Zac Efron: I'm 'Sort of a Hopeless Romantic'

Zac Efron: I'm 'Sort of a Hopeless Romantic'

Zac Efron makes an appearance on Conan in an episode airing Monday (March 5).

The 24-year-old actor recently returned to Los Angeles after doing some promo work for his animated flick, The Lorax, in New York City.

Asked what he has in common with his character Ted, Zac told TeenHollywood.com, “He’s sort of a hopeless romantic. He’s adventurous. He’s persistent.”

“He’s stubborn, kind of annoying, pretty funny. He’s got a big imagination. I’d like to think that I’m all those things,” Zac shared.

Bigger pic inside

zac efron conan

Photos: Meghan Sinclair/Conaco
Posted to: Conan O'Brien, Zac Efron

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Debiswacklikezac @ 03/05/2012 at 11:22 pm

what a douche

He’s sort of hot

Debiswacklikezac @ 03/05/2012 at 11:23 pm

Add these too: He is full of himself. He’s trying hard. He’s so metro.

Debiswacklikezac @ 03/05/2012 at 11:24 pm

He’s pretentious. He’s a famewhore.

he is an 8% rotten tomato actor.

he’s hopeless without the romantic

@Debiswacklikezac: Please stay at the Vanessa board! There are people who actually like him! And he’s not arrogant!

Do you even know what arrogance is? And he said that he thinks he’s stubborn and annoying, yea someone arrogant would so say that! *rolls eyes*

he got it right only on the annoying part. the rest is meh….

he’s got a big imagination that maybe he thinks dropping condom in a kids’ premier was funny

Uhhh he’s closeted guys. He was.blushing when conan was talking about girls.

awww lauren…are you upset that you are not number 1 lol

Anonymous
He’s not gay
Stfu

Amanda
Shut up and go away?

He is part of an evil influence being from the Disney background. Disney has a bad reputation witj child stars. They brainwash them Nd mold them.to make them money with binding contracts. Many stars crack under this pressure aka.britney spears and others

He is most definitely gay. His girlfriends are beards. Paid and under gag orders

What straight man gets his hair did like that? Prolly took a.good 45 minutes. #sayitaintgay

@ anonymous
What is your problem?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ 03/05/2012 at 11:53 pm

get a life lauren…your so obsessed with your idol like he is so obsessed with his hair.

My problem is people behind the curtains holding this boy back from being what he truly is and wants to be. Do a little research then come.back to.me. there too much money in him.being straight and getting girls like your money. They think if he’s gay they won’t .profit as .much. me? I don’t care straight or gay. Hut be strong enough and stand for what you are

All you stupid or should I say jealous people make me laugh what has he done to you other then being cool and so down to earth he is such a nice person tbh and btw No One is Perfect people make mistakes get over it douchebags.Zac u are awesome please don’t change don’t give a effin **** about these useless people:) And damn u are HAWTTTTT!!!!!!!

mindheisttime @ 03/05/2012 at 11:59 pm

Why are people keep talking he is gay, douche or full of himself? Don‘t you have anything smarter to say? Well I have. He is a wonderful person and talented person who doesn‘t have any scandal or wants a attention. Wow condom fell from his pocket? So what? Staged or not, at least he is safe. I can‘t believe people are still talking about.What did he ever do to you guys that you hate him so much?

I love you Zac. And your talent. I don‘t know you, but you seem to be a nicest person ever. Keep it up.

@annoymous
you dont have to come on here and be such a docuhe tho?u can think what you want, but have you ever met him or worked with him? and im assuming u work in the industry and know this?

and @ !!!
get over yourself.
and stop.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ 03/06/2012 at 12:02 am

you have a point anonymous. his handlers have changed him and his values. but he is old now…clearly he enjoys the product he was made to be – strip clubs, bars, alcohol, condom, stud (?) – all in the name of fame. where was that guy that said he’d rather stay home with vanessa? now you see him out in clubs with the like of dui-able and rehab-able “friends.” at a certain point you’d think that he was this guy from the very beginning and tried to please vanessa who was the more grounded of the two.

