IS affable, lovable and desirable. Period!
    Brad is affably winning over and impressively slaying all the interviewers and talk sow hosts with his natural friendliness, gift of gab, openness, and his good old boy, down home, down-to-earth humbleness. Of course, his amazing good looks are definitely NOT a handicap.
    It is obvious Jon Stewart has a major man crush now and is completely hooked.
    Not only are the women interviewers swooning over him (as AC did touching his face in one of her interviews with him). It is understandable, she was completely overcome by his goodness and his irresistible good looks.
    But he has the male talk show hosts literally begging for him to appear on their show.
    Witness Dave Letterman having an emotional, almost apoplectic, tearful meltdown in front of his TV audience because Brad would not make even just an “appearance” on his show. Dave was so distraught, Howard Stern had to come on the show and comfort him and counsel him to let it go and get over it. Sad.
    And witness the massive, frenzied, swooning crowds chomping at the bit waiting outside TAS and TDS and the Today Show, just to see Brad, hear his voice and and prayerfully get an autograph from him.
    Now THAT is powerful magnetism and charisma and Brad has it naturally by the boat loads.

• busted

@Love the JoliePitts:

Those are beautiful. I don’t think they are new.. I never saw the ones with her that blue dress.. She is stunning

• DL

Brad is just yummy He is great in MB. oscar 2012 for Brad

• Rose

@dd: Dd, I don’t believe this is anything to defend Brad about. IMO, Brad did not say everyday we give the kids coco cola to wake them. I believe what had happened they were leaving from one country to fly somewhere and the kids could not get up. I know i would give my kids cc in a pinch, if they like that soda,all parents will do what they have to do. He did not put them under cold water or forced to drink coffee ect. The haters will find fault with everything Brad and Angie say and do, as you say, let the SS fans lightened up.

• DL

They have to speculate everything as if they care about the kids. He know what he meant and it is not something that will hurt the kiddies.

• Kim

@dawne: Those pics are from realtor I’ve seen them in Lies and Style and Ok Mag and TMZ. Thats what the house looked like when it was put on the market. If she have gioven them to People her mug would be in the pics. BTW I see People calls it “THEIR” home. Who gets the house when he dumps her. I was stuck in a long line at the store and read the NE Angie cheating story. that is the funniest Sh** I’ve read in months. Angie” cheated” on Brad by meeting a lover in a hotel room over a year BEFORE they go together. I guess I “cheated” on my hubby w/ the guys I dated in college before we met. LOL

• Love the JoliePitts

@Dc:
    #64
    Thank you for the article Dc. It is a reprint of an article Angelina did after her mother died. But it is just as relevant now as it was then with all the current comments about Angelina’s weight generated by the jealous Jen Hags whose eyes fell out when they beheld how beautiful Angelina is and looks at all the Award shows.
    You can bet your last dollar that if Angelina were heavier, they would be screaming about how fat she is compared to their less fat (in their eyes only) Aniston.
    I wonder how many more times will Aniston have to talk about how much and how often she exercises and what she eats, and what equipment she uses and blah, blah blah, to try and stay slender, before a light comes on in people’s heads and everybody finally gets it. -
    She is simply FAT and out of shape – NATURALLY.
    And unless she starves herself and virtually kills herself working out with yoga, running, and on machines, etc., she will always be FAT – NATURALLY!
    The old bought and paid for ads of “isn’t she pretty” and what a great shape she has that Huvy has spent tons of her money procuring for Aniston, nobody is buying as true. People have eyes and can see for themselves. There is nothing remotely beautiful or different physically about Aniston than any other average human being.
    And the other stupid game she plays…..Who wore it better? Copying Jolie’s style as soon as Jolie steps out of her last outfit.
    Only a silly, vain, vacuous, and needy woman would stoop to such nonsense.
    The comparisons will never cease as long as Aniston has money to pay.

• Love the JoliePitts

Thanks Lara D – A&B+6

On March 10 at Hyatt Regency New Orleans, Brad Pitt and Ellen DeGeneres will host “A Night to Make It Right” with special guests Randy Jackson and performances by Rihanna, Sheryl Crow, Seal and more. The benefit gala will raise vital funds for the completion of 150 environmentally friendly homes.

