Alexander Skarsgard - Spirit Awards 2012 Red Carpet

Alexander Skarsgard - Spirit Awards 2012 Red Carpet

Alexander Skarsgard walks the purple carpet at the 2012 Film Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday (February 25) in Santa Monica, Calif.

The 35-year-old actor attended the awards show in support of his film Melancholia, which received a nomination for Best International Film.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Alexander Skarsgard

Melancholia will go head to head with A Separation, Shame, The Kid With a Bike, and Tyrannosaur for the honor!

FYI: Alex is wearing a Calvin Klein Collection suit and an IWC Big Pilot watch.

Be sure to tune in to the Independent Spirit Awards, airing tonight on IFC at 10pm. The show is hosted by Seth Rogen.

alexander skarsgard spirit awards 2012 01
alexander skarsgard spirit awards 2012 02
alexander skarsgard spirit awards 2012 03
alexander skarsgard spirit awards 2012 04
alexander skarsgard spirit awards 2012 05

Credit: Jeff Kravitz, Alberto E. Rodriguez; Photos: Getty, Film Magic
Posted to: 2012 Film Independent Spirit Awards, Alexander Skarsgard

• How many glasses of wine can Gerard Depardieu drink a day?- US Weekly
  • Joan Rivers' doctor was also Celine Dion's doctor- TMZ
  • Macklemore is the latest victim of a death hoax- Gossip Cop
  • Check out cast portraits for Jane the Virgin - Just Jared Jr
  • Bill Hader will host Saturday Night Live- Entertainment Weekly
  • Ana Braga shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Finally a new post! I posted a photo of him arriving on the other thread a little while ago. He looks fab!

Dear God he looks hot!! Thanks for the post!!

LOOOOOOL WHYYY IS HE WEARING LIP GLOSS? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Alex looks great! Hot!

LOL porta potties? Yeesh!

Jane Schoettle ‏ @jane_tiff
#indiespirits Alexander Skarsgard get’s mobbed for photos on the way to the Port-A-Potty. #fb

@Macy: He does, and I love that he brought Gustaf as his date.

jacqueline @ 02/25/2012 at 5:25 pm

he looks AMAZING! his brother gustaf is there with him. i wanted to see some photos of gurra…

Woh. HOLY DARK CIRCLES! Ha. I still want a husband like that though :p

@ladybug: @jacqueline: Yes, I’m glad too and Gurra looked pretty good from the photo I posted on the other thread. He’s got a nice slim fit black suit on too! I hope Stellan is there.

he looks amazing, he is so hot and oh so handsome. I love him

@Too bad: Apparently late night shoot, and it’s early afternoon in LA, so presumably not much sleep.

Looks like he finally hired a stylist thank goodness!

He’s still beautiful . Counting down the days until True Blood is back . There are no words … Alex is just Beautiful . He makes me smile. : )

Alex looks great. I think he’s worn that suit before. I hope we get some photos of him with Kirsten Dunst. She is there too and looks great also!

Is Lainey softening a bit on him? A model’s strut hey? Well he’s certainly tall and handsome enough. I like that his brother is there too!

Looking good Skarsgård @ 02/25/2012 at 6:24 pm

@ Too bad
He’s always had dark circles. Some people are just born with them. You can clearly see in Åke och hans värld that even as a kid he had them. I think they add to that special, lovely person he is. I wouldn’t change a thing about this gorgeous man. And he looks smashing in that suit.

I´m so happy to see him, so beautiful.

@Camille:
Ugh sorry about the first post something went wrong. I think lainey has a still has a secret crush on Askars, she sounds like she not interested but I think she is, didn’t have a huge thing for him in the beginning before the whole KB thing so I think she still does.

@se3:
She did go on about him quite a lot before he hooked up with her. She raved about him all the time and gushed about how handsome and talented he was. I find it hard to believe she just dropped all that. I mean, it was obvious she got annoyed by his choice in dating and that person getting him papped all the time but I still think she finds him handsome. I think it will take her awhile to thaw about that, she’s kind of a grudge holder it seems.

