Gerard Butler Developing 'Olympus Has Fallen'

Gerard Butler Developing 'Olympus Has Fallen'

The 42-year-old Scottish actor is set to star in the action film Olympus Has Fallen, a project he’ll also co-produce.

The movie centers “on an ex Secret Service agent who must foil a terrorist attack on the president’s residence,” according to THR.

Gerard most recently starred in Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher.

He’s also replacing Eric Bana in the diamond-heist thriller Brilliant.

ARE YOU EXCITED for Gerard Butler’s new role in Olympus Has Fallen?

WENN
  • Who did Ralph Fiennes date from Real Housewives of New York City?- US Weekly
  • Lilly Ghalichi has been fired from Shahs of Sunset- TMZ
  • Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 715 » Show All
Can'tGetEnough @ 03/17/2012 at 7:27 am

GB certainly partied the night away! I don’t think he was trying to keep his location a secret at all and this definitely wasn’t the place to “hide a GF”, that’s for sure! Curious about the above tweet though, GB and a rickshaw collision? Geez, was he out rolling in the street? Let’s hope Alicia didn’t have to carry him back to his hotel! *eye roll*
Maybe we’ll get more tweets today along with a few more details.
Have a great day JJer’s!
Sterling Ventura
2 hours ago
Partied with Gerard Butler, Matt Sorum, and Olivia Wilde!!!

First, I want to wish everyone a Great St. Patrick’s Day.
Gerry is learning the hard way that some people that come into your life are a BLESSING while others are a LESSON. We all have had people like that in our lives,
As far as him singing and dancing, what is the harm in that. If I am in a store or driving and the song Layla comes on I will sing and move to the music. Not all the fun he has is going to be some drugged out fiasco. I would worry more if all of a sudden I saw him really depressed and down. As A-town said it is also a place to do business along with the festivities.
As far as action movies with him having pain issues, that is what stunt doubles are for. I think he will use them more often now.

bystander @ 03/17/2012 at 8:11 am

@Can’tGetEnough: there’s nothing wrong with anyone partying, now and again. Fun is good. So is working hard. But shear volume of thrill seeking and social flitting is unhealthy
A work hard/play hard only lifestyle seems so very studenty, like something you progress from when you build quality partnerships, responsibilities, maybe family. Balance is everything.

GerrysGreenEyedWoman @ 03/17/2012 at 8:12 am

@bystander:
Many thanks for the article! No, wasn’t here last night! I have a manuscript int he works but it isn’t erotic. It leads up to the meet. What would be nice is creating a sequel where it leads to that. Yes, I write erotica.
My blogs (written in parts), especially the first story was very hot. Most every post was erotic, but all part of the same… how you say… session? (blushes) It drove his fans nuts. They were able to experience being with him in very intimate ways. Plus it was romantic, which is important. The emotional connection must be established early on. The how: He met a woman (who is very vague in description allowing any woman to be her) on his way to a wake in Scotland (remember his friend from the band died) at a Starbucks cyber cafe. He stopped in Dublin for to buy his mother a linen tea towel and “fuel up” with coffee. He’d rented a car choosing to drive himself. CDs by his GEG (sent with her letters).
Who he met was a woman of a certain age who knew who he was when he bounced in paying little attention to him. Indirectly watched him flirt with two other girls, but he noticed her hard at work on one of her erotic stories.
She was a masseuse, yoga instructor and erotic writer in to town for to help some pharmaceutical company destress! And she was always in Sandalwood essential oil!
That was his opening line, “What are you wearing?” “Sandalwood.” “What kind, Arabian, Indian or Australian.” That was it. She lightened up the darker recesses… eventually. I would love for you to read it… and join us but this is your habit. And my new story is a springboard from that which takes place in Old Town. Gerry is (blushing) still my muse.
Anyway… THIS is music to my ears, “Gerard Butler is working both in front of and behind the camera for his next project.” The behind the camera part is what I enjoy reading so much!
~K
wishing everyone a Happy Saint Patrick’s Day who thinks Gerry’s live is so very, very loud… so loud he can’t hear himself think… or maybe that’s whole idea???

bystander @ 03/17/2012 at 8:20 am

@GerrysGreenEyedWoman: for once we agree! So loud he can’t hear is a good way of putting it!

