Taylor Swift's Grammy Performance - Watch Now!

Taylor Swift's Grammy Performance - Watch Now!

Taylor Swift takes to the stage at the 2012 Grammy Awards held at Staples Center on Sunday (February 12) in Los Angeles.

The 22-year-old country cutie performed her song “Mean” during the show.

Earlier in the evening, Taylor picked up the awards for Best Country Song and Best Country Solo Performance for “Mean”. She was also nominated for Best Country Album for Speak Now, but lost out to Lady Antebellum‘s Own The Night.

Taylor walked the red carpet in a gorgeous Zuhair Murad dress earlier that night.

Taylor Swift: Grammys Performance 2012
taylor swift grammys performance 2012 01
taylor swift grammys performance 2012 02
taylor swift grammys performance 2012 03
taylor swift grammys performance 2012 04
taylor swift grammys performance 2012 05

Credit: Kevin Winter; Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2012 Grammy Awards, Taylor Swift

best country song? the lyrics sound like a nursery rhyme. i guess taylor would call me mean. idgaf taylor. the song is simple & juvenile.

the whole surprised look lost its cute factor about the first dozen times.

Did Taylor Swift have that barricade built for her performance’s backdrop because she DID NOT get the role in Tom Hooper’s Les Miserables? LOL Guess she thinks he’s MEAN.

I thought she was trying to channel Katniss and hunger games

so tired of this mess @ 02/12/2012 at 10:58 pm

Nice to see that Taylor “Not So” Swift is finding out about live auto-tune. It is a shame that she still writes songs to attack people. Guess since she chased off all her boyfriends she is reduced to attacking people who recognize her lack of talent. She does not deserve even a quarter of the awards she gets, but it is the same out story…Don’t kick the puppy… Most of her fame is from people’s pity. Poor Taylor…Let’s make her feel better about herself…. This is where music is going folks, so don’t be shocked in a few years when it is all in the toilet, er I mean a few more months…. Wake up you tone deaf sheeple…

This was the worst performance of the night.

HATERS GON HATE! TSWIFT WAS AMAZING! SHE IS AMAZING. SO HATERS CAN GOOOO. BYE! i love you taylor!!!

That was what she brought to the table …?????

She can’t handle legitimate criticism, or tolerate people asking why so much is handed to her when there are so many better performers. So I guess if you aren’t a fan you are a liar, pathetic loser etc. I used to sort of like her. After hearing this song I now understand why some people hate her.

I agree, Sara!!! She was embarrassing. I have to wonder how she can go out on a stage after watching all those really talented people perform and think she is their equal. She is manufactured in Nashville and L.A. where song doctors re write her ditties. She should be writing verses for greeting cards. She can’t sing and she strums her banjo and her guitar like a 10th grader. Sometimes people aren’t being mean, they’re being honest.

Love her and that song is AMAZING. But I totally agree with the surprised look. I just want to smack that expression right off her face. By now she has to know that everyone loves her and loves her music.

@Rose&Sage @ 02/12/2012 at 11:24 pm

I like her but I was embarrassed when she started pulling out the dramatic faces and dance moves. On a good note, sounds like she’s had some vocal lessons recently. By far better than her performance with Stevie Nicks.

When she did that Mick Jagger move I laughed and cringed at the same time lol

And I can’t believe she’s my age!! She acts like a 17 year old and other people treat her like that, she’s 22!

Worst performance, and worst dressed of the night! When will the music industry realize what a waste of space Taylor is and that she belongs in the back woods of the south! P.S. I can see her marrying one of her cousins in the future!!!

It was okay. I too am tired of her LOOK AT ME I’M SURPRISED THAT I’M GREAT SO I’LL DROP OPEN MY MOUTH look. At least a real singer won this year. Was Taylor nominated in anything other than country?

Adele >>> Tay Swift .

I loved the performance!! It was great! The production set, and wardrobe fit the song imo. I don’t know what y’all are talking about. She bagged 2/3 grammys tonight. Haters can have several seats to the left. P.S. I loved her red carpet dress! She looked FLAWLESS!

