Gerard Butler Books A 'Brilliant' Role

Gerard Butler Books A 'Brilliant' Role

Gerard Butler has signed on for the diamond-heist thriller Brilliant.

The 42-year-old Scottish actor replaces Eric Bana, who was previously in talks for the lead role. The film will reunite Gerard with his The Ugly Truth director, Robert Luketic.

The project centers around “a small-time criminal who partners with a female thief to pull off a daring diamond heist,” Variety‘s Showblitz reports, adding that producers are still searching for the female lead.

Gerard‘s other upcoming projects include the action thriller Hunter Killer, Thunder Run, and How to Train Your Dragon 2.

1,031 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 742 » Show All

oooooh kathyerine heigl ,katherine heigl, oooh perfect movie for these two, together again! its just got oscar written all over it!

Yeah baby! @ 02/29/2012 at 5:46 pm

Katie Katie Katie and she is perfect for this role. Let the banter begin!

Good to see you are getting some interesting roles. You said you were going to be busy this year. Happy for you.

Good heavens he looks so good in that picture. So glad to see the big brute healthy and handsome again. He really rocks a tux.

OK…here is the Twitter girl’s sister’s Facebook page (the one who had a date in New Orleans): http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=680560556
Her name is Tiffany R Christian.

Can'tGetEnough @ 02/29/2012 at 6:03 pm

I agree Lolita! It’s a nice photo of him. Glad to see he’s getting more work. Hope he stays healthy!

Can'tGetEnough @ 02/29/2012 at 6:13 pm

Article regarding Gerry replacing Eric Bana in “Brilliant”:

@Can’tGetEnough: CGE, thanks for the links. BTW have you heard from Maggie PU, I know she was preparing for exams. You two and your yellow towels were a hoot.

Can'tGetEnough @ 02/29/2012 at 6:45 pm

@lolita: Haven’t seen her in a long time Lolita! Hope she’s okay! I do miss all our babbling about the yellow towels! =)

@mimi:
WO finally started to report about the infamous date.

Gerryscorner and Bruno Press has more jogging pics from the other day if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Joie de Vivre @ 02/29/2012 at 7:29 pm

Butler sure is going to be one busy hot mess. Good for you, Butler! He seems like a man who is dedicated to his craft, so time will tell if he is also dedicated to his wellness. Hope that is the path he continues to choose. Positive thoughts and prayers remain. First time visiting since last Friday (WONDERFUL vacation) and open up to an explosion of new threads and conversations that go six ways from Sunday. HAHA! A little extreme at times and way too much to read it all, but some GREAT entertainment, nonetheless. A lot of personal sharing that was really hard for some, I’m sure. Hello to all my friends here. Hope everyone is well and happy! Angelsrock, did you go to see Coriolanus? Autumn, hope your knee is mended. Lolita, hope all is well with you and that you are feeling pairrrfect again. CGE, RedO, thanks for links and pics. Good to see you CCat (great long post a while back), Nik (I LOVED the hobbits posts…have a vision of Butler kicking Martin Freeman…LOL!), Tonto, Manny, Bystander (have enjoyed your posts) and Toronto (yours too). Sorry if I missed anyone. Maggie?? I have a yellow towel for you….Hope everyone stays safe and good! XXO

Can'tGetEnough @ 02/29/2012 at 7:33 pm

@Joie de Vivre: Hi Joie! Good to see you! Glad you had a great vacation! The threads sure have been interesting the past week. LOL Very entertaining to say the least! How is your HB? I hope you’re both doing well! Glad you’re back! =)

Dragonette @ 02/29/2012 at 7:37 pm

@mimi: I can’t with this desperate FB stalking. It is not that serious. SMH.

As for this new project… I can already tell my money’s staying in my pocket for this one.