GerrysGreenEyedWoman @ 03/17/2012 at 8:30 am

So loud he can’t think either! But, it is St. Patrick’s Day weekend and by the announcement he’s a lot to celebrate!
And that was just last night! I dare to wonder what’ll tonight will be like? Sheeze where does he find the energy? Really feel the answer to that is not what many want to think but that he’s ‘high’ on sobriety and a good life and all the excellent awesome news (like this thread) and friends who stuck by him through the hard times! And, yes he does have hard times.
~K
who wonders what happens next!

Good morning…..realmente Camila me encanta ,encontre otra bonita melodia para los enamorados y se llama BESAME…….ayyyy…….que lindo……………amorcito mio,te envio un gran beso……..Kiss me … untimely and quiet without being
slows the time you kiss me … that is how I feel

CHORUS
====

Kiss me as if the world were to end after
kiss kiss and kisses to the sky the other way around
kiss me for no reason because he wants the heart
kiss me ….

I feel in the wind
while I
die slow
kiss me for no reason
and this time with you always

CHORUS
====
Kiss me as if the world were to end after
kiss kiss kiss me pon heaven backwards
kiss me for no reason because he wants the heart
kiss me …

Kiss me as if the world were to end after
kiss kiss kiss me pon heaven backwards
kiss me for no reason because he wants the heart
kiss me …

kiss me so mercilessly
Stay in my unconditional
just give me a reason
and I’m staying (and I’m me)
and I’m staying (and I’m staying)…….adios.

angelsrock @ 03/17/2012 at 9:00 am

When I’m bored, I just walk away and find a new toy. You wrote a 500 word essay on how GB disappoints you!!!! Very impressive. Gerry can’t win some of you here; it’s so obvious. If he would have pulled that Clooney stunt, he would have been crucified here. He’s pulling in lots of work in a tough business. So he’s supposed to create top notch projects as a new producer? LAC did pretty well in the theaters for a first time production I would say. Has he got a lot to learn? Absolutely!! Am I throwing him under the bus? Of course not. I just don’t know what some of you want from him? If he is not your cup of tea and has totally crashed your party, then move on to your George Clooneys. Guess what? He is more than likely never going to meet your expectations. Some of you are holding that bar way too high for Gerard Butler. He’s probably never going to achieve what you are hoping for. Bummer for you. Thumb me too!! I think he’s a pretty nice guy, making a very good living and working hard.

bystander @ 03/17/2012 at 9:03 am

@GerrysGreenEyedWoman: he’s a fun loving guy, so I’m not going to jump to that conclusion, either. It is one of the most lively celebrations on the calendar.

Real life beckons but I’m sure I will pop back to see what the next tweets bring.
Have a good weekend everyone.

@angelsrock: Right there with you Angel, I believe he is a hard worker also. We all stumble and fall from time to time but it shows our strength when we get back up and start over again. He knows the dangers of drugs or he wouldn’t have gone into rehab. I like him too and wish him success in whatever he does.

Can'tGetEnough @ 03/17/2012 at 9:44 am

@bystander: He has a lot of projects coming up, which is a good thing and he definitely needs to have some balance in his life. I know this is a heavy party weekend. We can only hope he’s doing the right thing for himself.

angelsrock @ 03/17/2012 at 10:00 am

@Can’tGetEnough:

Amen to that, CGE!!!

angelsrock @ 03/17/2012 at 10:09 am

@lolita:

lolita, it just makes so much sense to realize this. Not everyone can be at the top of their profession no matter how hard they try or what roads they take. We all make mistakes and Gerry is no exception to that rule. He has always appeared to be very professional when working by all reports. He does like to party hard and I hope he knows now when to pull in the reins. It just riles me a bit when people expect others to be near perfect. What pressure that imposes on others. All we can do is to be the best WE can be and to treat others as we wish to be treated. How trite to throw out our expectations and disappoints onto others so they have to bear the pressure.