Alex looks fantastic yummy . Is he attending the Oscars or parties tomorrow do anyone know . I love him in blue . It`s good to see his brother Gustaf The man is working the total package

How cute! I love that his family is so close.

Hot as usual :)

@Beautiful Alex!:
aww good looking family I love that are all so close and support each other and Alex looks great I love the smile too

@Camille:
Thanks Camille I figured as much, maybe one day she will fangirl back for him like she used to it was fun to read. I think she does deep down though, the model strut comment shows something.

@Camille: I think she’s thawing, slowly but surely.

@ladybug: Personally, I’d like to forget that time period & that she polluted my Country with her presence & ridiculous behaviour. :)

melancholia @ 02/25/2012 at 7:54 pm

Good to see him on the carpet. Can’t stand Lainey (just another gossip sh_t stirrer) but her quote was cute. Too bad Melancholia didn’t win.

Alex has the most kissable lips I ever seen or want to kiss on a man ever. They are so pink, rosy and awaiting Me *grins* I love his lips and he looks so gorgeous and relax here.

I hate that he’s so MIA these days :(

@Lilla: Sorry!
@Kelly, I miss the gym attire pap shots, but I think he’s probably much happier not being papped.

@Camille: who is Lainey is that a ex of his you said he hooked up with her i am just asking

@Camille I get it she is a s**t stirrer don`t really care he is hot like fire tonight @ladybug thanks for the pictures i saw them i love them Gustaf looks laid back Alex looks so handsome i can`t stop saying it enough .

@Carona: Lainey is gossip blogger:
She was supportive/into AS. Until he started dating KB. Lainey wrote after breakup that it didn’t change her mind about him, but she may be softening a bit.

Wow I keep trying to post and they keep getting moderated even though there isn’t anything in them that’s off. Ugh, this site never works properly.

@Camille: @ladybug:
She’s definitely softening. She was pretty mean in regard to him before, and now in the past few months she’s paid him several compliments and said she seemed like a genuinely nice guy when she saw him talking to ERW last spring.

model strut @ 02/25/2012 at 9:31 pm

Sorry but I think she is into again too, she took a pic which I am guessing is with her phone and posted on her twitter why would she do that if she is NOT interested/crushing on him seeing that she could buy pics afterwards for her story. It seems awful out of the way to take two pics of someone that doesn’t do it for her.

Well, the title of her story is Alexander Skarsgard Looks Hot at the Spirit Awards so yeah, I would think she thinks he’s hot or else she would have used another title.

@Macy: Yeah, she held on to the ‘you’ve been tainted by KB’ grudge for quite some time. As opposed to Kaiser on Celebitchy, who never completed stopped crushing on him, and went back full-blown as soon as the relationship with KB was over. I think Lainey likes to nurse the grudges a little longer.

@ladybug:
She’s pretty fickle and yeah she grudges for a long time. I’m surprised she’s come around on him this far and this fast considering she’s cut people off for a lot less and still hates them.

Hot damn! Me likes!

I just found the Spirit Awards on tv. I’ve missed an hour and haven’t seen Alex so far but maybe there will be a glimpse of him before it’s over.

Oh sweet lord, I want him!

Still no Alex sighting and it’s almost over. I wonder if he was only at the beginning. Or maybe he didn’t stay for the whole show since he wasn’t presenting.

Fashionista @ 02/26/2012 at 12:28 am

I love Alex but I don’t like the fit of his jacket. Who gives a $hit what Lainey thinks.

Some Alex pics!! Yay! He looks hot as ever <3

One brief shot @ 02/26/2012 at 1:47 am

@Camille Just catching the rebroadcast on IFC. There was one brief shot of him and Gustaf in the background of a crowd shot during Seth Rogan’s opening monologue. Seth was joking about Clooney at the time. If you blinked, you probably missed it. Such a shame too. They should have capitalized on that face on camera. Epic fail there. So would you call his ensemble California casual, Santa Clarita formal or Santa Monica chic? ;) Aw, who cares. He looked effing gorgeous.

