Jake Gyllenhaal: Manhattan Man

Jake Gyllenhaal: Manhattan Man

Jake Gyllenhaal goes for a walk in downtown Manhattan on Wednesday (March 14).

The 31-year-old actor was spotted taking a ride on the subway later in the afternoon.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Jake Gyllenhaal

Jake‘s big sister, Maggie, was recently spotted out by her place in Brooklyn – Maggie and her husband, Peter Sarsgaard, are currently expecting their second child together!

Be sure to check out Jake in The Shoes‘ video for “Time to Dance” – it definitely show off a different side of him!

jake gyllenhaal downtown 01
jake gyllenhaal downtown 02
jake gyllenhaal downtown 03
jake gyllenhaal downtown 04
jake gyllenhaal downtown 05

Credit: Marquez; Photos: Splash News Online
Posted to: Jake Gyllenhaal

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

does he live in ny now? i don’t like the scruffy beard on him. wish he would ditch it.

He always looks so sad. What happened to the cute guy who used to clown around? Cheer up Jake!

Gay Vaginahaal @ 03/15/2012 at 1:40 pm

This guy sucks big elephant dicks and also takes aforementioned dicks in the ass.

Pattycake @ 03/15/2012 at 2:24 pm

He’d have to be a giddy idiot to go around smiling all the time. @jilli: I believe he spends a lot of time in NYC. And his sister is due any day now so he may be there for the birth.

AmberWaves @ 03/15/2012 at 2:33 pm

He doesn’t look “sad” to me. He looks like he doesn’t appreciate having cameras in his face. Who knows what kind of stuff the photographers were shouting at him! It’s not like they just take a picture. They also try to get a reaction by being rude. I’m starting to get used to his facial hair, but I don’t care for too much beard either. I think he is in New York more than he is in L.A. now. It seems like it for the past two years. I don’t blame him. New York is more interesting.

@AmberWaves: Hey if he doesn’t like his pic taken too bad. That goes along with being a celeb. If he didn’t want his pic taken he should have been an accountant or teacher or some other no fame job.

@amber I live in Cali and it is very interesting. I’ve been to NY, it’s ok but I would never live there. All a matter of preference I guess.

Open Your Eyes People @ 03/15/2012 at 3:57 pm

Jake spends a lot of time in NY because he’s hiding out. He’s gay. He’s in the closet. Haven’t you noticed how he never works. He supposedly wanders around the streets of Manhattan with nothing apparently to do all day long, with a scowl on his face to make us all feel guilty that we are bothering poor Jake. Yet, we were told he didn’t have time to be in the movie Motor City because he was too busy. His PR team put up photos like this or fake tweets/FB sightings to fool the fans. Jake could care less about any of you except when it’s time to sell his movies or promote himself for some other project. He’s leading a double life.

AmberWaves @ 03/15/2012 at 4:00 pm

@jd: Hey, jd, I understand what you’re sayin. But there’s a huge difference in just taking a photo; or getting right up in someone’s face and harrassing them and shouting all kinds of obscenities at them. It happens all the time.

Jake, usually doesn’t seem bothered, and it seems like he mostly ignores them. But if he looks like he is maybe not into it at the moment, I don’t blame him. Not even a famous person should have to put up with that. That’s why it’s actually against the law to harrass people.

You’re right, losing privacy is a price celebrities pay, but no one should have to put up with behavior that is actually harrassment, to see if they can make someone mad enough to get better photo. A lot of those photographers are convicted felons, and some times they will even “sue” a celebrity for money.

Photographers don’t have to be in your face. They have lenses that can take a picture from a block away.

Awww poor Jakey @ 03/15/2012 at 4:06 pm

@AmberWaves: He plays the bothered little queen so well doesn’t he? Where would he be now if not for his dad & mom who were both in the biz. He would be roaming down streets only not having his photo taken, that’s where.

@jd:

There’s a difference between wanting to be an actor (a real one, who works and loves it ) and wanting to be a celebrity. If Kardashians, and other reality tv “stars”, who just want to be famous no matter what or people like Leann Rimes, would start to complain about paparazzi, ok, I would say exactly the same thing as you did. But I doubt Jake or his sister Maggie started making movies just to be seen in magazines and to be gossiped about. Both are rather privet people and if they love their jobs, why should they change it? Paparazzi have plenty of willing targets, who have them on speed dial (all the Bosworths and Rimes’s of the world), so why bother stalking people like Jake (or worse, those with young children, who are stalked around their houses)? It’s not like he’s doing anything controversial or newsworthy.

Why did he turn down Motor City with Gary Oldman? That would have been a really good role for him. I don’t get it.

Gay Vaginahaal @ 03/15/2012 at 4:12 pm

@Open Your Eyes People: As I noted earlier, this guy sucks big elephant dicks and also takes aforementioned dicks in the ass.

@Josie: No matter, they are movie stars and if they don’t get their photos on the net when they make maybe 1 movie a year they could be forgotten. I doubt that’s what they want unless they are ready to just stop making movies for good.

Open Your Eyes People @ 03/15/2012 at 4:43 pm

@Matt

Well, you will love this one, Matt. Jake turned down Motor City because “he had scheduling” problems. That’s right. Someone who doesn’t work for months on end has scheduling problems. Basically, I think he had his PR people publicize that he was in the running for the movie so it looked like he was still in demand, knowing he wasn’t going to take the job anyway. Another reason I think this was a set up was because he was in the running for only 24 hours. Then it was announced he just wasn’t available in May. Jake is playing everyone. First the fake girlfriends, now the fake career. And, certainly a fake personal life.

Delusional @ 03/15/2012 at 4:48 pm

@Open Your Eyes People:

Wow. Thanks for all that insider information. You must really know him personally which is why you post on internet gossip sites.! LOL!.

So Jake is hiding in the closet and wandering the streets not working. Wow. Maybe you have him confused with your own miserable life.

He turned down a movie. NBD. Does he have a quota or something? Is he supposed to report to you? I guess Jake can do what he wants whenever he wants. He doesn’t OWE you or anyone else anything.

There could be a million reasons why he turns down a movie. So what. There’ll be other movies. How do you know he isn’t working on something? You don’t. And why do you care whether he’s in the closet?
It’s not like you could get it. LOL!

Jaaaaake!! missed you….. <3

Open Your Eyes People @ 03/15/2012 at 5:11 pm

I know a lot more than you do, honey. Jake is a fake. My life is hardly miserable because I live in the open and am true to myself. I don’t choose to lie about who I am or try to get a large staff to plant stories about me with this or that actress. Manhattan Man my a**.

GreyGayGoose @ 03/15/2012 at 5:15 pm

My Sweetie Pie!

I loved it when he went all butch in Time to Dance. He needs to take a movie role like that. It could get him another oscar nod.

@Open Your Eyes People: Actually, he finished filming a movie a while ago and he was just in a music video that was released about last week. His sister’s baby is due very soon so he is probably around to spend time with family. Actually, why am I even wasting my time replying to you? I doubt you’d listen any ways because you are too close minded.

@Delusional: EXACTLY! And he turned down the movie because the filming dates weren’t working out for him as well.

Jake has been quietly dating the French actress Lea Seydoux. They met at Berlinale where he was an International Judge. She’s been with him in NYC and they were photographed together day before yesterday. And please do not start with the “beard” argument. There would be absolutely NO reason for an actress from France who is relatively unknown here in the States to beard for Jake. Plus, he’d be making sure she was seen a lot if it was for appearance purposes.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All