I love this performance! Congrats Taylor on winning 2 Grammys

@Weetie: That’s a stupid comment. When did she say every person who didn’t appreciate her music was automatically mean? She wrote this song about a critic who went too far, and if you bothered to look into it, you’d know several other music bloggers agreed. Know your facts before you speak.

People love to hate on taylor. I think she did great. Her outfit goes with the song..kind of the whole point of it… she was awesome!

@Kathy:

I looked into it. Bob Lefsetz was definitely not “too mean”, and other music bloggers didn’t “agree” with him. She’s just really immature with this song, and keeps pulling up the same drama over and over again.

Besides, if this performance was supposed to “prove” herself – she really didn’t do a good job of showcasing any vocal skills she’s meant to have.

Sorry if that’s too “Mean”.

one of her very bests

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

Addison Timlin @ 02/13/2012 at 12:13 am

@so tired of this mess: Writing a whole paragraph judging how a country singer should live her life. You’re so cool.

She isnt trying to impress anybody. Shes not tryna be over the top, shes singing her songs how she wants to and is doing it while remaining wholesome and not offending anybody. Just like Adele. And yeaahh i know Adele has a waay better voice, although i still love taylors voice too. If you people want to ***** at someone ***** at nickis performance, that was some bad ****.

I am looking forward to the day I can say “Hey, that Taylor Swift song doesn’t sound like every other song she’s done.” Sadly, not yet.

taylor swift is the best and all you haters are jealous

Rick borden @ 02/13/2012 at 12:51 am

Never saw a 6-string banjo before. I think it was a guitar rigged up to look like a banjo, probably because she doesn’t know how to play the real thing.

@so tired of this mess:
Go for check up you blindy. She does not need to sing the way you think it should be. You do not know well about music. I did not mean that her songs is the best and only direction but please, if you can’t understand it just shut your bitchy mouth.

Taylor can play 20+ different instruments. Her voice sounded amazing and her performance was great. Why y’all so mean? Jealous?

I thought SHE was Great, the performance was Great and all her music is Great !
What do some people want??
I could listen to her ALL day.
I think by winning two grammy’s speaks for itself.
Keep it up Tay “13″ Swift

What is wrong with her surprised look? Maybe she’s genuinely surprised each time she is applauded! I’d be willing to bet that if she just smiled and bowed, some of you would still complain that she’s all full of herself and has lost her humility. Be true to yourself, Taylor! It will be fun to see you grow. Just remember that adult doesn’t equal tart. :) It makes me sad to see lovely young women “grow up” flashy and trashy.

@Rick borden:

Exactly. She can’t play the real thing…

She’s cute. Nice song. Good art direction.

i cant believe people are annoyed by her humble reaction. do you want her to stand up there like a diva, acting like shes the greastest thing since sliced bread? shes adorable and down to earth despite all her success. some people just love to hate her.

so happy i grew up in the 60′s and 70′s b/c the kids today gotta listen to this crap, sad for them !

That’s not a banjo,it’s called a banjitar..

@so tired of this mess:Yes, please grace us with your immense wisdom on the comments section of this article stating how you think this music industry’s gone to ****. Unless you’ve put out 3 albums and have won numerous awards, you don’t have the right to criticize anyone.

redherring @ 02/13/2012 at 3:23 am

she is cute and simple. she isn’t trying to be anything else.

She plays the banjo when she sings our song live!

Meh. All her songs sound exactly the same. And enough of the “OMG! I can’t believe you guys are giving me an ovation” reaction, Taylor. Got old the 4th time you did it. Where is Kanye when you need him most?

SwiftyAndProud @ 02/13/2012 at 3:30 am

Okay, first of all, congrats Taylor, I’m so proud of you!

Taylor did amazing, I really don’t get what you all are criticizing? She looked stunning and she sounded amazing!

Oh, and her stunned look? C’mon people! She got STANDING OVATION! At the GRAMMY’S!! It wasn’t fans like at her concerts it was by names bigger than hers. If that’s not impressing I don’t know what is.

She has 6 Grammy awards in her bag now, and over a hundred awards in general.

