Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Whitney Houston has passed away at the age of 48, sources confirm to JustJared.com.

The singer passed away on Saturday (February 11). She was expected to show up at a studio for a photo shoot in the afternoon and to attend Clive Davis‘ Annual Grammy Party in the evening, JustJared.com can exclusively reveal.

Whitney was the first female artist to ever debut at number one on the Billboard charts and she is considered one of the world’s best-selling female artists with over 200 million albums sold worldwide. After struggling with addiction, Whitney returned to the music scene in 2009 with her album I Look to You.

Later this year, Whitney‘s new film Sparkle will be released into theaters. Check out a brand new still from the film that was released last week.

Whitney is survived by her daughter Bobbi Kristina, whom she had with ex-husband Bobby Brown.

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 78 » Show All

Oh and please don’t no one even dare blame Bobby for anything. I like Whitney and was rooting for her and was a bigger fan of Whitney than Bobby, but I know good and well Bobby wasn’t the main cause for her issues.

I’m afraid I saw this coming when she got involved with Bobby Brown. She’d have been better off if she had never met that doper!! Hopefully, she can rest in peace now. She was unbelievably talented. The voice of an angel.

Tiger Lilly @ 02/11/2012 at 8:43 pm

This is unbelievable, I’m so sad what a beautiful voice what a light to go out

I still can´t believe it… She was SO young, and this is so sad…ç

Rest in peace, Whitney :’(

this is effed up.

Ralph King @ 02/11/2012 at 8:47 pm

Another lost Soul….we will miss her.

Love The Shoes @ 02/11/2012 at 8:47 pm

I’m challenging posters to not acknowledge or respond to those posts who have nothing better to do than attempt to make light of what has happened and those who mourn it. Just ignore the ignorant.

OMG!!!!! I can’t even comprehend this!!!!!

OMG !!!! im in shock !!

Sooooooo SAD .

im SHOCKED :( R.I.P<3

My heart is bleeding @ 02/11/2012 at 8:51 pm

May she rest in peace.
Her voice was a consolation for me when I was sad, it depth could uplift my mood and make me dance and believe.
I am so sad there’s no word to express all the sadness.
She was taken by her drug addictions and her sad sentimental life (Bobby brown and his own addictions had open the doors to devil in her life).
Her poor daughter, Dionne and all her family, her mom and fans known and unknown we all cry and say Whitney”we will always love you”.
Rest in peace. You made good things in your life, your voice is the one of an Angel. You made people happy and believe in Love.

TMZ had one of their typically nasty posts this morning about Whitney out last night and in a mess. They took it down when they posted her death notice. Very brave of them. But sad to hear this about Whitney. So beautiful and so much talent. Such a sad waste. My thoughts and prayers go to her family.

groovacious @ 02/11/2012 at 8:56 pm

omg i have goosebumps! HOW???

omg how shocking…..

its not right….and its not ok

Sad when anyone dies.. I feel for her daughter

RIP Whitney @ 02/11/2012 at 9:01 pm

This really hurts, I am in tears! I really thought she was getting better…The WORLD has lost an artist with a voice that comes around once in a blue moon! OMG, I am so very sad :(

I hope Bobbi Kristina get her act together.

Her voice! her voice! NO! Im so sad she never got her fairytale ending we were all rooting for. I grew up to Whitney!!1 NO! I will never be able to listen to her music the same again, this was the last thing I ever thought I’d hear tonight. I listen to her music alot and this is so depressing for me. I know we shouldnt blame one person but my sister was with a guy who changed her for the worse (luckily she is healed now and didnt die) but seriously get out of a relationship with a guy on drugs NOW! bad boys aren’t cute when this is the outcome!

Shirley Hightower @ 02/11/2012 at 9:12 pm

This is something. Drugs do not care who they consume or where.
We lost her a long ago and never was able to get her back. Ms Houston now you are at piece.

omg.. no way is she gone… i’m sick to my stomach, i want to cry and i didnt even know her.. she is the greatest singer ever..

signs of the time is near,, u never know when it’ll be your time to go home to your father..

her songs will be forever played in my house and her movies.. “i will always love you” WHITNEY HOUSTON.. R.I.P

RIP Whitney

too bad she couldn’t fight her addictions

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 78 » Show All