A Night To Make It Right will attract political leaders, philanthropists, artists and entertainers, including Mayor Mitch Landrieu and host committee members Blake Lively, Chris Paul, Sean Penn and many others.

New Orleans favorite John Besh is leading a team of celebrity chefs including Emeril Lagasse and Giada De Laurentiis to craft a dinner celebrating the finest culinary traditions of New Orleans and beyond. Comedian Aziz Ansari hosts the after party.
    This sounds so exciting and so fun.
    I am happy for anyone, in the neighborhood and outside the neighborhood, who can attend.

• anustin

hello jen,lovin ur new name.hehehehe now i can address ur name.welcome!babe.

• Alissa

Thanks to Angelina, Brad is just an empty dessicated shell now.

They better give him an Oscar this year before he crumbles to dust and just blows away.

Love,
    Alissa

• plez

@Dc:
    C Cox and Lisa Kudrow were the big stars at the big of Friends. Cox was doing movies. Kudrow was doing Friends plus another tv series. Then Ticky stopped wearing a bra and got her hair cut. Then she started getting attention for those things not any talent. Then she hooked up with Brad. Then everything changed for her.

• Love the JoliePitts

@anustin:
    #75
    Thank you, sweetheart! I am glad I changed it.
    Love you. :)

• Dc
  • nani

Love him, but miss Angie. She is the best.

• Passing Through

# 72 Kim @ 02/03/2012 at 3:03 pm
    Ticky and Huvsy are spinning the storyline that she and Squiggy bought that house together when everybody and their blind dog knows Squiggy hasn’t got that kind of money. He’s D- List actor and a C list writer. He’s not in the million dollar per screenplay category. I’d be surprised if he even got half of that. “They” paid $21MIL for the house and if Squiggy contributed more than $0 I’d be shocked. If she was dumb enough to put his name on the mortgage, which I doubt, then it’s gonna be hilarious when he dumps her and goes after the house.

• Passing Through

BTW, the news US Lies Weakly is once again claiming that Lenny & Squiggy are trying to have a baby. I hope it’s true…cuz if she’s preggers she can’t foist anymore bad movies on the public. The bad news is that if she really has a kid, then she’ll be out and about playing her PR games – and using the baby for PR ops whenever Brad or Angie have a premiere or any other major event. However, I’m not really worried about that because I still maintain that Ticky won’t have any kids for fear of her original nose, brown hair and low hairline will be revealed to all the world. People will look at her, then look a the kid, then look at Squiggy, at the kid again, then back at her and say, “Uhhhhhh…okay. Guess nobody told you genetics will out, huh?”

• anustin

lmao at you.miss P.T. lovin it!baby.

• anustin

oi!! alishi.t!!! moron!!! never forget the tic,toc.!!!!

bahahha…..too jealous of anjie’s baby poppa eh.

• bizzy bee

What I don’t like about Tom Cruise, his laugh can cause convulsions. So piercing and loud! And how he stretches his legs wide open when giving interviews like he’s so macho. Biggest star in the world? Only because he shoves himself down our throats.

Depp may be the biggest moneymaker, but Brad is quietly letting his movies speak for themselves, he has no need to jump on anyone’s couch to shine. He is truly the biggest star in the world.

I saw a picture of Clooney’s father and he and his son look around the same age! I wonder what’s aging Clooney so fast?

• 2PT

To Passing Through @ 02/03/2012 at 5:54 pm re. your comment, I agree it will be a big IF if ss does agree to have a baby but if she does, there’s no way it will be with her old eggs. She’ll have to buy some fresh eggs and by doing so will ensure that the bio mother doesn’t share ss’ original hair color, body structure or nose so ss can perpetuate her image as “all american natural”.

• anustin

u know…the faniston in hiatus…brad is talkin marriages hehehehe s’okey faniston,fuglyniston is happy with batman theroux.

• BA+6

JP #@JP’s calendar:

Pls correct me if I’m wrong. I thought this Saturday there is a Boston Award for Brad? Anybody aware of this?