Taylor is fully aware that her voice isn’t perfect. “You have pointed out my flaws again, as if I don’t already see them”. I get that not everyone likes her, I mean, NO ONE is liked my absolutely everyone, but you can still be respectful. So many the people who write on boards like this ARE plain Mean. Get a grip guys, you can hide behind your computer screen and write Mean things, but could you go up to her and say it to her, or one of her Swifties faces if you got the chance? I think not.

I must say though, that the new background singers on this performance didn’t really work for me. You couldn’t hear Liz or Caitlin’s voices at all, the one with the darker voice really drowned them out.

Its not about those people who aren’t her fans…its actually about a crtic who kept bashing her…she’s not the best vocal performer…but she’s really improved…If only people gave her a chance.
Plus this song (“Mean”) is a great empowerment anthem against bullies…Guess that’s what she was aiming at….and not to those people who aren’t her fans.
Critics say she’s best when she connects with her country roots…so I guess the outfit and performance of “Mean” was just to achieve that.
Plus…idk what Adele had to do with this post so I don’t get why people put “Adele >>>>> Taylor Swift”… she wrote a whole ALBUM ABOUT ONE SINGLE GUY!!!!! (and they say TAylor sings about the same thing)…She’s just more superior vocally…BUT, on that note:
Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood >>>>>>>> Adele.

Devereaux Yvet @ 02/13/2012 at 4:12 am

That’s how we do it ya’ll!

Love how she dropped in “Singing this at the Grammys”. Just marvelous, absolutely marvelous!

Sam Pique @ 02/13/2012 at 4:23 am

She was perfect and a very pretty 22 years old . Would love my wife to have the same looks come guys dont be RUDE thanks

Taylor is FEARLESS @ 02/13/2012 at 4:27 am

People can say all they want about Taylor but she deserves her place there. She works so hard to get where she is now and you honestly can’t say anything mean about her, she is just a beautiful person inside and out. She does that face all the time, she does it with the band she loves so much who are all thankful to be where they are today. She may not sing like Adele, just like the majority of the singers there can’t but Taylor can sing and there’s no denying that. She came from a tiny, unknown record label, wrote all of her songs, sung all of them and that proves just how excellent she is to have come this far. If she was ‘terrible’ or whatever people are saying, she would have gotten nowhere with the record label she’s with. Give her some respect. Ok, criticism is good, we all learn from constructive criticism but there is no point making harsh and unwanted comments saying she has no talent. She can play a variety of instruments, can sing almost any style, can act, can write… I don’t really see any of you ‘haters’ doing any of this and getting somewhere in life. But then again, the amount of haters she has compared to the amount of true and faithful fans she has, you’re all just a couple of ants in a playground. So have fun on missing out on one of the most fearless rides yet with Taylor, you haters really don’t understand what you’re missing with her, and to be honest, I pity you all.

And also Taylor looked absolutely stunning at the Grammys and 2/3 awards… I couldn’t be happier!:)

Haha…Taylor winning another set of Grammy awards and getting people mad. Priceless.

Great performance from The Queen! She looked great as well! :)

KittyPurry @ 02/13/2012 at 6:02 am

@Huh?: stop calling people jealous! Not everyone who says something about taylor is “mean” or “jealous”. stop it. HOW OLD ARE SWIFTIES? 15? like the grand queen Taylor swift, all of her fans seem to get so defensive over comments. Makes me hate her even more. I am SO happy she didnt get nominated for the big awards, she won best country song and solo, BUT she didnt win best country album? wonder why.. oh yea, she isnt country and she isnt the best. She wasnt included in the big 4? because she isn’t good enough.

FYI, the guy she wrote about in “mean”, actually commented about her grammy performance, he said “still can;t sing” That’s right. she cannot sing, but tht’s not why i dislike her. I dislike her pretentious image, i dislike her shocked face, i dislike her fake manufactured image, and most of all… i HATE Her obsessed fans. I guarantee you, if her fans werent so mean, taylor would have wayyyy less haters

@Lissa

Guess you havent heard “Safe and Sound” yet :/

SwiftyAndProud @ 02/13/2012 at 6:22 am

@KittyPurry:

Since when are we mean? We aren’t mean, we’re defensive. Now, if we were mean, we’d use all the swear words we knew, call you very ugly names and tell you to go jump off a bridge or something like that. Instead of doing that, I want to tell you I feel sorry for you. You must have a very miserable life to be so hateful.

