Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Divorce After 11 Years of Marriage

Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Divorce After 11 Years of Marriage

Peter Facinelli and Jennie Garth have split, a rep for the actor confirms to JustJared.com.

The 38-year-old Twilight actor and his 39-year-old sweetheart, best known for her role on Beverly Hills, 90210, were married for 11 years before deciding to divorce.

“While we have decided to end our marriage, we both share the same deep love and devotion to our children,” the couple said in a statement. “We remain dedicated to raising our beautiful daughters together. We ask for privacy and respect during this time.”

Peter and Jennie are the parents of three daughters: 14-year-old Luca, 9-year-old Lola, and 5-year-old Fiona.

Us Weekly was the first to report the split.

Ethan Miller/Getty

Oh no :(
Sad, but all the best to them.

Oh no. How sad, they were so cute together.

There were rumblings

wonder if 1 of them cheated?

I know it sounds stupid, but this actually makes me sad:( Really thought they were one of those rare Hollywood couples that would actually make it.

Sorry to hear this.

Nothing really does last in Hollywood

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 03/13/2012 at 1:54 pm

…that’s a little surprise. low key couple, 11 years.. they had a good run.

Calling it first @ 03/13/2012 at 1:55 pm

Brad pitt and angelina jolie are next. They’re going to have that little infamous yellow lightning bolt separating them :(

From recent red carpet walks you can tell they don’t like each other anymore.

Calling it first @ 03/13/2012 at 1:55 pm

please don’t let your mind wander any more because it’s much too young to be out on its own without parental supervision. the last red carpet was the Oscars. you do remember them? that’s where Brad was nominated for best actor for Moneyball. the reason, airhead, that Angelina didn’t appear with him on the red carpet was because it was Brad’s moment in the “sun”. Angelina’s presence would have taken the focus away from him. what part of this don’t you understand?

I think this was a case of forgetting priorities. He was always less famous than her until he got Twilight. Ever since he has been non-stop making or promoting Twilight and being on Nurse Jackie. There have been pictures everywhere of him out in nightclubs,etc basically seizing every opportunity to keep his name out there. Hard to have a great marriage or family life if you’re never there.

Oh no! I Sad to see this. They were a cute and sweet couple.

Very sad, but at least their statement didn’t include the usual “We hope to remain friends” BS.

this makes me sad. I always liked them together and thought they really had it figured out. :-(

i feel for the kids
but if it wasn’t working out
it’s the best thing to do

Calling it first @ 03/13/2012 at 1:55 pm
___________________________________
i agree
they obvious hate each other
this video of a recent rc
shows just that

as do all the pictures
of them kissing
at award shows nd after parties
they hate for one another
it’s so extreme that
they go everywhere together
just to make
each other miserable
those poor kids

sadly it’s not a surprise: he didn’t more wear his ring since several months
i hope the best for the kids

I’m really sad about this one…

ohh this is sad. And with 3 children…. :-(

kelly, kelly kelly? where is dylan? Sad for them. I liked them together..

sad. they seemed like the perfect couple and they have such cute kids.

What ? No ! No no no ! Not them ! :’(

I heard they weren’t living together about a year ago, so it’s not really a surprise they’re divorcing…

Sad. It seems that 11 years in Hollywood is considered a long marriage in Hollywood. That is also sad to me.

nooooo!!! :( i loved them, they were a cutre couple!!!

I am totally shocked over this particular breakup because they really seemed solid and devoted to the girls. Oh well. You live and learn. There is no such thing as forever and it’s best to move on when you realize it is no longer working than to hang on and hope it will be okay even for the kids. This is a perfect example of appearances not being the truth about what is really going on behind closed doors. It bodes well for us fans to remember these people are human and flawed and do not lead “perfect” lives. I wish Peter and Jeannie all the best. As they came together with love and respect it appears that is how they are going to end things. Good for them.

i knew about a year ago that this was going to happen hes off in NY filming and shes in LA looking after the kids it was bound to happen sooner or later very sad though

He’s got wondering eyes and hands….fame went to his head.

Wow I so did not see this coming from them. But I wish them the best of luck.

I really liked them together. I saw Jenny Garth on Dancing with the stars, and I thought this is a true woman on her thirties, gorgeous, healthy looking, no face lifting and no plastic surgery, a mother of 3 beautiful girls and a hot husband… she got it all!

not even a little surprised– with twilight being so huge (ugh) im sure women are throwing themselves at him.. plus the long hours – she even said herself that they fight constantly but do it in private.

cheating on his wife? how sweet.

opinionated @ 03/13/2012 at 9:17 pm

I saw that one coming. I always wondered how the beautiful Jennie Garth settled for that dude and always thought she could do better. she should stop using botox though as she doesn’t need it and I hope she finds someone amazing- she is so beautiful

i’ve seen so many interviews of her about her great home life, etc… I swear that is the kiss of death for these Hollywood couples – as soon as they start talking about how great their marriages are and how hard they work to keep the “balance,” the marriage is over.

@Dana: she said herself (in an interview) that he only married her when he found out she was pregnant. Then she knew he was cheating and wanted to divorce. I think this was a couple years ago.. but the ‘twilight’ idiots didn’t want him 2 ruin his rep. classy!

siennagold @ 03/14/2012 at 5:03 am

So sad. They looked good together.

Hard to have a great marriage or family life if you’re never there.

Holyyyy cow! What!? These were like one of the few couples I actually thought were going to last! They always looked so in love with each other! :(

I saw this coming. I always got this vibe that Jennie was unbearable to live with – not sure why.

@juju:

How in the worl did you get them “hating eachother” out of that video? their all smiling having a wonderful time. you are weird for thinking that this video shows they hate eachother. lol. weird. in addition, if brad and angelina seem to not look so all smilies, and giggly every second of their time while papparazi is photographing them, its probably because, they have 40 kids to handle, hundreds of press to do, and contributing to the less fortunate in other countries with all their spare time. people get tired ya know. like physically. im happy everyday, but i sure dont walk in jamba juice smiling ear to ear, thats just weird. you run errons and sometimes do things with a smile in your heart. so stop judging. your video is no proof of anything but a good time with one another. jenny garth had a smile everywhere she went, every interview, every red carpet, held hands with her husband, doted about him, and now their divorced. so ones actions to show love to one another may be different than others.

@ace11:

I actually read somewhere today that he had an affair with a Canadian twenty something while filming twilight and she found out. They tried to make it work however couldnt.

I always wondered how the beautiful Jennie Garth settled for that dude and always thought she could do better. she should stop using botox though as she doesn’t need it and I hope she finds someone amazing- she is so beautiful.