*sigh* must we continue this whole “zac a douche” argument again? If he saying he stubborn and annoying, then he telling us that how he is, proving once again he not a douche, since he saying these things are similar to his character and hisself. Do it make him a douche because I think a lot of actors/actresses do that too bring up similarities. Do that make them a douches as well?

Also if he arrogant he wouldn’t had read to little kids, go to hospitals to visit sick kids, or donated his clothes. Arrogant people would only care about themselves and nobody else, talk about themselves and all the other crap they do. Does Zac do that? I believe not.

Also blushing because someone talks about girls doesn’t make him gay. I think most gay guys will not blush if girls come up, probably talk about girl or anything else they do. Not blushing because girls come in conversation. I know I’m going to regret asking this but I might as well considering you haters keep bringing up the same thing up every post, anything else you want people to prove wrong ,because I think Kim, Lauren and others have shot down almost everything you have said?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @ 03/06/2012 at 12:07 am

@Cherry: everybody makes mistake, you are right. But one is not absolved of that mistakes when he thinks that the mistake is a compliment or boost to his ego.

Really people u r still talking about this, the only reason why u people keep calling him gay is cause your jealous ,OMG!!! get a life, stop saying bad things about someone u don’t know, If u hate him so much stop commenting, keep it to yourself, hes not gay ,How about I called u gay I don’t even know u. Just because a guy doesn’t have a girlfriend doesn’t mean they r gay, maybe he doesn’t want to be in a relationship, OMG!!!! U haters r so stupid.

LOLOLOL!!!! Wow and i thought i was the one who rattles efron fans cages the most but man some of you guys came out swinging. See im not the only one who thinks zac’s a douche. Guess ill sit this one out, you guys have fun ill just watch this one.

This guy just screams douche bag now a days

what a douche

I dont care if he is gay or not .but i think he is realy a douche.i dont like vanessa either.so dont think i am her fan.this guy is a total loser and a bad actor i think by now erey one can see that.

Why is he a douche? Everyone who has ever met him or worked with him always say he is a very nice and down to earth person. He has no scandal attached to his name. No one has ever said he was high or drunk falling out of a club. He always say he does not take all this hype about him seriously. He is very gratefully for what he has because he knows it could be gone tomorrow .if anyone of you have personally encounterd him personally and he was a douche to you then okay if not you people are hateful and it is a shame that people are allowed to say such hateful things about people this is why I don’t like the social media because hate is allowed

Haters can say anything they want but the fact remains: Zac is the most successful movie star from the HSM franchise. Expect the haters to be spewing the same things over and over again for years to come since Zac is sure to land more roles, more movies in the future. Best advice to Zac fans, ignore the bashers but continue to support Zac’s movies. His longevity in hollywood is the best revenge there is, so let’s give it to them. Lol.

He looks so amazing! And he’s soo adorable!
And what’s with people bashing him here? What did he say in the interview that made people go crazy…ughh!

it really annoys me reading all this bad people here saying bad words againts zac…. Pls haters look at your self before you judge some one you don’t even know…. base on your comment i think your all douche than he is you guys think your good people cuz you express your hate in this person but the truth is you are worst than he is….Your comment show’s how immature and how narrow minded you are…. I don’t think your parents teaches you how to be nice and be kind to others…. It’s really stupid what kind of people are you…..

jellybean @ 03/06/2012 at 5:42 am

This is starting to get out of control. The hatred is getting really over the top. same on the Vanessa thread, to be honest. But what do you expect? People continually spew hate at celebs who mean a lot in others sorry lives and make them feel the need to retaliate. So they go onto others threads and bash back and now we no longer have people giving views of the article, just trying to upset others. Haven’t seen this appearence yet, hoping it will be on YT later today. He always makes happy, but that is just me :)

Being “persistent, stubborn, and annoying” are pretty characteristic of being a douche. At least he admits it, unlike his fans.