Taylor has 6 well deserved Grammy awards, you aren’t being constructive at all, you’re mean. Just plain mean.

And NOTHING is fake about Taylor! Can you give a good example where she’s fake? Have you ever seen her with her fans? Have you read all the amazing stories about her? Visiting hospitals without alerting the media, like most celebs do (the story came out because the mother of a patient blogged about it). Or what about one of the beautiful Meet&Greet/T-Party/other stories?

Taylor is amazing <3 She didn't just write this song about critics who were mean, she wrote it about how others have been mean to her before she was famous and after which I totally understand. I'm at high school ( an English one) and I see people being mean and its songs like this that reminds you in the end not being mean like them pays off so listening to Taylor's music helps with high school a lot <3 Yeah she still pulls suprised faces but she is charming and her speak now world tour was like a story which makes a change from what we usually see and I love it as it does cheer me up aswell as millions of others <3 And don't go hating on her from where she from, I live somewhere were people automatically judge us from were we live but most of us are better than that :)

Dear haters: All you are is mean. And a LIAR. And PATHETIC. and ALONE IN LIFE. :)

If you’re going to criticize her then, why are you here in the first place? We all have different tastes in music, but do you have to criticize every.fvking. artist that you never even know personally? Taylor doesn’t write songs to impress all of us, she writes songs to express her feelings and inspire every girl. If she’s childish and immature, well, it’s better if she stays as she is rather than being fake. She stays as herself, never changes herself just because people wanted her to. You like Adele than Taylor? Go find Adele’s picture and endlessly rant how much she is better than TSwift, we Swifties never needed your fvking opinion here. And, oh my god, if you’re saying that she can’t sing and can’t even play a single damn instrument made in this freaking, fvking, judgmental world, CAN YOU? Oh please …

kingkasyski @ 02/13/2012 at 7:58 am

She should retire and take her whiny ass lame songs with her in the backwoods where she belongs and just sings in a river there and act shocked when one of the fish pop up to tell her to shut up.

Taylor Swift Dont nmo mush bout Music but she looks cute :D

LOL—She played it safe this year and lip synced so people would not hear her off key singing and criticize her. Did anyone see her face when Lady A won the award for country album?? She did not likt that at all–and she has only 1country song on her album and expects to win an award for that 1 song??? Her star is starting to dim and it is about time this manufactured FAKE singer goes away. Her surprised look is annoying now–it is NOT cute at all. She sounds like a ranting, immature teenager in her songs. Lame…..

To members of the Swfit nation: She aight. Nothing to write home to mom about. Typical looking, typical sounding…an average talent. All her songs are of the same content and to be honest, it gets a little old. I won’t deny that she has at least some talent, but it would be great if she could grow as a person. If I hear one more song about kissing in the rain, I think I might barf.

To the Haters: It’s not that serious…and even at minimal talent, she is probably more talented than you. Does she deserve all of the awards she receives? No…prolly not…but everyone know that the Grammys are rigged anyway. So chillax. It’s not even worth all the hating.

Is everyone tone deaf or something? Do they not hear how many notes she messed up? This girl is a mediocre singer at best and does not deserve any of the fame she’s gotten. She’s skinny, blond haired, blue eyed and that is the only thing that’s gotten her this far.

skip jackson @ 02/13/2012 at 9:55 am

Hey Guys, you wouldn’t know talent if it bit you. Taylor Swift is 22 YEARS OLD and TALENTED BEYOND BELIEF. I guess you guys like Chris Brown? Talk about no talent>>>>>>>>>>boring and canned and computer controlled. He couldn’t sing if you took off that silly microphone that analyzes and pumps out R2D2 voice commands. BORING BORING AND NO TALENT, NONE.
Taylor Swift will always be a legend, even at 22. She is good to go, forever