@Can’tGetEnough:

Well it sounds like he had a pretty crazy night here. I will admit with just completing rehab that he probably should have went home after the screening and/or making a few connections. Ok I believe I’m am out of here now. Have a great weekend. ;)

Well, I wish him the best of luck with this new project! May it bring him the kind of professional satisfaction he is looking for!

And to everyone, a very nice day!

Em

Variety says Olympus production is set to start in September. So he’s got spring and summer to work on the other films.

angelsrock @ 03/17/2012 at 11:07 am

@Karen:

Busy guy!! I know he likes to work and he seems to have a hard time with unstructured time so he’s probably anxious to get going on these projects!

@angelsrock: I agree Angel and I think Gerry gets in trouble when he tries to make everyone happy. God knows I am far from perfect. Well it’s good to know that he has some people in his corner wishing him success and happiness.

@view from:
Thumbs up all the way girlie. Very concise and thorough take. Well done.
I just hate to see talent wasted. But then again I really am starting to believe Butler doesn’t care about his craft as much as for the perks that being famous brings. Acting is just the means to the lifestyle he seems to crave.
Started watching The Jury again a few days ago. Raw, honest, good. What happened to that actor? So promising. Such a shame…

@Manny: what happened was hollywood and 300

@view from:
“To be honest George Clooney made more impact in one day, with his recent arrest in connection with the people of Sudan that all the the PR band wagon made for his ill timed effort.”
You’re a fu/ck!ng idiot. You don’t understand HW at all. You think HW should be involved with politics. NO!
HW is about making movies that are good, as well as make a profit. What the fuuck does loony Clooney have to do with Gerry doing better projects?
Gerry is trying to get as many projects as possible. He has people in the business that love working with him. They are reaching out to him despite his recent flops, which means they know he can deliver. They are not seeing him as the loser you see. He’s far from being a loser. In fact, I believe you’re a bigger loser, sitting by your computer spitting your mumbo jumbo nonsense. Get a life!
FYI, loony Clooney has a whole list of flops, longer than GB’s.
It’s just that to the untrained mind he looks great because he gets “arrested”. .
Here in the US he is not held in such great regard, except by his HW cohorts and a few ideological idiots who think he genuine cares about what he preaches. He is a fake.
You in the UK are such dupes. I hate your mentality. Your thought process is totally screwed up.

Hollywood Gossiper @ 03/17/2012 at 1:11 pm

@why another action movie?: Something has to give with the current slate of movies. If Butler were smart he’d never work with Relativity again. And you are right for a man with supposed pain mediciation issues and fresh out of rehab he is putting a lot on his plate and mostly action movies so confusing. I agree that action/thrillers are the way to go because PTF and OMAM will be different types of movies but 4 back to back?

Hollywood Gossiper @ 03/17/2012 at 1:20 pm

@lolita:It isn’t a lesson if you keep making the same mistakes. Remains to be seen.

@angelsrock:
I can’t agree more.
Making a hit is more a numbers game. You have to make many flops or mediocre ones until one day you get something that strikes gold. That’s how business is made. Ii fear the people here don’t know the first thing about business. They haven’t made a penny. They think pulling one of loony clooney’s stunts is how you make it. How childish and immature?

These women probably work for some governmental or academic institution, maybe social services. Not trying to put it down, but it’s hardly a way to understand business or pass judgment on the business GB is in.
What I like about you is how you bring common sense and point out the idiocy of some of the posters here. They don’t know jack sh!t about the first thing of his business, yet feel qualified to talk about his failures as if they have the answers, or use Clooney as an example of what he should do. How out of touch. Are they out of their minds?

@dummy: and I dislike the arrogance of the USA who thinks it deserves to consume more than its fair share of the earths resources and inflict its trash culture round the globe. But hey let’s not get personal.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 715 » Show All