WICKED WENCH @ 03/06/2012 at 7:35 am

Oh I give up. These post bombers are out of control. I consider it a form of spam when the same person posts the same thing 8 or 9 times under different handles, At this point, it isn’t an example of free speech because it’s completely devoid of substance.
Glad Zac has enough fan boards that we don’t have to rely on this one for news / sense of community.
I think it takes alot of guts to admit your flaws on national TV, so I give him ups for that.
And as always, he looks hot.

jellybean @ 03/06/2012 at 7:53 am

@WICKED WENCH: Can you possibly tell me where else to go? THis one is beyond a joke now.:(

He’s been really good on all of his appearances and interviews lately. Really enjoyed him with Taylor on Ellen. Then he went on to Today and the View. And the reading at the NY library was really cool. I guess Conan will be the last we will see of him for a while, unless he has some Lorax stuff to do in other countries. After that, he’ll have a bit of down time getting ready for The Lucky One promo. Really looking forward to all of his future projects. He is so hot. He is so talented.

@jellybean:
Go here:

You have to sign up for a free account, and be approved if you want to post. But they are all really nice, sweet people there. You can read without having an account.

liverwurst @ 03/06/2012 at 8:11 am

He’s trying way too hard. The intentional condom drop and all the talk shows talking about how heterosexual he is….

@liverwurst:
No, it’s YOU who’s trying too hard. But you are very successful at being an a$$.

Zac is a fantastic guy without any BIG scandal behind his shoulders. If he was a big name like Pitt or Will Smith no one would say anything or say poor him he lost a condom and blah blah.. When his name will be known everywhere there will be another “Zac” and people will call him douche and stuff like that. Grow up people. I don’t like Bieber but I just leave him alone and I don’t read anything about him or I visit pages about him just to offend him or his fans! And fans, haters are everywhere, just don’t answer them or you’ll play their game! :)

florence2 @ 03/06/2012 at 9:33 am

Agree always knew that he was into guys@liverwurst:

@kyle:

i agree they are just jealous but i dont care let the haters hate. they just make our lives and zac life interesting.

@WICKED WENCH: Flaws. Like everyone has. About time you admit he may not be Mr Wonderful in his personal life. It’s highly possible he’s douchey at times, so don’t make him out to be some super human. He’s not. No one is.

@LMAO:

look were not saying that zac is perfect no one is. but God am sure he isn’t as bad as you all are making him out to be either. its just pure jealousy on your end. what your jealous because you don’t have the life he does? instead of spending all that energy hating on someone you probably haven’t even met, why don’t you all get off the computers and get a hobby or better yet a life. BECAUSE New flash THE FANS OR ZAC EFRON DONT GIVE A RATS BOOTY ABOUT YOUR HATERADE. wash your bodies your stinking haters.

He’s nice, amazing, cute, handsome, pretty, hot, adorable, beautiful, good-looking, talented, delicious, wonderful,charismatic…

Oh Zac, I’m sure just don’t exist adjectives enough to describe you

he are so gentleman with this clothes…

@Tiffany: And why do people think we’re “jealous” of him? Are you serious? He says and does douchey enough things ALL on his own for us to dislike him. I don’t have to “know” him at all. His behavior and stupid remarks are all I need.

@amanda: and Brad Pitt is a 3% rotten tomatoe, i can play this game too.

@LMAO:

wow one interview indicates zac efron is a douche just because he says that hes a hopeless romantic? silly me to think other wise. a douche is nice to his fans . a douche donates his clothes to needy teens. a douche reads to kids. YEAH ZAC EFRON is a real douche. if those things are being a douche well am glad hes one. >>sarcasm>>

hey there! @ 03/06/2012 at 2:35 pm

loved the interview Zac looks awsome

Florence 2. I always thought you like girls!

I saw the interview, and was so funny, i and my granddaughter,i really enjoy it. oh yea, Florenc 2 i saw a interview with Zac in brazil, and said alot of nice things about V. You hate him so much, you would make up anything.zac and v broke up, to have careers, but v, has to have a man in her life, she doesn’t know want it is beening single. i heard all kinds of rumors about austin, but i don’t come here, and talk about him.

@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: He changed when V Hudgens started cheating on him with her co-stars. Love the laugh, Zac

Some people think they can say whatever they want because they’re behind a computer, some doesn’t even show their names, they’re just cowards. I’m pretty sure that if the only way to comment on JJ were with facebook or twitter account, they wouldn’t be commenting here. I know that’s true because I know a website from my country where everyone were allowed to comment and there were a lot of people commenting saying stupid things. Now you can only comment with your facebook account, and noone comments! LOL! Like a said, cowards!.