That man is everything a man should be. So handsome. I like his suit it looks good on him.

His eyes are too close together – it looks weird

Is askars and Lucy still dating? Was she at spirit Awards I couldn’t see her there in pics and videos
Nice to see Alex out and about though he looked. … nice.

Get over it @ 02/26/2012 at 6:21 am

@Cole:

get over it people they are not together geesh, no matter how low key he is right now if he was with this girl there would be some sighting. Plus he seems to be enjoying the single guy thing travel with his friends (he went away for a week to Sweden/NYC without her how much more prove do you need) and hanging/bringing his family as dates to events i.e. dad and bro. I doubt Alex would hide the girl this long if they were really a couple it just making you look stupid bringing up something that is so obliviously not happening or happened.

@Cole:

How much more PROOF do you need?? What is wronge with you???
Why do you feel the need to bring up this LUCY?? They are not TOGETHER never have been there has been no sightings since GG just to Co – stars hitching a ride and hanging out what’s wronge with that??? Just enjoy him SINGLE until Alex’s marital status changes not that it is any of my business.
@Get over it:
Well said :)

@Jeez: Cole’s a troll who should be ignored.
@One brief shot, the only reasons I can think of for not showing more of him is that Melancholia was only up for one award, and it didn’t win so no real reason to spend much time on him.

SmexySwede @ 02/26/2012 at 7:39 am

Alex is looking ridiculously good and sexy. I wonder why True Blood creators tries to uglyfy him with hideous hair cuts, ugly clothes and unbecoming whitegreenish vampire make up. Maybe they are doing favors to the other male characters?;D
Have you seen Melancholia and Straw Dogs? He looks absolutely HOT and GORGEOUS in both movies although he played completely different type of characters.

@One brief shot:
Wow! You know I did watch the rerun for Seth’s opening monologue and I saw the whole thing and missed Alex. It must have been a split second. Sheesh!

@SmexySwede: No one looks good in th vamp makeup, no one. Overall he usually looks good-Amnesia Eric clothes the exception. Heck, he even looks good dressed in Lettie Mae’s clothes:

@ladybug:
I’m not talking about the foreground, she’s in the background next to Alex. It’s very clearly Kirsten Dunst. She took off her jacket. You can see it’s her very clearly in the first photo I posted.

No, Camille is right that is Kiki sitting next to Skars and his bro. It is also in this youtube video of them. If you skip to the 8:52 mark you can see them very quickly in the background and Kiki is sitting with them probably at the Melancholia table or something. They are eating or at least Skars’s bro is. They are behind that blond girl with the glasses and to the right slightly. As for Kiki I liked what she was wearing and her shoes were cute.

@Jessie: Thanks for the video Jessie! I missed that when I watched the first bit of the replaying of the show, but it really was only a glimpse. It’s too bad they didn’t show him more since they showed Kirsten quite a bit through the show, but I guess either they didn’t think he was important enough, or perhaps he didn’t stay the whole time. There were quite a few times that I noticed empty chairs in the tent, so maybe a lot of people ducked out for other things. He may have had to be back on set or something, though I did see a tweet on yuku that said he was at the Weinstein party at the Soho House, so maybe we’ll see some pictures from that.

Alex at pre Oscar party @ 02/26/2012 at 12:59 pm

From JJ Weinstein Pre-Oscar Party!
The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman , who was just offered the role of RoboCop, was spotted chatting up fellow Swede Alexander Skarsgard before giving each other goodbye hugs.

Hopefully pictures

@Camille: Ah, sorry. Waaay overdue for new glasses.
And I definitely want pics of he and Joel.

@Kate Bosworth Fan:
your whole sentence?! Makes no sense you contradict yourself one line at a time next time make more sense and I might believe you. LOL!

@KateBosworthFan well tell us where you seen them since and why did you say possible women with him if his girlfriend is mainly Lucy so much . Lucy is beautiful but how come you are the only one saying this statement then show us proof .