@KittyPurry: Taylor has her own unique sound and the fans love her for that.I listen to Adele,Carrie,Jason,Katy,etc because they all bring something different to the table and isn’t that what they’re supposed to do ?? Taylor plays piano,banjo,ukulele,banjitar,acustic-electric and twelve sting guitar. She’s no Jimmy Hedrix, but she’s adequate enough for what she does and that’s to entertain us which she does amazingly well !! Taylor uses these instruments to intertwine with her band and to help bring her emotions to the songs.. If you don’t get that,then move on to someone you do like that way you can be a more positive and happier person.. P.S. Two years ago she did win the big ones and top prize,album of the year! You must have missed that grammy ?? ” Good Day “

i dont know her too much but i found that is was the best performance of the night., simple, joyfull and really well done.

neil Young. Bob Dylan are not the best singers and are you gonna say that they are no good…

Yessssssssssss @ 02/13/2012 at 12:38 pm

Taylor Swift Sucks. Just Grow up Taylor!!!

lafamepoma @ 02/13/2012 at 2:42 pm

everybody’s laughing about her dress, but it’s a fact is horrible and her music.. don’t think is so good for wining Grammys, but i’m the one who choose the winners.

What a great performance ! Her and Paul Mcartney were the high points of the show

lol. She looks like a villager.

stubborntomato @ 02/13/2012 at 4:25 pm

Why was she playing the banjo like an electric guitar?

Just to set the record straight, not ALL of her fans are 15 yrs. old. I’m well over 15 and I adore Taylor Swift, primarily because so many of her fans are young, impressionable girls and she is the perfect role model. Many of her lyrics really pull at my heart strings,i.e., Never Grow Up, and her voice is soft, sweet and melodic. I took my granddaughter to one of her concerts and it was only then I realized why she deserves The awards she wins. It was truly an awesome experience!

Kind of Hee Haw meets The Dixie Chicks.Taylor might have had issues in the past performing live but I thought she sounded great on this.For my money this was the best performance of the night.

Stephanie @ 02/13/2012 at 6:08 pm

Her facial expressions were probably a little overdone, but saying that music is going down the toilet is a little unfair. After all, Adele won album of the year. Taylor Swift’s fans are mostly preteen/teenage girls. Many of these girls deal with bullying and the like and this song speaks to that. She has her crowd. There has always been crappy music, and even if you’re not a fan of Swift it’s not fair to say that music is going to ****. Listen to what you like and leave “juvenile” artists who “lack talent” for the rest of us.

To each its own, people.

Just awesome!!!…No tricks or gimmicks, just talent…Canada Loves you Taylor…Keep it up!!!!!

Her look of surprise was real! She has true humility & doesn’t really know how good she actually is Wonderful performance and so deserving of the ovation she got and the awards.

…and incidentally, I am not anywhere near the teenage category and, after last evening at the Grammy awards I have made a complete turnabout face concerning Taylor & her talent. The young lady is a real artist. You go, girl!

Taylor is just awful. The girl cannot sing and then to have her recognized as a singer of anything at the Grammys is truly sad. She can’t sing no matter how you spin it.

First and foremost, this is a performance, and people have to remember that. Her performance style has, so far, tended to be more on the entertainment side, which is fine. Usually, I’m not a fan of that, but I don’t mind so much since she honestly has an enormous amount of songwriting talent. I don’t think people see that so much, because they just think “oh, another song about a boyfriend, blah blah,” but honestly– listen to the way she constructs things. The instrumentation. The production. She creates an entire feel, and as a very avid and conscious music listener, that is EXTREMELY difficult to do. Her songs are good. On top of that, just about everyone she’s collaborated with or interviewed with in the business has nothing but praise for her (which is obviously hard-earned). Take a step back. She’s not a sensationalist, she has her head screwed on tight. She’s a human being, too– and remember what it’d be like if you devoted your life to something good and got ripped to pieces in very personal ad hominum attacks. Whether or not you like her, at least respect that she’s a decent person– something celebrities of her calibur seem to lack all too often.