The only thing i can do as a fan is ignored them. Yeah, sometimes a get upset, so? I’m a human, but there are more important things to worry about than a hater hiding behind his computer.

I love Zac, and nothing you say is gonna change my mind. I think he’s a good guy, down to earth and sweet :D

jellybean @ 03/06/2012 at 4:38 pm

Love Zac in a suit!! I think it is my age, but I do think a guy looks handsome in a suit!! Beautiful talented young man.

Why are people here are interested about eveything besides this interview??? Who cares if he’s gay or not or if he’s a douche or not??? It’s not like we’re on his bed or his life. Of course i don’t believe he’s that good of a guy he appears to be and i’m his fan. I hope that he’s different but he’s in hollywood. And hollywood is full of fake people. Nothing is as it appears to be. But nevertheless i still think he’s hot and see his movies even though i know he’s not one of the most talented actors in the world…(hollywood doesn’t have talented actors. of course there are like 2 or 3 exceptions but the real talented people are not famous)

@Tiffany: Um, not this interview, honey. All the other douchey things like saying his relationship served him, bragging about kissing costars and practicing, not being supportive of his GF, hanging with ALL the wrong people, partying and keeping your neighbors up, letting your BF drive drunk, And worrying so damn much about his precious image, is the stuff that makes him douchey. If that’s the kind of guy you’re looking for, good luck. It’ll never last. LOL

@barbara: Yeah, and have you heard all the rumors about Zac? How come you don’t wanna believe those? You’re the one ALWAYS preaching about not believing all the rumors out there. Practice what you preach, honey.

@LMAO:
You obviously have difficulty with reading comprehension. Barbara said that she heard rumors about Austin, but she doesn’t come here and talk about them. She IS practicing what she preaches.

@LMAO:
Zac was VERY supportive of V, especially in 2007 when the first nu de pictures came out. He’s 24 and can hang with whoever he wants. You don’t know what went on with Zac and Ryan. He may have tried to stop him from driving and been unsuccessful. All actors talk about scenes from their films and gush over their costars while promoting. That’s part of their job. And most actors care about their image. That’s normal.

@ Deb, thank you, i read once that rumors, are 98% false, so it doesn’t say much for rumors!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012Crashing Zac Efron’s movie DATE!
Haven’t blogged in a couple of days because, I have been working everyday! I really don’t want to blog about work! A few things have happened recently….LINDSAY LOHAN has signed an autograph in NEW YORK! This is a SHOCKER! Lindsay hasn’t signed an autograph in years!!….years!! I’m seriously shocked!! As she was heading some where after hosting SNL, she signed an autograph on the way out of a restaurant. LA is next, we want autographs from Lindsay!!

The other day after work I got a call from someone that Zac Efron was seeing a movie at Universal City walk, with a girl. I’ve been wanting a picture with Zac Efron for awhile. Well it turned out Zac didn’t take pictures with anyone, I guess he doesn’t like pictures of himself. He just seems really shy in person. We approached Zac with things to get autographed. Lily Collins who was with him just kept giving dirty looks, and tried pulling him away from us! She was extremely rude with us and she acted a little jealous that nobody wanted a picture with her! Sorry we crashed your movie date Zac Efron, but Lily Collins….I am NOT sorry! I mean did they really expect nobody to know they were going to be at the movies!? This is Hollywood!?! The autographers, and photographers know their every move! I will NOT be seeing Mirror Mirror because of her behavior the other night! I usually will still see movies with these actors if they are rude when I meet them….but this time NO! Just the way she treated us fans was rude! I mean really Miss Collins?….you have ONLY 36,000 followers on Twitter, don’t treat the fans like that! I mean Kim Kardashian has over 13 MILLION followers, and she takes the time to talk to her fans and take pictures!! A few photographers were there and one of them was to busy TEXTING that he didn’t even get the shot of Zac & Lily together!! There are STILL no pictures to prove they are together!! The photos would have made HEAD LINES, WORLD WIDE! Those pictures

@Tina: @Tina: Wait you saw them together? Wow from all her interviews she seem like a nice person, but if she acted this way it might be a short-lived relationship, or she could have had a bad…. never mind nothing excuse rudness so no benefit of doubt for her. Glad you got autograph sign… it was you right?