@what?!: Ignore it, same troll who wanders over here to stir up trouble by claiming to be an ‘insider’.

thanks @ladybug hope we get pictures of him at the Pre-Oscars party JJ Weinstein I see say he is there. Can`t wait to see the Adonis again

No arguements with that suit, the man wears blue like it was invented for him!

Oh, I want to see pics of him & JK!!!

Cafélady @ 02/26/2012 at 3:17 pm

Sorry, a bit late to the party but I see the pictures just now. I had a nasty cold over the weekend and couldn’t watch earlier, but these pics (and the posted vid-links) give me a smile – a big smile!
Alex looks great and I find the color of his suit super. Love it that he was there with Gustaf who looks also great too.

If he really was at this Weinstein party then may be we will see some pics of it.

@Kate Bosworth Fan:

what is your fascination with Lucy? What is so special about her that you think Alex has fell for her?Just because Alex was seen with lucy ONE TIME ONLY makes them a couple ? I have a headache with this old info going around in circles
YOUR NO ALEX FAN get a grip on yourself and go back to your looser Kate thread

@Canuck: It’s a very shiny suit, but he looks good in it. And blue brings out his eyes.

Cafélady @ 02/26/2012 at 3:44 pm

@ladybug:
Definitely, is blue one of his colors. And this shiny look – I would say looks a bit like leather or something, or am I wrong?

@tinakal4
RT @TheInSneider: Alexander Skarsgard hung out w/ Lizzie Olsen all night. Joel Kinnaman reveled in his new movie star status. DiCaprio puffed on electric cig.
39 minutes ago via

@ladybug: I’m not so big on shiny, but that’s a really good colour on him. Mind you, if you’re a guy wearing a shiny suit and you have the kind of lines this guy does, it’s easier to get away with it.

LOL, looks like I missed an ‘insider” comment. It obviously didn’t last long because I can’t find it. I have no idea why people are harping on the GG party thing. It happened weeks ago and there was absolutely nothing in the way of proof, not then and not now. Get over it pot stirrers! Nothing to see, so move on.

@Macy: Oh, don’t worry, now that it’s been tweeted that Alex was talking with Lizzie Olsen the ‘insider’ will assure us that they’re dating.

He’s going to be linked to anyone within a foot of him.

@ladybug:
That’s what I was thinking. It couldn’t be just that they were talking, oh no, they’ll have to be f*cking or something. Of course, gossip bloggers like to stretch the truth too, “all night” could mean just an hour until he left.

@Lilla: Heck, on another more general TB site a commenter wondered whether or not the woman who tweeted this photo was dating Gustaf or Alex:
She’s the head of publicity/marketing for Magnolia films and so was there because what she does, I’m glad that she was able to get the photo taken.

Oh yes I am waiting for the rumors to start up ? and insiders ?Alex now must be dating and getting serious with a 23 yr old Olsen who could be his kid sister because he was talking to her ? Yep cannot Waite for the trolls
and that tweet says a whole night that is a stretch to far, exgarrating much. probably a few brief encounters over the night I cannot imagin Alex choosing to spend a WHOLE NIGHT with an Olsen if gustaf was with him and Joel
Including sexy models in the room and beer. :)

Olsen his type @ 02/26/2012 at 7:52 pm

Lizzie Olsen would def be his type for a girlfriend he loves blondes and she is slender, young mature for her age she is a decent actress
I could see wanting to date or see her again especially if he wants a family of his own

But who knows it’s just a tweet.

Here we go with the “he loves blondes” thing. The only blonde he’s dated in years has been Bosworth. His other girlfriends have all had brown hair. I have no idea why people continue to beat this dead horse.

@Macy: because they like being trolls?

I have always thought AS as a man child sort of guy. Tough boyfriend material.

@ladybug:
Yes I suppose that’s the case. Oh, she’s so blonde and tiny he would love her. LOL! Alrighty then.

sheesh. not saying he isn’t a nice guy and we all wouldn’t love a shot but I do sense a little dark crazy side to him.