• bdj

Entire article at link

Q&A: Tom Darden

Make It Right remains an active construction site, the ultimate work in progress. Led here in New Orleans by Tom Darden, the organization has set an ambitious goal: to complete all 150 houses by 2014. (They plan to break ground on a Frank Gehry-designed house soon.) While working on the Game Changers profile of Tim Duggan, Make It Right’s landscape architect, I interviewed Darden. The 32-year-old executive director talked about the background of this seminal project, its unforeseen challenges, and its potential for global impact. An edited version of our talk, conducted at the Make It Right offices, follows.

——
    Your goal is to build 150 homes and it looks like you’re going to do that. But there’s another legacy here, research and development.
    It’s more than just the houses. One of the benefits of this effort is that there are a lot of folks who come to us and want to demonstrate their new products. It’s something that we try to encourage and cultivate. We host summits where we call in manufacturers and say, “Show us your newest and greatest innovation” and then we think about creative ways to integrate them into our buildings. We have a patent pending on a pervious concrete mix and this basalt road reinforcement. That’s one way we’re learning to go beyond the 150 houses and have an impact in the building industry, which we’re realizing is an important part of this effort.

—-
    What about initiatives in other cities?
    One of the things that’s been really cool about this work is that we’ve been able to take some of what we’ve learned on the construction side and translate it to other efforts. We’re helping a non-profit in Newark, New Jersey right now construct a building that we expect will achieve LEED platinum with no added cost. In Kansas City, we’ve got a grant from the regional planning authority to work with the community to develop a plan for the redevelopment of a site in a transitional part of town. The next step will be to seek public funding, which we have submitted an application for. If we get the funding, the idea will be to build a LEED platinum, affordable project that helps to broaden our goals. In Newark it’s multi-family; in Kansas City, it’s mixed use. We’re trying to expand our expertise.

And in those two cities you have slightly different roles.
    In Newark, we helped convene the funding and acted in an advisory capacity for a group that already had plans to build. Our role was to help them make it greener and more affordable, to take those strategies that we use at Make It Right and apply them there. Here in New Orleans, we’re fully project managing. Kansas City is somewhere in between. We’ll have more of a project management role than in Newark, but we still we won’t have as much of a presence as we do in New Orleans, where we manage every facet of the project.

It seems like Make It Right is going to have a life beyond the Lower Ninth Ward.
    I hope so. Brad always had a much larger vision. Even at the time when we agreed on this 150 number—

• More Love for ITLOBAH

Here is link to the radio interview Angie did today. As usual, she is superb. I had no idea that St Louis had the largest Bosnian community outside of Bosnia- she sounds really excited that they were able to work it out for the film to run there:

• http://JustJared.com Premalee

JP Fans

Mr. & Mrs. Smith on FX 10 Time Warner 8:00 – 11:00 pm now

• Dc

She is a a real down to earth person. Love her.

Angelina Jolie tells Russ Carnahan to call her ‘Angie’

HACKING: When film superstar, human rights activist and director Angelina Jolie called Rep. Russ Carnahan last night in his Washington office, she told him to call her Angie, after thanking him for his efforts on behalf of her film about the horrors of the Bosnian war in the early 1990s.

The private phoner was prompted by work the congressman did for Jolie as she gathered information and sought interviews here with the Bosnian press and others. St. Louis has the largest population of Bosnians outside of their native country and Jolie wanted to let the community know what motivated her to make the film, “In the Land of Blood and Honey.”

Carnahan is a co-founder of the the bipartisan Congressional Bosnian Caucus, and has hosted multiple briefings and traveled with local Bosnians to Bosnia. He is also a Congressional Delegate to the General Assembly fo the United Nations.

A spokeswoman for Carnahan said today that the film originally was scheduled for a limited release but that the high level of social media chatter emanating from St. Louis prompted the studio to bring it here.

