Charlize Theron Speaks Out For Marriage Equality

Charlize Theron Speaks Out For Marriage Equality

Charlize Theron tries to keep a low profile behind dark sunglasses as she arrives at LAX Airport on Sunday (March 18) in Los Angeles.

The 36-year-old actress made an appearance this past weekend at WonderCon 2012 and the HRC gala, where she caught up with E! and spoke about her new baby Jackson!

“He’s doing great. Its very hard for me to leave the house now so you know how important this is because I was like standing at the door going, ‘Ah, this is so hard!,” Charlize said.

At the HRC gala, Charlize was honored for her work in the LGBT community. “Marriage equality is about more than just marriage,” Charlize said. “It’s about something greater. It’s about acceptance…I will always be your cheerleader and I will always be your friend.”

FYI: Charlize is wearing Sanctuary‘s “Boyfriend” shirt.

charlize leaving la 01
charlize leaving la 02
charlize leaving la 03
charlize leaving la 04
charlize leaving la 05

Jesse Grant/Getty

I’m so impatient to see Jackson. With a mother like you we will love him Charlize!!

Where is askars @ 03/19/2012 at 7:11 am

Where is her boyfriend skarsgard?

@Where is askars: She’s so pretty and a good person. She doesn’t need Skargard.

Okay when is she bonding with her new baby? She is like all over the place without him. I don’t even see a nanny behind her with the baby. When does she bond?

Is she a lesbian? I’m beginning to wonder

She’ll soon start speaking about some political issue and she has started to move out of the house more after adoption. Raise him yourself idiot woman.

Where is Jackson ? @ 03/19/2012 at 9:21 am

Where is Jackson who is taking care of him? Her mom or another family/friend member?

She has been everywhere but no Jackson insight I understand privacy and protection reasons, but not one snap shot from a pap or even a fan

jankantius @ 03/19/2012 at 11:04 am

Why would you be wondering that? Are you trying to make some sort of thinly veiled point? .?@jess:

Good for you Charlize amd all the best with your new baby. You’re helping to make the world a better place.

If there is a remark that doesn’t say how beautiful the actress is,girls are jealous and if the remark about an actor it’s because girls can’t sleep with him

@Helen: I’m nor complaint about these remarks..to each his own..it’s just we are all different ..I don’t care if I’m going to get thumbs down

I agree with the majority of you guys, when is she bonding. I believe she said Jackson was about 3 or 4 months and that is a very important time. Sandra Bullock, Sheryl Crow and I am sorry I forget who else adopted babies around the same age, and either they were not seen for awhile or the babies were always with them at this important bonding time; they weren’t going to interviews and events and planting stories about a false bf, to get publicity for a film that will probably do very poorly at the box office. I find it sad that there are so many women in this world that would kill to have adopted a baby, that all they would want to do it is bond with the child right now.
That is why I believe the reports about her being cold, nasty and just down right mean and out to totally further her career anyway possible.

@mforman: You are brave to speak like that about God gift to the humanity

pathetic hater @ 03/19/2012 at 2:55 pm

mfroman a crazy fan of the no body i mean sksraggsss thing loon that says a lot….poor girl he will never take you with him actually he ignore your existense pathetic sad loser, as For Charlize who is one million time far better than you inside out and of skarss, i perfer not even commenting cuz the comparison would be silly lol

I like how she said, “I will always be your friend.” Very sweet and giving girl. Two thumbs up!

@pathetic hater—More than once I have said I never expected to meet him or even see him for that matter and I life in New York, so what you are saying is really ridiculous.
I also said that CT might not be a nice person, but she is beautiful and an incredible actress. Do you stans read other posts before you make these stupid statements.
You really shouldn’t post until you get your facts straight.
@–What are you talking about????

Ugonna Wosu @ 03/20/2012 at 10:25 am

@baby

she didn’t just “get” Jackson last week! She’s actually had him for about a month, and her mom has been helping her look after him. Right now, she’s on a publicity tour, aka “working”. Leave her alone.

Ugonna Wosu @ 03/20/2012 at 10:30 am

@mforman

wow! Charlize is nasty, but at least she looks good! As if that’s good enough. For your information, after the superbowl, Charlize was pretty hard to find for about a MONTH, so she WASN’T seen for awhile. She has a publicity tour that she’s on, lay off!

You guys really need to lay off, you guys call me a nutcase, really please read my posts and then yours again. I was brought up by a single mom, who had to work two jobs, she wasn’t flown around places and dressed by the best, but she did the best she could and to this day I think she did an amazing job; the reason I made mention of the fact that CT was on this publicity tour was that she was not suppossed to be doing any of this.
When all of those ridiculous sightings between her and AS, who were not even at the same place or if they were, they were with their friends at opposite ends of the place and then there were the sightings in which we found out later, he was working and she was there just with her friends.
My point, if you guys would listen is that CT saw what just talking to him did for EO and EO’s movie and her flim was getting alot better feed back then this Huntsman movie. I am sure the majority of this is just the usual HW, you help me, I will help you later on.
That is what makes him so great, he is working and couldn’t care less.

High Brow @ 03/22/2012 at 2:43 pm

@mforman: #22: Your comments show that you are someone with NO common sense. Please refrain from commenting from now on.