@WOW: He’s mentioned the dark side in interviews:
Is he attracted to extreme situations? ‘Sometimes, yeah, but I also know I have to be careful because there is something destructive within me, I think, and I can have a tendency to just search for the kicks. I can’t really get too close to someone who’s too destructive, or too dark, because then I might go down the rabbit hole myself.’
The reality is who the heck knows how he is as a bf (and really it’s not as if any of us are going to date him) because the only one we’ve seen him with is KB, and that didn’t strike me as a healthy relationship, so perhaps he’ll behave differently with someone who’s more normal and less self-absorbed.
@Macy, there are a couple of commenters who like to stir things up by claiming personal knowledge of Alex’s dating life, it’s just to get under the skin of those who really, really want to know about AS’s personal life. He’ll have a serious gf again someday and I hope she’s ‘normal’ and not like the most recent gf.

@ladybug- I know the quote thanks. I didn’t base my opinon only on KB but overall things about him from me being a fan of his. You are right no one knows the reality of anything he does and at the same time no one knows how he will act any differently with any woman. Also,maybe he’s attracted to the not normal which who to say is a bad thing.

LaLaHollywood @ 02/26/2012 at 11:05 pm

@Lilla: Well, if that is the case, we are obviously together since he and I were having lunch next to one another last week. LOL Wonder why the media didn’t pick that one up?? J/K :)

LaLaHollywood @ 02/26/2012 at 11:06 pm

Oh, and to clarify! We were not eating together at the same table. Don’t want to start crazy fanguuuurl rumors. :) Our tables where next to one another.

@LaLaHollywood: Haha!! I’m surprised there no rumors about you two!!

@ladybug, really? People are going to put him with anyone he’s near. I wish there were pap shots of all the times we were in the same place back home…oh well..

LaLaHollywood @ 02/26/2012 at 11:34 pm

@Lilla: *LOL* Me, too. Disappointing, really. Wouldn’t mind being his next lady love. O’well. Eating lunch next to him and exchanging a few smiles/looks made my day.

@LaLaHollywood:
That sucks Lala hope next time you will share more than just smiles, where was he/you lunching at Joans? He hasn’t been there in a while.Was he by himself or with Lucy, haha sorry couldnt resist.

LaLaHollywood @ 02/26/2012 at 11:47 pm

@Lilla: Back home? Are you from Sweden?

LaLaHollywood @ 02/26/2012 at 11:48 pm

@Oso: No, it wasn’t Joans. He was by himself. :)

@LaLaHollywood: Well, maybe next time :) he’s such a nice guy. Beautiful inside & out.

@LaLaHollywood: Yes, South Stockholm. I work in the States though.

@LaLaHollywood:
I figured that he was by himself if otherwise you wouldn’t exchange smiles if he was in company of another female and I was also joking about Joans he hasn’t been there in ages or anywhere in west hollywood for that fact the last place was somewhere in silver lake or something like that.

Did someone say he ‘hooked up’ with Lainey, the gossip columnist? How do you know that??? Not that he doesn’t hook up with many people I am sure, but that seems a slippery slope…

LaLaHollywood @ 02/27/2012 at 12:18 am

@Lilla: oooh, maybe you are his hometown hook up! LOL J/K

@LaLaHollywood: That would be nice! A girl can dream. :)

@LaLaHollywood: @Lilla: Hey, if I photoshop myself into a few pix of the guy, can I start rumours too? :D

@Allison: No, on Saturday it was mentioned that Lainey seemed to be softening her attitude toward him and a commenter didn’t who Lainey was and was momentarily confused.
@Lilla, he doesn’t really get papped back home anymore, does he? Now that he’s not with a certain someone. Though I admit I’d like to see pics of the Rollout.
@Canuck, you can be like this man who photoshops celebrities into his holiday photos:

@ladybug:

The man wears a tux like a second skin. Yummy.

@ladybug: That’s hilarious! :)))

@ladybug: @POGO: It’s kind of like gift wrapping… You find yourself wondering if you open the bow, does the rest just sort of fall away?