@Lissa: Listen to “Safe & Sound” ft. The Civil Wars or an old one, “Come in With the Rain”– Safe & Sound has some excellent lyrics, production (yay T-Bone!), and just overall everything, actually. Come In With the Rain is old (and it shows), but it has one of the most breath-takingly unexpected chord progressions that lead up into the chorus. A very, very cool sound. :)

@so tired of this mess:
maybe if you hate her so much you should go find another hole of the internet to drown in. im going to teach you simple math. IF YOU DONT LIKE HER DONT WATCH HER VIDEOS MORON!!!!! common sense would tell you stay away from things you dont like! just because you hate doesnt mean you should make other people have to look at your hate and feel it!! piss off retarded hater!!!!

I wonder if people realize that she wrote this song after the whole Kanye debacle.
She has never said anything about people that don’t like her music.
People need to stop jumping to conclusions about things they don’t know.

SwiftyAndProud @ 02/14/2012 at 3:42 am

@ashley:

Mean is NOT about the Kanye West incident!! It’s about a critic who went way too far! YOU are the one jumping to conclusions about things you don’t know! Taylor has said what the song is about many times!! Innocent is about Kanye, the hidden message is “Life is full of little interruptions”.

@JenniM:

well she is a country artist.

@hjvfyuu:

Probably suprised that Kanye didn’t come up and punch her in the face.

I’m a big fan What a personality and Wonderful! talent. Taylor is so down to earth and genuine.

She should stick to modeling. She’s a studio singer and auto tune is her best friend. My daughter saw her live and first thing she said when she got home was she was AWFUL, she couldn’t believe she spent money on a ticket. I can’t believe she has everyone fooled. Her live performances should give you a clue. SHE CAN’T SING!

KittyPurry @ 02/14/2012 at 3:37 pm

@SwiftyAndProud: awww. did i hurt your little feelings?

I would have way more respect for taylor if it wasnt for her silly DEFENSIVE swifties. Once someone gives her a little criticism, you guys get so..nasty. You may not have called me a nasty name, but there were a few who have, and all I did was comment about her singing, and I’ve even complimented her a few times, only to be shot down just because I commented on her singng! To be honest, I was a very big taylor fan. I attended 2 concerts, I had all her albums. I acknowledge the fact that she cannot sing very well, but I still lovED her because her songs were like therapy and catchy too, but then I started to notice that her songs were pretty much the same, and then I started playing guitar! and then I realized taylor writes songs with the same chord progressions over and over again and it hit me! her talent is overrated.

But then, I was still a big fan of her’s, so I bought SPEAK NOW. I then realized one thing… she’s mean. Read her lyrics. I understand her reasoning behind “mean”, but for her to say “All you are is mean, and a liar, and pathetic, and ALONE IN LIFE”? Dude… she contradicts herself because in the same song she said “you cant bring me down that road”. think. She acts all nice, but she is calling someone “pathetic” and “alone” for writing a comment about her? How about when she indirectly called Camilla belle a sl^t in “Better than Revenge”? how is that nice? You and I both do not know what went on in that relationship, but to “out” a girl just because she’s dating her ex in a song that way is just mean! How would you feel if your boyfriend’s ex girlfriend told everyone you’re a sl&t? Imagine that feeling, and multiplying it by a million.

Or how about when she made that home video and held up that Joe Jonas doll and talked about how he “dumped her over a 27 sec phone call”. Think about it, IF YOU, were to be dating a guy you somehow lost feelings for, and called him to break things off, and he hangs up after 10 seconds and tells everyone that you broke up with him after a 10 sec phone call making him sound like the victim, wouldnt that be pretty nasty of him? That;s how I see Taylor Swift.

In her world, she is perfect and everyone else is dirt. I dislike the way she sees herself as the holy mother theresa of hollywood. Yes, in terms of dressing and public behavior, she is a million times better than so many, and for me, as a person who grew up in a conservative family, I applaud her for that, but just because you dress like an angel and you act well in public, but write songs about how others are bad, while playing the victim is not nice. This is why I find her fake. Read up on what her ex schoolmates say of her, go on reddit, go.. No one really has nice things to say about her. You say shes nice during T parties and signings, well OF COURSE! Have you ever heard of “keeping up a public image”, if she were to be nasty to a fan, she will lose her career, lose her millions. It does not mean she’s genuinely nice. She has a strong work ethic, yes, but that doesn’t make her a nice person.