Joie de Vivre @ 02/29/2012 at 7:40 pm

@Can’tGetEnough: Hey Paisana! Good to catch up with my thread buddies. We did have a fantastic time. THANK YOU! HB is doing pretty well. Ther was one day where he couldn’t put the skis on, but that’s not too bad. Everyone needs a down day on vacation, I say. The pics of Butler at the Vanity Fair party are so lovely. My goodness. I agree with so many here, he DOES rock a tux, or any suit, for that matter. I love his hair slicked down that way. I’m getting used to him cutting it bit by bit…at least it’s not a shave job (please never). Take care, my friend! XXO

@CGE, that’s the pics, thanks for the links.
@Joie, glad you had a great vacation. Feeling pretty good, hoping these new meds do the trick. They just make me tired. How do you like the pic above, drool worthy. He is one handsome big brute. Love his hair that way. Great news about his up and coming projects. He does work hard and I hope he gets some good recognition with his new movie choices.
@Maggie PU, hope all is well your missed!!
Have a great night JJr’s.

internetmasterbrian @ 02/29/2012 at 7:48 pm

So we will ignore the fact the Gerry likes them illegal and move on shall we? I would like to know why? (i so hope she bounces over here)married women come here to oogle over gerry? Are their husbands busily blogging at the Irina Shayk fansite? Do they post Irina all over their desktops, go to her photoshoots and compare her to their wives? Just curious? Anyone?I wonder how thatwould make you feel?hmmm.

@Dragonette:
FB stalking? This is the first time *ever* that I’ve posted an FB address here.

Joie de Vivre @ 02/29/2012 at 7:49 pm

@lolita: Glad to hear you’re doing better. ♥ Hopefully you get over the tiredness as you get used to them. YES, the photo above is oh so fine. If I were ever going to get an autographed photo from him, I would want it to be from this series from Sunday night. ♥ He’s a conversation piece, no doubt. Take care Lolita, love. XXO

Joie de Vivre @ 02/29/2012 at 7:54 pm

@internetmasterbrian: Oh no, you’ve got it all wrong. My husband’s go-to-girl is Sofia Vergara. But he won’t turn down Kate Beckinsale either.

@Joie de Vivre: Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your vacay….

I’m really enjoying myself here at JJ so far (fairly new poster), and like that fact that most of us are keepin’ it real. My one complaint (anyone with me on this?) is that some of the younger posters DELIGHT in calling the older ones “hags” and such (BTW, I’m neither young or old, actually…I’m Gerry’s age). Constantly trying to rub in in the older ladies’ faces that they’ll never “get” with Gerry. We get it. He prefers younger women. But I still say he’d have a relationship with older women like Jolie (late 30′s) and Berry (mid-40′s) if the opportunity opened up….

Anyway, sorry I got off topic. I’m glad for Gerry that he’s got so much work lined up. Speaking from experience, a recovering addict shouldn’t have too much time on their hands with little to do….

Dragonette @ 02/29/2012 at 8:00 pm

@mimi: Well, whether or not it’s your first time posting an FB is irrelevant. I was wondering where the thrill is in seeking out this girl’s info and plastering it on two threads.

Hey ladies! Glad to see Lolita, Angel, CGE, JDV here – missing Maggie PU lately! RedO, NikNoks, CCat, Bystander, Tonto, Toronto were on the last thread and Manny & GFW. Lots of slugging going on at the last thread – shame really! Some very interesting new posters – funny & irreverent! A few were disturbing, and the folks who change their monikers carry on conversations with themselves – should really change their syntax and spelling mistakes.

JDV, my knee is great and I can go back in the field now. Next trip coming up soon probably back to Africa. Everybody thanks for being here. Decided that I have an addiction to JJ GB threads – may have to go to rehab myself – 3 weeks away will do that.

Glad he got this role – he’s going work himself into a frenzy! I pray do not cast Katherine Heigl or Jennifer Aniston as the female lead!

What actress would have the best chemistry with him? How about Olivia Wilde – she’s very pretty and dating Jason Sudeikis who is so funny. Malin Ackerman could be interesting. Love your thoughts on this.

Happy Wednesday! Survivor beckons and a slice of homemade pie!

Autumn

Joie de Vivre @ 02/29/2012 at 8:07 pm

@Toronto: Thanks, Toronto! Yes, there is one possibly a couple of posters who use multiple and I mean mutliple monikers to harangue people who are just coming here to enjoy our “guilty pleasure” (a.k.a. Butler) and talk about him together. Doesn’t mean anything to me either way. C’est la vie. Have a lovely evening and I appreciate your posts very much. XXO

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 742 » Show All