The film will open today at 4:45 p.m. at Wehrenberg Theatre’s Ronnies 20 Cine.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/columns/deb-peterson/angelina-jolie-tells-russ-carnahan-to-call-her-angie/article_0f64805c-4ea6-11e1-9ad0-0019bb30f31a.html#ixzz1lMgWKUnO

• bdj

“In the Land of Blood and Honey”, the directorial debut of Angelina Jolie, is on at this year’s Cinema for Peace gala 13th February 2012 at the Konzerthaus am Gendarmenmarkt Berlin with the “Honorary Award for Opposing War and Genocide” excellent.

—–
    Bosnia is one of the focuses of this year’s Cinema for Peace gala and also the work of the Cinema for Peace Foundation. The Foundation in November 2011 opened an office in Sarajevo in Bosnia-Herzegovina, which deals mainly with the investigation of the genocide in Srebrenica in 1995. As part of a documentary about 10,000 interviews with witnesses and survivors are led to the genocide of large display. Then the interviews in an online library will be made available. They form the basis for a documentary. Students, academics and non-government organizations receive a comprehensive look thus and backgrounds among other things, the events of the massacre in Srebrenica during the war in former Yugoslavia. The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia has indicted 161 war criminals, all 161 have been brought to justice. In addition to war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide was tried here for the first time rape as a separate crime against humanit

• bdj

Oscar Watch: Moneyball Deserves Your Consideration

If you haven’t seen Moneyball, do so before Oscar night. The story of Oakland A’s General Manager Billy Beane and how he shook up the over-a-century-old sport transcends sports to the very heart of human nature.

Check out our exclusive video interview with Supporting Actor nominee Jonah Hill on why he felt the film was one of his career best experiences.

• Just a Lurker

Oscar Nominees To Be Honored At Awards Luncheon

From the Best Actress and Actor categories all the nominees – Glenn Close, Viola Davis, Rooney Mara, Meryl Streep, Michelle Williams, Demián Bichir, George Clooney, Jean Dujardin, Gary Oldman and Brad Pitt – are expected to attend. Kenneth Branagh, Jonah Hill, Nick Nolte, Max von Sydow, Bérénice Bejo, Melissa McCarthy, Janet McTeer and Octavia Spencer will represent the Supporting Actor and Actress categories.

Three of the five nominees in the Directing category – Michel Hazanavicius, Alexander Payne and Martin Scorsese – also are expected to attend.

Academy Awards® for outstanding film achievements of 2011 will be presented on Sunday, February 26, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.

• bdj

Oscar® Nominees to be Honored at Awards Luncheon

Beverly Hills, CA – Eighteen of the 20 nominees in the acting categories will be among more than 150 Oscar nominees who will gather at noon on Monday, February 6, at the Beverly Hilton when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences honors this year’s Oscar contenders at its annual Nominees Luncheon. Additional confirmations are expected to come in over the weekend.

• bdj

OSCARS 2012: PRESS PLAY contributors argue for their favorites

There is real mystery to Pitt’s take on Billy Beane. He loves the game, but knows the game is changing. He knows he has to get wins in order to keep his job and is more than willing to modernize

I do know Pitt is happy as can be to be nominated in the same category as Gary Oldman. His death scene in Fight Club is inspired by Oldman. Pitt says on that film’s commentary, “No one dies like Gary!” It should also be noted that Pitt gets a slight advantage in that his work in both Moneyball and The Tree of Life show how wide a range he truly has.

• queenbee

Howard Stern says that Brad Pitt leaving Chinnifer was the SMARTEST MOVE OF 2006, and that MANLESSton is a whiny C#NT!! LOL!! I know he’s a sleaze sometimes, but he sure can call a spade a spade…hehe! Here’s the video below…
    ___

• love

legendary producer Stan Lee’s tweet:
    Notice how Brad Pitt is holding Angelina protectively while I’m with them. But I told him I was happily married and then he relaxed. Seriously, they’re one of the nicest couples in Hollywood — next to Joanie and me, of course!
    Awww lol Brad..

• bizzy bee

@Queenbee #98

Thanks for the link. This is one of the funniest clips I’ve ever seen, peeing my pants right! FOR YEARS, people have been trying to explain Brad and Ticky’s situation, and here Stern summed it up in a couple of minutes.

Don’t like the man, but he hit the nail on the head here.