It’s sweet that you swities love defending her so much but some of you cross the line when you say things like “you’re so jealous” “you’re probably a loser”, come on, just because we comment about taylor swift doesnt make us losers. For all we know, a rich successful person could hate taylor swift more than I do, does that make him/her a loser? doubt it. For as long as taylor swift fans are as rude and jumpy, I doubt many will drop their hatred for taylor. Blame it on her fans.

Cher Ford @ 02/14/2012 at 4:29 pm

Those of you that are so critical miss the point of the song and musicians. It shows where our music began and it was simple and yet beautiful and enjoyable even today without all the fluff. Cheryl

Strudwick Wickerwire @ 02/14/2012 at 4:30 pm

I guess I’m just not that sophisticated, but I thought Taylor Swift’s performance was spot-on perfect, applause/smile worthy and entertaining, there was nothing not to like and I’m not a country fan!!! And besides, she’s cute, just like Sweet Daisey Mae with all those “Hillbilly’s’ up on the stage having fun!!!

I needed to check something out: Dolly Parton’s version of “I Will Always Love You” and it’s the original version and best!!!

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_utP1mGoutQ

That’s not Country Music. Remeber Waylon Jennings? He was a true artist. Swift is being whiny and childish and that song of hers is so boring, she repeats herself over and over again, blah- what’s she doing at the grammys?

I LOVED Her Performance, Her song it was “Spectacular/Brilliant!! whe spoke from her heart and i have a hunch who this song was made for YOU GO TALYOR your an ARTIST..a Creative Musician and I totally support and admire your music
PS People stop your bashing on this talented young artist…

Her song was great…her stage was brilliant…her playing was good…her backups were good…the look on her face at the end of the song when the audience gave her a SO was amazing…seems like everyone of them had someone tell them they would not succeed.

Nice going Taylor!!

Everyone has and is entitled to an opinion – I personally dislike her and find her boring and the expression(s) on her face were laughable. As for appearing last year with the great Stevie NIcks, she did not, can not, and never will be able to match such a wonderful singer/songwriter.

strangley, so many of you prove her entire point. So you don’t care for her music or her songs, or think she makes faces, or can’t dance. others disagree with you, yet instead of just saying you didn’t care for it, you had to turn it into a personal attack on her. So you prove the point of being mean just to make yourself feel better about you. Shame that so many people are so miserable they have to be hateful to others to derive satisfaction from their own miserable lives

This song may sound simple. When I first heard it, I thought it was just cutesy. But then I actually listened to the lyrics, and so many people could apply this to their lives. Being a child of domestic abuse, this song and it’s lyrics specifically go out to my father. And this song that is being accused of being juvenile and simple, really is not. Grow up and actually listen to the music before you judge. And if you don’t like then why the f*ck are you here listening to it? So you can berate her? Yeah, all of you are so cool!!

Jealous much? You guys can’t be happy for her because she has worked since she was 11 years old extremely hard to get to this point, she’s herself, she’s down to earth, she’s not a diva and people RECOGNIZE that and your upset it didn’t happen to you.

Who cares if she dances badly? She’s being HERSELF. She was good live.

Yes. The song was juvenile. Thats the POINT. Its really creative.

Yes. She does have the surprised look a lot. Because she’s HUMBLE.

She is super nice and you guys just can’t stand that.

I don’t know why there are a lot of comments criticizing Mean. As if we all haven’t been in a situation and thought, “Why are they such an a**hole?” To say that Taylor can’t take criticism is silly. No one really likes criticism. You may be able to take it with a grain of salt, but really, it’s not up to you whether it bothers you or not. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wondered why certain things peeve me so badly. Sometimes they just do. A thick skin is not something that’s easily gained, and Taylor has admitted that she doesn’t have one. Big deal. She’s human, and she got hurt. And where in Mean did she say, “Everyone who has ever criticized me gtfo”? Not liking her music is fine by me, but I find it refreshing that she sings about things that affect her. But unlike other artists that do this (like Adele) she gets sh!t on for it. Whatever.

i’m 43 years old and an avid fan of taylor swift.

her mean performance at grammy’s rocks.

one of the best performances.

