Gerard Butler Joins Unicef 'Rest of the World' Team for Charity Match

Gerard Butler Joins Unicef 'Rest of the World' Team for Charity Match

Gerard Butler steps out to run errands on Wednesday (March 14) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The 42-year-old Scottish stud (in Fila) was spotted out having lunch at a cafe late last week – Gerry chatted with fans who approached him.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

It was recently announced that Gerry will be joining Mike Myers and Michael Sheen on the Rest of the World Team – they’ll take on the English team at a match benefiting Unicef at Manchester United’s Old Trafford on May 27.

Can’t wait to see Gerry hit the field!

gerard butler out about car 01
gerard butler out about car 02
gerard butler out about car 03
gerard butler out about car 04

Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 711 » Show All
boobcakes4all @ 03/15/2012 at 2:02 pm

ewww

he is not aging well at all

Thank God for a new thread!

CK your charities @ 03/15/2012 at 2:19 pm

Still an arm of the VERY CORRUPT United Nations also funded with our TAX DOLLARS, I quit that charity a long time ago.
I for the most part don’t trust any Charities Celebs are attached too.
Do your homework.

Finally, a new thread. I refused to get involved in the nonsense that was the last one.
SoccerAid is brilliant, great entertainment for a great cause. I went to the one in 2008 at Wembley and had a blast. The calibre of celebs, professionals & retired professionals that it attracts is phenomenal.
It was also co-founded by Robbie Williams who in his time has done stuff that makes GB look like a saint, but he’s cleaned up and come good, proving that Mr Butler can get his act together if he wants to badly enough.

@ Toronto

I couldn’t agree more… I hope the ick stuff stays behind… :-)

Em

political fauxmanitarians @ 03/15/2012 at 2:22 pm

In exchange for the A list roles awarded to Useful IDiots only.

political fauxmanitarians @ 03/15/2012 at 2:22 pm

Ck out the KONY Obama Soros Oil Scam.

Is it my imagination or do those eyes look like they might have had a few sleepless nights over this latest scandal? The man who likes to keep his private life private has certainly not being doing that lately. It can’t be very happy over these recent developments!

@CK your charities:
Well said. ITAWY.
That’s why I call Clooney a fake opportunist, and I am tired of people like Manny using his an an example of “good” behavior or “good” works for Butler. How ridiculous. The woman needs to STFU already and stop spreading her gloomy cheer around.

@boobcakes4all: ITA. He’s sporting a coke bloat and has obviously had many *ahem* sleepless nights, partying like he’s 25….wearing clothes that are meant for 25 year olds not for nearly 50s…His looks are gone, not that I think he ever was that good looking to begin with, with his overbite, chubby face and bad posture.

….What’s even sadder are his middle aged soccer mom fans who spend their time following him online and having “Gerry” clubs lol

@political fauxmanitarians:
“Useful IDiots only”
The only way these corrupt leaders can line their pockets is by using useful idiots.
All the pontificators – Obama, Gore, Soros – that’s how they win elections and make billions. They preach what they themselves have no intentions of following. HW actors buy that nonsense and do their dirty bidding. I don’t listen to politics or opinions spoken by HW actors – the dummiest people on the planet. If they want to explain to me about acting theory or the inner workings of HW, something they might be well-versed in, I will listen.. But, they are NOT an authority on anything else.
Peeps need to stop using them as a good example that shopuld be followed. .

@Faker:

pity nobody is interested in your views…loser

Every thread ends up the same. That’s a fact. I will not say anything bad about GB. I don’t know him and you can’t trust photo assumption. Or everything you read and hear in the tabloids. He always looks pretty cute to me. I hope he’s a good person with a good heart, is off of drugs and not what he’s being described as lately on certain outlets. The man does have talent in the acting department.

&&&&&&&&&

Always do your research on charities. Find a legitimate one and give some money if you have it to give. If not, your time is just as valuable.

stupid nutter fangirls. he’s an idiot and a man with no morals. he should sit home and get drunk. a$$hole

final thought @ 03/15/2012 at 2:59 pm

I have been reading for some time now, what his doting fans and not so doting fans have to say regarding the ever mysterious and fascinating Gerard Butler. I must say that I find most of you very interesting. You have great points of view to add to the threads. It seems that the majority of you care about Mr. Butler whether you are supposedly projecting your needs on to him, whether you feel a connection to him through friendship, brotherhood,sisterhood whatever. ..

From what I have read you are open and frank about your opinion of him/his behavior etc., unlike some of the other GB fan sites that are perhaps more in line with a ‘he can do no wrong’ theme. Most of you care enough to tell him to get his affairs in order (no pun intended!) If of course, this is what has happened.

Yes, there are those who believe fans don’t have a right to give an opinion regarding his personal life. Theoretically, you would be right. But, human nature doesn’t always obey rules, I guess.

Some celebrities out there seem to be living by the motto ‘do what you do so it benefits you and others’. Of course, this could just be really good PR as someone aptly pointed out.

There are celebrities with a ‘questionable lifestyle’ still able to stay popular. Is that still a possibility though given that times have changed and there seem to be more access to celebrities private lives via twitter, mobile phones with pics/video, face book etc.?

Mr. Butler has fame, money and good looks. This is power he has at his disposal which of course he could use to make a difference to the world. Stardom fades with time, no matter how big the name. They are eventually replaced by new faces and are forgotten by future generations; Money doesn’t last forever either, nor do good looks.

Some seem to admire his ability to live the ‘I live by my own rules’ attitude. However, it seems he has paid a heavy price for that, judging by what’s circulating via the media, about his character and career so far, whether it be true or not.

If none of these stories are true and they are just designed to smite him down in some way, it seems to be working. Of course I’m going by what’s been said about him just like everyone else. But, if this is the case, he needs to clean house. He has more enemies than friends and should consider a new environment.

Most of his fans seem to believe that Mr. Butler has potential to aspire to something far greater..perhaps greater than himself? Those are the ones that follow him and his career with an eternal hope that one day he would prove them right. Then there are those that smell blood and are waiting for this man to crash and burn.

We never know when our end will come and when it does we will not be able to take anything with us ..not money, power, prestige, looks, houses, family, friends etc. The only thing that we will be judged by is what we have done, for ourselves and others. Our deeds.

No one is ever so far gone off the deep end that they cannot swim back to shore. Mr. Butler is in a position right now to be remembered for something great; for a career or a cause/s or both…or to be less positive, become a complete failure. Isn’t that why we are all so fascinated?

The two questions that Mr. Butler perhaps should now consider at this point in his life/career are, ‘What do I want to be remembered for?’ What am I willing to do/sacrifice to get it?

I hope he chooses wisely for his sake, his mama’s and all those who love him.

The Noise In The Walls @ 03/15/2012 at 3:03 pm

Hey Gerry!!
Is that an Italian National team jacket?..Looks like it but I could be wrong..Glad he joined Socceraid!!

@A:

Hmmmm . . . not sure what’s sadder – the middle-age poster . . . or the person who takes the time to criticize the middle-age poster.

@A: Oh, and I’m pretty sure what the ‘A’ stands for.

Gossipgirl @ 03/15/2012 at 3:20 pm

Greasy man ho, Gerald Butler. Will do anything with a vaj and a pulse, ugh!

Love Gerry . Happy to see him out and about . I hate Man U . I’m more of a Chelsea FC and Liverpool FC girl ! Thanks JJ for posting . I needed this today . : D

@xwy:
lol, maybe you need to get laid?

The Noise In The walls @ 03/15/2012 at 3:57 pm