@Canuck: @ ladybug, The PhotoShop pictures are hilarious!! And I agree, him in a tux… I have no words…
Oh, the rollout with his grandma? Haha!! I’ve never given it much thought until that interview. Now though, it’s really funny :) The paps in the states are more aggressive. He’s still in the tabloids though, or was when I was home this summer. They had older pictures of him in them, but its not like he hides when he’s home. Maybe they are leaving him alone?

@Canuck: There’s a job for someone with more computer skills than I but I’m sure someone can come up with that gif.
Sadly, per Askars Swedish Meatballs there are only 4 pics of him at that party. Epic fail.
@Lilla, I suspect they’re leaving him alone, which he probably appreciates.

the Olsen chick was there with another dude. check getty images.
Plus Alex didn’t look like someone that was there with someone much less a date, he was probably trying to avoid the Famewh*re twitter losers who was laying it on very thick.

@ladybug: Swedish tabs report on whatever is news in the states about him. So, I suspect he’s now involved with EO, because they talked for an hour. :)

He still looks hot as hell thanks @ladybug foir the picture of him at Vanity fair party . just simpy gorgeous

Romance brewing what?? Lol @ 02/27/2012 at 11:26 am

More from the Weinstein party 2 nights back.

“The potential for romance also seemed to be brewing between “Liberal Arts” actress Elizabeth Olsen and “True Blood” hottie Alexander Skarsgard at the packed Weinstein party. The actors stood by bar in the backroom of Soho House and talked animatedly for at least an hour.”

@Romance brewing what?? Lol:
yeah one person said he was with her the whole night this one said an hour is there someone there timing his mingling with the opposite sex. Geesh and it said seems if he was putting the moves on her it would be obivious and Alex is a very animated guy with everyone, and so is Lizzie so yeah. Still no pics of the two of them at Vanity fair there are a few of Alex and like 1000 of Lizzie talking with everyone except Alex. It’s HW actors talk to each other male and female.

Who is the dude that olsen is with? Bf, friend, work collegue etc etc

And what the hell do reports mean by romance on the way with alexander are two people not allowed to talk for an hour? Were they kissing, holding hands? flirting? Etc

I suppose there is going to me more gossip because they were both at vanity fair party. of course as a couple .lol?

@Romance brewing what?? Lol: Ah, yes, the NYDaily news, just slightly above they NYPost for accuracy and seriousness.
Alex is going to be linked to any female within 10 feet of him. And if they’re actually talking, well that’s it, they’re getting engaged! (One of the downsides of the being the social guy that he is).
Brit Marling, his director/co-star in The East was at the Spirit Awards. I’m surprised that something wasn’t made out that.

Romance brewing what?? Lol @ 02/27/2012 at 12:13 pm

@Lizzie:

I totally agree with you there must be somebody timing Alexander’s conversations? as it was female, a fairly well known actress, it must be romance .. because they were alone talking, so this means Alexander must be asking her out. Or sha**ing her and also there at the same party 2nd time around they must be getting serious.
It was the same with his co star Lucy griffiths 1 car snap shot and some video of them supposingly holding hands the fandom exploded. And some trolls are still insisting there together keepIng it on the down low.

@Romance brewing what?? Lol:
well poor Lucy must be devastated by this out of the blue new love connection going on here and twice too around Oscar weekend Oh my. Next thing you know Alex and the Famewhores must have had a 3some in the loo seeing that they were at the same party last night too. No wait his Disconnect co stars Paula and him made out in the loo sorry for misleading you there so many potential for Alex to sh*g any starlet that comes into his Swedish lure.

It’s so funny when almost everyone here is soooooo f*ckin’ worried about Alex’s love/sex life. Why you get so annoyed of some vague dating rumours, true or not? What’s it’s for you? Creepy and a bit stalkerish, don’t you think? And Alex, you sexy mofo, please S.T.O.P. making everyone crazy! X”’D

JJ has finally posted the VF photos of Alex.

@Canuck:

Sorry about just now responding.

Well Im up for the challenge of finding out if the tie undress’s the rest. I’ll take one for the team.