Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Whitney Houston has passed away at the age of 48, sources confirm to JustJared.com.

The singer passed away on Saturday (February 11). She was expected to show up at a studio for a photo shoot in the afternoon and to attend Clive Davis‘ Annual Grammy Party in the evening, JustJared.com can exclusively reveal.

Whitney was the first female artist to ever debut at number one on the Billboard charts and she is considered one of the world’s best-selling female artists with over 200 million albums sold worldwide. After struggling with addiction, Whitney returned to the music scene in 2009 with her album I Look to You.

Later this year, Whitney‘s new film Sparkle will be released into theaters. Check out a brand new still from the film that was released last week.

Whitney is survived by her daughter Bobbi Kristina, whom she had with ex-husband Bobby Brown.

• Mandy Moore has a zoo of pets at her home- US Weekly
  • NBA player Paul George suffers horrific leg injury during a game- TMZ
  • Michael Strahan and Nicole Murphy have split after five years- Gossip Cop
  • Watch Ella Henderson sing her latest single 'Ghost'- Just Jared Jr
  • Peter MacNicol will be a series regular on CSI: Cyber- Entertainment Weekly
  • Kelly Ripa rocks a really short pair of spandex shorts for a workout- Huffington Post
  • Oscar Isaac will star in the upcoming film Show Me A Hero- Lainey Gossip
  • James Lafferty will star in Waffle Street- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Karina Jelinek and Paz Cornu shows off their bikini bodies on the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 78 » Show All

We lost her too soon. She left a legacy like no other. Rest in peace, Whitney. We will always love you!

Love The Shoes @ 02/11/2012 at 9:29 pm

I feel the same as I did when Amy Winehouse died. They had the voices I’m going to miss, These two were blessed with real deal talent and although I don’t know what took Whitney, and I’m still sad about Amy, I still have them via those amazing voices.

Surprised, but yet not surprised. The pictures of her partying Thurs and Fri were sad. She looked out of her mind with drugs. Blood running down her leg. Scratches on her arms. Whitney why? You had it all. So sad.

Emanele810 @ 02/11/2012 at 9:30 pm

This comes so abrupt i’m just speechless…guess you’ll be teaching the angels how to tear down the house with a single note from now on :’) R.I.P. for you deserve to

I did not want to believe it. I feel really sad over this celeb death :-(

I am shocked. She had what may be the greatest voice ever. I remember her Super Bowl national athem – probably the best it has ever been done. What a tremendous talent lost.

Very sad news. EPIC loss for the music industry. Her accomplishments are staggering, read them. RIP.

Young Whitney... @ 02/11/2012 at 9:38 pm

I remember when she first started her career and she was so shy and demure on the Midnight Special, I think it was. So young, beautiful and innocent. She had everything going for her… talent, a tremendous amazing voice, charismatic stage presence and beauty. Yet, there was always a sadness about her… I’m sure she had her pick of any man. I wish a kind gentleman who sincerely loved her and cared about her would have swept her away and taken care of her…. having her best interests in mind. The alternative of who she met that sent her spiraling down to this is too sad for words. Where was her support?

Correction EPIC loss, period. Condolences to the family. smh…

BREAKING NEWS ! The legendary Whitney Houston dead at 48. Share your thoughts, memories and reactions in the comments.

RIP Whitney Houston @ Facebook

colin phillips @ 02/11/2012 at 9:56 pm

Total Shock!!…….

Hope that people like Demi Moore and Katie Holmes can get help before it’s too late.

Just another crack head, what did you expect.

I am in my mid fifties and many times I feel like I am still trapped in my 14th year. She had her demons and 48 is too young. Now comes a week of maudlin and teeth-grinding shows of Whitney’s “tragic life and death” coverage. I think I will stay away from TV this coming week and read a book instead.

R.I.P to the original DIVA!! May you find the peace that you never seemed to find here with your family and millions of fans. My heart goes out to your family.

I’m at a loss for words. She will be thoroughly missed, and has left a lasting impression on me. You are one of the best, Whitney. Will never forget your talent.

OMG….So Sad
R.I.P Whitney….Fan From Vietnam

Yessssssssssss @ 02/11/2012 at 10:35 pm

Lord have Mercy, Fame is killing these people!!!
Rest In Peace Whitney! God given Voice.

omg, cant be! RIP!

JOAN BOGORAE @ 02/11/2012 at 10:41 pm

This was sort of shocking since I had been hearing all kinds of good things about Whitney’s performance in the movie she filmed with Jordin Sparks.But her life was too full of bad situations to end any other way.Still a very sad thing to hear about.

Ginna chimunda @ 02/11/2012 at 11:05 pm

Rest in internal peace yu wil be remembered Whtny

Though it seemed almost inevitable, I pray it wasn’t an overdose. May God have mercy on her soul. REST IN PARADISE, WHITNEY. Your voice was incomparable. Much love.

Since Whitney’s sudden death her songs “I Will Always Love You” and “The Greatest Love of All” have been playing… I can’t help but shed tears…..

Oh Whitney, will miss an immensely talented person that you are. You’re just making a comeback with a new movie…. in it , you were the old Whitney that I knew. And now this……

RIP The VOICE!