@Lissa:

Haven’t you heard Safe and Sound?

Come on people, it was theater to song…Have some imagination…She was fantastic..the presentation of her song was entertaining…Alot of you odviously do not appreciate a diverse performance by an artist. Why do you think she got a standing ovavation…it was entertaining!..I adore Taylor, talented cutie from the south! and no! she is not manfactured…she was discovered!

OMG
i love taylor swift and i think that suprised look is the most amazing thing ever-its not put on. she does it because she is genuinlly
amazed and overwemed. its better than those celebrities who think there all that. taylor swift is soo real and all those people who are sitting on their couch saying horible things should just get a life
love you taylor

@pickles:

So, Pickles…. Let’s see a video of you showing off your great musical abilities…. Let’s see your Grammy performance. What’s that? You can’t sing and the closest you’ve ever been to the Grammy’s is watching on Mommy and Daddy’s TV? Thought so… L O S E R.

She is Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG
i lov taylor swift and i think she is the most amazing person ever
all those people who r sitting at home writting horrible comments about her “suprised” face should get a life.
that look is of awe and is NOT put on it is NOT fake.she is a genuine and amazing person and is worth 1000 of you- shes loving her life, winning dozens of awards, has a billon fans who would give their life to just meet her,and is not caring what some slobs that have far too much time on their hands are sayinging about her!
i love you taylor swift your enchanting

@Taylor is FEARLESS:
i absolutely agree i think Tayloris Fearless is 100% right and i could not have put it any orther way

kelly1209 @ 02/17/2012 at 8:56 am

how do you not love this?seriously.Its a great song and a fantastic performance.I really dont get whats not to love.Im not even a fan.

kelly1209 @ 02/17/2012 at 9:10 am

she cant sing?did you listen to that?really?that was a great performance.i dont even really like her but seriously.give her credit.that was cool

The performance was awesome — she got a standing ovation, ’nuff said.

Seriously, I can’t understand all these comments from haters about Taylor’s awed face at the end of the clip. Why the hell wouldn’t she be shocked at the reception she got for this performance? Did you guys not see the fricking STANDING OVATION given to this young girl by all the stalwarst in the music industry? This is not an every day occurence, it is a BIG EFFING DEAL. She really sold this performance and the haters really need to get over themselves and give this girl the props that she deserves. Really outstanding performance. Who knew a hilly billy song like this could be this entertaining?! Heh. I might just have to run to iTunes and download it!! Bravo, Taylor, BRAVO!!!

@nicky:

Frankly, your comment is ignorant. Taylor Swift hardly embodies the south. As a person who actually is from the south, I can safely say that I have never had attraction to my cousin, incidentally. However, Taylor Swift’s apparel is absurd, I agree. The south has given rise to music in the form of The Civil Wars as well as the blues culture which came out of New Orleans. Swift is yet again bringing forth silly pop that is received as country music perfection embodying youth and innocence, so no criticism anybody! Disliking Swift makes you a meanie, and might result in a juvenile song sadly outing her desire for abusive relationships.

@rebecca: I think this song says alot. and our society definetly shows “the mean ” attitude. even those people who hate on this blog can’t get over themselves to understand the song. The song is strong and the meaning stronger… Thanks Taylor.

your the pathetic,loser and liar!you stupid!is your problem about swift songs,you don’t like it who cares.why?go sing a song will see who’s better you or taylor!i’m sure taylor bec she is greater better than you!i’m taylor’s swift 4 years fans so sorry for what i said to you,if u are in my position example your idol is miley your a big fan of miley and i said to miley’s fans is pathetic liar and loser,do you realize it hurts to you bec.your big fans of miley like me i’m a fan of taylor!