@LMAO:

and Good luck with you as you drink your big glass of HATERADE. may i get you some ice to go with that.

who cares we just see his movie we dont want to date the dude. but its obvious that you do LMAO. SO THE haterade is because your not zac’s type.

LMAO @ and so freaking what if Zac is a douche who cares? we all are douchy at times THAT doesn’t mean that were bad people. we all have our bad days were we are douche bags and zac is no different if that makes him a douche well then so be it. and for someone who hate zac so much you sure do talk a lot of trash about him. i mean if you have so much dislike for him what spend your precious time on here commenting. so go on the vanessa board or whatever other celebrities you like. either way am sure that you wont be missed at all.

see unlike you and the rest of the haters we dont expect zac to be perfect. and why am i even arguing with you?? I should by now that i can’t reason with an irrational person like you. so hate all you want i dont care. am going to keep on supporting zac regardless.

i mean i should know by now that i cant reason with ignorance.

they can get him strolling thru lax? but not a single photo a city walk? so weird…. :/

he looks nice.

@Deb: Totally disagree with you. Hmmmm…..you can only name one time he was supportive. Big deal, he stayed with her after the pics. He would have looked like a TOTAL douche if he dumped her then. But he Never SAID anything in support. Yeah, he could have stopped his friend, and NOT all actors care so damn much about image. Cause they’re MEN. And NO actor comes close to gushing the way he does about kissing costars. None. And Barbara does not practice what she preaches cause she actually BELIEVES what she reads. If you didn’t, no need to even mention them.

@Tiffany: I’m enjoying my haterade, thank you, and never said you can’t support him. But a douche is a douche, even if YOU think he’s hot. Sorry, I don’t like short effeminate looking boys who are so into themselves. And geez, don’t give me crap about donating clothes, sweetheart. He did that for damage control after his disgusting pics with Tisdale, where he was leering at her chest pre-boob job, sucking face with her, and groping her in front of her BF and cameras. Really, he’s such a gem. Honey, he’s ALL yours. LMAO!!!!!!!!

AgeRomance_CoM @ 03/07/2012 at 8:38 am

Oh great article ,Age ain’t nothing but a number for these loved-up A-Listers. My BF and I both think so! He is almost 10 years older than I .We met via~~–A g e r o m a n c e.C/0/M~~ a nice place for younger women and oldermen, or older women and younger men, to interact with each other! Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends

AgeRomance_CoM @ 03/07/2012 at 9:14 am

Life is so lonely .I wanna meet a man who can love me back .I also uploaded my hot photos and videos on ~~ageromance. C’O'M~~under the name of David08.. That is the largest and best club for seeking CEOs, pro athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, beauty queens, fitness models, and Hollywood celebrities. BTW,I am a banker at present, Please feel free check it out! I’m serious.

I can’t think of one good looking actor who isn’t accused of being gay. It’s getting very boring. Who cares if they are or not? Can’t we talk about their talent or their personality? Their sex life is their own business. In this day and age, they can come out if they’re gay. If they haven’t come out, I’m assuming they are straight. But really, I don’t care either way. Zac comes across as a pleasant and charming guy. I like him.

@LMAO:
Wrong. Just because I only named one time when he supported her, doesn’t mean I can’t name several more, because I can. He DID SAY something in support of her during the nude photo scandal in an interview in Australia.
I’ve heard a lot of interviews from other actors during promotional tours, and yes, they gush about their costars. That’s what they are supposed to do.
Why don’t you just go to your girl’s thread and leave us alone. You won’t change our minds about Zac, no matter what you say.

@Deb: Oh, and just what did he say, Deb?? Don’t believe he did. And I’m not trying to change your mind. Just pointing out there are TWO ways to see things, and others don’t view his actions to be so cool. He’s just always been a little too slick to be real for me. Don’t trust him. Never did.

Beautiful Zac!

@LMAO:
Well I guess that just because you didn’t hear the interview, then it must not exist, right? It was in 2007, so I don’t know if I can find it again or not, but you’ll just have to take my word for it.