Whitney Houston's Death: New Details Revealed

Whitney Houston's Death: New Details Revealed

New details have been revealed in the death of singer Whitney Houston, who passed away at the age of 48 on Saturday (February 11).

The singer was found unresponsive in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel by a member of her entourage. Paramedics were called and they tried to perform CPR on her, but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55PM PST, according to TMZ.

Whitney was to attend Clive Davis‘ annual party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel this evening. TMZ also reports that Whitney had spoken to her cousin Dionne Warwick and mother Cissy Houston just before her death about attending the party and that everything seemed fine.

While there have been no signs of foul play, a full investigation into Whitney‘s death has begun.

Here are some highlights of Whitney‘s career:

• Over 200 million albums sold worldwide
  • Recipient of six Grammy Awards and twenty-six nominations
  • Winner of twenty-two American Music Awards and thirty-eight nominations, more than any other female solo artist in history
  • Only artist to chart seven consecutive Number One Billboard Hot 100 hits (“Saving All My Love for You”, “How Will I Know”, “Greatest Love of All”, “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)”, “Didn’t We Almost Have It All”, “So Emotional”, and “Where Do Broken Hearts Go”)
  • First female artist to debut an album at number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart
  • Appeared in four films, including 2012′s Sparkle
  • Only artist with at least one Grammy, Emmy, MTV Video Music Award, MTV Movie Award, People’s Choice Award, and Billboard Music Award to their name.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All

Rest in Peace Whitney,,the greatest singer,,you will be remember.
Prayers to all her family…

One of the greatest singers ever. May she find peace in the next life.

Janice Carreon @ 02/12/2012 at 12:10 am

my idol…rest in peace=(
you’re such an icon…and we will always remember you thru your songs…

Such a talented star for so many years.
RIP Whitney Houston.

We will surely miss you WHITNEY. From The PHILIPPINES

RIP Whitney Houston, this is such a sad day… I like this song the best : http://www.weekplay.com/i-will-always-love-you-video-whitney-houston.html

CookieFace @ 02/12/2012 at 12:39 am

R.I.P. I loved your music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its sad to seee someone die so young!

Yup,humans have a strong desire to place the blame on someone or something especially in a tragic situation…so we blame BB for her death. Really? So she wasn’t a grown woman, fully capable of making her own choices? BB may have introduced her to drugs but she had the power to walk away from the destruction at any given time. No one held a gun to her head and forced her to abuse drugs for years and years to come. She had the wealth,the smarts and the love of SOOOOO many other’s,so stop the blame game.She now is yet another example that we have to teach our children why it is wrong to abuse drugs.May she sing with perfect angels…RIP.

@Marie: @Marie: i dont know how you can be so suprised it is well known shes been using hard drugs for many years. Without professional help it was really a matter of time

groovemachine @ 02/12/2012 at 1:01 am

F’n crack hoe.
of coarse it was drug related….. if not from immediate use then from heart failure due to years of extensive rock smoking.
it’s too bad but 48 yrs old is a long life for a crackhead.
all kinds of good living non-crackheads probably died today in various stages of their lives too… every one of them is more deserving of my thoughts then Whitney is.
Condolences to those who actually care about her.

@Yessssssssssss: No I’m afraid it’s drink & drugs killing these people.

Beaver Paras @ 02/12/2012 at 1:18 am

She was very popular in our country-Philippines, she was most admired by many filipinos, infact, almost in all our TV networks, she was given a tribute for the greatest contribution she ever had in all her hit songs.

Bradley Bobst @ 02/12/2012 at 1:20 am

Today The Music world has lost one of the greatest and Beautiful Voices of All Time Whitney Houston She will be truly and Deeply Missed by her Fans and The Music World RIP Whitney Houston we will always love you.

WELL, I DON’T DENY SHE WAS A GREAT SINGER… BUT, MAYBE IF SHE DIDN’T DO DRUGS THIS NEVER WOULD HAVE HAPPENED… MEH.. IN MY EYES IF YOU ARE STUPID ENOUGH TO DO DRUGS THEN WHAT HAPPENS, HAPPENS.

SHE WAS A GREAT LADY WITH A GREAT VOICE -IT’S SAD-MAY HER
SOUL REST IN PEACE

you’ve been ma fav singer,miss ya big time n may ya soul rest in peace.

Never cared for her music, but I have to admit she had a great voice and it’s sad to see another entertainer die fairly young.

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

SHE WAS A LEGEND OF ALL TIMES …MAY WHITNEY REST IN PIECE

R.I.P Whitney, you were great

listentoyourheart @ 02/12/2012 at 2:41 am

On more than one occasion my heart has told me to write to Whitney and tell how much she is missed and that she is a valuable human being, but I hesitated because I thought, “What difference will it make, who am I”? And then just this week she was on my mind. I’ve made up my mind to tell more people I love them and what they mean to me, no matter who it is. Its the living that can make a difference. She inspired me in many ways.

Rest well my baby. Thanks for serenading me last night. Your last hoorah. Never again will there be another you. Never.

It really hurts how can we be losing all our great musicians not long ago Michael left us and you also gone.RIP Whitney we know u still with us.

larry ajasa @ 02/12/2012 at 3:10 am

i can’t still believe what is happening in this word, good people don’t live long but bad people live long why? I will miss you so much whitney houston and your songs will remain evergreen in my heart. P.I.P whitney.

May her soul rest in peace!
– sent from Just Jared for Android

sheena anne gan @ 02/12/2012 at 3:32 am

she has a God given talent, so sad she’s gone but she will never be forgotten, Farewell to a genius singer…

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All